Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E06: Week 6

• Start Topic

I have a hard time understanding the women who are left. Really, if it were me, it would seem like Britt was the frontrunner, then she and Chris "napped" for two hours n his hotel room (I'd be convinced they had sex) and now he wants to be her boyfriend, period. The indications are all there and everything and everyone else is just "going through the motions".

I doubt the producers told him to just ignore the women writing him love songs and make out in front of them or to run away to the concert without a word or to come back holding hands. I think those little touches were his own thinking and they just went with it, wondering what new "drama" and "conflict!" it would bring.

I really don't understand why they didn't just leave either permanently or to go back to the hotel.  If I waited for the RC to go home (and I might), it would be for the pleasure of getting a rose and telling him, "No, I don't think so. But good luck!"  They apparently have the choice to leave. I just don't see why this doofus has the appeal for any of them. But apparently the reality of Arlington, Iowa (pop: 400) opens some of their eyes, at least, even if Chris himself doesn't.

• Love 2
But apparently the reality of Arlington, Iowa (pop: 400) opens some of their eyes, at least, even if Chris himself doesn't.

My dream is for the women to visit his Iowa farm, see the town, and then, at the rose ceremony:

will you accept this rose?  

No, I don't think I can be a farm wife

Will you accept this rose?

Um, no, i guess not

will you accept this rose?

sorry, but like, I don't think so

WILL ANYBODY ACCEPT THIS ROSE?  PLEASE? You can have all the roses!  

because, really, there isn't one woman there who is going to give up her life for what he has to offer.  

• Love 11

Thinking back to other recent Bachelors I was unsure to the very end who they had picked.  Some of you body language experts knew, but when it became clear later that they had pretty much made their choice on the first night -- Sean for Catherine, Brad for Emily, for example -- I was surprised.  Chris is not only charmless and inarticulate, he's a terrible actor.  He has made it so obvious that he prefers Britt, that I can't believe he's into any of the other girls even when he calls them all beautiful and prefect after their dates. 

Just before they ran off to the concert they were chest to chest and Britt held her big smiling face up to him about five inches from his face.  Then he interviews that he just doesn't know what it is but he and Britt have "such chemistry."  Duh, Chris.  I thought Ben was putty in Courtney's hands, but this is just pathetic to watch.

• Love 4

Britt is a beautiful woman and I can see why Sean is drawn to her but I can't see her living in a small town shucking corn, but then again she doesn't shower for two weeks.

I guess this proves how boring and lackluster Chris is - viewers can't even remember his name.

• Love 13

I would live in a small town and shuck corn if the alternative was to live in say Cali with Chris' doofusy ass.

He's officially worse in my book than Flapjack,   because Flapjack was the kind you could avidly hate watch.   Chris is just boring, selfish, and wooden.    

I would live in a small town and shuck corn if the alternative was to live in say Cali with Chris' doofusy ass.

He's officially worse in my book than Flapjack, because Flapjack was the kind you could avidly hate watch. Chris is just boring, selfish, and wooden.

I'd marry him as long as didnt make me sign a prenup, haha.

He just doesn't seem like a prize. It seems about 90% Chris and Britt goes along because she's smart enough to understand her enviable position

Even on the 2 on 1 date it seems a kick ass guy would acknowledge the elephant and say "let's still the make the most of this". Instead we got Chris looking severely constipated and there might as well been thought bubbles saying "shit! What do I do". I think when you're the lead, you've got a lot of power. So had he asked those 2 to try to let the other stuff go for a bit, I think they would have half ass tried. Instead it turned into Gossip Girl, xoxo.

Mind you I think the outcome would have been the same. But in a sense, the lead is the host, and he should have done better with his guests. And I know the token Producer card is about to be thrown, but I'm going to trump it and call bullshit, if the lead wants to play something a certain way (like with maturity and grace), they're going to let him.

• Love 3

I found that interesting too; I thought I was the only one. Thanks for pointing that out...haha.

This bummed me out too.  A "plus size" model is really only the size of the average American woman.  She's probably a size 12 to 14.  There's not a DAMN thing wrong with that and I should know.  I've been every size from 8 to 28 in my adult life.  I really wish more realistically sized women would be cast.  A woman with a bit of curve to her is far different from a woman who'd be called "fat".  And even if she were a size 16 or above, what makes her less desirable?  If she's charming, intelligent, well spoken and everything else why on EARTH would her average weight make her less desirable?  The producers are missing a HUGE chance here to help young women's self esteem by casting women over a size 2.  I have no problem with women of tiny size but DIVERSITY is the key here.  Just as we'd all love to see an African American bachelor we'd like to see any woman over size 4 on the show.  And the one time we did she went home the first night.  And AFTER he said he prefers slender women.  So WHY cast her at all?  For me personally I'm not particularly attracted to men with dark skin be they black, hispanic or asian so why even bother casting someone I'd likely not be physically attracted to?.  That doesn't mean I'm racist, it's just my preferance.  So ok, if I were the b-ettte it's not likely a man of dark color would get too far.  Though I'd have tried really hard with Marquel! I'm sick and tired of empty headed white men who only choose empty headed skinny white women on this show.  Let's have some diversity!

Edited by Shugardrawers
  • Love 2

I think it's hilarious that Chris is falling for the one woman who is obviously an actress.  And she's incredibly good at making him want her.  As someone mentioned above, it's Des and Brooks all over again.  Hopefully, next week Britt will leave and Chris will see just what a dumbass he's been.

• Love 1

I think it's hilarious that Chris is falling for the one woman who is obviously an actress.  And she's incredibly good at making him want her.  As someone mentioned above, it's Des and Brooks all over again. 

Except for the part about making the lead want her/him - it never would have occurred to Brooks to do the Britt's night 1 moves acting all huggy and kissy and ingratiating himself. Des was way more interested in Brooks than he in her, from the start.

Britt poured it on thick. Des found love and marriage with someone else her season. So if things implode with Britt, Chris could too. 

Late to the party but how can anyone blame Chris for going off with Britt? This show is completely produced and for all we know the contract might be so strict that they just have to do what they are instructed to. And masters degree doesn't always equal smart or sane. I have a few friends who have masters degrees and they aren't very bright in the real world. I only have 2 years of college and I have a lot more common sense than them.

• Love 1

But you CAN develop chemistry with someone other than your first pick.  Des just proved that.

So did Ashley and JP (Bachelorette). She was all about that d-bag Bentley, even after he left and she held out hope that they could someday be together (a thought that he encouraged, even though he wasn't the least bit interested!)

Shugardrawers, you need to get over to the Media thread and read the Huffington Post link JenE4 posted yesterday. That will tell you all you need to know about why this show does not and never will cast the over-sized nor any not-lilly-white contestants. I said over there that the article should be required reading for everyone who posts here. The main casting requirement for women is they look good in a hot tub. Go now, and read!

• Love 1

I just now noticed on rematch that when the girls are toasting Kelsey's departure, someone says, "We're immeasurably blessed!" So Kelsey must have spouted that enough for them to pick up on it and mock her for it.

• Love 8

I just now noticed on rematch that when the girls are toasting Kelsey's departure, someone says, "We're immeasurably blessed!" So Kelsey must have spouted that enough for them to pick up on it and mock her for it.

Yep I noticed this the moment one girl said it and I found the editing really amusing. At the moment I thought that someone from the production had asked one of the girls to say this quote just for the fun of it, but I guess it was something Kelsey was saying a lot so the girls used it to mock her as you said. Hillarious :P

But you CAN develop chemistry with someone other than your first pick

See, I think the exact opposite. Chemistry to me is instantaneous, visual, auditory and electric.  It hits you right between the eyes and the LAST thing you want to do is stop looking at the person, listening to them and touching them.  You don't want to break that connection.

The gradual process of developing a connection to someone is altogether different to me. That's falling in love.

• Love 3

Kelsey must've been a real pill for so many girls to hate her that much. Can't blame editing!

Seriously - production probably couldn't have even faked that whole "celebration" scene when her suitcase disappeared. I find it pretty impressive that a bunch of women who seem fairly fake themselves could spot a liar so well. (IMO and all - maybe she wasn't lying about any of it)

• Love 2
Mind you I think the outcome would have been the same. But in a sense, the lead is the host, and he should have done better with his guests. And I know the token Producer card is about to be thrown, but I'm going to trump it and call bullshit, if the lead wants to play something a certain way (like with maturity and grace), they're going to let him.

Exactly. Of course the producers set up the concert date with the rose — I didn’t see anyone seriously proposing that Chris came up with that idea on his own (he's so not a rule-breaker or out-of-the-box thinker). It’s all in how Chris handled it, and he did so poorly. And no producer forced him to mack on Britt in front of the other ladies while they were writing supposed love songs to him, or to hold Britt’s hand when they came back into the room. That's alllll Chris.

• Love 2