Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Out, Damned Spot

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Lucious asks Cookie to manage a star who hasn't produced an album in years; and hires a new head of security at Empire Entertainment. Meanwhile, Vernon finds himself caught in a very sticky situation; Jamal's newfound ambition threatens to stir up trouble in his relationships; and a mystery woman from the family's past shows up with a big, not particularly welcome surprise.

I have a feeling Jamal is heading for a bad fall. I can see him turning on Cookie.

Oh Jamal has a baby girl.

Why is Cookie jealous of Annika? Why? She should tell her, "you can have his crusty behind."

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

This one was good!  The best episode thus far IMO.  The building duplicity of Uncle Vernon and Andre against Lucious was noticeably great.  Poor Michael!  Cookie was right.  He's going to be cast aside for Jamal's reigning success.  This just in:  Uncle Vernon knows that Andre is bipolar.  Andre threatened to slit Vernon's throat if he put his hands on him again.  I think this show is FINALLY getting somewhere.  HEE HEE!

• Love 11

Cookie in that whatever it was at dinner made me roll. I did not expect her to have that on under that coat. And how she opened the coat and then, turned around smacked her butt was hilarious. I loved that Jamal called out her laughing after. 

Oh, Jamal. Well, he is not ready to come out. Michael needs to take Cookie's words to heart. 

Vernon, the ultimate fixer, but now he knows that he cannot trust Lucious and he knows about Andre's bipolar.

Hakeem is so needy, but he is going down the wrong path.

Courtney Love was okay. Will Porsha betray Cookie? The drama builds.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

Where can I get a fur like the one Cookie was wearing in the family dinner scene? 

This one was good!  The best episode thus far IMO.

I loved this episode. I was surprised when I looked up and it was 8:55. The hour flew by and I didn't even notice.

• Love 5

The writers just totally used the real life tabloids of Jussie and Raven having a love child and wrote it as a plot? This can't be a coincidence.

The opening scene of Cookie in her lingerie at the restaurant was awesome. 

I felt for Hakeem when Jamal blew him off when he was drunk. 

If Michael has issues with the way Jamal answered the question that's silly. Michael isn't a lady or the woman in Jamal's life. 

I love this show so much. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6

The plot moved forward big time tonight.  Now there are 3 extra people who can hold something big over Lucius.

Andre is one scary dude.  I was worried for Vernon when Andre appeared in the bathroom, looking hulked out in his jacket.

The new security guy is cute, hopefully he'll be a love interest for Cookie.

Also, I can't believe Cookie showed her ass to all her sons.  Did she really ask Jamal if he got a chubby from it?! 

Jamal and his surprise family look very interesting.

• Love 3

I forgot to mention that it was good to see Derek Luke although I hated his hair.

The writers just totally used the real life tabloids of Jussie and Raven having a love child and wrote it as a plot? This can't be a coincidence.

Wow, I had no idea about this. Guess, it is ripped from the headlines.

• Love 4

Then Jamal said there's no one special right now. Michael has every right to be angry.

He was already angry and Jamal was hinting at no special LADY right now. It's mich ado about nothing, but when it's a soap this stuff is always blown out of porportion sadly.

Jamal? Skirting the issue of who you are with may very well lose you someone you can trust.  Then the adorable moppet and Raven Symone? (As Olivia?!! ::laughs::)  Lord! I think it's so the audience doesn't think you're a perfect character, but you weren't. Now? You're fun too! What? This is a soap and the water is very fine!

The music? I tend to like Jamal's more than Hakeem's, but that's me. Hakeem's stuff is very danceable. I thought I recognized  Elle's song as "Take Me To The River", but I am not sure.

Speaking of Elle, I enjoyed Courtney and Elle. Cookie dropping truth-bombs and doing lots of work is good. It's been easy with Jamal and Tiana; they have believed in Cookie and sought her advice out.  Any success is gravy because it will prove Anika wrong about "difficult" women/artists.

Cookie? Love her.  Despite her "real talk" to Michael and her not thinking that being a chef is going to be good enough for Jamal. Cannot wait for her and Raven to be in a scene!

Vernon? He has seen the Bunkie on the wall and is planning how to get out in tact. Or possibly,  a future with a seemingly less murderous Andre. Either way, Vernon has reached his Lando Calrissian moment of "That wasn't the deal."

That was Derek Luke as the new security head, right? The one Cookie was hoping would help secure her perimeters! Nice addition; plenty to have fun with there.

Portia? Don't fall for the person who most wants your boss to fail. Please tell Cookie that Anika tried to bribe you. Just because you didn't give the correct SSN, doesn't mean you're stupid.

Oh, Andre! First Vernon goes all WWE on you, then Rhonda can't drop by. Vernon earned that warning about his attack, so don't feel bad about that.

Lucious needs to watch his shaky ass. He has too many secrets and too many plates spinning. There isn't a good way for him to cover everything the way he probably feels he should; he probably doesn't trust anyone, really. Maybe Cookie, but only as long as he thinks he can play her.

edited: formatting

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 5

OK now Jamal has a love child.  This is getting waaaaaay too soap operaish.

I thought Courtney Love was kind of useless and I couldn't buy that Cookie loved her songs.  That doesn't even sound like the kind of music that Cookie would like.

Cookie and Ass-Gate was funny though.  I hope to never see Anika in that lingerie get up again.  Hopefully she's learned her lesson from seeing Cookie's ass.  If you ain't got it, don't flaunt it.

Didn't Malik Yoba used to think he was hot during his New York Undercover days?  He sure looks crusty now.

And I'm sorry, but Hakeem's music is just lame and so is he.  Alan Iverson-looking mf.  

Actually, I don't think Jamal's music is that great but then I'm old, but it's a lot better than Hakeem's.  

Speaking of lame, I thought the dancing in the club was just that.  Lame.  Those young'uns need to see Cookie or Lucious or somebody's drunk uncle to bust out some old-school moves to show 'em how it's done .

So I guess the new security guy is supposed to be Cookie's new lover?  Whatever.

Andre's suits are too tight.  I don't care if that's the style these days.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 7

THIS SHOW.  So many contenders for best scene of the night.  For me it was probably a tie between the dinner scene and Vernon choking out Andre.  I really liked the development of that relationship - it sheds more light on both of them.  You get the sense that perhaps Andre modeled himself on Vernon as much as on Luscious.  Speaking of Andre, I didn't miss that Rhonda was the one to troll the dinner party conversation by asking Anika to describe the proposal in detail.  Sooo wrong with Cookie sitting over there fuming, but a part of me almost laughed at what a straight-up Heathers move it was.

Anika was on her a-hole game tonight.  Did not care for her attempt to poach Porsha, but I would like more scenes between the two of them. 

Hakeem's issues with women - brrrr.  That is not going to end well.  As much as I don't care for Hakeem, I think they've done a really great job giving his character psychological dimensions.

If Michael has issues with the way Jamal answered the question that's silly. Michael isn't a lady or the woman in Jamal's life.

I thought that was intended to be a "last straw" moment for Michael, but since his issues with Jamal's fame and career kind of randomly came out of nowhere this episode, it didn't really pay off as well as it could have.

Edited by Malbec
  • Love 5

Wow... Taraji really steals every scene she's in.  She is incredible in this IMO.  The highlights for me were her at the family dinner, her speech to Courtney Love's character, and her banter with Porche.  She was excellent in all three scenes.

This was a very strong episode overall and it moved the plot forward in a big way.  The most surprising twist is how people are already figuring out that Lucious killed Bunky.  I didn't think anybody'd be finding that out until the end of the season.  Pleasantly surprised that none of the stories are being dragged out needlessly.  By keeping the story moving, it prevents viewers from getting bored.  It's been 6 episodes and I for one have been thoroughly entertained so far.

• Love 12

Then Jamal said there's no one special right now. Michael has every right to be angry.

That's the problem with not developing Michael's character, though. we have no idea what they've discussed, agreed to, or whatever. Jamal coming out or not coming out is totally about Jamal, and his personal choice. Jamal declaring Michael as his significant other is something they need to be on the same page about. The show is SO good at getting many things right, but this storyline needs work.

Cookie rules, as always. Courtney was a trainwreck, but intentionally so.

• Love 2

I knew Courtney Love was going to be in this, but that was Derek Luke as the new head of security, right?  That was pretty awesome.  As was the Sway cameo.  I love the casting on this show.

Man, the opening dinner act somehow was even better then I thought it would be.  I couldn't stop laughing at the entire thing.  Cookie finally revealing what she was wearing underneath that coat was the perfect ending.  Jamal and Hakeem's reactions especially were priceless (and, yeah, this is just really going to increase Hakeem's mommy issues/fetish.)

So, know we get to see what Vernon brings to the table.  It seems like he is a hell of fixer, who can even bail Lucious sorry ass for what he did to Bunky.  Well done, Vernon.  And, he's totally on Team Andre, so it seems like this is basically become Andre/Vernon, Jamal/Cookie, and Lucious/Hakeem in the battle for Empire.  I can not wait!

But Andre is really freaking me the fuck out.  I actually believe he would cut Vernon's throat if they ever get into a confrontation again.  And, I don't even want to know what he and Rhonda will do with the knowledge that Lucious killed Bunky.

Of course, Hakeem will use what happened to Tiana to make a woman-hating song, but, as Anika says, will probably still sell.

Looks like trouble already for Jamal and Michael.  I'm pretty sure they are doomed.  Michael strikes me as someone who is too sensitive and doesn't understand how this industry works, but Jamal really doesn't seem to be putting an effort in explaining it to him.  Yeah, this isn't going to end well.

I have to admit that Anika attempting to poach Portia is the one thing that just makes me go "That's low, Boo Boo Kitty."  That move totally deserves Cookie to break out the broom again.

Of course Jamal has a freaking love child!  Empire would totally do that!  And, I don't have any complaints.  This show is just so entertaining, and I can't quit it.  Just keep doing what you are doing, Empire!

And, just to add that once again, Cookie and Taraji P. Henson is the greatest!

• Love 8

I thought that was intended to be a "last straw" moment for Michael, but since his issues with Jamal's fame and career kind of randomly came out of nowhere this episode, it didn't really pay off as well as it could have.

I thought the Michael stuff was all building/setting up. Jamal doesn't seem to be famous or with too much of a career as a known singer/songwriter. I think Michael is in the stereotypical Potentially Left Behind Significant Other Due To Fame and Reasons position. He is letting Cookie rattle him and Jamal isn't helping. Michael isn't just going on with life and letting things go, even if he was happy for Jamal at the club.

On the other hand, did Jamal think that Michael would not be watching the interview?

And that's the biggest consequence of Jamal becoming famous.  Before, they were open partners and now Michael becomes a secret.

The same people who knew before and Jamal and Michael were open with before are still in the open together. They were also still a public secret, so none of that has really changed. It's just Jamal is now a celebrity on his own right and not just a "Lyon's" celebrity for being Lucious's son. 

Michael also had no problem living in a 12,000 a month loft free of charge that Lucious who hated him and the relationship of his with Jamal. I find that something Michael should have had more an issue with not Jamal telling Shay he has no lady in his life.

• Love 2

Hakeem is never getting over his mommy issues with that move Cookie pulled earlier at dinner, lol

Right LOL. And nice touch to have Jamal look away and Hakeem stare when she showed her ass.

This show is just everything. TPH has chemistry with everybody. Her and Mr. Devote were hot in that brief scene.

Loved Andre's "wash your hands first" because that's exactly what I was thinking.

• Love 7

I don't know.  I still like this show but now I'm beginning to fear that every week will be "how can we top last week's outlandishness?"  I'll still be watching, but I'm beginning to side-eye the show.  I guess Jamal's supposed love child situation just threw me for a loop.  

I know this is a show about the music industry, but in coming weeks I'd like to see/hear less of the music and music videos *coughHakeemcough* and more of the characters, their relationships with each other, etc.    

• Love 1

I thought the Michael stuff was all building/setting up. Jamal doesn't seem to be famous or with too much of a career as a known singer/songwriter. I think Michael is in the stereotypical Potentially Left Behind Significant Other Due To Fame and Reasons position. He is letting Cookie rattle him and Jamal isn't helping. Michael isn't just going on with life and letting things go, even if he was happy for Jamal at the club.

On the other hand, did Jamal think that Michael would not be watching the interview?

I think this makes sense as Michael's role in things.  But he's been such a cipher that plot developments with him aren't as impactful as they could be. 

As far as the interview, I think it's as simple as Jamal froze up and said something stupid when he was put on the spot.  It's an obvious enough question that he really should have had something prepared, though.  Surprised Cookie wasn't drilling him on it!

• Love 2

That's the problem with not developing Michael's character, though. we have no idea what they've discussed, agreed to, or whatever. Jamal coming out or not coming out is totally about Jamal, and his personal choice. Jamal declaring Michael as his significant other is something they need to be on the same page about.

I think Michael's reaction told us everything we needed to know about what his expectations were.  

You're right, coming out is a very personal thing but couldn't that apply to Michael as well?  He's out.  He found a boyfriend who introduced him as his boyfriend to family, friends and pretty much anyone they met.  He didn't make a public statement but he wasn't a public figure being asked those questions.   Doesn't he have a right to be upset that is likely going to change?  That he can't be as open about his boyfriend knowing that Jamal may fear the truth getting out? 

My argument isn't that Jamal needed to come out.  It's simply that Michael has every right to be upset if he faced obstacles to be an out man and now he may have to go back to being careful who he opens up to.

• Love 6

I loved this episode until the very end. I can't believe this show busted out the clicheed, tired, and ridiculous 'gay guy has a long-lost love child'. This is something I expected at the end of season 3/beginning of season 4 as ratings started their inevitable collapse. But the end of episodes 6? Seriously.

I was dreading Courtney Love, but I really liked her in this capacity. And for the record, I still thin she killed Cobain.

There is no way TPH is 44. She looks better than most TWENTY four years olds.

Jamal not correcting Sway was bullshit. Michael has every right to he pissed. All he had to do was say he had someone special in his life and leave it at that. He didn't have to come out.

• Love 5

One thing I notice, Jamal is supposed to be broke, but he and Michael are living in yet another expensive looking loft with a view. What happened to them living in the hood? He bet he is living off Cookie's money now. Rich kids are all the same.

What happened to them living in the hood?

I wondered about that too.  I wonder if he is living off Cookie now.  I also thought it was kind of cruel of Cookie to diss Michael.  At least he's going to culinary school and will have a decent career when he finishes, and he probably doesn't have mommy and/or daddy giving him money.  

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 9

I liked this episode -- BUT, there was nothing about the cliffhanger from last week. Cookie ordered an unneeded hit on someone. Cookie doesn't even reference that (besides the rose from Lucious) in this episode... did Cookie magically forget she just got someone killed?

• Love 10

I loved the first scene- the only trouble with Cookie being so strong is that any time Anika tries to challenge her at all, she just looks pathetic and annoying. Which I guess is the point, but it does make me say "Move along, show" any time Anika does stuff- "The ring is a copy of the ring Richard Burton gave Elizabeth Taylor" shut up, no one cares. I hope Porsha becomes a double agent. And Taraji is smoking. Smo-king. 

All three of the sons are weenies- Jamal is the least weenie, but still. Hakeem is like a 12 year old- he reminds me a bit of Chris Brown, petulant, entitled, marginally talented etc, etc. And Andre wasn't threatening at all when talking about slitting throats. 

I like hearing Courtney Love growl again and I liked her interactions with Cookie. I suspect Lucious' concierge doctor is going to turn into a Conrad Murray situation. 

I love that Raven's name is Olivia- please say, "I know my body" at some point. And the love child thing is funny because that was a rumour about 5 or 6 years ago.

And Lola's hair is glorious. 

ETA plus plus for using Lil' Kim's the Jump Off- I forgot about that song and it's pretty classic Timbaland. Also, Hakeem's song is pretty straight forward, ie not a metaphor, Anika. 

Edited by Pogojoco
  • Love 6

I can't see the writers "saddling" any of the sons with a young child. Maybe Andre, but not in this way. I wouldn't be shocked if Lucious ends up being the father. 

Is there a recent artist modeled after Courtney Love's character? I can't see someone like her to sell so many records in these times. 

• Love 1

Is there a recent artist modeled after Courtney Love's character? I can't see someone like her to sell so many records in these times. 

There is a lot of 90s nostalgia in the air- they might spin the character as releasing an album and going on a tour- not a massive stadium tour- but a small thing, that music critics would love. Or like, going to Vegas. 

One thing I notice, Jamal is supposed to be broke, but he and Michael are living in yet another expensive looking loft with a view. What happened to them living in the hood? He bet he is living off Cookie's money now. Rich kids are all the same.

Maybe he got an advance.

Vernon knows all.  Do not underestimate him.

Raven Symone's name is Olivia?  That's going to lead to all kinds of speculation.  Especially since the family originates in Philadelphia.

I expect that Hakeem is going to blow up sometime soon.  Probably beat up Tiana.

I try not to pull the threads of these storylines, cause I'm just here for the performances and the ride, but c'mon, son! Are we really supposed to believe that someone out there has Jamal's kid and only looks him up because she heard him on the radio and her daughter wanted to meet her father? Not before since, ya know, he's already the heir to the freakin' Empire fortune? Rlly show?

• Love 14

I'm not gonna jump on the train and say that the kid is Jamal's just yet. I'll leave it open for the possibility but seriously?  His family has been rich for a while now, longer than that child has been alive and now she looks him up for what?  It just doesn't make sense.  Did she not know who he was?  I'm gonna need more information which I'm not too worried about because this show is giving out info and revealing secrets left and right!  I really like that.  I thought we'd have the Bunky secret for at least the rest of the reason.  I like the pace of it so far.

Jamal from the beginning told Cookie that he wanted to come out on his own terms.  I think he got caught up in the hype of everything that was happening and one, he didn't want to jeopardize it.  Two, he wasn't ready.  I don't think that it negates what he's told Lucious and trying to get out from under the control of him.  I do think that Michael and him should've talked about it before hand though.  Whether or not he's ready and whether or not Michael is willing to be kept a secret.  Although he has been kept a sort of a secret this whole time but when Jamal had a certain level of anonymity it probably didn't feel like much of one.  The expensive all paid for loft probably helped too. They could just live in their own little world as long as they didn't make any waves.  Now that Jamal is making waves he probably actually feels like a secret.  I think Michael has a right to be angry but I don't think he should've been surprised.  We also learned that Michael is doing something! He's going to culinary school!  That doesn't tell us that he's paying his own way though and not living off of Jamal (what is Jamal living off of now?). Going to school is not a job.  I kind of loathe it when people label school as an occupation.  Student is not a job description.  Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with people who have the means to just go to school but it's still not a job.  I am really curious as to where they're getting their money now.  There's been two episodes where Jamal has refused to take money...so where are they getting it from?

Yay! Someone else knows Andre's bipolar! I'm starting to think that Vernon didn't "practically" raise the kids, he just straight up did it.  I hope he doesn't try to use it to try to control Andre. So far, I'm really liking Vernon.  He's the only one who even a little bit stood up for Cookie in the elevator with that rapper guy.  He's also in the problem, AA or NA I'm not sure.  He's a fixer.  I'm so glad that Andre told him to wash his hands in the bathroom scene.  The whole time when he stuck his hand out I kept thinking nonononono, WASH YOUR HANDS!  That choke out was an overreaction though.

Hakeem.  Keemo. "I'm already a star!" Oh sit down.  Did he not remember last week when the reporter kept referring to him as Lucious Lyon's son? I just can't with him. He's also jealous of his Tianna's girlfriend.  So he calls his already year long established Mommy Issues girlfriend.  He's ridiculous.  I remember the first episode with Tianna, I thought she was going to be the crazy girlfriend.  I'm also happy that Cookie isn't just taking it whatever he decides to throw at her that day.  He really does need to grow up.

I'm okay with a Cookie/Security Navy Seal guy hook up if it happens.  I'm more than okay with it.  She's been in prison for the past 17 years.  She deserves to be able to have some fun.  In fact, I'm okay with Cookie/Anyone showing her a good time hook up.  I do not want her to be waiting for Lucious.  Lucious should not be her first piece of action since getting out of prison.

Porscha! IT'S A TRAP! I hope she's smart enough not to cross Cookie.  That will not end up well for her and Boo Boo Kitty will drop her as soon as she's not useful.

• Love 5

I can't see the writers "saddling" any of the sons with a young child. Maybe Andre, but not in this way. I wouldn't be shocked if Lucious ends up being the father.

I wouldn't be surprised either. Due to the Lion in Winter, I kept thinking Lucious had to have slept with one of his son's girlfriends. I'll take this over him having slept with Rhonda.

I think Lucious has been paying Olivia sometime of alimony /child support without Jamal knowing. Olivia sees Jamal blowing up and decides she's ready to get a big pay day.

Cookie at that dinner had me rolling. TPH looks amazing. Thanks for showing BBK how to wear lingerie.

BBK is trying to play the game with players she doesn't really know and rules she can't fathom. She needs to keep her ass in the shallow end and stay way from the sharks.

Hakeem reminds me of the guys that be on Love and Hip Hop talking about how they are a star, while I'm going "who the hell are you?", "what have you done?". I can't see how he would be successful/iconic, if Lucious wasn't his daddy.

Add me to the list of people that were happy Andre asked Vernon to "wash his hands". Damn, Vernon knows about Andre being bipolar when his family doesn't. Makes me wonder what mess Vernon has fixed for Andre in the past due to his disorder.

Cookie was really feeling the new head of security. Good for her. 17 years is a long time. She needs a reason to smile and flirt.

• Love 4

Yeah.... I'm all for soapy plot twists, but the baby might be a bridge too far.  I'm kinda hoping it's a one-shot bit of nonsense.

I was wondering this too.  I saw her as maybe intended as someone who was a Stevie Nicks/Joni Mitchell type of artist back in her day (albeit "her day" would've been 20 years after those two).  Maybe???  In all honesty, this was the first guest shot that didn't really work for me.  The way they built CL's character up as someone whose music could get you through the darkest of times, I really didn't buy it when she finally appeared.  Acting-wise she was OK, but a little miscast maybe.

Edited by Malbec

I like Cookie the best when she is wheeling and dealing in business.  In relationships, I don't like her, in fact I can't stand her.

Though I covet Cookie's closet, I really hate that she went full on "Lady Marmalade" underneath that fur coat.  Why in the world does she want Lucious Lyon when he treats her like crap and gives her mixed messages and makes her look foolish.  It's not a good look on Cookie, to me it reeks of desperation.  I have seen many women fight each other for crappy men, because to them, their worth is tied in to their sexuality, if a man wants them they're worth something, if not they don't exist.  

I also didn't like what Cookie said to Jamal about Michael.  "Cooking school?"  Whoever wrote this episode hasn't been to the Culinary Institute of NY.  I was just there in November, and it's NOTHING to sneeze at.  Besides, being a chef is muy importante, because everybody needs to eat.  I can see Jamal getting a big head and losing his  humility.  Now he thinks he's a big star and is too big for someone like Michael.  Cookie should know, because of her age and because she knows the business, that the music business if fickle, you're hot today and gone tomorrow and it's best to have relationships with people who keep you grounded.  I used to believe like Cookie did, you find a partner on your level.  But that's bullshit because what you need is a partner that you can live with and be partners with and you help each other.  Just because someone is on your level, doesn't mean you can live with them.  

• Love 10

I liked this episode -- BUT, there was nothing about the cliffhanger from last week. Cookie ordered an unneeded hit on someone. Cookie doesn't even reference that (besides the rose from Lucious) in this episode... did Cookie magically forget she just got someone killed?

THIS!  While I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, what happened to the follow up of last week's cliffhanger which was too much of a doozy NOT to follow up on?  Continuity needs to be worked on here.

• Love 2

Did it have a view?  I was noticing how seedy it looked, their scenes in the kitchen.  

I also didn't like what Cookie said to Jamal about Michael.  "Cooking school?"  Whoever wrote this episode hasn't been to the Culinary Institute of NY.  I was just there in November, and it's NOTHING to sneeze at.  Besides, being a chef is muy importante, because everybody needs to eat. 

I can see her scoffing at culinary school.  They're one of those things that makes money for the school more than making qualifications for the grad.  I think a tiny percent of culinary graduates ever work as respected chefs, and most respected chefs didn't get a degree.  

I didn't buy Cookie assuming a lunch invite at a restaurant from Lucious was a bootie call, without there being a lot more than a rose on their anniversary to suggest it.  

More of Hakeem drinking in their nightclub.  I guess the drinking age is different in their universe, or there is no fear of losing one's liquor license there.  Or he's not the 19 they've suggested.  

The table lamp between Cookie and Lucious in the nightclub is a new $15 one from Ikea.  I just bought one last weekend.  It's adorable.  

Edited by Guest

It will probably come up in a future episode, that's usual for soaps.

My neck was hurting from all the double crossing.  So, Vernon and Andre are in it together, so Andre will take over?  Vernon knows Andre is bipolar, but Andre doesn't know Lucius has ALS.

Also, it looked like Vernon was sober, the white man he was talking to in the park was his sponsor I believe.  He was thinking about leaving because of a lack of honesty, but now doesn't want to.

I think the love child will be resolved, and it won't be Jamal's. 

I can see her scoffing at culinary school.  They're one of those things that makes money for the school more than making qualifications for the grad.  I think a tiny percent of culinary graduates ever work as respected chefs, and most respected chefs didn't get a degree.

I don't know about that.  In reality everybody has to eat but not everybody has to listen to hip hop music.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2