Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Sucks to be JB, then. He should have thought of that when he deprived his children of education and opportunities.

Also his wealth? Much of it consists of money his children earned.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 3

I am quite sure the office chair is still around. Disabled Michelle can be pushed around in it by one of the JSlaves. If she is bumped into doorways, walls (down the stairs) oh darn hate when that happens.

And she'll still be wearing her jean skirt with the puffy sleeve green shirt, black hose, crocs and crunchy but now gray hair. Eeew that's a bad visual......
  • Love 2

Some cultures have always had multi-generational households and think of it as rich and beneficial. I'm not saying that I would do it or want to, but not everyone loves and admires singular, nuclear family units, and I doubt all of the Duggar children will.

• Love 4

People on this board joke about JB and J'chelle being forced to parent their kids once the older girls are married, but I don't think that's going to happen. I think those little ones will be on their own.

Completely agree.  I think the littlest kids will be totally on their own in the TTH.  Or maybe, predictably, living with any one of the older married girls.  JB and MeChelle will definitely be traveling and doling out more of the blather.

I watched this show for years wanting to see the kids, some of them, branch out a bit.  Not a lot, just a little.  It would tickle me to see their growth as people.  I know this hope is likely never to be fulfilled, but I really hope that Jana accepts no suitor from JB.  Even a little agreement means the whole enchilada, and I hope she runs off with somebody from the camera crew or somebody from DC.  I know I'm bound for disappointment.

I wonder since the older girls "wrote" their book, are they getting anything out of it. They were all over 18 when that book went to press.

I hope that they did get something out of it and whatever money it earned didn't go to the Duggar Family Trust. Jessa does self identify as author on either her facebook or instragram.

Is there a specific age when a Duggar girl is deemed old enough to be a buddy to a younger child...or does it vary? What has been the average age so far? Also, is there a specific age when a child no longer has an older buddy?

Well, all of the older girls had to become buddies by the time they were 5 or 6. I think Jana has been the one who's done it the longest and with the most kids (4 buddies total..Josiah, Justin, Jackson and Josie)..Jessa and Jinger had each of the twins when there were 6 and 5, Jill was Joy's buddy when she turned 6. The youngest 5 never had to be buddies,unless Jackson sort of acted as a buddy to Josie, but I highly doubt it. Hannie, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie will never have to have buddies to take care of and will have an easier time in years to come...hopefully most of their older brothers will be out of the house by the time these four enter their middle teens and they won't have to cook and do laundry for 20 people. 

Michelle said in her first book by the time her kids were too old for a buddy, they were then buddies to whoever was next in line. It was always the oldest 4 girls though, who forever had a buddy. When I watched the China special recently, Jessa had Jordyn by the hand the entire time, as did Jill with Jenny and Jana with Josie. I don't remember seeing Jinger constantly holding Hannie's hand though, maybe since she was already about 7-8 then?

However, it's often (but not always) kids who haven't been raised in a healthy home who can't leave. The idea that all of these kids will be able to form healthy attachments and independent lives away from their parents is slim to none. And I'm not even talking about a child like Josie, who may have real and genuine issues. I'm talking about a few children who appear perfectly capable, but simply don't have the emotional capacity to handle it.

Between that and JB's money, he and Michelle will never be alone.

Personally I'm hoping that with more of their siblings getting married and leaving, it will begin to dawn on the others that there is indeed Life Out There Beyond Momma and Daddy.  I'm hoping the word will spread quickly.  However, with their numbers alone, as GEML said, it may be that one or more never leave home - for whatever reason. As much as I hope they'll all get the word, I guess it is unlikely some won't.  So JB and MeChelle may have some kids in the house permanently.

I have a feeling that, in twenty or thirty years, Jim Bob will gift the house to one of the little kids and let them live their in exchange for caring for JB and Michelle. Or, he will open some sort of family style retreat, complete with zip lines, prepared food, and red neck waterslides.

Why does MIchelle call her kids "the children"  ALL THE TIME?  Who does that?  I have never heard her say "the kids" even when she refers to the little ones or big ones. The only time I say "children" (usually) is when they are in trouble. Or something like "where are the children?"

• Love 1

We are all in our 40's but our parents still call us "the girls". There was a movement in the 1970's and early 80's in many churches to get away from calling children kids because it was breaking down the formality that should exist between parent and child. I can still hear some adults saying, "Kids are for goats" in the same voice you might hear, "Hey is for horses."

Personally I'm hoping that with more of their siblings getting married and leaving, it will begin to dawn on the others that there is indeed Life Out There Beyond Momma and Daddy. I'm hoping the word will spread quickly. However, with their numbers alone, as GEML said, it may be that one or more never leave home - for whatever reason. As much as I hope they'll all get the word, I guess it is unlikely some won't. So JB and MeChelle may have some kids in the house permanently.

Josie will probably never live independently. Not sure who will be caring for her.

• Love 3

Of course they swim in their crazy modesty swimsuits and jeans. What's the point of being modest if you can't call attention to yourself all the time about it?

^^^WON THE INTERWEBS TODAY^^^

Josie will probably never live independently. Not sure who will be caring for her.

Because she is the baby or because she truly won't have the physical/mental capability? I tend to think it will be the former.

• Love 1

You all better not be making fun of my duck tape dress that I have been working on for weeks now! It's sooooo pretty and blingy. Can't wait to show it off!

Who else thinks MEchelle will wear it for the Binessa wedding?

I'm still working on my dress. Had to take time away from it to start preparing my Tater tot casserole & homemade pickles.

I think she just might wear the dress to Jessa's wedding. Hopefully she will have it cleaned. Can't wait to see if they show what blingy shoes she wore.

Had to comment one more time about that awful shiny silver gown Michele chose....If she is anything, she is a DDD cup at least. The seams and folds in the "bra area" of that dress dart her out and give her "points" on her breasts. Something Madonna did in the 80s, wasn't it? Remember the torpedo "bra" she wore on stage? Oh, that gown was awful, uncomfortable looking to wear especially in the summer. I bet she was sweating all day.

I thought of Madonna too after seeing the dress. I like how you said on a previous post it reminded you of a silver Christmas tree - too funny. My husband's grandparents had one back in the day & they thought it was really something.
  • Love 2

Here's the thing though, even if Ma and Pa Selfish actually took back over child rearing, Jana would still not be allowed to live her life.   She wouldn't be hanging out with her friends or going on dates.   They don't allow it.   All she has to look forward to is Daddy picking out some schmuck he can control for her to marry then having said schmuck's babies.   

The Duggars need to let their kids out into the world alone.    If you have done a good job raising them in righteousnous they will be fine.   Or is their faith so weak that just seeing a Harry Potter display will turn them int Satanists?

• Love 1

If you google search did Michelle Duggar give birth to a mixed racial baby in 1986. You will see she did. They are cancelling the show and replacing it with Coal Miner Daughter. Jimboob has asked the press give them privacy during this trying time. Who can now say how wonderful theses people are? They don't keep secrets, wonder what this is called?

If you google search did Michelle Duggar give birth to a mixed racial baby in 1986. You will see she did. They are cancelling the show and replacing it with Coal Miner Daughter. Jimboob has asked the press give them privacy during this trying time. Who can now say how wonderful theses people are? They don't keep secrets, wonder what this is called?

That is a hoax.

I just saw that Jim Boob owns a condo across the street from the beach in Destin, FL. Wonder if they visit and swim in the jeans and crazy modesty swimsuits.

LOL we go there for vacation occasionally. Should I be on the lookout for glimpses of modesty swimsuits and wet Ramen-noodle hair?

• Love 1

This is, obviously, wild speculation, but I wonder if JB or J'chelle (or perhaps Gothard) suffered sexual abuse as a child.

It would explain some of the weirdness. The sexualizing of young children (pulling Josie's jacket over her shoulders to maintain her "modesty"), the separation of opposite sex siblings, the side hugs even between parents and children, the strange combination of hyper-sexuality and fear of sexuality.

• Love 2

While I agree it's weird, it's also not entirely unheard of fundie behavior.  In JB and Michelle's case, I think it's just following what they're told.  As for Gothard's past, I have no idea.  I can't help but think that if he had been, though, he would've spoken about it quite a bit, at least if the perpetrator were male, as a talking point for "why gays are evil and are giving the country to Satan." 

This is, obviously, wild speculation, but I wonder if JB or J'chelle (or perhaps Gothard) suffered sexual abuse as a child.

It would explain some of the weirdness. The sexualizing of young children (pulling Josie's jacket over her shoulders to maintain her "modesty"), the separation of opposite sex siblings, the side hugs even between parents and children, the strange combination of hyper-sexuality and fear of sexuality.

From what I know [MA in Psychology] I'd say it's almost a given that Gothard did. The stuff he's dreamed up is just too weird - it had to come from somewhere. Also totally possible for Boob and Mechelle. Because it's possible for anyone. It certainly occurred much more often than we knew then. All these pedophiles and perverts than we're now hearing about are definitely NOT a new development - or exclusive to the 21st century.

Edited by NausetGirl
  • Love 3

Jim Boob and MeChelle are too cunning to leave their old age care to chance. I think one (or more) of the daughters is being groomed never to leave the TTH. The lucky winner will stay to take care of J & D as long as she's needed. My sister was given this role in our family. Interestingly, she eloped at 18, had two kids, but still ended up taking fulfilling her role years later. My parents had money too. 

I agree that JB and Michelle will never be alone - in fairness, they made sure his mother never was. But it could also be a daughter-in-law who takes on that role, in the same way Michelle does. (Insert caveat here that it's actually her daughters, but you know what I mean.)

Can you imagine if Michelle and Jim Bob never met? How different would their lives be today?

JR would be a carny. Michelle would work at a DQ, would be dating a 17 year old, and would be the mom of 3 kids from 3 different father's (who coincidentally enough all have mullets and dodge child support payments).
  • Love 3

I just got on radaronline and I had to get off as soon as I was on. They did a close up of jb and m kissing next to a pic of either jessa or jill kissing. I was so disgusted, I got off that fast I didn't see which one it was. Ugh! that close up of jb and m--- I NEED brain bleach!

I so have to make some brain bleach and start selling it because lately we sure have needed a lot of it!

NIKE what the heck at Boob and Mullett doing? Not enough famewhoring from their kids now this????

I am watching the old episode when the two go on a marriage retreat. It is interesting listening them...especially Michelle talk about their marriage problems, but what a jerk JB is. He totally condescends her all the time. "Michelle is ALMOST (my emphasis) a perfect wife". "You are calm...most of the time".

I am so sick and tired of those two having to kiss after almost every sentence, bowling strike, compliment, etc...I cringe when I see JB "begin to go in for one". How can those kids stomach it live and in person? I think he is an insecure man to have to solidify their relationship with continuous kisses. Doesn't he realize that it also makes it mean less when they are plentiful? It loses it's "special". IMO

So, "NIKE" is for only when you are unmarried? After that, you can whore and pimp yourself out on the internet and it's OK? I think that would be confusing to their little kids..heck, it is to me! They need to grow up already.

• Love 7

Earlier in the show, the Duggars talked about how they used the word "Nike" to tell the boys that a young woman who was showing a lot of skin was heading in their direction - say, approaching them on the sidewalk.  This was the signal that all boys were to look down as the woman walked by so they wouldn't be "defrauded" or sexually tempted by her lack of modesty.

There was a rather memorable moment when they were watching one of the shows were their parents were being interviewed and a young JoyAnna was trying to cover up the interviewer's cleavage and yelling, "Nike!" at the boys.

• Love 3

There was a rather memorable moment when they were watching one of the shows were their parents were being interviewed and a young JoyAnna was trying to cover up the interviewer's cleavage and yelling, "Nike!" at the boys.

I have no words.

• Love 4

I had a thought today, while I was cleaning the bathroom, ( I know, I really need another hobby). Regarding that Jessa and Ben steamy photo and JimChelle's copycat photo: They seem to think that there is nothing wrong with such a steamy photo being made public because they are now married. What if they were in the grocery store and the cover of a magazine caught their eyes and it was Mr. and Mrs. George Clooney, who now are married, posted the exact same type of photo of themselves, clothing choices exactly like Jessa and Ben? Would they shout 'NIKE" at the younger boys? I think so. Is it ok because it is one of them who posted such a thing and they are holy people and the Clooney's don't profess to be , so their intent would be sinful?

• Love 7

Okay, I am seriously LMAO and I hope this is the right thread for this but this really cracked me up  Hope it's okay to post this thread.  I post it because some of the pictures have of course been deleted. Some are there.  Remember MEchelle- sometimes, you can ask and it is given!  LOL 

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/anti_gay_duggar_family_asks_couples_to_post_kissing_photos_you_know_what_happens_next

or the link from the family blog

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/553971734736480/?type=1&fref=nf

• Love 4

I have no words.

It's like they have no self control at all

Okay, I am seriously LMAO and I hope this is the right thread for this but this really cracked me up Hope it's okay to post this thread. I post it because some of the pictures have of course been deleted. Some are there. Remember MEchelle- sometimes, you can ask and it is given! LOL

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/anti_gay_duggar_family_asks_couples_to_post_kissing_photos_you_know_what_happens_next

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/553971734736480/?type=1&fref=nf

I love this. We need more Gay marriage

• Love 1

Okay, I am seriously LMAO and I hope this is the right thread for this but this really cracked me up  Hope it's okay to post this thread.  I post it because some of the pictures have of course been deleted. Some are there.  Remember MEchelle- sometimes, you can ask and it is given!  LOL 

I love that the gay couples are obliging them!  I think they're having quite a time trying to delete those pictures.  New ones have been popping up.

• Love 1