Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Valediction

Well, they didn't tell us who Peggy's husband was, but it's not Thompson.  Who by the way needs to get punched.

So begins the Winter Soldier project.  I figured they had to have a big surprise left with the time left when Jarvis was talking to Peggy.

• Love 1

So I guess the tag relates back to Captain America: Winter Soldier.

They've got me entirely too convinced that Steve's blood has some kind of superpowers.  Instead of getting all maudlin with the bridge scene, I just kept thinking we were going to get some mutated fish that attacks New York.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 21

Really seems like the husband is Sousa, in which case big yawn from me. Way too obvious from the very beginning. How would I describe the guy in one word? "Nice." I wanted whomever Peggy ended up with to have just as much of a spark as her. She has so much more chemistry with Jarvis and Howard, her "platonic" best friend, which I think is quite telling.

It's a safe choice, for a woman who likes to be anything but.

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode. It wasn't my favorite of the season, but a solid one. As I said, she had great moments with Jarvis and Howard especially. I like that Dottie got away. If there is a season 2, I'm excited for that cat and mouse game to ensue.

Guess Sousa will be getting some sort of bionic leg from Howard? I suppose that's what the "I can help you with that" line meant.

On an unrelated note, I'm not an Agents of Shield watcher but the promo doesn't sell me on it. Maybe I'm just salty it's replacing our Peggy.

• Love 6

Peggy better damn well end up with Daniel. Any guy who has the foresight to wear earplugs against a guy who has super suggestive voice abilities is a somebody who is worthy of our girl (and I say girl with much respect), besides Cap of course.

they're' had better be a 2nd season of this show, it's got too much potential.

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 23

It was sad that Stark was chasing the one good thing he'd ever done (Captain America) and came to the realization that Steve was good before him.  Thompson being a jackass was necessary to show that Peggy had grown from trying to prove her worth to knowing her own worth and not needing others to recognize it.  It also explains how the DVD extra is possible.  Thompson and others like him taking credit when talking with superiors.

If we never have another season, I'll just assume that Jarvis and Peggy are taking it upon themselves to save the world.

• Love 6

I hate to say it, but I was disappointed in this ep--I wanted it to be better, after last week was SO good. Peggy was sidelined for way too much of this episode, and while I understand why they wanted this episode to end the way it did, it fell flat for me. Sticking Peggy's Steve issues in here was too much. And Howard took over way too much of the ep--there was a stretch where it felt like the show should be titled Howard Stark because everyone else was a guest star. That said, Hayley Atwell really slayed all the Steve-related scenes and the secondary actors were uniformly excellent.

Peggy and Angie are a waaaay better couple than Peggy and any of the dudes on the show! They just warm my heart. If the show gets a second season, they need to write far more Angie in. Peggy, Angie, and Jarvis are the key three...they all work so well together and just light up the screen.

Not a bad finale, per se, but last week was much better.

• Love 6

This show was one rollercoaster ride.  I loved it. Better than AOS anyday.

I was shouting "shoot him! shoot him!!" at Sousa. Damn you Sousa. You should have shot the crazy doctor.

Dottie is gone. Pretty sad that Peggy didn't get to take her in as well. 

I didn't get how this ties into Winter Soldier.  

I am thinking Angie becomes Mrs. Stark and Tony's mother?

Please!! I want season 2!

• Love 1

Peggy and Angie are a waaaay better couple than Peggy and any of the dudes on the show! They just warm my heart. If the show gets a second season, they need to write far more Angie in. Peggy, Angie, and Jarvis are the key three...they all work so well together and just light up the screen.

I'm still surprised that Angie turned out to be exactly who she said she was.

• Love 9

I loved the Peggy and Dottie fight and that Dottie said she thought she'd be better and then got knocked out a window.

The Peggy and Jarvis friendship is one my favorites.

It looks like Sousa is the husband or at least a guy that Peggy dates.

• Love 2

I didn't get how this ties into Winter Soldier.  

This is a very big spoiler that you shouldn't read if you ever plan to watch the movie.

The cell mate at the end is Arnim Zola. In CA: WS, he was behind Hydra infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D and experimented on Bucky turning him into the assassin Winter Soldier.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

I found it hilarious that Howard spent a weekend with Dottie and, literal gun to his head, could NOT remember her.

That last scene between Jarvis and Peggy really makes me hope that he gets a divorce or widowed someday. They have massive chemistry.

• Love 8

I think the writers left it ambiguous enough about who her future husband might be that depending on who you are cheering for a case could be made for each other them, Jarvis, Sousa, Howard, Angie. The only one out is Thompson(he was already out because he fought in the Pacific theater) and he can have a seat in asshat corner.

So happy they gave Sousa a hero's moment. He deserved it and really had been the only one boardering on being under used.

They wrapped up Captain America's portion of Peggy's life but they certainly left enough story open that if they are renewed there is plenty there. Dottie escaped, the Zoula and the hypnotist are together in jail. Peggy's career is going to get overshadowed by guys taking credit for her work.

My favorite scene was Howard in the plane and Peggy trying to talk him back, to see how he feels he failed his friend and Haley was amazing expressing her love for him, add in Jarvis being willing to shoot down his friend that saved his wife was very powerful by all the actors.

I love Howard and his lady killer attitude. I laughed out a loud a few times. Alice? Lorraine? Ida? His moments of levity were very much needed. I also loved that the show let him express his concern about how his weapons are used. Nice lead in to Tony's change of heart in Ironman.

The fight between Peggy and Dottie was just amazing. Great stunt work.

Loved the 1940's hanger location.

This series, from beginning to end was just fantastic. Peggy Carter is a heroine I will be proud to let my daughters watch in a few years when they are old enough. 

Hoping - desperately that ABC has some sense and renews this show but even if they do I'll never get enough of it.

• Love 15
It also explains how the DVD extra is possible.  Thompson and others like him taking credit when talking with superiors.

Okay so V-E Day is May 8 in the United States.  In the one-shot, it's (still) 1946, and Peggy had been working in the SSR office where Flynn was in charge for 3 months, and once again given nothing to do, no matter how unlikely that is - none of her new officemates heard what really happened in this series?  Neither Souza or Jarvis are around, although Stark hears what's going on and with Phillips' (unseen) help is able to get Peggy out of there by the end of the short.  The final scene of the one-shot, with Stark and Dum-Dum panting over the ladies in bikinis, puts it after July 5, 1946 - the date bikinis were publicly unveiled - so is consistent with the other dates.

Edited by bagert
  • Love 1

After all the talk about the guys not shooting Dottie, Peggy did the same damn thing. Not that I'm disappointed, if we get a second season, Dottie can come back.

I liked that when all was said and done, Thompson was still a dick willing to take credit from other people's work. It's in character, and I'm glad he didn't have an unrealistic turnaround.

I choose to be optimistic about season two. If it happens, I hope they develop Sousa and Angie more. Both really needed more screen time. Maybe a little less Thompson and more of Peggy and Angie's fabulous new place. The Griffith will be missed.

• Love 4

That last scene between Jarvis and Peggy really makes me hope that he gets a divorce or widowed someday. They have massive chemistry.

I was thinking that Tony Stark should create AI Peggy and she can move in with Jarvis.  When Captain America gets wind of it Avengers 3 would be a total soap opera.

• Love 1

My fiancé goes: "that's where aquaman comes from!"

So I guess the tag relates back to Captain America: Winter Soldier.

They've got me entirely too convinced that Steve's blood has some kind of superpowers. Instead of getting all maudlin with the bridge scene, I just kept thinking we were going to get some mutated fish that attacks New York.

(Eta he wants me to clarify that he knows aquaman is dc)

Edited by RockShrimp
  • Love 6

I thought the series had it moments, but was not always engaging. However, Hayley Atwell was wonderful as Peggy Carter. She gave Peggy courage, charm, sensitivity, and heart. I wish we had gotten Peggy putting a serious beat down on Dottie. I loved the last scene where she seemed to finally let go of Steve. That kind of unrealized love is so difficult. 

I certainly hope that Daniel Sousa is the future Mr. Carter. He respects and admires Peggy. He is also smart and competent. Steve would like him very much. Yes, Daniel is definitely worthy of Peggy. 

I hope that ABC would consider a second series. I think that they could so more following Peggy and Howard forming S.H.I.E.L.D.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6

"Goodbye my darling..."

Tears! So many tears! Please keep going show! I want more! 

Finally someone thinks to wear earplugs when dealing with a hypnosis guy! Good thinking Sousa! I knew I always liked you for a reason!

I literally squeeled at the end. I am such a freaking nerd. 

• Love 15

It was nice that Angie was just a regular person. Peggy does need someone like that in her life. But I'm wondering if Peggy told her she was a secret agent. Angie would love that. 

Jarvis is married and was not rescued by Captain America so he is out just like Thompson and Angie's a woman (plus I love her friendship with both them and hope they stay friends for rest of their lives). Sousa is the only one still in the running. It would also tie into the Avengers continuity with the cop that Steve talked was Peggy and Sousa's grandson.  Or Sousa could just be the first guy she dates after Steve.

The Peggy/Dottie fight was great because of Dottie is more trained than Peggy but she was doing the typical villain monologue giving Peggy enough time to surprise her. I like that she's still out there and when (I'm choosing to be hopeful) we get season 2, she'll be around and getting ready for round 2 with Peggy Carter. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

I just wanted to add to the Jarvis love here. James D'Arcy does a great job of conveying classy integrity, poignancy and mixes in dorkiness with spot-on comedic timing. That beat with him raising his arms at SSR headquarters and the scene with Steve's blood were both fantastic.

If the show doesn't get renewed I'd love to see he and Atwell find another venue for their bantering skills. Or hey, at least a DVD extra with little Tony Stark hanging out with Mr. Jarvis and Aunt Peggy.

I found it hilarious that Howard spent a weekend with Dottie and, literal gun to his head, could NOT remember her.

That cheesy steel trap line, with Peggy and Jarvis just walking away shouldn't have made me laugh but it really did.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by halopub
  • Love 6

I loved the Steve Rogers bits of the first CA movie - Red Skull not so much.  But the background actor that sang for me was DC as Howard Stark.  I am so glad we got to see him again.  If anything, I thought there could have been more of him in these eight eps.  I didn't enjoy the last few because Peggy took a backseat, but I loved the sentiment in this one, both with her talking to Howard over the radio and remembering the way she said goodbye to Steve.  I don't want them to have a second season.  I should have more faith in the writers after this incredible season but if it doesn't live up to this one, a second season will tarnish the whole enterprise.  Better to let this glorious eight episode show stand as an example of how it is done.  [Torchwood's season three was messed up, but overall brilliant, and I wanted them to end the show with that because there was absolutely no topping it.  I hear Torchwood season four was pretty awful.]

As for Peggy and Souza, I thought there was a lot more humor in her glances at him than desire, as in here we go again, another crush on me.  I thought she was fairly into Jarvis there in the end scene.  With him married she would never go there, but the way they were looking at each other with the romantic music playing, I was just waiting for Peggy to ask him about his wife and for him to say, oh, didn't you know? she died two years ago.

• Love 4

This wasn't quite as knock-me-down amazing as some of the previous episodes were for me.  Maybe I'm just sad that this show is (probably) ending ... the elements of this episode were fine, but I wanted a little more of everything.  More Peggy, more Jarvis, more Angie, more Howard, more Dottie.  So basically I just really want another season.

• Love 2

I don't want them to have a second season.  I should have more faith in the writers after this incredible season but if it doesn't live up to this one, a second season will tarnish the whole enterprise.  Better to let this glorious eight episode show stand as an example of how it is done. 

I'd like a second season.  I think if this show kept doing eight episodes arcs covering Peggy's cases it would get old; but they tied up Peggy's arc in a nice little bow.  That makes me think that if they did a second season, they would jump ahead to Peggy and Howard forming S.H.E.I.L.D and the first real test of the agency.  I think as long as they kept skipping across time in small increments to hit various early milestones in the MCU and the formation of S.H.E.I.L.D that the quality could be maintained.

• Love 8

I thought this was a pretty much perfect finale.  The writers did such a great job of tying the action climax and the emotional climax, with both Peggy and Howard needing to let go of Steve, together.  Hayley Atwell and Dominic Cooper absolutely killed their scenes over the radio, and that final scene broke my heart.  (I admit I too thought about the potential for super-fish, though.)

I just can't state enough how much I love the way Dominic Cooper riffs on Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal of Tony Stark so perfectly.  You completely understand how Tony turned out the way he did, yet Howard feels entirely like his own character.

I really enjoyed Sousa outwitting Dr. Hypnosis but wish he'd shot the guy.  Also, I need a season 2 for more scenes of Enver Gjokaj chained to a bed, please.

• Love 10
I certainly hope that Daniel Sousa is the future Mr. Carter. He respects and admires Peggy. He is also smart and competent. Steve would like him very much. Yes, Daniel is definitely worthy of Peggy.

I ended up really liking him too.  He's not super complicated, not every man has to be.   He's a good agent, a seemingly good person and he seems to have had a crush on Peggy for quite a while.   If we get another season I'd be interested in getting to know him better.    He is clearly VERY clever as he is the only one that thought of using ear plugs to deal with the doctor.   I liked that, getting close enough to pistol whip him. lol.

I thought it was very interesting that the writers chose to make sure Jack Thompson stayed Jack Thompson, the man has layers but he's still a rat and jerk.   Some people are like that.   He's a good agent and believes in protecting peace and democracy but he's also the office worm that takes credit for someone else's work.   I can't recall Peggy's exact dialogue but I thought the way she reacted to Jack taking all the credit was one of the most awesome things I've seen on TV in a long time.   The writers fooled me into thinking Jack had turned a corner only to prove a rat is a rat and very rarely changes.   And after they had the whole office stand and applaud her too.  lol Well played writers.

I hope we get another season 2 because I've become very fond of this cast of characters and Dottie is a very good nemesis.    The Peggy, Howard, Jarvis friendship is my favorite.

I don't mind Angie but I wouldn't have been bothered if we never saw her again.   She was ok but nothing more to me.

• Love 13

I guess I'm the only one that found the whole Dottie thing very boring. I was hoping she was dead because I am not interested in seeing her again or revisiting the issues of how she was created. 

I personally hate that the boss jumped out the window, I liked him.  I would like to see more of Stark.  It was an o.k. series, the episodes that I watched, but was way better than Agents of Shield. 

What year is it? Did they have black patrolmen in New York at that time?  If so, it was probably realistic that he was riding alone.  I didn't think New York got a black officer until sometime in the 40's. 

• Love 2

(Eta he wants me to clarify that he knows aquaman is dc)

I guess I want to clarify that I know that Marvel isn't allowed to use any variation of mutant (so likely no mutated fish) because they sold the X-Men; but saying an inhuman fish sounded weird:)

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

Meh, I'm still suspicious of Angie (holds onto futile hope). Maybe her constant phone calls to her family mean something more. We'll probably never find out, oh well. At least she seems like a great friend, regardless. 

Peggy and Dottie's fight was kind of lame. Dottie's being doing all kinds of crazy gymnastics/parkour moves, but sticks to straight brawling with Peggy? She had the advantage in height and reach. And while Peggy's gotten in some healthy calisthenics beating up SSR officers, I find it hard to believe she could match Dottie in strength and endurance. Maybe being so Fatal Attraction for Peggy would distract her, but no way Dottie's situational awareness would be so low that it'd take one kick to send her out a window.

I like to think Dottie's rage at Howard forgetting her name was that it was insulting her job performance. "What do you mean, I'm not the best seductress ever? I've been practicing for decades!"

I'm glad they didn't completely redeem Howard. To the bitter end he was trying to hold onto the goldmine that is Steve's blood. I'm glad Mr Jarvis saw what a hold it had over him, and relieved him of it before he did something truly stupid. 

Glad Sousa learned his lesson and took Thompson's advice the second time. I was yelling at the screen all while he was letting Ivchenko talk. I bet he enjoyed making Thompson sweat, though.

Meh, even if Thompson gave Peggy credit, there's no way the senator would believe it. She had to single-handedly beat up half a continent for SSR to give her any respect.  Better him as a benevolent boss than their bringing some new jerk who knows nothing about her.

• Love 4

Yes. Why couldn't Jarvis have been saved by Cap behind enemy lines though? He did say he was in the war. We don't know in detail what he did over there. I don't think he's ruled out.

• Love 1

Meh, even if Thompson gave Peggy credit, there's no way the senator would believe it. She had to single-handedly beat up half a continent for SSR to give her any respect.  Better him as a benevolent boss than their bringing some new jerk who knows nothing about her.

Yeah, I'm really not holding it against Thompson that he stepped into the spotlight. The senator wouldn't have bought it and Peggy knows it. I doubt she'll hold a grudge against Thompson over it.

• Love 9

Jarvis is married and was not rescued by Captain America so he is out just like Thompson and Angie's a woman (plus I love her friendship with both them and hope they stay friends for rest of their lives). Sousa is the only one still in the running. It would also tie into the Avengers continuity with the cop that Steve talked was Peggy and Sousa's grandson.  Or Sousa could just be the first guy she dates after Steve.

Jarvis is married, in 1946, the short for WS was filmed in 1953. The show had a nice scene establishing that the Jarvis - Peggy partnership could continue in the future, lots of things could happen in a marriage in 7 years (death, divorce) if the writers wanted to go with Jarvis and Peggy there is a way to do it.

Sousa asked her out and the hypnotist was one more person that alluded to him having feelings for Peggy so he is definitely a possibility.  

Howard had two wives before Tony's mother, since we don't know if Peggy ever divorce he is still in the running.

I'm aware that Angie is female ;) but she and Peggy and are living together and there is a group of people hoping for that paring I thought I would include it so everyone who is "shipping" something could keep their hopes up and visualize the happy ending they wanted.

I continue to be neutral on who her husband should be but everyone is cheering for a specific person can find a way to keep that dream going after the ending. I give the writers credit for that. I'm sure Agent Carter fanfic is being born as we speak and everyone gets to feel included.

• Love 5

I enjoyed this series and I hope it gets renew. I really want to see a season of Peggy and Howard forming Shield so Jarvis should be around for that. Hopefully Angie sticks around since Peggy can have at least one friend not in the SSR. Sousa is still a potential husband and I loved it that he is clever enough to use earplugs. At least he learned from his mistakes when he didn't take the advice about Dottie the 1st time around. The Dr. looked a bit Hannibalish in the jail cell.

• Love 4

Yeah, I'm really not holding it against Thompson that he stepped into the spotlight. The senator wouldn't have bought it and Peggy knows it. I doubt she'll hold a grudge against Thompson over it.

I don't think Peggy will hold it against him but I do.  Thompson looked back and Peggy and made the choice.  Not just that, he decided to take credit from Souza also because really Thompson was following Peggy or Sousa for the last couple episodes.  Peggy saved the world.  Sousa figured out what was going on with Peggy and managed not to get knocked unconscious as often.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 11

Great episode!  I was very happy with the finale and with this show.

Hailey Atwell and James D'Arcy ruled as Peggy and Jarvis.  I agree that they have more chemistry than anyone else but they are not going to get together.  Thompson is still a bit of a jerk.  He served in Japan so he wasn't going to be Peggy's future husband anyway.

DC was great as Howard Stark and I liked the fake mission he got.  Jarvis didn't do much in the plane but it was cool seeing him do that.

I was thinking the same thing that Steve's blood would cause mutated fish.  Nice touch with Peggy pouring it over the Brooklyn bridge.

I have to admit I was disappointed with the Peggy/Dottie fight.  I was expecting better and it was certainly no Sydney/Evil Francine from Alias.  But I'm glad Dottie survived and hoped she'll be back if this show (fingers crossed) is renewed for a second season.

Arnim Zola's return was a welcome one.  He was a much better villain in The First Avenger than Hugo Weaving's Red Skull.  If I remember correctly the Russian shrink was responsible for brainwashing Bucky in The Winter Soldier comic.

I'm very much looking forward to the return of Shield but will miss Agent Carter greatly.  Here's hoping for the second season!

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2

We haven't necessarily met the future Mr. Carter yet -- if this show gets another season, they could introduce as many new men as they want.

So glad that Angie and Peggy get to live together in a gorgeous house. I like Peggy having at least one female/"normal" friend. 

I really want Howard Stark to fix Sousa's leg.

I also want a second season, but there's something to be said for a perfect little miniseries. If this is all we get, I'm still pleased.

• Love 2

They definitely in my opinion left the door wide open for the show to comeback. In fact, I felt they basically promised a second season the way everything ended unresolved. 

I wish Dottie was dead. I would prefer new villains next season, although we have to deal with the consequences of Dottie being free and the doctor being alive.

I liked that Sousa got to punch Thompson even while drugged.  I also thought Sousa looked hot when we could see his arm muscles.

I like how Thompson, Sousa, and Carter came together at the end, but then were driven apart when Thompson was given the credit. I still hope next season he remembers Sousa and Carter saved his ass and are good agents.

Sousa still can't kill anyone.

My favorite scene was Howard in the plane and Peggy trying to talk him back, to see how he feels he failed his friend and Haley was amazing expressing her love for him, add in Jarvis being willing to shoot down his friend that saved his wife was very powerful by all the actors.

I felt so bad for Peggy as she sat behind the mike talking to Howard and Jarvis. I saw Captain America the first Avenger a couple weeks ago and that the way she lost Steve was in parallel circumstances and  knowing they said good-bye in a similar way, I felt that her heart must have been breaking.  She must have been terrified she would lose Howard the same way she lost Steve.

I wouldn't have been able to throw Steve's blood in the ocean, but that scene was sad and I guess it's like scattering his ashes. 

I also liked Angie. Right now Sousa is my top choice for Peggy's husband. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3

That beat with him raising his arms at SSR headquarters and the scene with Steve's blood were both fantastic.

Seconded! One of the funniest moments Jarvis has had. When he doesn't introduce himself to Peggy in the first episode and when he thinks he's too clever by half by removing something from the truck engine in Episode 3(?) are my favorites. Bless James D'Arcy!

If the show doesn't get renewed I'd love to see he and Atwell find another venue for their bantering skills

Nick and Nora Charles reboot, anyone? *g*

• Love 10

Nick and Nora Charles reboot, anyone?

Yes! Yes! A million times yes!

I feel like Howard might offer to fix Sousa`s leg next season, I don`t know if he`ll accept or not.

I was hoping that Thompson would give Peggy the credit she deserved, but I`m kind of glad he didn't. He`s still has a major glory hound asshole side, even though we`ve seen there`s more to him, and he has his good traits too. It makes him more interesting, and maybe he`ll grow more next season. 

If I keep talking about things I want to see next season, maybe it will happen! 

So glad we got to see more of Howard. He and Peggy are great, and it just kills him to see how broken up they still are about Steve. Hopefully we can get more of them together next season!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

My respect for Sousa would have gone up several notches if he had just shot the doc right in the face right when he started monologing.

I will never get tired of seeing Thompson getting punched in the face, but I don't actually have a problem with him getting all the credit at the end. When the Senator came in to congratulate him, he did look back at Peggy and Sousa before accepting the credit, and unless I was seeing things, Peggy seemed to have nodded her okay. She does her best work when she's under the radar anyway.

It actually serves to work the one-shot into the timeline, too. Thompson gets promoted somehwere else. Maybe he takes Sousa with him. That sets up the new blood to come into the office who don't know Peggy and what she can do.

If this show doesn't get a second season, then I demand an Agent Carter movie. I need more Peggy.

• Love 6

For the most part, it felt like it could basically work as a series finale, but left a few things open if it somehow continues.  Dottie is still alive (totally knew she would miraculously survive that fall), Peggy's work in the SSR still won't be smooth sailing since all the credit for their success goes to Jack, and, of course, the husband thing still hasn't been answer.  Yeah, the episode did seem to point to Daniel being a contender since he asked her out and she seemed flattered, but I can easily see them waiting and maybe even introducing the husband later.

I do get a kick out of Jack always being the one who gets knocked out or beaten up, despite being the "alpha male" of the group.  We could almost start a scorecard.  So far, it's been Peggy, Dr. Ivchenko, and Daniel.  Next season (fingers-crossed!), it needs to be Angie, Dottie, Jarvis, and Howard himself.

Loved that they brought Angie back at the end, and seemed to be seeing Angie and Peggy up as roomies, at one of Howard's places.  I so hope we get more of this.  Angie is just a bright presence, and Lyndsy Fonseca lightens up the screen.

The final scene with Peggy and Jarvis was killer.  Again, this show can't be done for.  TV needs more Peggy and Jarvis.  Jarvis raising up his hands when all the guns were pointed at him, was the best.

Howard's return was great, and I liked the idea of him being hypnotized into thinking he was saving Steve, and the guilt over that.  And, of course, it not only leads to Peggy possibly losing someone else she was close to via airplane, but they even wedge the knife in, by it coming down to Jarvis having to possibly shoot down Howard himself.  I knew it would all work out in the end (because, well, comics), but I totally bought it.

Only real disappointment was Peggy vs. Dottie.  I guess my expectations were too high.  At the very least, I wanted it to top her fight on the top of the truck from episode two.  Instead, it was mainly Dottie kicking ass, getting cocky, and then Peggy uses that to her advantage.  Oh well, hopefully we'll get a round two, and it will be better.

Zola's cameo at the end was fun.

I do hope we get another season.  If not, thanks to everyone involved for putting on a hell of a mini-series.  Everyone was pretty solid, but I really want to single out James D'Arcy, Dominic Cooper, and especially Hayley Atwell.  Some killer performances from those three.  Again, I really want to see more of this; if not from ABC, maybe someone like Netflix can save it.  Either way, I'm putting this down on my Must Buy list.

• Love 9

While the finale wasn't as action-packed as episodes 5 and 6 (probably my favorites of the series), it was still quite enjoyable. I was a total sucker for all the Steve feels. All the Captain America movie parallels were there from start to finish, from the radio show (I wonder why they had him go down in the Sea of Japan?), to Peggy on the radio, to that beautiful but very short scene where Peggy shows up with the shield and the Valkyrie is mentioned by name. The bridge scene at the end was gorgeous and so sad. 

I gasped the second I heart Zola's voice. I wonder if they were both in the Rat (referenced in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. if you don't watch it). I'm curious, though (Winter Soldier spoilers ahead).

I was surprised Zola was in prison. I always assumed he was working with the SSR and then S.H.I.E.L.D. from the start as part of Operation Paperclip. What I find fascinating is that this could mean HYDRA did not start forming within S.H.I.E.L.D. under what I assume is Peggy's tenure as director.

I hope if we do get a second season we get more info on that. It could come up in Ant-Man, too. 

Shallow note: I love Peggy's purple dress and am glad she wore it again. 

I might need to watch this again tomorrow.

• Love 1

I gasped the second I heart Zola's voice. I wonder if they were both in the Rat (referenced in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. if you don't watch it). I'm curious, though (Winter Soldier spoilers ahead).

I was surprised Zola was in prison. I always assumed he was working with the SSR and then S.H.I.E.L.D. from the start as part of Operation Paperclip. What I find fascinating is that this could mean HYDRA did not start forming within S.H.I.E.L.D. under what I assume is Peggy's tenure as director.

I hope if we do get a second season we get more info on that. It could come up in Ant-Man, too.

We knew from Winter Soldier that Zola started out in prison and wasn't brought into SHIELD until much later, possibly as late as the '70s - someone else probably remembers better than me.