Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

The whole saga with that was soapier than what was on the air.

The backstage shenanigans were often so much better.. I remember back when Jennifer and Peter were hot and heavy, people were speculating on soap opera digest that the actors were involved because of their hot chemistry.  This is before the advent of social media and boards like this one..

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 1/12/2022 at 3:00 PM, DanaMB said:

Same. Once or twice I suspected there was more going on  behind the scenes but I only read here so wasn’t sure if I was just imagining it. 

Agreed.  The way they hung on each other looked very, very comfortable ... more comfortable than either of them seemed good enough actors to be acting comfortable, if that makes sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The backstage shenanigans were often so much better.. I remember back when Jennifer and Peter were hot and heavy, people were speculating on soap opera digest that the actors were involved because of their hot chemistry.  This is before the advent of social media and boards like this one..

Do you know if any of those scenes are available anywhere? Just curious 😁

• LOL 4
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The whole saga with that was soapier than what was on the air.

Dirty Soap was a real life show about the lives and loves of soap actors, and it was as soapy as any soap.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Was it scripted...or like a TMZ type thing?

Supposedly, it was a camera crew following Kelly Monaco (GH) and Kirsten Storms (GH), Farah Fath and Jean-Paul Lavoisier (OLTL) and Galen Gering, Nadia Bjorlin and Brandon Beemer (DOOL) through their days at work and their personal lives. Fath and Lavoisier were partners in "real life" (haha), as were Bjorlin and Beemer at the time.  Gering's wife was around a lot, too, as was Bjorlin's mother who IMO stole the show.

Billed as reality tv, I think it was also scripted and edited as most of them are.

It was fun, though, especially Bjorlin's mother who hated Beemer and Jean-Paul's mother who obviously carried her son's nether bits in her purse.  

Gering appeared just as stupid in real life as he does onscreen, with even less sex appeal IMO.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Ahhh...so that's where people got the sense that certain relationships were, ahem, for the benefit of the cameras.

If they're already on soaps I don't know why they'd want their private lives to also be soaps...

How many episodes did it last?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ahhh...so that's where people got the sense that certain relationships were, ahem, for the benefit of the cameras.

If they're already on soaps I don't know why they'd want their private lives to also be soaps...

How many episodes did it last?

It only lasted one short season which ended up being only 8 episodes total, I think.

• Love 1
On 1/12/2022 at 4:13 PM, boes said:

The Devil made them do it? 

Literally!

is there anywhere/way to stream it? Would love to see this!

Just now, Chellfairy said:

is there anywhere/way to stream it? Would love to see this!

Oops!! Me and my posting intelligence.

I meant streamning Dirty Soaps show

• Love 1

I don't think its surprising that RSW and VK were involved BTS their chemistry was way too realistic if that makes sense.

That being said these actors never learn rarely does it work out in RL(Doug/Julie and Lawrence/Carly are the rare exceptions)

• Love 6

Aw, they’re still together? That’s nice. There’s a couple that had zero onscreen chemistry as Frankie and Billie regardless of offscreen attraction. I thought that was a shame since Frankie ended up as Jennifer’s also-ran and Billie ended up as Bo’s also-ran. Those characters getting a slightly happier ending would have worked for me. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Aw, they’re still together? That’s nice. There’s a couple that had zero onscreen chemistry as Frankie and Billie regardless of offscreen attraction. I thought that was a shame since Frankie ended up as Jennifer’s also-ran and Billie ended up as Bo’s also-ran. Those characters getting a slightly happier ending would have worked for me. 

They met on GH/PC which is funny and their characters never interacted. 

Its weird sometimes RL couples have great on screen chemistry and other times nothing.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ari Z and Mr Dan the Tan man were dullsville on the show, but got together in real life.

Chemistry is weird.

I thought Daniel/Nicole had better chemistry when they weren't together in RL. (never bought a connection between them either)

Casey Moss and True O'Brien didn't really work for me onscreen as a couple as JJ/Paige (although I believed the characters have a connection their onscreen romance was meh) 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Paige was a perpetually annoyed kid, with both JJ and her Mom (and then later, JJ with her Mom hey-ooo!)

...JJ has really been unlucky in love now that I think about it.

Yes she was but I believed that JJ/Paige cared about each other I just never saw this as a great love if that makes sense. Like I could buy a friendship between them when all is said and done yet with Daniel/Nicole I never saw any bond onscreen that was plausible even friendship. 

I also preferred JJ/Eve yes it was scandalous but they were both better characters back then and in retrospect one of their better relationships. I just wish it was developed a lot better. Both characters became worse afterwards. 

JJ works best as a lone wolf tbh I never saw him as someone who should have a long term relationship. He works best with an edge and driving story yet the show insisted on neutering him entirely.

• Love 6

I moved the discussion about a cast member's BTS pic.  The pic itself was fine as it wasn't a casting spoiler.

But the discussion around it was.

Please remember,  this isn't a spoiler thread.  We have a spoiler thread and an arrivals/departures casting thread. The latter is where you'll find the previous discussion. 

• Love 1

I haven't really watched Days in over a year or more due to in part to being so annoyed and bored by Cin. I keep up with the show and it's goings on by reading here/elsewhere. When I started seeing spoilers about the "Renee" stuff that's airing now it made me kind of mad because of how vocal Philece Sampler had been while she was still alive about how she'd love to be on the show again. That obviously will never happen now. 

• Love 3

It could be the start of a new trend.....re-visiting Stefano's dozen (mostly dead) children.  We do know that Benji Hawk DiMera had a baby son.  Move that now-young adult into the Mansion.  And maybe check out that distant wing of the building where no one ever goes.  We could find Megan Hathaway, rocking in a chair, Rolf's first "patient" brought back to life.  We know Cheryl Anne Wilson was practically begging to be cast a few years ago.....

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

So this dumb story is Jamey Giddens fault?  If TIIC are going to take pitches from outside the writing room, why not pick from this board?  There are a number of posters here who could do 1,000 times better for Days.

I hate to tell you, but Jamey Giddens is on the writing staff, which explains a lot. I remember him gushing about his new job and his fans congratulating him.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I hate to tell you, but Jamey Giddens is on the writing staff, which explains a lot. I remember him gushing about his new job and his fans congratulating him.

Oh gosh I didn't know that!  I thought he was just some soap twitter person that other soap twitter people followed for some reason.  Yes, sadly that does explain a lot.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Oh gosh I didn't know that!  I thought he was just some soap twitter person that other soap twitter people followed for some reason.  Yes, sadly that does explain a lot.

Originally, he was just that, and ran some sort of soap news/gossip site. How he ended up on the writing staff of Days is one of the world's greatest and saddest mysteries.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

Originally, he was just that, and ran some sort of soap news/gossip site. How he ended up on the writing staff of Days is one of the world's greatest and saddest mysteries.

I think he was a founding member of Daytime Confidential.  I know that's the site he was associated with for years.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I think he was a founding member of Daytime Confidential.  I know that's the site he was associated with for years.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking of! I blanked on the site name.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 1/30/2022 at 12:35 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't think its surprising that RSW and VK were involved BTS their chemistry was way too realistic if that makes sense.

That being said these actors never learn rarely does it work out in RL(Doug/Julie and Lawrence/Carly are the rare exceptions)

I spilled that tea they had an affair like 2 years ago on here. LOL if I recall a poster replied that i was making it up & kinda snarked on me like that was my wishful thinking. 

so thy finally confirmed? FWIW i was told that by someone on social media like maybe the girl saw them hooking up or at a hotel she was basically like yeah they be fucking but his has a gf and his trying to ice her out or quietly get her to move on

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

We are in a rumor thread though... 🥴

Right.  But you said "so they finally confirmed?" and I took that to mean someone came out publicly with it which isn't the case.

Edited by Irlandesa

okay Beloved. I had only read the last page of this thread so assumed by the posts on it that was the case.  

i haven't posted on this site for over a year and only just started catching up so appreciate any grace in the meantime.

On another note, On another site old heads talk how there isnt any good tea spilled or scoops & its because of the rise of stans shouting down anyone or automatic naysayers demanding reciepts. I dont live in VK vajajay so or have an apple airtag on Roberts junk so i would have no evidence to prove the gossip, nor would i care to do so since i dont stan either. But the site and that said that tea is almost never misses

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh don't get me wrong.  Just because I wanted to clarify they still live in the "gossip/rumor" realm doesn't mean I don't find myself believing them because I do.

I don't normally with BTS gossip but this just feels plausible.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

This was posted by Vincent Irizarry's girlfriend:

I need to share some sad news about sweet Vincent and ask for prayers. 🙏🏻
Back in December, Vincent was walking out a restaurant/bar and witnessed a man being volatile to his wife in the parking lot. He went right over to intervene and calm the man down and instead was then violently hit to the ground himself, suffering multiple bruises and a serious head gash and concussion resulting in fluid to his brain.
The man then proceeded to beat his wife unconscious. Vincent was rushed to the ER and had to be treated for his head wound, injuries and tests run. Unfortunately, that fluid has increased substantially over the last 3 months requiring emergency head surgery this Friday morning.
To all his fans,friends,followers and prayer warriors out there, please please please send Vincent positive vibes and please keep him in your prayers at this time. Say a special one for his surgeon and a 💯 successful procedure and speedy recovery."

1 hour ago, rcc said:

I hope that bastard was caught and thrown in jail. Vincent is a great actor and person. Hope he gets better soon.

Well said.  All this happened because he tried to do the right thing....... the world we live in can be so disheartening sometimes.

• Love 15