Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, lianau said:

I will never really get the need for a vow renewal . I mean you say it once with the until death stuff and they are fundies and against divorce so what's the point ?

Well, in JRod's case - ATTENTION!! (SMILE)

• Love 19
47 minutes ago, lianau said:

I will never really get the need for a vow renewal . I mean you say it once with the until death stuff and they are fundies and against divorce so what's the point ?

I have wondered, too. I can see why celebs do it for attention and maybe those who have gone through marital trials who want to reaffirm their commitment, but I didnt think it was something most evangelical Christians would do for the reason you stated. I wish someone would ask JRod to see what her response was.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

You  should've warned us that there were shots of the two of them caressing her lower belly and then another of Chimpy kissing it. Just to remind us that another kid they cannot/will not feed is on the way. Vomit alert!

Speaking of nausea, the closeup shots of Chimpy could be used for his entry in the Ugliest Man Alive contest.  He is about as physically unattractive as they come; leaving aside the personality defects.  I'm no  beauty queen myself, but that guy is physically repugnant.

What is with the older son with the platinum blonde hair? I doubt it's been bleached, I'm sure Jill and Chimpy would never let a boy do that, but his skin tone against that platinum makes him look even sicklier than the rest of the kids.

No surprise, the wedding color is pink. So predictable, Jill.

I think the toddler is wearing the baby bonnet because she doesn't have enough hair for Jill to spray and tease and banana curl into something appalling. Wanna bet the bonnet is made from the handkerchief Jill carried at her first wedding?  Grandmas used to do stuff like that, it's right up Jill's alley.

Edited by doodlebug
It is impossible for me to make a typo free post on the first try
  • Love 16

There! It is settled. The Rodriguii Vow Renewal shall hereunto be known as  "The Spectacle in Fuschia"!

Damn, Chimpy is creepy as all get out. I'm no beauty queen either, but good lord, I can't imagine anyone being joyfully available to schtup such a repulsive looking creature, let alone have a bakers dozen of sickly looking kids with him. I'm going to throw up and look for some brain bleach now.

• Love 21
41 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

There! It is settled. The Rodriguii Vow Renewal shall hereunto be known as  "The Spectacle in Fuschia"!

Damn, Chimpy is creepy as all get out. I'm no beauty queen either, but good lord, I can't imagine anyone being joyfully available to schtup such a repulsive looking creature, let alone have a bakers dozen of sickly looking kids with him. I'm going to throw up and look for some brain bleach now.

But, he has the Greatest Personality!!!

It's all about Jill, isn't it? She is a piece of work.  Those are the kids that need to run away and get normal lives.  Let the Duggars stew in their cult--Free the Rodriguii!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I can't imagine anyone being joyfully available to schtup such a repulsive looking creature, let alone have a bakers dozen of sickly looking kids with him. I'm going to throw up and look for some brain bleach now.

I think the brain bleach is normally stored right by the Josh and Anna thread, on the assumption that that's where it is most likely to be needed. ?

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No. Just no.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How fashion forward of them to wear t-shirts under formal gowns. Look for it on the red carpet in 2018.

Why didn't Jill just buy bridesmaid gowns that were not low cut with spaghetti straps? Could she not find enough Plexus pink rhinestone studded skating dresses with sleeves for her herd of daughters so she had to improvise?

Those poor girls look like they have a gig at a Holiday Inn lounge later that night. 

So were there any actual guests in attendance at the Spectacle in Fuschia? On Jill's facebook page there are a few more pictures of them out to dinner for their "reception" at some kind of low-end Mexican restaurant and an older couple is seated with them. I am guessing they are Jill's parents. That appears to be it as far as guests go. Not even SEVERELY PARALYZED Amy Foster seems to have been there. Maybe she showed up not dressed in pink and they wouldn't let her in the church.

• Love 14

I don't remember (or care to remember) what Jessa and Bin's sand thing was like. Was it three colors?

It's insane that the girl on the left is probably asiring to the overplucked eyebrows that the rest have. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Not to be confused with the Sherlock Holmes "Study in Scarlet."

24 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

I don't remember (or care to remember) what Jessa and Bin's sand thing was like. Was it three colors?

It's insane that the girl on the left is probably asiring to the overplucked eyebrows that the rest have. 

Gosh, and I thought there was only one Deanna Troi lookalike. Other two gals are well on their way.

So, when do the daughters get to start bleaching their hair like mom?

1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

I have the sickening feeling that the pink and blue bands in the Rodriguii jar of sand probably correspond to the genders of their various offspring.  

The white parts are probably the many miscarriages she says she's had.

It seems like the kind of idiocy Jill would enjoy.

• Love 7

Easy way to remember the spelling of fuchsia: it's similar to "fuck-sia", and the people who wear it are fuchsia-ed in the head!

'Fuchsia is the Homeliest Color'

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They can afford formal gowns, professional photography and flowers but can't feed their kids? #priorities

Well that's all for Jill to be the center of attention , food isn't worshipping her .

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Libby96 said:

I would think all the money spent on fancy clothes and pictures for an unnecessary, fake second wedding would be better spent on food and proper housing for their dozen children.  Silly me.   This woman has no idea what true modesty is.  She states on her facebook page that people in swimwear minding their own business on the beach is "so sad",  yet this spectacle in fuschia is a celebration of their perfect Christian love.  Whatever, lady.

It's hard for me to even comment on this thread because my heart breaks for these children. Look how the clothes hang on them. They are not thin, they are malnourished.  To me these parents are monstrous to put their own selfish interests ahead of their children's. How much money did this ridiculous spectacle cost? And where did the money come from? They could have put it to good use buying food and getting these kids to a pediatrician.

• Love 21

So apparently the Duggars associate with families that believe the same things they do but behave in vastly different ways.  Some families educate their children properly and let them have real lives and ambitions; others starve them and treat them like stage props.    Wonder which path the Duggar children will steer their children down?

• Love 3

I still maintain with some food and different non-90s hair and makeup the Rod girls have the potential to be normal-attractive. The dark hair and makeup with the pale, sickly complexions aren't helping their social situation.

I've got no excuse for the plain blond boy with the dark eyebrows, though. WTF?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

True confession time: I wore a spaghetti strap fuschia gown (size 6!) that had a generous sprinkling of tiny rhinestones across the bodice to the wedding of my husband's brother and his wife (nothing like the sartorial nightmare Jill made her daughters wear, I swear ... it was an expensive, very nicely made chiffon number.  Did I mention it was almost backless?).

Now why would I do such a thing, you ask?  I hated them, of course. 

I had a nice fake tan, wore my blonde hair down in long barrel curls (it was the 90s so I was in fashion).  Someone said I looked just like Loni Andersen (he was an old man and sincerely meant it as a compliment, lol).  I was the first thing you noticed in all the group wedding pictures.  ha! It was 20 years ago and it still makes me giggle when I think about the look on my sister-in-law's face.  

FUSCHIA!  The color of REVENGE! 

Go YOU, Celia!  I have fuschia chucks.  I LOVE them!

But seriously, I am so disgusted with these two I can't stand this.  How do we get help to these poor children?  I feel like throwing up.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

True confession time: I wore a spaghetti strap fuschia gown (size 6!) that had a generous sprinkling of tiny rhinestones across the bodice to the wedding of my husband's brother and his wife (nothing like the sartorial nightmare Jill made her daughters wear, I swear ... it was an expensive, very nicely made chiffon number.  Did I mention it was almost backless?).

I had a nice fake tan, wore my blonde hair down in long barrel curls (it was the 90s so I was in fashion).  Someone said I looked just like Loni Andersen (he was an old man and sincerely meant it as a compliment, lol).  I was the first thing you noticed in all the group wedding pictures.  ha! It was 20 years ago and it still makes me giggle when I think about the look on my sister-in-law's face.  

You are my most favorite person in the world. 

While I have you, how many more bridesmaid dresses am I sewing modesty panels into? Just asking ...

• Love 7
5 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Go YOU, Celia!  

Thank you.  She really had it coming.  Who the hell serves domestic champagne at her wedding shower?

4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

While I have you, how many more bridesmaid dresses am I sewing modesty panels into? Just asking ...

Hmm, about the modesty panels ... don't you think they've become passe'?  I want only the latest fashion trends at the wedding!   I think we should contact Jill R. and see where she bought those nifty lace edged t-shirts her daughters were forced to wear wore. Ask Gee Golly what she thinks and what her colors are. I've left the artistic design of our ceremony in her capable hands. (psst, in case she asks where I've been lately, don't tell her I've been whoring myself out in the Real Housewives of NYC thread ... she thinks I've been at Journey to the Heart!!!)

Oh, and just in case one of you wenches was planning to show up to our wedding in a fuschia dress ... don't even think about it!  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It was probably the first meal out they'd had in ages.  Looks like they're allowed to have iced tea and soda, unlike the Dugg kids who don't even get it on their birthday.

To be fair, their parents' vow renewal is way more important than any old birthday those kids will ever have. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

too funny!!  When my son got engaged to a really great girl, about 20 years ago, they lived 3000 miles from us, so she didn't really know me.  When they talked about the wedding I teased and said "I'd like to wear fuchsia spandex and bedazzle it".  Her eyes got as big as saucers and she didn't know I was kidding and said with a pained voice "OK".  I said "I'm kidding of course".  Big sigh of relief.  I picked a nice dress, she liked it, and all these years later we laugh about the fuchsia spandex.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, doodlebug said:

You  should've warned us that there were shots of the two of them caressing her lower belly and then another of Chimpy kissing it. Just to remind us that another kid they cannot/will not feed is on the way. Vomit alert!

Speaking of nausea, the closeup shots of Chimpy could be used for his entry in the Ugliest Man Alive contest.  He is about as physically unattractive as they come; leaving aside the personality defects.  I'm no  beauty queen myself, but that guy is physically repugnant.

What is with the older son with the platinum blonde hair? I doubt it's been bleached, I'm sure Jill and Chimpy would never let a boy do that, but his skin tone against that platinum makes him look even sicklier than the rest of the kids.

No surprise, the wedding color is pink. So predictable, Jill.

I think the toddler is wearing the baby bonnet because she doesn't have enough hair for Jill to spray and tease and banana curl into something appalling. Wanna bet the bonnet is made from the handkerchief Jill carried at her first wedding?  Grandmas used to do stuff like that, it's right up Jill's alley.

First of all, hell where do I begin. Chimpy looks like he was smacked in the side of the head with a bat and his eyes never really adjusted straight. He also looks like he fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch coming down.

Platinum headed boy. I think he bleached his hair. His eyebrows are super dark. 

In reference to that little girl with the absurd bonnet on. Did she have brain surgery? That's the only reason I can think of.

That is all. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, LilJen said:

Not to be confused with the Sherlock Holmes "Study in Scarlet."

Gosh, and I thought there was only one Deanna Troi lookalike. Other two gals are well on their way.

So, when do the daughters get to start bleaching their hair like mom?

When did Deanna Troi have a Baptist bump and banana curls? She was never so tragically unfashionable. 

• Love 2

My original post used the word tragic. It's hot and my laptop has been eating text, and I guess I didn't catch that before posting my edit of the pictures. I was so worried about the stupid link. 

But yes, the entire Rodriguii situation is tragic. Jill basically admitted in a recent FB event that Chimpy makes those tracts for free. I guess churches pay him for the supplies? She didn't clarify that. They're living solely off of "love offerings" for their "ministry." Or Jill/Chimpy's parents are really helping them behind the scenes. I imagine it's Jill's side. We never hear about Chimpy's side of the family. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Is it just me or does every single one of the Rodrigues children, rather unfortunately, resemble their dad?

Definitely not just you. I think Nurie and the second oldest girl could look really good with better styling, but the younger kids are carbon copies of Chimpy. Of course, I'm sure the fact that they're half-starved isn't helping things either.

• Love 4

Those poor children, they have their father's ears!  Pity they don't have the $ to have them pinned back, he looks like a freak put on Earth for our snark, they were just the poor unlucky ones to be given his genes and now starve so much while he is a big round thing who obviously eats more than his share of the food.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

@Gee Golly, your choice puts me to mind of Joseph's Coat of Many Colors.   I have chose an godly woman, indeed!  

@Westipeach, commence to stitching!!! 

I hope you will add some t-shirts to layer under that top though! I can see the model's stomach and the waist band of her skirt through it. No to mention that V-neck eye trap!

A white long sleeve T-shirt, with a mustard short sleeve T-shirt over it, should make this ensemble adequately modest.

• Love 7