Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E06: Week 6

• Start Topic

Someone identifying himself as Kelsey's Dad wrote a long diatribe in her defense in a comment here.

According to her alleged father, she graduated "summa kum laude". Okay. Apparently "eloquence" isn't genetic. Or is that another "paradox"? So many big words, so little time...

• Love 3

Loved Becca's date. She seems so normal! Run Becca run.  I can not believe I am about to say this but I actually liked Ashley I. Maybe because she was booted off but I found her very witty and beautiful this episode. Chris was totally right though- she would never fit in in Iowa. Why is Megan still there. That girl is so dumb. She was confused when her name was called and the other girls had to explain that she was on a group date. Wow.  On the two on one date Chris looked like he'd rather shoot himself in the face then deal with Kelsey and Ashley.  Loved that Kelsey smiled when Ashley was crying because she thought she was getting the rose then Chris walked over and booted her out too LOL. 
I agree Chris was an ass to run off with Britt and leave the girls sitting there. I felt their pain. Felt so bad for Carly because she felt the singing date was what she was best at and she did have a great song but Chris just isn't feeling her. He wants Britt. And I feel sorry for whoever his F1 is because she is going to watch this and see how hung up on Britt he was and that has got to burn. Right now I can only see him with Whitney Becca or Jade.  He keeps stressing that he wants someone who is good in social situations (because obviously he is not) I think Chris is an introvert (nothing wrong with that, I am one) and all these girls and the drama and having to be "on" all the time is just exhausting to him. Maybe that is why he ran off to be alone with Britt because its too much work to socialize with everyone. not saying that makes it ok because it was a dick move but he might have just wanted to relax.  

I loved that Kaitlynn admitted that she and Kelsey were total opposites and that she was questioning that if Chris liked what Kelsey was about then maybe he's not the guy for her. I think Kaitlynn is too rough around the edges for Chris's lifestyle, he has no interest in Carly, and he thinks Jade is sweet but she's more like him (not outgoing) and he wants someone the opposite of him so she can handle all the social situations.

• Love 2

Chris is a shit stirrer. Of course he knew Britt would spill about the Big Fig Newton concert, same as he knew Kelsy was a fake ass whackadoo yet threw Ashley under the bus for maximum drama. Same as him macking on Britt during the group date. The ditching was probably producer driven, but the PDA and tween tattling is all on his ass. He didn't have to make Ashley and the group date girls uncomfortable, he chose to, or is too obtuse to see how rude and ugly he's coming off.

Whitney's corner eye of death trumps Britts fake ass blow job face if astonishment in my book. She just looks cross eyed and stupid when she does that. Not a good look.

When even Kaitlin thinks something is a dick move, it is a dick move. That was some bullshit right there. None if those women are assholes, and they didn't deserve that. Hell Kardashley didn't deserve that. Even if it's all producer driven, Chris is their monkey, and sucks by association. Finally, his inability to form words makes him look like a low IQ moron. How does this inarticulate schmuck run a business?

• Love 11

I personaly think Brett will win. Or at least she will be the new bachelortte?

But guys! I have to tell you something! It's really imporant and private and we need to have this discussion! I came here to tell you something very imporant! It defines me as a person what this secret is about!

That just sums up this season to me.

I am serious laughing at the music that was played when Chris and his date were riding horses.

I can not believe I am about to say this but I actually liked Ashley I.

I found her to be good tv at first but her shtick became grating these last 2 episodes. She's just too high school but at least she was the first to call bs on Kelsey bringing her dead husband up this late in the game. I also don't find Ashley I. to be "fake" because she wore pounds of make-up. If that's what she needs to do to feel confident leave her be.

And I feel sorry for whoever his F1 is because she is going to watch this and see how hung up on Britt he was and that has got to burn.

She could always pull a Chris Siegfried (Desiree's husband) and not watch the season at all.

Edited by ElectricCityy
  • Love 2

As a Twitter user noted, it may have been the first country (and I use the term advisedly) song, live or recorded, Britt had heard in her life.

Her very odd, very random bouncing up and down resembled that of toddler given the command to dance.  She had no idea what the song was or what the approximate tempo might be.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 3

Wasn't Mackenzie the one who was depressed she had a child so she couldn't pretend to be a virgin, then later depressed that she didn't have a former husband die a tragic death so she could use that story?  Or am I mixing her up with someone else?  I remember sarcastically thinking to myself that next she'd be depressed she didn't have some horrible life threatening illness or parents who died in a horrific crash, because it would make such a better STORY.

Mackenzie is the one who looks completely different, depending on whether she has straightened her hair or not. The first few episodes, she mostly left it curly, and it was not a flattering cut/shape. When she started straightening it, I had no idea who it was at first, but I think she looks considerably better. 

• Love 1

Ashley I. is a moron and I'm ashamed that she's from NJ. 

Tell me about it. My town is bordered on the east by Kardashley's town and bordered on the west by Teresa Guidice's (RHoNJ) town. Please don't think less of me. I'll need to come up with a tragic yet amazing story so you'll be forced to keep me in this group for at least one more week!

• Love 6

I read Chris's blog on People.com here and it doesn't change my mind...he's kind of a douche and the worst kind: He claims he has no idea he's being a douche. I've dated guys like that - would do things or say things to hurt my feelings and then have no idea that they were being hurtful.

I'm shocked he actually would believe that Britt wouldn't share with the girls that they went to the concert. 1. They are women. 2. The girls were going to ask and what does he expect her to do? Lie? And I find it hypocritical that he expects Britt to keep their little secret and yet, he has no problem with sharing private conversations he's had with the other women to the rest of the girls like it's nothing. The guy just irks me. Worst Bachelor ever. He's making Juan Pablo look good.

I do feel bad for Chris's F1. I follow Britt on Instagram (and no, I never comment: I'm not that obsessed; I just follow for curiousity) and she has posted a few pictures of her and Chris on dates, along with a nice little caption about how she'll always remember it. If she isn't the F1, I think that is disrespectful to whoever his final choice is. Just my opinion. She also seems to be doing a bit of damage control on her account, with posting explanations about the no showering thing, how she wants a family and how she's sorry she hurt the girls feelings. Looks like she really wants the Bachelorette gig and is worried she may not get it.

• Love 3

Say what you want about Britt, not only is she drop dead gorgeous, but she seems to be warm and friend. She is always cuddled up to one of the other ladies.  I believe the reason the others, well mostly Kaitlyn, Carly and Whitney despise her is because up to this point, she clearly has this thing in the bag.  If she doesn't win, she will be the next Bachelorette. Guaranteed!

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 3

Loved the tableau in last night's ending shot... Kelsey on top of the bluff, Ashley below - just like Kelsey explained! Ashley I. must have really angered the production folks or just annoyed them to no end. Her edit has been nothing short of horrific.  

For all that Ashley came across as ridiculous and silly, I'd say Kelsey's edit was way, way worse - she came across like a legit psychopath. Most of hat was her just acting and speaking like a psychopath, but the creepy music they put in over every talking head certainly didn't help. If she thinks she has a shot at being the next Bachelorette she's dead wrong.

Edited by atlanticslide

This episode made me laugh out loud three times. First, when Chris helped his date onto the horse from the wrong side, then got on his horse from the wrong side, too. Next, when Big and Rich were singing and the voice over was "Save a horse, ride a FARM BOY." Hilarious. Third was when Kelsey's luggage was taken from the room and Carly shouts, "Let's get drunk!" and pours champagne all bar-style, glasses in a row. 

As for the horse-riding date, what's up with riding one behind the other when you are in a field? That's okay for mountain/wood trail riding when two horses don't fit side-by-side, but when you are riding on a road or in a field, nothing is more fun than to ride together. It's a great time to talk. On Chris's horse date with Andi, the same thing happened, one was YARDS behind the other. Way to show there is absolutely no connection, when you don't even want to be next to someone who is on a freaking HORSE for pete's sake.

I wanted one of the women to say, "Hey, where have you two crazy kids been?" when Chris/Britt came back from the concert. Everyone knew they were together. So, you were left along for an hour. Suck it up and PRETEND to be having a good time. Instead, Chris and Britt returned to a room full of doom and gloom and Debbie Downers, like someone just killed everyone's dog AND puppy. Yeah, that's the way to make sure you get to the end of this show you stupid "girls."

Like Britt or not, she is good tv and can really act like she's having a great time. Too bad none of the others can do that.

Jimmy Kimmel reviewed that Badlands date and hit it on the head: It was in the middle of nowhere, dirt blowing, with nothing to do but sit on some Arab harem bed sitting in the middle of the desert. The heck? There wasn't even an akaline pool of green death water for them to soak their feet in. This date needs to be added to the Worst Date EVAH thread for sure.

Ashley was interviewed by Skype on Kimmel last night. She was SO funny, pretty and smart. She will be okay, that's for sure. Kimmel also made fun of Kelsey. He would fit in great in this thread.

Speaking of Kimmel, I really miss his AMAZING *ding* jar. And someone needs to remove the word "Like" from our vocabulary. 

• Love 3

Like Britt or not, she is good tv and can really act like she's having a great time. Too bad none of the others can do that.

I will point out that it is easy to have a great time when you're the one getting the attention, getting your hour of one-on-one time, dancing on stage at a concert and getting a rose. I just want to give the other girls the benefit of the doubt. Of course, Britt has every right to take advantage of her one on one time and I'm sure it felt great - but it is easy to have a great time when things are going your way. That is not to say that the other girls should of been debbie downers, but I'm sure it was hard sitting there, with cameras in your face, downing alcohol and giving interviews with producers probably practically begging you to cry.

• Love 5

Aww, I really liked the date with Chris and Becca…although the 5-year plan discussion may have showed that she's probably a bit young for him.

Kelsey: <very earnestly> "I'm at a juncture in my relationship with Chris…." Honey, you HAVE no relationship with Chris!! 

• Love 6

I really hope they sent separate choppers to pick the girls up after that 2-on-1.  Can you imagine the trip if they went together?

Ashley said on Kimmel that it was one Loooong ride home in a van. I don't know where "home" was, back to Deadwood? Or the airport. In any case, she said it was nowhere as nice a trip back as the helicopter out. And no, the two did NOT ride back together. It was separate vans.

Chris's look when he got on the helicopter, leaving both b-ettes in the Badlands dirt, was like he wanted to just put a gun to his head. Hey, dude, you signed up for this! Maybe those farm gals in northeast Iowa are looking a bit better to you now?

Kelsey's expression, tone, face and words when she was "selling" herself to Chris by telling him she would make a perfect WIFE because she'd already been a WIFE made me think used-car saleman. Blatant used-car saleman. I don't trust them, either.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5
Sadly, I'm almost enjoying this Bachelor season as much as Downton Abbey and Brooklyn 99!

I sincerely hope Lady Edith applies for the next season.  She has a great

"dead fiance" story.  No one will top being executed by Hitler's goons! That AND a secret baby out of wedlock?

Oh, yeah, she's a shoo-in for the Bachelor in Paradise.

(Spoiler tags for Downton Abbey seasons 4-5 info)

• Love 8

I will point out that it is easy to have a great time when you're the one getting the attention, getting your hour of one-on-one time, dancing on stage at a concert and getting a rose. I just want to give the other girls the benefit of the doubt. Of course, Britt has every right to take advantage of her one on one time and I'm sure it felt great - but it is easy to have a great time when things are going your way. That is not to say that the other girls should of been debbie downers, but I'm sure it was hard sitting there, with cameras in your face, downing alcohol and giving interviews with producers probably practically begging you to cry.

I don't see how any of this is Britt's fault.  Don't hate her because she is beautiful. 

• Love 3

I'm so overwhelmed by all the WTF moments of this episode (there were more than usual!) that I can't begin to comment.

My biggest was catching a glimpse of Kelsey's profession under her name: "Guidance Counselor."  WTH????  Scary thought.  

• Love 1

Kardashley (great name!) with the muddy streaks on her face and ratty weave and spider clumpy lashes

Kimmel asked her how she kept her mascara from running and wanted her to demonstrate her tear-wiping technique. He also said he was waiting for her fake lashes to come off and fall on her cheeks. Ashley said they were lash extensions so were on there permanent-like so couldn't fall off.

I couldn't figure out why all the women were sitting around in that empty barroom waiting for Chris/Britt to return, then after they did come back, they still just sat there. Production is all about going off the books this season. Why not get up and go looking for Chris/Britt? Why not get up and put some dimes in the jukebox and have your own dance? What a bunch of deadbeats.

As for the master's degrees ... anyone with enough money and time can get one of those. AND a doctorate.

ETA: I see TPTB corrected the spelling of SantA Fe this week.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2
Did Chris dress up as a Confederate soldier when he was doing the old-timey portraits? Oy. This show. I'm so happy the one black woman is gone.

He was in Civil War gear (and I'm not knowledgible enough to know which side), but there was a Union flag in the background of the picture

• Love 1
Say what you want about Britt, but not only is she drop dead gorgeous, but she seems to be warm and friend. She is always cuddled up to one of the other ladies.

I know this is a millage varies thing but I would be extremely uncomfortable all squished up with anyone other than my dog.  If I was part of the show I would be spending a lot of time figuring out how to space myself three or four women from Britt without being obvious about it.

As for the horse-riding date, what's up with riding one behind the other when you are in a field?
  I'm betting that sweet  little horse of Becca's was trained to follow behind the lead horse.  That's what makes it safe to put a novice on it's back with no training.   Becca probably could have propped her feet up on it's neck and done her nails and it would have kept on walking in line. 
  • Love 3

Sadly, I think that Kelsey's father is just as delusional as she is.   Good thing she'll be in France away from impressionable Texas children.   

I actually LOVED the 2-on-1 date in that there was NOTHING for them to do.  But talk.  And look at each other.  No activities, no distractions, nothing but conversations. 

Ashley was interviewed by Skype on Kimmel last night. She was SO funny, pretty and smart. She will be okay, that's for sure. Kimmel also made fun of Kelsey. He would fit in great in this thread.

I saw her on GMA this morning to and she was pretty good on there.  And she looked great - her makeup looked way better than it did on the Bachelor.  She seemed to have a good attitude about it and seems like she is nervous to see Kelsey at the WTA which tapes in a couple weeks.

This episode made me laugh out loud three times. First, when Chris helped his date onto the horse from the wrong side, then got on his horse from the wrong side, too. Next, when Big and Rich were singing and the voice over was "Save a horse, ride a FARM BOY." Hilarious. Third was when Kelsey's luggage was taken from the room and Carly shouts, "Let's get drunk!" and pours champagne all bar-style, glasses in a row. 

These were all of my favorite comedy moments too! I couldn't believe it when Chris not only had her get onto the horse from the wrong side, but he did the same thing. I mean I know some horses are trained for both but you'd think as a bona fide "farm boy" he'd know how to correctly mount a horse.

I loved the reaction when Kelsey's bag was removed.  At first I felt a little teeny tiny bit bad because I thought it was Kelsey removing the bag herself and thought "ouch!" if she heard all the cheering, but then I realized it wasn't her and started cracking up.

I'm betting that sweet  little horse of Becca's was trained to follow behind the lead horse.  That's what makes it safe to put a novice on it's back with no training.   Becca probably could have propped her feet up on it's neck and done her nails and it would have kept on walking in line.

Oh, Judy, this made me laugh. Yes, I am sure you are correct. Which is why both horses just stood there for riders to get on the wrong side. I know it's good to teach your horse to mount/dismount from the incorrect side, just in case you ever have to do that in an emergency, but most horses will give you the big snort and jump away if you try it with them. My horses will even do that when getting on the correct side!

I actually LOVED the 2-on-1 date in that there was NOTHING for them to do.  But talk.  And look at each other.

Kelsey's stare and Ashley's look away was exactly what dogs do when the dominant one wants to start a fight with the submissive one. Which, I guess, means I think both were bitches on that date. (Chris was the other "b" word IMO.)

• Love 7

As a Twitter user noted, it may have been the first country (and I use the term advisedly) song, live or recorded, Britt had heard in her life.

Her very odd, very random bouncing up and down resembled that of toddler given the command to dance. She had no idea what the song was or what the approximate tempo might be.

I seriously doubt she's never heard a country song. Country is very mainstream, it's very popular in Cali, and I think Britt is originally from somewhere not that urban, though I could be mistaken.

One thing I do know: You do not pogo to country, well unless you're listening to Hasil Adkins or Hank 3. She looked like a damn fool.

• Love 1

As for the master's degrees ... anyone with enough money and time can get one of those. AND a doctorate.

As someone with a doctorate, I can tell you that this is absolutely untrue. Just to get accepted into our master's program, we needed to have graduated magna or summa cum laude. And getting accepted did not guarantee completion: some people didn't make it through the master's thesis, while others who successfully completed their master's degree nonetheless did not make it all the way to completing their doctorates. It was all about talent and hard work, and had nothing to do with money or the mere passage of time. 

Although Kelsey seems extraordinarily self centered, and Ashley appears quite immature, intelligence is quite a different thing. Nothing I've seen on screen from either of them indicates that they did not have the brains and work ethic to earn an advanced degree.

Edited by jordanpond
  • Love 10

South Dakota is the perfect place to fall in love allegedly. Are they not leaving the country other than their New Mexico jaunt? I actually love that they're going to Iowa.

Chris has asked "Where do you see yourself in five years?" on two dates now. Does he follow up with "Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond the call of duty?" He's really bland. He even said "This is the Wild West" in the least wild way ever.

Kesley's "It's a loss" and sympathetic head nods to Chris were hysterical to me. More than "blessed with eloquence", more than "immeasurably blessed". He bolted so fast from her! I felt really bad for him on that date, sandwiched between two nightmares.

I liked when Ashley said that she wasn't from Pleasantville and she kind of nailed Kelsey when she said she's just as smart even though she doesn't use big words--without the benefit of hearing Kelsey's talking heads. But then she went full princess diva meltdown to a horrible degree. 

• Love 9

I saw her on GMA this morning to and she was pretty good on there.  And she looked great - her makeup looked way better than it did on the Bachelor.  She seemed to have a good attitude about it and seems like she is nervous to see Kelsey at the WTA which tapes in a couple weeks.

With news that Kelsey will be in France for the foreseeable future, I wonder if she'll be absent from WTA... Is Paris just a cop-out for her to avoid having to get grilled?

From the article, she leaves for France today, and doesn't sound like she's coming back any time soon... (Sorry France)

Edited by locomoco
  • Love 2

I liked when Ashley said that she wasn't from Pleasantville and she kind of nailed Kelsey when she said she's just as smart even though she doesn't use big words--without the benefit of hearing Kelsey's talking heads. But then she went full princess diva meltdown to a horrible degree. 

I especially liked Ashley 's commentary, "I have a master's degree from a good place."  How very articulate.  I don't for a moment believe that woman is still a virgin.  She should just save that for her family. 

• Love 1

Now, Ashley is a paradox. One minute she's funny and engaging, the next, she's having a meltdown Sybil would be proud of. She's a fast

cycler for sure.

I must admit to loving Kelsy a bit. She's awful, but I can't wait to see her again.

Oh, and all that nice south western jewelry? Yes, I think it is Claire's. That pendant Ashley had on was pretty, but cheap. No decent artist uses a spring ring closure. Made in China.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 1

As someone with a doctorate, I can tell you that this is absolutely untrue. Just to get accepted into our master's program, we needed to have graduated magna or summa cum laude. And getting accepted did not guarantee completion: some people didn't make it through the master's thesis, while others who successfully completed their master's degeree nonetheless did not make it all the way to completing their doctorates. It was all about talent and hard work, and had nothing to do with money or the mere passage of time. 

Although Kelsey seems extraordinarily self centered, and Ashley appears quite immature, intelligence is quite a different thing. Nothing I've seen on screen from either of them indicates that they did not have the brains and work ethic to earn an advanced degree.

Agreed. I've spent my adult life attending or working at universities, and while there are diploma mills out there granting degrees without merit, there are also more than a few people who can do the degree work but are a mess personally. And we who work at the universities remember some of these folks years later because they can be huge pains in the ass.

• Love 1

Chris has asked "Where do you see yourself in five years?" on two dates now.

I know, right? (TM Emily) That's a question every person gets asks when interviewing for a JOB. Which I think is what Chris considers  his wife's role to be.

While watching, I was wondering what Kelsey thought about herself, her THs and the edit she got, like the switch from her TH to a shot of the full moon and howling wolf VO. I was wondering if she still thinks she's the hottest item on earth. If so, more power to you, you self-deluded fool.

But if she's skooting off to Paris, and before TWTA, then I suspect (and hope) she saw herself for the nasty person she is. As one poster put it, "Ugly on the inside." Besides, they don't watch TB in France (except online/cable), so it's a safe destination for her.

• Love 1

I really hope we have seen the last of Kelsey, but she is aiming for some kind of stardom. And having a Master's degree doesn't mean you have to be articulate.

And is she even that well-spoken? She speaks clearly and deliberately, but I can't remember her using many GRE flashcard words.

Having said that, Ashley's an idiot if she doesn't know UT-Austin is a good school. No one's brought up her occupation ("freelance journalist"), btw. Does she have articles published in Vanity Fair and the Atlantic? Or is that code for blogger?

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 2

I'm betting that sweet  little horse of Becca's was trained to follow behind the lead horse.  That's what makes it safe to put a novice on it's back with no training.   Becca probably could have propped her feet up on it's neck and done her nails and it would have kept on walking in line.

From Chris's People blog, "What you didn't get to see was that, during our date, Becca's horse went rogue and galloped down a hill past mine. Her horse ran into my leg and nearly knocked me off!"

Chris is an awful, awful, awful Bachelor. 

• Love 4

Britt is gorgeous and does seem friendly. But wasn't she sitting cuddling cheerfully with Kelsey this week or last only to be celebrating her departure with all the others? They don't seem to dislike her, even with her obvious (and tacky, Chris) frontrunner status so she knows how to compete without making enemies. However, I think she's a complete phony whose only there to become the next TBette, so...there's that.

Chris sold Britt down the river as well as Ashley last night. If he wrote in People that the concert was going to be their secret, what did he think the other girls were going to think they were doing for an hour? A concert is a better explanation than leaving it to the imagination. He should have just told them--if for no other reason, than to be a gentleman to Britt even if he doesn't give a damn about anyone else's feelings, it would avoid making her look bad to them. He's not the most thoughtful guy around, is he? (See also: confronting Kelsey and blabbing about Ashley's info.)

But..I loved the episode. It is approaching performance art now. Not the actual musical performance (that was awful although one has to appreciate the producers wanted a chance to play "Save a Horse, Ride a ... Farm Boy")  But who thought of setting up a queen sized canopy BED in the middle of the Badlands for the 2 on 1 DATE? There was something so wonderfully and bizarrely Fellini-esque about that scene, esp. after Chris ratted out Ashley and left the two alone side by side in chilly silence, as Ashley took a sip of wine and Kelsey glowered, "I know what you did."  Hilarious! (And..where exactly did he go? There was pretty much no place to hide. Maybe he mosied over to the crew's trailer and hid out there for a while.  Then off in a helicopter leaving the two women wandering the Badlands in separate directions, viewed by aerial shot. Too funny. (At least production had the sense to cart them off in two separate vans for a looonnng drive back, apparently).

Ashley was cute on Jimmy Kimmel last night and said that moment with Ashley giving her the death stare was "seriously the most terrifying moment of my life". She looked great and seemed like a good sport, though. So changeable! Said they hadn't seen each other since that moment and doesn't know what to expect from TWTA which is filming this weekend. I thought she came across pretty well and seems to have a good sense of humor about the experience. I don't know if the exit topped Andy leaving the girl on the deck of the destroyer, or that "pledge you my heart" guy who got left on the mountain top, but imo the "bed in a desert" date with two apparent nutcases was a surreal classic.

I wonder if Kelsey's really going to France. It sounds like a conveniently pretentious escape ("I'm so cultured! Here in France!") but it wouldn't surprise me if she was really holed up in some relatives' house somewhere much less high tone. But maybe no expense is too great to escape participating in TWTA!

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4

From Chris's People blog, "What you didn't get to see was that, during our date, Becca's horse went rogue and galloped down a hill past mine. Her horse ran into my leg and nearly knocked me off!"

Oh, now THAT would have been comedy gold, a much better ending sequence than the shooting-cans-off-a-log at two paces that we got. We did get a quick glimpse of the donkey making a break for it after it gets scared. Like horses/donkeys just stand around and wait for people without being tied up.

Just because Chris grew up on a farm doesn't mean he knows jack about horses. Most farmers won't have any animal that doesn't earn its keep (meaning it can be eaten once fattened up), plus horses are hell on fences. Farmers don't like them at all. Nor do they have use for dogs, unless they use them for a job like herding livestock. 

• Love 3

About Britt's cuddling... I wonder if it is a very calculated move on her part to get more screen time. Like, in her head she is attempting to figure out which of the women will be the focus in any given week. Clearly, this week would be Kelsey, so there she was, all cheek-to-shoulder with Kelsey. I remember she cuddled up to Jillian a lot, too; Jillian's aggressive personality and impressive muscles would also likely have seemed a lock for substantial screen time. I haven't seen her nestling up to Samantha, say, or Jade, or any of the more quiet women.

Edited by clee39
  • Love 5

Why didn't they show that part

Oh, now THAT would have been comedy gold, a much better ending sequence than the shooting-cans-off-a-log at two paces that we got. We did get a quick glimpse of the donkey making a break for it after it gets scared. Like horses/donkeys just stand around and wait for people without being tied up.

Just because Chris grew up on a farm doesn't mean he knows jack about horses. Most farmers won't have any animal that doesn't earn its keep (meaning it can be eaten once fattened up), plus horses are hell on fences. Farmers don't like them at all. Nor do they have use for dogs, unless they use them for a job like herding livestock. 

I guess so! But for us city folk it's still pretty surprising to see he didn't even know the right side to get on a horse. That scene with Becca's horse running away must have been very scary for her, but would have been great for us to watch. I guess they didn't want to break the illusion that Chris is some kind of macho horseman. He probably just sat there helplessly like a lump and they're trying to save -some- illusion that he's a great guy of some sort. (Seeing her shoot better than he did was pretty funny though.)  I can't figure out why any of the remaining women would be interested in him. He's dull and not even very nice or considerate. 365 days with him on a farm in Arlington, pop 400? No, thank you! 

• Love 2

365 days with him on a farm in Arlington, pop 400? No, thank you!

I know, right? (Sorry, can't help it.) I'm all about the farm and live way away from town on one myself, but I swear to the gods, I'd end up thinking how to escape from this guy if I were pinned in with Chris and his falsetto laugh and ultra-right-wing viewpoints 24/7.

I hope that runaway horse video shows up at ATFR. I'm betting both had to be rescued by crew/wranglers. I really, really want to see it. "That's GOLD, Jerry, comedy GOLD!" -- Kenny Banya

• Love 1
Most farmers won't have any animal that doesn't earn its keep (meaning it can be eaten once fattened up), plus horses are hell on fences.

That's been my experience here in Ohio farm country.  My neighbors are retired farmers (sold up for eighteen million) and they hate my mini-dachshund, blaming her for the eight inch high piles left by the big strays.

Poor Becca!  Runaway horse and then having to shoot the gun.  I always think that looks like it would hurt your elbows and all because women shooting guns turns Chris on.  What does that tell us?

• Love 1

It would make a twisted kind of sense for Kelsey to get an interview with Chris instead of participating in the WTA.  Can you imagine how many paramedics, body guards and mental health professionals they'd need on standby for that taping?  Since the rest of the girls have now seen ALL of Kelsey's televised antics, leaving the country before sounds like the safest bet for her! 

It would make a twisted kind of sense for Kelsey to get an interview with Chris instead of participating in the WTA.

I wonder if that's what happens. I cannot imagine TPTB letting all that cray-zee get away so easily.

because women shooting guns turns Chris on.  What does that tell us?

That Chris would have been perfect for Andi, she of the shooting-range date.

Target shooting is great fun, but standing and shooting a pistol (and hitting anything) is not easy. I've shot a .357 and the kick is something to consider. Plus, I was disappointed I could not hit anything with it (standing like on that date) when I am (read: used to be) a crack shot with a rifle. Of course, if my targets were only a couple of feet in front of me (like on that date!), I would have scored better.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

With news that Kelsey will be in France for the foreseeable future, I wonder if she'll be absent from WTA... Is Paris just a cop-out for her to avoid having to get grilled?

From the article, she leaves for France today, and doesn't sound like she's coming back any time soon... (Sorry France)

The article says Kelsey is going to France for two weeks, then returning for "the birth of her nephew."  Then she will be returning to France later.  If two weeks coincides with the WTA, then I would expect to see Kelsey there.

• Love 1

Looks like next week in Iowa is when reality hits Britt.

I cannot wait. I imagine some of these women -- who haven't spent time in or near truly rural, isolated towns -- were imagining some white-picket-fence fantasy like the Gilmore Girls town with it's park and gazebo, and flower baskets hanging on lamp posts lining the clean, well-kept streets. Not a wide spot in the road with a single general store that specializes in cow feed and hay. Even most homes won't be in or near town -- they may have an Arlington address, but I bet Chris still has to hop in the truck to get to the store.

• Love 6

Well, I've seen every season of this dumb show.  I know, right?  However, I don't think I can recall a Bachelor or Bachelorette that was as rude on a group date as Chris was on this one.  I know it's a game and there are no rules, but this was really bad.  

This season reeks of Des/Brooks.

Edited by limecoke
  • Love 1

Her very odd, very random bouncing up and down resembled that of toddler given the command to dance.  She had no idea what the song was or what the approximate tempo might be.

Riiiight, because Hollywood is an isolated place, where no country music is ever heard. I call bull***t on Britt's claim at the concert when she cried out "I love this song!" As if she had never heard country music before. Because she hails from Outer Mongolia, apparently. I think she hates country music (I'm also not a fan), but is being fake as usual and trying to be what Chris wants. Like saying last week that she wanted 100 children, after telling someone in the house she didn't want kids at all. If her connection with Chris was genuine, it would be OK if she didn't like country music -- since when is shared musical tastes a requirement for a relationship? That's first-date stuff anyway, and they should be past it by now.

I also thought some of Britt's expressions when Chris was (crappily) singing his (crappy) song were way OTT, and completely fake.

I wish the other women had gone down the street to gamble, drink, and flirt instead of sitting there waiting for the King to return. Blech.

• Love 4