Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

You'd think she's the first woman ever to have a baby.

OMG, yes!  Like some women I have known in real life who act not only like they are the first, and will be the only to ever give birth, but the child is destined for greatness as well...only she gets a stage,costumes, and a microphone too.  Too much...my eyes are still rolling.  She's got enough talent that it could be all about the music.  She doesn't need the sideshow that some lesser talented singers needs to stay relevant.

• Love 9

Totally concur -- loved it for Prince!! Can only imagine if Bruno had done the George Michael tribute.  It needed THAT energy to properly honor George.  Very well done, Bruno.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 13

Rihanna is my spirit animal because I would definitely show up to this thing alcohol in hand (and I might've shown up to a few events alcohol ready as well heh).

I picked up a flask that looks like a sunscreen bottle at a winery a few summers ago. My mom got me a wine bra for Christmas as a joke, but it comes in handy and makes my boobs look bigger! Well, until I drink the wine. Though I do not know what all this says about me.

• Love 15

Celine Dion broke my heart a little bit on the red carpet when she said sometimes it feels like Rene's death was three years ago and sometimes like it's not happening.

Word. Celine truly loved Rene, and he truly loved her. And you think about the fact that he'd been in her life since she was a child and now she's a woman of a certain age...it's really bittersweet.

Great tribute by The Time and Bruno Mars. Prince had so many great songs, it's hard to feel a little disappointed because there weren't more. But still, that was a good tribute. Also: go Asian chick on the commercial singing "Nothing Compares 2 U". Eesh. I would've loved if that they got Sinead to sing...nevermind. Sinead is on Pluto, Jupiter, and Mars.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:
5 minutes ago, AuntieL said:

I'm not sure I knew Paul Williams was still alive. 

There's actually a documentary called "Paul Williams - Still Alive"

It is a great documentary.  I ended up really liking Paul William.  He had such success and nearly lost everything, including his life.  He has been clean and sober for about 20 years.  What struck me was the fact that he seemed so grateful for what he has today.  When he won a Grammy a few years ago I was so happy for him.  I think the documentary was on Showtime.    

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

I picked up a flask that looks like a sunscreen bottle at a winery a few summers ago. My mom got me a wine bra for Christmas as a joke, but it comes in handy and makes my boobs look bigger! Well, until I drink the wine. Though I do not know what all this says about me.

It says you have a really thoughtful mom?

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I thought that too - like, can Bruno just do ALL the tributes? GM, BeeGees, Prince - let's just contract him for any performer!

That's how my husband thinks, but regarding Super Bowl halftime shows- Bruno Mars should be in one every single year.

I love Pentatonix. 

• Love 5

LOVE LOVE love the Prince tribute, so much better than Bowie's tribute last year. Yea for The Time and Bruno Mars!  I was dancing the whole time. Cried during Lets Go Crazy just like I did when I saw Prince in concert twice. Better than GM (I did love Adele's  tribute, I cried like a baby, but GM was so full of life his tribute should of reflected it). Would it of been great to have crazy Sinead there and the Bangles singing their Prince songs?  And the Revolution too? 

• Love 5

I like Pentatonix, but I always feel like they're kind of a YouTube-gimmick-made-good. Even though they've sold a bunch of records and won a couple of Grammys, they still just seem like a couple of kids doing boom-boom-keesh acapella version of soulless Top 40 pop hits. I don't know why.

• Love 10

I like Pentatonix, but I always feel like they're kind of a YouTube-gimmick-made-good. Even though they've sold a bunch of records and won a couple of Grammys, they still just seem like a couple of kids doing boom-boom-keesh acapella version of soulless Top 40 pop hits. I don't know why.

I think you described why I do not enjoy Pentatonix.

I love Chance the Rapper.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

James Corden did a good job at the Tony's but this one isn't nearly as good.

He's good at the Tonys because he's a theatre geek.  So it mostly works.  

I know he does that thing in the car on his show, but it's not really translating here.

Edited by ebk57
because when you change the verb, you have to go back and change the subject
  • Love 5

I don't know, I think James Corden's doing an ok job. He's a music fan and that comes through. His tribute to GM was heartfelt and he was really getting into the Prince tribute. Some of his stuff is corny but I think that's just the nature of hosting. It is kind of a thankless job

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, 27bored said:

I'll just say this in defense of Pentatonix then I will shut up. Check out their original song "Ref"-- it's a great fuck-you song for any ex who is trying to get back with you. (Actually written in response to Epic Records who dropped them from the record contract they won for The Sing-Off, then came calling after their Christmas songs started to take off in popularity.)

• Love 3

He's good at the Tonys because he's a theatre geek.  So it mostly works.  

Kinda like how Neil Patrick Harris didn't really translate to the Oscars.

I think James is doing what he can, though.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, AuntieL said:

I don't know, I think James Corden's doing an ok job. He's a music fan and that comes through. His tribute to GM was heartfelt and he was really getting into the Prince tribute. Some of his stuff is corny but I think that's just the nature of hosting. It is kind of a thankless job

At least we avoided the time-honored Grammy drinking game of taking a pull every time LL licked his lips...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Kinda like how Neil Patrick Harris didn't really translate to the Oscars.

I think James is doing what he can, though.

He's also enjoying himself, which is really nice to see.

• Love 1