Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, fuzzylollipop said:

Who is the lost girl next to Sierra? She looks exactly like one of the middle boys, whose names I haven't bothered to learn in the last 10 years. I only know from Josh to Jinger, the rest are a blur of lookalikes.

Justice?  Judith?  Jewel?  Jersey?

Sorry, I have no clue either.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like the Duggar wimmenz, plus some other friends, threw Sierra a birthday party either today or over the weekend. Note that she's wearing that stupid "blessed mama" shirt that Jessa also has. Ugh. 

I'm also afraid that my prediction of more bad wedding planning is in the offing. The Duggars thought enough of her to buy a sheetcake and dip some strawberries. 

I don't know if its the tilt of Sierra's head, the half-cant smirksmile or what, but she reminds me very much of JillRod somehow in this picture.

• Love 7

Thanks guys, I can't believe that's Hannie. She's so big already! 

Also, Sierra is the roughest looking 27 year old ever. I'm 27, but look a good 10 years younger. And if she stood next to me, there's no doubt that people could easily think she's my mother. The main difference is that I have zero kids and she already must have at least half a dozen Jesus soldiers. This lifestyle is really tough on women. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, fuzzylollipop said:

Thanks guys, I can't believe that's Hannie. She's so big already! 

Also, Sierra is the roughest looking 27 year old ever. I'm 27, but look a good 10 years younger. And if she stood next to me, there's no doubt that people could easily think she's my mother. The main difference is that I have zero kids and she already must have at least half a dozen Jesus soldiers. This lifestyle is really tough on women. 

Five pregnancies in six years will do that to you. I always thought Sierra was mid 30s.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Five pregnancies in six years will do that to you. I always thought Sierra was mid 30s.

From what I can tell on her social media, she also lives on about 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Mania will also do this to a person. I expect her laundry room breakdown to be even more spectacular than Mechelle's. I'm just surprised that she's not pregnant yet; she usually announces before the pee stick dries. 

• Love 3

I think like most of these fundies, she went to a party that one time, smoked some weed and had a beer. Voila! A drunk and a drug addict in need of salvation!!!!!111

Jeremy's story is only a step above that; he might have gone to a handful of parties and maybe even a bar once. 

• Love 7

What the heck would a pumpkin cake truffle even be?

Never mind. Looked it up. It's pumpkin cake coated with "spiced" cream cheese frosting, then dipped in some variety of chocolate....I'll pass.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Never mind. Looked it up. It's pumpkin cake coated with "spiced" cream cheese frosting, then dipped in some variety of chocolate....I'll pass.

Blech!  Oh, the sugar!  The sugar!  (And I say this as I eat caramels at 10:30 AM.)

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Puts me in mind of dear Sandra Lee, who is actually a very nice person (I met her once), but lord, her "semi-homemade" concoctions could be barfworthy. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I've been to a few showers where people ooh and ash over cake pops = box cake mix cake crumbled up and mixed with canned frosting (gag) the dipped in those fake chocolate candy melts and stuck on a stick. Sounds like something right up Sierra's alley.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I've been to a few showers where people ooh and ash over cake pops = box cake mix cake crumbled up and mixed with canned frosting (gag) the dipped in those fake chocolate candy melts and stuck on a stick. Sounds like something right up Sierra's alley.

Jinger's wedding, here we come. Or maybe Sierra's best friend Joy's instead.

Edited by Churchhoney

I figured as much about Alyssa. She's looked pregnant in the last few photos I saw prior to the announcement. Allie Jane will be around two when Alyssa delivers, so hopefully this is just normal spacing without the intention of popping out a dozen blessings. From what I've seen on BUB, Alyssa doesn't like a lot of noise and chaos, so there's still hope.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Hey, won't those things run you $2 a pop at Starbucks?  Sounds to me like people might be thrilled primarily because they can get their cake fix without having to pay $2 apiece for it, lol.

• Love 2
On 4.9.2016 at 2:49 AM, BitterApple said:

Wow, a tour?! Lawson is HORRIBLE. I mean, he wouldn't even pass muster for a high school talent show. I guess the promoters figure he'll sell based on his looks. I'm sure there's plenty of Christian girls who would love to deflower him after the show.

he's still miles ahead of the Rodrigues family . And they can't stop making ears bleed .

• Love 1
On 9/13/2016 at 2:35 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I think like most of these fundies, she went to a party that one time, smoked some weed and had a beer. Voila! A drunk and a drug addict in need of salvation!!!!!111

Jeremy's story is only a step above that; he might have gone to a handful of parties and maybe even a bar once. 

AND he may have actually physically touched another human being in a sinful manner! 

On 9/13/2016 at 6:33 PM, Churchhoney said:

If ever offered this treat made by someone other than this clan you should try it.  Choc and pumpkin is an amazing combo.  Anything these chuckleheads made?  No.  Just no.  I prefer snacks without boogers and Josie spit.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

If ever offered this treat made by someone other than this clan you should try it.  Choc and pumpkin is an amazing combo.  Anything these chuckleheads made?  No.  Just no.  I prefer snacks without boogers and Josie spit.

Good suggestion. I'll take it. ... Now that you mention it, when I think of pumpkin pie filling and some rich dark chocolate, it does sound as if it could be a great combination.

But when I think of the Duggars.... well, everything you mention plus about 40 pounds of sugar and very little either actual pumpkin or actual cocoa beans .... so ....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Good suggestion. I'll take it. ... Now that you mention it, when I think of pumpkin pie filling and some rich dark chocolate, it does sound as if it could be a great combination.

But when I think of the Duggars.... well, everything you mention plus about 40 pounds of sugar and very little either actual pumpkin or actual cocoa beans .... so ....

Pumpkin bread has always been a favorite treat of mine..and with dark chocolate chips could even be more amazing. .I'd like to see if I couldn't find a gluten free recipe to try this year. 

We keep canned pumpkin all year round. Our cats love it, plus it helps hair balls go into the litter box, rather than where you don't want them. Goes in orange, goes out orange, so do not be alarmed. Plain canned pumpkin is not delicious at all, but cats seem to think it tastes groovy.

• Love 3

We keep canned pumpkin all year round. Our cats love it, plus it helps hair balls go into the litter box, rather than where you don't want them..

i give pumpkin to my little dog to help her stay 'regular' its good for them...extra fiber.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Try a brownie with pumpkin ice cream.  DIVINE!  

The Duggars are a travesty when its comes to food.  They have the means to eat very well, great kitchens with which to cook the meals, and a lot of hands that need busy work.  But they choose to eat crap.  Unimaginative crap.  It really sucks to be them.  When the food at that restaurant the girls went to is a head scratcher it is nearly sinful.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Try a brownie with pumpkin ice cream.  DIVINE!  

The Duggars are a travesty when its comes to food.  They have the means to eat very well, great kitchens with which to cook the meals, and a lot of hands that need busy work.  But they choose to eat crap.  Unimaginative crap.  It really sucks to be them.  When the food at that restaurant the girls went to is a head scratcher it is nearly sinful.

I'm sure much of this can be blamed on Boob's unimaginative ideas regarding gastronomy.  If it's not meat and potatoes and gravy, he doesn't want to know.

• Love 3
On 9/15/2016 at 11:18 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Pumpkin bread has always been a favorite treat of mine..and with dark chocolate chips could even be more amazing. .I'd like to see if I couldn't find a gluten free recipe to try this year. 

We keep canned pumpkin all year round. Our cats love it, plus it helps hair balls go into the litter box, rather than where you don't want them. Goes in orange, goes out orange, so do not be alarmed. Plain canned pumpkin is not delicious at all, but cats seem to think it tastes groovy.

This is the second time I have had this suggested to me and I finally need to try it.  My big boy Riggs (full name Martin Riggs but the Martin is silent, ok we are  strange) horks up a hairball occasionally and the sound that poor boy makes is something out of this world.  Like really loud HEEEEEHEEEEEHEEEEE.  Out of the 20 or so cats I have had over my lifetime never heard anything like it.

Pumpkin bread with dark choc chips sounds super good.  Going to have to give it a whirl.

I wish I got UP so I could watch this one.  They are also snarkworthy but still entertaining.  More personality per person.

• Love 1

Alyssa announced her pregnancy via social media. Hell, even Whitney is still pregnant in show-time, and Kaci Lynn was born on June 20 (I only remember that because she missed my birthday - day before - by just a matter of a few hours). 

So, they're three months behind. That said, Alyssa is due before Jessa on Jan 27, so she was already like 8 weeks pregnant by the time Whitney delivered. I guess we will have to find out how soon she told the family, because you know UP filmed it. Because more grandbabies. 

• Love 2
On 9/14/2016 at 8:33 PM, BitterApple said:

I figured as much about Alyssa. She's looked pregnant in the last few photos I saw prior to the announcement. Allie Jane will be around two when Alyssa delivers, so hopefully this is just normal spacing without the intention of popping out a dozen blessings. From what I've seen on BUB, Alyssa doesn't like a lot of noise and chaos, so there's still hope.

I think Alyssa has said on the show that they would like about six kids so hopefully they'll keep with that number.  I think Alyssa's dress is very pretty, minus the ribbon & flower belt. She always looks so nice & put together even when she has on a Tshirt with her yoga pants.   I just can't see any of the Duggar gals ever looking like this (well maybe Jana.) 

I think they ought to get Gwinn, Ben's mother, to do the upcoming Jinge & Babe showers & reception.  Remember how nice Benessa's rehearsal dinner was including both food & decorations?  IIRC, she also handled one of Jessa's bridal showers & it had a fall soup theme, which was way out of the Duggar norm of sheet cake & strawberries. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If law enforcement wants to get someone to confess to a crime or end a standoff, they could use this video. I hope my two cats will not suffer any long term side effects from hearing this.

Jayzus have infinite mercy! 

He's a very cute boy, but he can't sing.  My headship was out for the evening, otherwise I would never have gotten to live it down had he heard this.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If law enforcement wants to get someone to confess to a crime or end a standoff, they could use this video. I hope my two cats will not suffer any long term side effects from hearing this.

The military should use this to interrogate POW's. It's probably twice as effective as waterboarding.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Who wants to take the fall and break it to Lawson that he's a no-talent hack? You'll get banned for your trouble. LOL

I'm usually appreciative of people's efforts, but not when they have pretensions to being what they're not, in the face of all evidence. To my mind, he doesn't even rise to the level of no-talent hack.

And he's not a kid in the 7th grade talent show. He's old enough to know better than this. I don't see any excuse for his not knowing better, except the Gothard arrogance.

• Love 3

Holy hell I couldn't finish that video. I read everyone's comments and figured it was bad, but I still wasn't adequately prepared. . . . 

Those lyrics also had me howling with laughter. I'm surprised I didn't rupture something in my eyes from rolling them during that Richter scale line. 

Edited by Zella
elaboration
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They probably want to save it for the imminent release of his first major-label album.

Stop! You're killing me.

He must have gotten a lot of negative feedback, and by negative I mean stuff like flat, pitchy, etc. even from leghumpers,  and he took it down.  Lawson is EXTREMELY thin-skinned.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3