Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Forget

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

This is your thread to discuss the 13th episode of season 5 - Forget. The gang is still in Alexandria hanging out, taking showers, sleeping comfortably, wearing clean clothes, eating good food, side-eyeing the others, kicking butt and taking names (wait, what?)

Please keep all discussions friendly, respectful, creative and intelligent. As always, please do not post any comic spoilers in this thread, unless you liberally spoiler tag it. Also, for the record, ASZ (for Alexandria Safe Zone) is no longer considered a spoiler and can be used as a shortform to refer to the Alexandria community.

This thread will open at 10:00 pm. Prior to that, please go to the Pre Air and Speculation thread to chat about the show until then. Be good and Happy posting.

Damn, why did they have to kill the horse?

Would someone please cut Darryl's hair.

Carol was freaking me out with her smiles before she threatened the kid.

The Alexandrians lavish praise, over the top friendliness, and optimism makes them seem more and more fake.

• Love 14

Carol has lost her freaking mind. She is bat shit crazy.

It is good that Daryl wants to try, but Rick cannot let his guard down. I am still hoping Rick gets to hit the blonde.

If Deanna is so smart, how come she cannot see that Sacha has PSTD.

• Love 7

Okay, every minute they spend in the community with this question unanswered just bugs me. 

Do they know everyone is infected? Do they or do they not have a protocol for when (not if, but when) someone has a heart attack or a brain aneurysm in the middle of the night? 

That occurrence is looming.

• Love 17
(edited)

This was a very apt title for me. Everything with Rick and Jessie feels very contrived, and as always with major pairings TWD pushes as what we're supposed to root for - they have anti-chemistry. (the only canon pairing on this show I've ever really supported that lasted for more than a handful of episodes has been Maggie/Glenn)

Jessie magically appearing for Rick's hair and family and lips is just so cheesy and so rushed. She feels like a big step backwards, and she has little purpose of her own.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 15

Carol cannot even be bothered with kids anymore, well I gues after Lizzie she's just had it with short people.

Also, well, I don't have children, but was that kid for real, "I tell everything to my mom"? really?

• Love 12

Two things really disturbed me this episode. First of all, Carol threatening to kill the kid was just not right. I've just demoted her from Badass in my mind.  I also hated how naive Deanna was. Seriously, I thought she was smart. Now I think she's a dumbass.

Killing Buttons and that damn song at the end, that wasn't disturbing. That was downright mean.

I think most of the people from Alexandria are going to be dead. They are completely unprepared to handle life as it really is. In reality, every camp can't be cannibals or the Governor, but these guys are taking it to the other extreme How can people be that damn sheltered? 

They are the luckiest people in the world.

• Love 8

Carol - damn, I know Melissa McBride said that Carol would go even further down the trail of ruthlessness (something to that effect) but damn, could she have just tricked the kid that she was back to make cookies?

• Love 9

Well, Carol is definitely looking out for the group. Geez, she was crazy intense. I actually cannot believe she didn't kill the kid. I didn't want her to, but I so thought they were going to go there since the episode was so tame.

Rick is going Shane unhinged. Him chasing after Jesse and him by the fence, Shane has to be rolling in his grave. He's doing the same damn things!

• Love 8
(edited)

Didn't they establish earlier in the series that the walkers don't attack animals, just humans?  Or am I remembering that from other zombie movies only?  At one point, I thought there was a dog that could walk freely around the walkers with no trouble.

Edited by Sunsetlament
  • Love 1

I was so sad when Michonne hung up her sword. I kept flashing back to Woodbury and how difficult it had been for her to relinquish it, and now? Carol, OTOH, is the scariest person in Alexandria! Sam's going to have nightmares! Or cookies. Or both.

Did Daryl never eat in public pre-ZA? Sheesh! Anyway, I smell threesome!

Poor Sasha. I wish we'd seen more of Maggie as well. I think it might be harder for those who have more recently lost loved ones to acclimate to a setting that the deceased had come so close to sharing.

• Love 14

Didn't one of the cars at Terminus have an "A" on it?   As did FPP's chucch?

LOL, Carol.   That greedy little whinebag kid who wanted all the fucking cookies deserved that. 

Aaron's just waiting to be able to tell nerdy Eric "It's not you, it's me".   I knew he thinks these are some hinky fuckers. 

• Love 13

Didn't they establish earlier in the series that the walkers don't attack animals, just humans?  Or am I remembering that from other zombie movies only?  At one point, I thought there was a dog that could walk freely around the walkers with no trouble.

The Walkers ate Rick's horse in s1

• Love 14

This episode was interesting. It seems like quite a few of them are suffering from some sort of PSTD. Or Stockholm Syndrome. Rick at the wall, almost happy to hear the walker sounds. And Sasha wanting nothing more than to kill walkers. Like she can't function if that's not her daily life. Some are definitely adjusting better than others. 

And Rick has gone totally feral. He is an animal and he will take what he wants. The town. Jessie. No matter. 

I'm very disturbed by Carol in the gunroom with that little boy. Carol has proven that she can be ruthless when protecting those she loves. But we've never seen her do anything that malicious to a purely innocent person. It felt a bit out of character. 

I do think it was wise for them to stockpile extra guns, given we've seen that the Unfair Wolves have made it this far, but that whole thing was sloppy. Couldn't they have included one more person to post watch? Damn. 

Up until that moment Carol had been perfect, though. I loved her walking around with a constant smile and making mundane chit chat with all the housewives. 

I really enjoyed the scenes with Daryl and Aaron. I appreciate that Aaron is really making an attempt to reach out to him and make him feel useful. The horse, though! Gah! I loved when Daryl said - "The longer they're out there, the more they become what they really are". So applicable to a lot of our group. 

Judith and the return of the SOLO cup! Melts my heart.

• Love 12

Damn Carol. You are one scary as hell woman. She might be even scarier now in her pastels. 

Loved seeing Daryl try to fit in more, and bonding with the recruiter guy and his boyfriend. Now if they could just point him in the direction of a shower...

I almost didn't recognize our gang all cleaned up. I just kept thinking of that episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine when all the cops were trying to blend at their bosses fancy cocktail party. "Don't move as a group! You’re not gazelles!”

Zombies are tough. Small talk is harder.

I got emotional when Michonne put her katana up. I`m not a huge shipper, but come on Rick. This lady is nice, but she`s no Michonne. 

• Love 14

No, in one of the first episodes Rick found a horse only to have it be eaten by a herd in Atlanta. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow, I think some of our group have some real issues.   I get Sasha's reaction at the cocktail party, it had to been surreal standing around making meaningless small talk with strangers but taking those family photos outside and shooting them up?  Not sure where the catharsis in that is.  And Carol, dear sweet motherly Carol...way to go all creepy psycho on that poor little kid.  He just wanted some cookies!  For a second I thought she was going to kill him right there, I think she was considering it, I really do.

Happy to see Daryl making a friend.  Although I wonder if Aaron is trying to create some distance between Rick and Daryl with his comment about Rick not always being able to tell good guys from bad guys.    

Nice to see some of the other characters have a few lines.  I liked the exchange between Michonne and Abraham and Maggie and Glenn reaching out to Noah.  

Edited by Dodginblue
  • Love 11

What the fuck was up with Rick at the end? He looked like he wanted to blow that husbands head off.

Man, I don't think our group will ever be "okay". I don't think they will be okay in any sort of "happy" setting. They may damaged with no help of fixing.

I though Abraham was going to drunkenly hit on Michionne which also made me realize that we and the group are in a totally different show right now. Worrying about drunken cheating is not what worry about on this show.

I hate that I'm just a doubtful as the group. People complain about the Walking Dead reusing plotlines but it works so well. After seeing the group be like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football, you can't help but wait for the ball to be moved right now.

Carol was seriously chilling. It's interesting seeing her give no fucks attitude in a setting like this.

I can already feel my eyes hurting from the eye rolling I'm going to do from people whining about the damn horse. Sorry, but I don't care. It's a damn horse. Human beings get ripped apart on this show all the time. The fact that people are so cool with that but will quit a show because of animal death is the dumbest thing to me (sorry animal lovers).

• Love 23

When Rick fucks the blonde chick IM GOING TO HAVE A RAGE STROKE. NO! Please no more love triangles. Stab her in the face now.

Hopefully she will soon enough realize Rick is crazy.

• Love 2

When Rick fucks the blonde chick IM GOING TO HAVE A RAGE STROKE. NO! Please no more love triangles. Stab her in the face now.

Honest to gods. I have been with Rick from minute one of the show. I have never wavered in my support of Rick even when he did some shitty things. But if he screws her and it's even close to being an emotional connection beyond wanting to get laid, or if he sexually assaults her.....I will rage quit. 

• Love 8

And Daron is now a thing.  Who knew Daryl would be tamed so easily - he had tears in his eyes when Aaron gave him a job!  Aaron the Daryl Whisperer.  Major props.

At this point Daryl/Aaron/Eric as a triad, with Carol popping in sometimes and threatening to kill Eric and Aaron if they don't treat him right, would be more believable than some of these pairings...

• Love 17
(edited)

oh god, my streaming went down for a bit, there was a kiss already?? Figures the reason to get the characters washed and shaved was to bring the hanky panky back to the screen without making it look gross.

eta: I'm all for Daryl expanding his horizons and making new friends.

And he didn't even need a haircut.

Edited by minamurray78
  • Love 2
(edited)

These walls look so damn weak.

All those Alexandrians can go. Not a single one of them have what it takes to survive and Deanna is marginally interesting - and condescending as hell to Sasha and everybody else, so, back up, bitch, now.

Die, Jesse, die. What a fucking contrived plot. Rick was married to Lori and say whatever you want about the woman but she had personality, Jess is blander than cottoage cheese on white bread. I don't buy it for a second.

Richonne forever.

Carol and the kid was hard to watch, but I get it: she knows this shit is not real.

That end was creepy. Really.

Edited by Raachel2008
  • Love 13

Rick is crazy. Carol is crazy. Sasha is crazy.

I don't like Rick and the blonde. It seemed so perfect with Michonne.

I'm not sure what to make of Alexandria. I don't think it's a pretense. I don't think that they are villains. They seem to have all of the answers but it's just too good to be true. Deanna is too caught up in trying to create Utopia. She is missing out on some of the hard facts of this world.

Where do those supplies keep coming from? Beer, plastic cups, wine, spaghetti...wouldn't all of that have run out by now.

• Love 10

Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing at the end?

I thought for sure Abraham was about to make a pass at Michonne, and I'm glad he didn't.  I found him more likable in that scene than he's ever been before, but if he'd hit on her that would have blown it.  I'm not a shipper, but I would like Michonne to get some one of these days -- not with Abraham, though.

• Love 9