Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Forget

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I’m on Team Sasha. Her reaction is the only one making sense to me. I guess I’ve gone feral because I’m having a hard time with all this civilization. Clean Smiley Rick, Michonne in a windbreaker(!), look-at-the-flowers on Carol’s sweater. Best line to Rosita: They have beer. I like CDB fighting danger, not grappling with party shyness. Hope the shit hits soon.

When Jessie was giving Rick her preachy, Deanna-style line about 'we’ve all lost but we’ve also gained, we get to meet different kinds of people...' I was kinda waiting for him to say, yeah, I lost my wife. Kinda hard to put a good spin on that. I also wanted to slap Rick for kissing Jessie. I’m not proud of that.

Aww, Aaron recognized that Daryl knows what a good guy is. I’m not sure Daryl will make a good recruiter, but I do want to see the look on strangers’ faces when he approaches them and says, hey, you should come with me, I will save you.

Carol is officially certifiable. We know that now.
No no no, another horse atrocity. Aw, Buttons.

• Love 18
(edited)

What Carol said was brutal, but it seemed to be the only thing she could have done to protect them.

She could have bribed him, made up some other story other than threatening him in a really ugly way.  What if he took that story back to his mother?  That would be some explaining to do.  It actually seemed too harsh, even for Carol.

Edited by raven
  • Love 11

What Carol said was brutal, but it seemed to be the only thing she could have done to protect them. 

Yes, and that greedy gut little kid brought it on all by himself by feeling entitled to all the cookies when supplies are short.    Maybe if he's good she'll teach him how to stab someone in the head. Now go make your damn self useful, you little mouth breather.    I guess I've been out there too long.   

Why was Sasha let outside the gates to do target practice?   It couldn't have been to take out walkers, since they said they hadn't seen any in forever and a day, yet they're all over the damn place.

• Love 16
(edited)

oh god, my streaming went down for a bit, there was a kiss already?? Figures the reason to get the characters washed and shaved was to bring the hanky panky back to the screen without making it look gross.

eta: I'm all for Daryl expanding his horizons and making new friends.

And he didn't even need a haircut.

My Two Dads with Daryl as the adopted son! Plus guest star Buttons the magical ghost horse. PLEASE GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 23

The only way I will accept Rick and Jesse is if she is Transition Woman.  And Michonne can have a Transition Man...Maybe it will take that for both to realize they should be together. 

I ship Richonne pretty hard.  Sorrynotsorry

• Love 18

At this point Daryl/Aaron/Eric as a triad, with Carol popping in sometimes and threatening to kill Eric and Aaron if they don't treat him right, would be more believable than some of these pairings...

As far as spin off's go, that sounds way better than Better Call Saul (which to be fair is pretty good). I'd watch it anyway.

• Love 2

She could have bribed him, made up some other story other than threatening him in a really ugly way.  What if he took that story back to his mother?  That would be some explaining to do.  It actually seemed too harsh, even for Carol.

I was with Carol.  She needed to scare the poop out of him. 

• Love 23

But if he screws her and it's even close to being an emotional connection beyond wanting to get laid, or if he sexually assaults her.....I will rage quit.

Rick as a character could never recover if they had him sexually assault someone.  He's looking looney for sure but I don't think the show would do that.

• Love 8

Jessie must know that Aaron found CDB half starved and on the road, yet she trots out the line about how everyone's had it tough. Tell it to Sasha, lady.

• Love 11

Also, I have never related to Rosita more than when she walked into the party, looked around, and was just like "well, at least they have beer".

That pretty much sums up my reaction every time I get strong armed into social gatherings.

• Love 18

Carol should be the official story teller when they sit around a bonfire eating s'mores. She's one scary bitch and I was laughing my ass off...the longer the story went the harder I was laughing, damn near pissed my pants..kinda like that kid, lol.

I like Darrel and his new BFF but seriously, one killing walkers over a (soon to be dead) horse and a spaghetti dinner later and he's ready to not have secret guns?? What???

• Love 19

You know, I really wanted to see this group settle down and start rebuilding. But now all I want is to see a monster walker hoard just tear through Alexandria.

Maybe Sasha was going to the tower to keep an eye out? And does the community have extra gates? Sasha went out one and Deena watched her leave. But when Rick, Darryl, and Carol come back, the gate had a brown covering over it so you couldn't see out.

• Love 3

You know, I really wanted to see this group settle down and start rebuilding. But now all I want is to see a monster walker hoard just tear through Alexandria.

Maybe Sasha was going to the tower to keep an eye out? And does the community have extra gates? Sasha went out one and Deena watched her leave. But when Rick, Darryl, and Carol come back, the gate had a brown covering over it so you couldn't see out.

I think the group was told that there are 4 gates.

Carol should be the official story teller when they sit around a bonfire eating s'mores. She's one scary bitch and I was laughing my ass off...the longer the story went the harder I was laughing, damn near pissed my pants..kinda like that kid, lol.

I like Darrel and his new BFF but seriously, one killing walkers over a (soon to be dead) horse and a spaghetti dinner later and he's ready to not have secret guns?? What???

The Brothers Grimm have nothing on Carol.

• Love 11
Aww, Aaron recognized that Daryl knows what a good guy is. I’m not sure Daryl will make a good recruiter, but I do want to see the look on strangers’ faces when he approaches them and says, hey, you should come with me, I will save you.

I think he was actually one who brought a lot of people into the prison.

The only way I will accept Rick and Jesse is if she is Transition Woman.

I accept Jessie. Because I think it's likely she'll die for Rick's manpain. And I'd much rather that than lose Michonne.

• Love 12
(edited)

Carol with her threats to Sam reminds me, most of all, of her secretly teaching the kids at the prison to use knives. In Carol's mind now, she's doing what needs to be done - not just protecting her family's interests, but teaching the kids what the world now really is.

Melissa McBride is fantastic. It was amazing to watch her walk back behind the walls and completely transform the entire way that she walked and carried herself in an instant to keep up her charade.

Edited by AlliMo
  • Love 19

And she did try. With the cookies. He was still going to tell. She had no other to work with. Scare the shit out of him will work.

• Love 10

Also, how creepy was that kid? She turned around and he was just standing there, without making a noise. He followed a total stranger in the middle of the night, to a darkened room for food? What are this kid's parents teaching him?

And we thought Lori was bad for constantly losing Carl.

It's like he walked out of the corn....

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
(edited)

It's one thing to be tough.  It's another thing to be tough and crazy.  Carol is the latter.  I wouldn't want that bitch anywhere near me or mine.  I hate that schoolmarm-looking mouth of hers.  Just die now.

She looked demonic.

She is demonic.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 7
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger.... I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

--Rick, Carol & Sasha

Some of our CDB really have been out there too long.  I didn't think it was possible but there it is.  Good for the AZhats (sp?) I guess, as now some of them might stand a chance when the inevitable herd blows through.  They knew that already, hence the invite, but they had no idea how far gone some of CDB are.  Like fucking Rick!  With his itchy trigger finger.  Or Carol, the witch in the Hansel & Gretel fairie tale.  And poor Sasha with her thousand yard stare.  

• Love 7

Parts I liked about this episode:

Daryl eating his spaghetti all caveman style. Reminds me of my teenager.

Carol going all bat shit crazy scaring the piss out if that nosy ass kid.

Parts I didn't like:

Unfortunately just about everything else!

• Love 1

I don't approve of what Carol did with little Sam there, but I think I understand how she got there. She lost three children, each in a horrific way. Here's this clueless little kid who's biggest concern is getting more homemade cookies. I don't think she even sees him as real, the same way that Sasha doesn't see ASZ as real. And even if she does, there's got to be some "why should you live this cushy life when all of my girls are dead?" Also, I loved the angle that they filmed Carol from during that scene: She looked demonic.

• Love 17

And does the community have extra gates? Sasha went out one and Deena watched her leave. But when Rick, Darryl, and Carol come back, the gate had a brown covering over it so you couldn't see out.

The main gate has two parts: the outer gate is iron bars, and the inner gate is made of chain-link, which is covered with a brown tarp of some kind.

• Love 1

It's one thing to be tough.  It's another thing to be tough and crazy.  Carol is the latter.  I wouldn't want that bitch anywhere near me or mine.  I hate that schoolmarm-looking mouth of hers.  Just die now.

I'm thinking tough and crazy is going to save everyone's ass.

• Love 13

I know, right? My favorite short story is "Oil of Dog" by Ambrose Bierce and it is dark gallows humor at its best. I just laughed so hard, on two levels, watching the scene but also thinking of how much fun MMB must have had doing that scene.

Ah snap. Jesse. We have our new Lori/Andrea. The female in a genre show that gets hate on like crazy while doing not nearly enough to deserve the hate (IMO). Damn, I really don't care. Let Rick get laid. Dude really needs to unwind. Yes, I would prefer it if was a with a woman that was single woman. But, can't be too choosy in the ZA. I don't give a damn about Michonne/Rick. I see zero (negative) chemistry between them romantically. So, whatever to that too.

Agreed, but can I please remind people that nobody got laid in this episode. She's married and she hasn't gone to bed with Rick.

I thought it was a great crazy episode...and would someone PLEASE get Abraham a bra? HIs are getting bigger than mine.

• Love 4

I sure hope they don't put Carol in charge of the local daycare. If so at least be sure there are no classes on cookie making or flower arranging. Damn.

Speaking of childcare, they have made mention of kids younger than Coral and co going to school in the morning, and also that the community hadn't seen a baby in a long time. It made me wonder what Judith's childcare schedule is like. It's not like Rick and Michonne can carry her around while being the ASZ security guards, and I'm sure he is going to encourage Carl to spend time with the other kids. Carol is off chatting with housewives and planning genocide, Maggie is like Deanna's assistant or something...any ideas for who is the new nanny? I doubt Rick would be too hot on the idea of one of the ASZers taking her full time.

(edited)

Well, I don't want that necessarily because some of our main group would probably be lost if it happens but I definitely think they are living in la-la land.  Which maybe is understandable if they've been in a place of relatively safety all this time but what's annoying about it is they come off kind of smug and dismissive of what CDB has been through.  Oh we've all had bad experiences, we've all lost, blah blah.  Really?  Bet you didn't come within seconds of having your throat slit by cannibals so they could drain your blood and eat you for dinner.   And Deanna, definitely a politician dreaming of the new society she's going to make and demanding that everyone else pledge allegiance.

Edited by Dodginblue
  • Love 10

I agree that Carol is more than a little disturbed, and that the death of three children (one that she directly killed) is what lead her there. 

Ultimately, though, what else was she to do when the kid sees her stealing guns? She tried to simply bribe him with cookies, and then the little shit gotta be like all "I tell my mom everything".

She had to do what she had to do. An adult she might have killed. 

• Love 17

Speaking of childcare, they have made mention of kids younger than Coral and co going to school in the morning, and also that the community hadn't seen a baby in a long time. It made me wonder what Judith's childcare schedule is like. It's not like Rick and Michonne can carry her around while being the ASZ security guards, and I'm sure he is going to encourage Carl to spend time with the other kids. Carol is off chatting with housewives and planning genocide, Maggie is like Deanna's assistant or something...any ideas for who is the new nanny? I doubt Rick would be too hot on the idea of one of the ASZers taking her full time.

It will be Jesse.  Book it.   Ugh.

Father Pee Pants? Tara? Noah? Those would be my guesses, and would explain why we haven't seen much of them. 

(edited)
I'm thinking tough and crazy is going to save everyone's ass.

No, I don't think so in this case.  I think the kid is scared shitless--problem is, he won't be able to hide the terror--and the parents or someone else will notice and question him.  He'll then cave and tell them everything Carol said.

She should've/could've made up some story about the guns, that she was unfamiliar with them and was ashamed about it, so she sneaked in to get a few of them so that she could look them over, and get that guy who offered to teach her how to shoot.  So even if the kid told the story, her story would have held up because the guy did offer to teach her.  Then she, Rick and Darryl could have tried again (with a better plan) later on to get the guns.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 9

Ah snap. Jesse. We have our new Lori/Andrea. The female in a genre show that gets hate on like crazy while doing not nearly enough to deserve the hate (IMO). Damn, I really don't care. Let Rick get laid. Dude really needs to unwind. Yes, I would prefer it if was a with a woman that was single woman. But, can't be too choosy in the ZA.

Yeah, at the very least, he could try not to bring more trouble unto himself and skip the married ones.

Is Olive single? I bet she would make him a nice prosciutto too. Rick can get a haircut from someone else.

I don't hate Jessie. Jessie doesn't exist. She's a walking, talking cipher. She's basically just a collection of body parts for Rick to notice. 

I hate the idea that in order for Rick to "move on" from Lori, it takes nothing more than a handful of appearances by a non-character that he automatically trusts implicitly with his family and his own safety (letting her come at him with scissors).

I also hate that Rick behaving in an inappropriate way with a married woman, a woman he barely knows, a way that comes across as more than a little predatory and unbalanced to me, is being sold as a "connection." Many, many women have these "connections" with men - it's called feeling unsafe and being treated as property.

It's cheap and it's lazy and the message is scary as hell.

Yep, she's the new Lori.

Look, we barley know Jesse. From what I have seen, she seems to be a kind a person. Rick has felt comfortable around her. I also think he's starting to fall in love with the idea of starting over all the way. Even if it is rash. But, in reality, I'm sure he's wanted this for his kids for a long time. The man has had a long time alone. Him seeking comfort in another woman isn't this huge issue for me. It's natural. I would like to get to know Jesse and see how this whole thing grows before I run all over it.

I don't know what is going through Rick's head. But, nobody does. It's a little scary seeing as his mindset seems to be a little off. But, just saying he's making his property is the leap of all leaps. We've seen like five minutes of them together.

• Love 8