Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Brandon Barash got engaged! One of the best proposals I ever saw. Love how so many costars are showing how excited they are

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXb0ZL0gLFK/?utm_medium=copy_link

One of the responses being from...Kirsten Storms, his ex, and Harper's mom. At least it seems like they remained friendly then! (Which is great for their kid.)

ETA: Besides Kirsten Storms and his Days co-stars, also saw many from his former GH co-stars (and others, like Daisy Fuentes, a.k.a. Mrs. Richard Marx!).

Brandon must be really well liked. Good for him and Harper (loved that he included her in this!)!

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

One of the responses being from...Kirsten Storms, his ex, and Harper's mom. At least it seems like they remained friendly then! (Which is great for their kid.)

That's maybe the one thing I knew about him before he joined DOOL--that he and his ex appear to have a kick butt post-relationship co-parenting relationship.

I was laughing at how she said she was happier for his fiancee because she likes her more, lol.  And it was really cute how excited their daughter was. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

ETA: Besides Kirsten Storms and his Days co-stars, also saw many from his former GH co-stars (and others, like Daisy Fuentes, a.k.a. Mrs. Richard Marx!).

Brandon must be really well liked. Good for him and Harper (loved that he included her in this!)!

Yeah I always respected how despite their marriage not working out that they are able to put their kid first which sadly doesn't always seem to be the case. I am surprised Brandon would get remarried tbh it seems like he's always in a relationship I could've sworn he was seeing someone else a few months ago. I could be wrong. 

I always find it trippy that Daisy Fuentes is married to Richard Marx. Everytime I think of him other than his music I think of his Luther Vandross story of how Luther got mad at him for touching his velvet walls...(his place had walls covered in velvet)

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I am surprised Brandon would get remarried tbh it seems like he's always in a relationship I could've sworn he was seeing someone else a few months ago. I could be wrong. 

During the proposal, he mentioned the day they met--July 1, 2019.  It looks like there are pictures of her with a lighter hair color.  Maybe that's what you saw.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I always find it trippy that Daisy Fuentes is married to Richard Marx. Everytime I think of him other than his music I think of his Luther Vandross story of how Luther got mad at him for touching his velvet walls...(his place had walls covered in velvet)

That's funny.

For the longest time, I had no idea Richard Marx had remarried. I thought he was still married to Cynthia Rhodes, a.k.a. Penny from Dirty Dancing. I know they were together for decades, so when news of Richard Marx marrying Daisy Fuentes happened, I was surprised.

To connect this to the show, I wonder how many of the other actors know the bigger celebs, etc.?

• Love 4
21 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

That's funny.

For the longest time, I had no idea Richard Marx had remarried. I thought he was still married to Cynthia Rhodes, a.k.a. Penny from Dirty Dancing. I know they were together for decades, so when news of Richard Marx marrying Daisy Fuentes happened, I was surprised.

To connect this to the show, I wonder how many of the other actors know the bigger celebs, etc.?

I think most of them do especially the older ones like John Aniston, Deidre Hall etc. since John is Jennifer's dad so he would know all her friends(pardon the pun).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think most of them do especially the older ones like John Aniston, Deidre Hall etc. since John is Jennifer's dad so he would know all her friends(pardon the pun).

And as far as the show Friends go, Alison Sweeney, Kristian Alfonso, Matthew Ashford, and Roark Critchlow all did cameos on the show and there were probably others that I didn't catch/forgot.  Joey did play Dr Drake Ramore after all.

And since Dirty Dancing was just mentioned, John Aniston did a cameo on Gilmore Girls and was in a scene with Kelly Bishop.

Edited by Katy M
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I keep hoping Jennifer Aniston will join the show as a Personal Assistant/Nurse-like character who develops an unhealthy attachment to Victor, his power and wealth, and begins plotting against the rest of his family.  But no one listens to me.   

I believe Jennifer offered to make a cameo and was willing to do it for free. However Ken declined I'm not sure why I think he didn't want to pay her etc. I don't know how accurate this story is I mean this makes Ken look really stupid but I digress.

17 hours ago, Katy M said:

And as far as the show Friends go, Alison Sweeney, Kristian Alfonso, Matthew Ashford, and Roark Critchlow all did cameos on the show and there were probably others that I didn't catch/forgot.  Joey did play Dr Drake Ramore after all.

And since Dirty Dancing was just mentioned, John Aniston did a cameo on Gilmore Girls and was in a scene with Kelly Bishop.

Kevin Spiritas, Arianne Zuker, and Kyle Lowder as well. I remember that episode of GG its one of my favorites of the series.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 12/17/2021 at 12:40 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I believe Jennifer offered to make a cameo and was willing to do it for free. However Ken declined I'm not sure why I think he didn't want to pay her etc. I don't know how accurate this story is I mean this makes Ken look really stupid but I digress.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:24 PM, Katy M said:

It is true, she has spoken about wanting to share scenes with her dad on Days but Ken Corday declined her offer.  Jennifer could have played a long lost daughter of Victor out for revenge..  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Omicron is going to mess with production. I can just see it. Wonder how far ahead they've taped.

I feel like they're back to like at least 6 months ahead.

But I don't know if this will even stop production. The US seems determined to just pretend the pandemic is over lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

But I don't know if this will even stop production. The US seems determined to just pretend the pandemic is over lol.

An on set outbreak will stop production but probably for 2 weeks or so at most.  Then they'll resume until the next outbreak.   I just think that's how it's going to go.

• Love 2

I don't quite understand what happened to the 2-week quarantine, but it seems that if a Broadway show has a cast/crew member test positive, they cancel the show for the night and go on again the next day. I am sure that more of them will be going dark, because New York. So, maybe they don't have to take a longer quarantine.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I don't quite understand what happened to the 2-week quarantine, but it seems that if a Broadway show has a cast/crew member test positive, they cancel the show for the night and go on again the next day.

The guidelines about quarantine were for unvaccinated individuals.

Vaccinated individuals don't have to quarantine after a known exposure.  Or at least, they didn't.  Because even though breakthroughs were possible, the vaccine held up pretty well against original COVID and Delta.  Cases tended to be isolated.

Omnicron is different.  Vaccines still work against severe disease but there's more of a chance to catch it.  And since that's the case, shows, like Broadway, are experiencing more outbreaks instead of isolated cases.

That's why I think DOOL, if they got a swatch of positive tests, likely would shut down for a few weeks to "clear" the outbreak but I don't see us going into months long shutdowns unless there are larger state lock downs again to manage health care capacity. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

It is true, she has spoken about wanting to share scenes with her dad on Days but Ken Corday declined her offer.  Jennifer could have played a long lost daughter of Victor out for revenge..  

Yeah I might've read it here. Regardless not sure why he would be so stupid to decline such a thing. Considering how Friends made Days a focal point in a lot of their episodes.

The funny thing is the creators of Friends were diehard All My Children fans(and there are a lot of references on the show to it) and wanted Joey to work on that show but since Friends was on NBC the network asked for it to be Days instead. Which was smart considering Another World, Sunset Beach and Passions are all defunct.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sad but seemingly true. 

Honestly, I was really surprised to see the kids come back on set seeing as how those scenes would have been filmed before the 5-11 vaccine came out, and that would have probably only covered the little actress playing Rachel since Henry and Carver are younger than 5.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm watching Andy&Anderson's New Years Eve show on CNN, and they are talking to Regina King & Jackee!  They have all had lots to drink so its a crazy conversation, and Andy says he loves Jackee's portrayal of Paulina Price :)

• Love 5

Lisa Rinna posted a nude picture of herself on Instagram to celebrate New Year and some people were telling her, "Just because you have it doesn't mean you have to show it."

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I'm not on Twitter or Instagram, so this is all hearsay from posts I've read while lurking on the DR site.

So it appears I'm the only Cin fan to not know (or care) that VK and RSW may have been having a real life off and on fling.  Other Cin fans, however, keep a close eye on things, and noted that VK stopped following RSW on Instagram some time over the Christmas holidays.  This, apparently, coincided with RSW posting pics of him and his new girl friend.  I think RSW has stopped following VK, as well, but that wasn't as clear.

So now the question is, how will this affect the show.  Will Cin carry on as happily as before.  Or will VK decide she's leaving the show for good?  

With the show taping months in advance, the Cin baby must be due soon.  So things could get interesting.

Sometimes behind the scenes is more soap opera like, than the show. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, buffynut said:

I'm not on Twitter or Instagram, so this is all hearsay from posts I've read while lurking on the DR site.

So it appears I'm the only Cin fan to not know (or care) that VK and RSW may have been having a real life off and on fling.  Other Cin fans, however, keep a close eye on things, and noted that VK stopped following RSW on Instagram some time over the Christmas holidays.  This, apparently, coincided with RSW posting pics of him and his new girl friend.  I think RSW has stopped following VK, as well, but that wasn't as clear.

So now the question is, how will this affect the show.  Will Cin carry on as happily as before.  Or will VK decide she's leaving the show for good?  

With the show taping months in advance, the Cin baby must be due soon.  So things could get interesting.

Sometimes behind the scenes is more soap opera like, than the show. 

If they broke up, does this mean Deirdre is finally getting her shot at the boy with 36 abs??

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I would have been surprised if VK and RSW hadn't been dating tbh. lol at them unfollowing each other. I want more gossip!

Same. Once or twice I suspected there was more going on  behind the scenes but I only read here so wasn’t sure if I was just imagining it. 

• Love 5

This CIN gossip is definitely juicier than ANYTHING when they are on screen.  Please let them have a messy, immature real-life break up and demand to Ron that CIN be written apart so they don't have to work together anymore. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

This CIN gossip is definitely juicier than ANYTHING when they are on screen.  Please let them have a messy, immature real-life break up and demand to Ron that CIN be written apart so they don't have to work together anymore. 

The Devil made them do it? 

Literally!

• LOL 12
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

He's still following her.

If they did get together and break up, hopefully it doesn't ruin the story. 

It usually will. See also (back in the day) Tyler Christopher and Natalia Livingston. Nik/Emily imploded upon TC/NL breaking up (and, as a Zander/Emily fan. I can't say it upset me. LOL!).

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Cry not for Jason Brooks (ex-Peter DiMera). Looks like he's still getting work:

Every time that I used to see Jason Brooks over the years on different shows, I always remember Missy Reeves' husband catching them in the act in her dressing room.. Her husband was pretty calm, all things considering..  Not too many men would have taken Missy back after that type of humiliation..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

Every time that I used to see Jason Brooks over they years on different shows, I always remember Missy Reeves' husband catching them in the act in her dressing room.. Her husband was pretty calm, all things considering..  Not too many men would have taken Missy back after that type of humiliation..

The whole saga with that was soapier than what was on the air.

• Love 10