Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Wife Swap of 2014: The Dark Wife Rises

• Start Topic

Why is it that I giggle everytime I see the title of this thread? So Perfect!!!

So... who thinks a wife will leave the family compound? I think Meri is, and possibly Christine (but not for awhile).

What do you guys think? Is anyone leaving and who?

I don't think anyone is leaving while the cameras are rolling and the TLC checks are clearing. Afterwards is anyone's guess but these women are so brainwashed that I don't hold out much hope of any of them making a great escape. It would be great and I wish and hope for it but I don't think I would put any money on it. It will be interesting to see what happens when (not if) the contractor repossesses their mcmansions and kicks them out without a wetbar to serve pastries on.

The whole bid to pass the great wife swap off as Meri's idea, which is BS, makes me now disbelieve damn near everything Kody has claimed to have been done based on Meri's urging. It was all Meri's idea to add the 2nd wife? It was Meri's idea to court Robyn? In fact Meri had to practically put him in a headlock to court Robyn because she was used & tainted goods with an ex-husband and kids. Yeah right! I always found it suspect that decisions to expand the family were laid damn near mostly at Meri's feet. I don't believe a man who has declared that the emotional well-being of his wives are not his concern and believes in all the selfish and self-centered tenets of polygamy would wholesale give the power of when and whom to add a wife up to a woman even if she is wife numero uno.  I believe all this was presented to Meri as a fait accompli and she had no choice due to her background and beliefs but to acquiese. It would take a lot for me to believe that she was the spearheading force in keeping Kody wifed up! Going out and finding candidates for Kody? Please. Yeah I know I wasn't there and don't know these people but I still call bullshit on all this revisionist history. I wonder if Meri is at the point that Kody has said it so many times that she actually now believes all this shit to be true.

Kody really overplayed his hand on this story.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 12

Gary has too much hair and is a bit too good looking to play Kody....hahahaha

Yes, and he's far too sedate and grounded to make a believable Kody, as well. Next to Kody, Gary Busey is a veritable John Houseman.

Edited because grammar matters.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 3

Robyn is going to be the official owner of the wet bar because she is now wife # 1.

I wonder if Meri will give up the wet bar (house) without a fight.

Well Meri's was only "legal Wife's house" because she was legally married to Kody when they bought the plots. That's its only legal significance, all the wives designed their own houses from limited plans and their own/kids/Kody's tastes. Robyn's house now becomes the "legal wife's house" without her having to move across the cul de sac. Meri almost certain retains wife #1 position officially as a way to justify this to herself. Even in the monogamous system she is still unquestionably his first wife, its just that that doesn't generally acknowledge that "spiritual wives" #2 and #3 got passed over so to the state of Nevada Robyn is # . There are some sects that marry everyone in turn and they seem to keep with the order in which they married. Obviously this doesn't mean that in reality wife #7 is the favourite and has "top dog" position ala Abilene Grant or that those involved can't make up their own justifications for "it really is about the power and sex" shenanigans.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

She tries to make a point here

about how it doesn't work if you don't get along with the women, even if you love the man, or love the man but don't like the women- and speaks about how she got along with Meri -which must have sucked for Janelle, because if she tried harder to be friends with Christine, that would only make Meri treat her worse , or maybe the fear was there that would happen. Janelle was likely at work and Meri and Christine were hanging out at home, and Janelle couldn't very well confide in Christine about her rift with Meri for fear she might run and blab to Meri . Maybe that even happened?  Meanwhile, it is telling in the you tube link that Kody doesn't get her point and instead says something about well, the thing is you are marrying the man first, not the women... probably if it were just those two, it would have been kind of a nightmare. They just have very differing weltanschauungs about relationships.

This video made me think about just how weird it would be to be a single woman in their religion.  Most women feel married men are taboo, and although you can't always control who you're attracted to, it's a line we will not cross.  In this religion, it's the exact opposite.  Always on the prowl - married, single, whatever.  Sizing up every man you meet at church, in the grocery store, PTA meeting, doctor's office.  Your friend's father, your co-workers son, your grandma's nephew, your sister's husband, your former SIL's husband - I think it would overwhelm me to always be on and searching like that.  It sounds absolutely exhausting.  And while it's great that they realize chemistry with a man is essential, they are too naïve to differentiate great sexual chemistry, and what it takes to be compatible in a marriage.

• Love 3

Love the thread title- The Dark Wife Rises - BBBWWWAAHHH!

I have always considered Kody kind of a harmless dolt- so many good memories of him running around the 4 lots on the cult-de-sac, those beady little eyes looking confused all of the time, the endless flowing locks- but now this divorce and remarriage? I will continue to love on the snark here at PTV, but I will not watch again.  I feel for Christine and Janelle- Meri is an idiot and Robyn is a stealth bitch. Maybe I'll be the one lost viewer that pulls the plug on this foolishness Looking forward to reading that the TLC gravy train is leaving Vegas.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 6

This video made me think about just how weird it would be to be a single woman in their religion.  Most women feel married men are taboo, and although you can't always control who you're attracted to, it's a line we will not cross.  In this religion, it's the exact opposite.  Always on the prowl - married, single, whatever.  Sizing up every man you meet at church, in the grocery store, PTA meeting, doctor's office.  Your friend's father, your co-workers son, your grandma's nephew, your sister's husband, your former SIL's husband - I think it would overwhelm me to always be on and searching like that.  It sounds absolutely exhausting.  And while it's great that they realize chemistry with a man is essential, they are too naïve to differentiate great sexual chemistry, and what it takes to be compatible in a marriage.

I think it probably is a head trip to be in their religion but not really a smorgasbroad of "go up to a man you are attracted to even if he is married and suggest that you meet up for drinks". It seems in a lot of groups much more tightly controlled (by the men usually) than that. *Maybe* that describes Robyn's (and others like her) entry to Kody's "Priesthood" but in Centenniel Park it seems clear that The Elders assign wives to men even though they manipulate the women into thinking they are doing the choosing or that The Elders have received revelation from God.

I really don't think most polygamous communities take sexual/chemical compatibility into consideration. Lust on the male end maybe, but its all about popping out as many kids as possible, even if you don't like one or more particular wife and I can't believe they stress compatibility between man and women in marriages  where there might be more than 10 women to one man. And its unlikely that 10 other women have been *honestly* asked if they can stand you in the group.

• Love 1

Two comments: 1) Applause to the person who said Christine is just like Niikki from Big Love.

Polyg royalty, the one he married for status and never really loved (although I think they added that part later seasons), super paranoid, sweet on the outside but full of wrath to the newer wives on the outside, head over heels in debt, added on partially bc First Wife couldn't have more kids, etc.

2) Judge Judy's #1 Burning question to the Browns should be "If you can't share a kitchen, how do you expect to share a planet?"

• Love 4

Two comments: 1) Applause to the person who said Christine is just like Niikki from Big Love.

Polyg royalty, the one he married for status and never really loved (although I think they added that part later seasons), super paranoid, sweet on the outside but full of wrath to the newer wives on the outside, head over heels in debt, added on partially bc First Wife couldn't have more kids, etc.

2) Judge Judy's #1 Burning question to the Browns should be "If you can't share a kitchen, how do you expect to share a planet?"

re #1 item   Yep Chris is big on the passive-aggressive scary, just like Nikki - although I don't know if she was always that way or if this life turns people into that to survive -refer back to the awkward Christine/Robyn lunch where Christine can barely eke out the BS. " I wanted to be your friend, but it just didn't happen' and " I used to be the most secure person I knew, it was good , it was easy" (subtext being 'before you came along and effed itup beeeyotch') all the rest of the crap said in the most deadpan, scary-voiced tone possible and of course the Eyes of Death . Did she really think it came off any other way but that? TLC must have forced that lunch on them. Oh and when  the anthrowhatevers came over and said "we don't want you to treat us like a guest.." Chris chimes in immediately with "Oh well , that's going to be hard for us since we treat everyone like a guest " which is code for  " I really don't want to put up with this dude who looks like he is going to an eminem concert and his little velociraptor-toothed chick one second more than I have to."

• Love 2

I'm surprised TLC didn't grab the opportunity for a spinoff on Robyn with scripted episodes with Kody, with her/theirkids, with the business, with her ex, etc. Now  there's the option of Meri: Unmarried Lady. If they wait long enough ( which may not be that long at all ) they can do a mini-series on Christine's Great Escape.

• Love 2

I think it probably is a head trip to be in their religion but not really a smorgasbroad of "go up to a man you are attracted to even if he is married and suggest that you meet up for drinks". It seems in a lot of groups much more tightly controlled (by the men usually) than that. *Maybe* that describes Robyn's (and others like her) entry to Kody's "Priesthood" but in Centenniel Park it seems clear that The Elders assign wives to men even though they manipulate the women into thinking they are doing the choosing or that The Elders have received revelation from God.

I really don't think most polygamous communities take sexual/chemical compatibility into consideration. Lust on the male end maybe, but its all about popping out as many kids as possible, even if you don't like one or more particular wife and I can't believe they stress compatibility between man and women in marriages  where there might be more than 10 women to one man. And its unlikely that 10 other women have been *honestly* asked if they can stand you in the group.

in the video, Christine specifically stated how important it was that she and Kody experienced chemistry, and that she hadn't with any other married men she encountered.  Sounded to me like always being on the prowl, always sizing up married men and testing chemistry.

As awful as their marital situation is, I don't really see the Browns going from a group completely under the control of elders of an ultra conservative religious community to poker playing, beer sipping, okay-with-potentially-gay or tank-top-without-a-turtleneck-underneath- wearing-kid-having, Vegas- where-there-are-no-other-people-of-their-faith-living, okay-with-children-converting-to-other-religions type people.  They were probably fringe in their church and maybe loosened up even further since then, but I assume they're pretty much what they always were.   

• Love 3

Christine specifically stated how important it was that she and Kody experienced chemistry,

I kind of view that as CHRISTINE needed to feel chemistry (ie. attraction or love) to her partner. She saw what happened in her parent's marriages and she had to see what was going on around her in other plyg marriages. She is the one with the rose-colored glasses, after all. Plyg marriages are not built on love and romance. In fact, those emotions and behaviors is what creates the problems you see with the Browns and Williams. The women think they have regular, romantic monogamous marriages in a polygamous situation, the men are just acquiring wives to make babies. I think for women in regular plyg marriages, it is a bad and depressing situation as it is, but for these women who try to make their plyg marriages love relationships, I think it is even worse. They can never have the whole, complete relationship they are chasing after.

• Love 9

So, here is a piece of speculation I have. 

Who are Robyn's kids from a previous marriage sealed to?

If her ex-husband left the AUB, then are the kids sealed to Kody? This might be a reason for the legal marriage, so that the AUB will seal her kids to Kody as their spiritual father. 

• Love 1

So, here is a piece of speculation I have. 

Who are Robyn's kids from a previous marriage sealed to?

If her ex-husband left the AUB, then are the kids sealed to Kody? This might be a reason for the legal marriage, so that the AUB will seal her kids to Kody as their spiritual father. 

Sealing has nothing to do with legal status.

• Love 1

I kind of view that as CHRISTINE needed to feel chemistry (ie. attraction or love) to her partner. She saw what happened in her parent's marriages and she had to see what was going on around her in other plyg marriages. She is the one with the rose-colored glasses, after all. Plyg marriages are not built on love and romance. In fact, those emotions and behaviors is what creates the problems you see with the Browns and Williams. The women think they have regular, romantic monogamous marriages in a polygamous situation, the men are just acquiring wives to make babies. I think for women in regular plyg marriages, it is a bad and depressing situation as it is, but for these women who try to make their plyg marriages love relationships, I think it is even worse. They can never have the whole, complete relationship they are chasing after.

Galloway, I don't know if you will agree (it's ok if you don't debate is great) with me on this but I think a big part of what made everything worse, as opposed to making everyone 'better' IMO is how  Kody acted, Robyn too but I guess I lamely thought OK, they're on freakin TV, maybe they will sorta act somewhat dignified about the whole courtship thing- as opposed to Kody wanting to scoot out of there to go on his Robyn road trips like he was a weasel in heat.  I remember one of the early episodes Christine was saying something like "I haven't even met this person."  You'd have thought  Robyn would have spent more time getting to know each of them individually, like let's go out for some coffee and just hang out a bit kind of thing, I don't know,maybe she did at some point, but it was a long drive but still- set something up. Apparently Meri already knew her from somewhere, but the other two had not.

To go to your point about the romance part maybe not being the way to go in this type of situation , maybe Janelle is better off having some emotional distance not having had this romance novel relationship with Kody, although on some level it has to have hurt watching how he acted, maybe especially if one never had that, or in the case of Meri and Christine, had been in a long-term enough relationship that one is past all that gaga stuff- and Kody and Robyn were not starry-eyed dewy youths, it felt like neither one was really thinking about how it was affecting the whole.

• Love 1

As awful as their marital situation is, I don't really see the Browns going from a group completely under the control of elders of an ultra conservative religious community to poker playing, beer sipping, okay-with-potentially-gay or tank-top-without-a-turtleneck-underneath- wearing-kid-having, Vegas- where-there-are-no-other-people-of-their-faith-living, okay-with-children-converting-to-other-religions type people.  They were probably fringe in their church and maybe loosened up even further since then, but I assume they're pretty much what they always were.

The Browns don't seem all that religious to me, or even all that conservative. They seem to throw religion out there to justify their polygamy, but you never hear them talk about God otherwise, and they don't seem to care that none of their children except Mariah want to live the Principle. Other fundamentalist religious people would be devastated if their child left their faith. The Browns only seem concerned about their daughters' virginity, but beyond that, nothing. Logan said he's not even religious at this point. They're basically 5 adults with one legal marriage and 3 shackups. Spiritual union my ass. I don't even buy that they're worshipping every Sunday. That looked made up for the show.

• Love 5

I think they can probably "spin" their income.  From what I've heard, the TLC money goes into a corporation.  So, technically, the individuals aren't getting income from that.  And if TLC paid for the trip to Hawaii, they could say it was a free trip and didn't cost them a dime.  This family is sooooo screwed up.

This family is a screwed up crazy like a fox. I had to work hard for everything while the B's live in lazee ass luxury. And since the $$$ goes into a corporate fund, reporting them to welfare, IRS, whatever will do zero good. All we can do is hope karma catches up to them.

The Browns don't seem all that religious to me, or even all that conservative. They seem to throw religion out there to justify their polygamy, but you never hear them talk about God otherwise, and they don't seem to care that none of their children except Mariah want to live the Principle. Other fundamentalist religious people would be devastated if their child left their faith. The Browns only seem concerned about their daughters' virginity, but beyond that, nothing. Logan said he's not even religious at this point. They're basically 5 adults with one legal marriage and 3 shackups. Spiritual union my ass. I don't even buy that they're worshipping every Sunday. That looked made up for the show.

IMO substitute " babysitting " for "virginity" and that's what the Browns are concerned about.

• Love 1

Among the first responses from Kody involved ROBYN in this clip. It wasn't supposed to be about ROBYN, it was about Meri. I would like to know when this actually happened: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/sister-wives/videos/meri-is-gong-back-to-school/

Ginger90, thank you for the clip. After viewing it, now I can comment.Robyn was, indeed, relevant, to the entire thing being her babysitting help would be withdrawn.

Kody and Robyn were not starry-eyed dewy youths, it felt like neither one was really thinking about how it was affecting the whole.

Black Widow, I think we are pretty much talking about the same thing in our posts. I was referring to plyg marriages in general for the majority of that post. Christine and Meri tried to make their marriages romantic marriages and have struggled the entire marriage to do so. Kody has done nothing to help. Janelle has always been satisfied with her buddy-buddy situation. But I think I do disagree with your statement I quoted above- Kody and Robyn DID get starry-eyed (non-youths though!) with each other. I think it was the second time for Kody because I think he was a bit starry-eyed with Meri in the beginning. Robyn treated Kody and her relationship as a monogamous one from the get-go and didn't give a crap about the other wives, no matter what she said in the talking heads. Her previous marriage was a mono one and she has no experience in a plyg marriage, so she is doing what she knows.

• Love 2

I wonder what happens now with Meri's house, since Kody's name is on it with hers. Will he remove his name from that house and add his name to Robyn's house? Leave things as is? 

Cool idea to remove his name! I say that due to imagining the future episodes revolving around Meri's state of mind & frantic actions. Once she

removes herself from the family as well as marriage, no viewer would have interest in her. I also like the fact it'll take the focus off Robyn who'll have to come up with something to get it back. Lemme think  now....another business or baby?

Edited by youcantbeserious

Kody's name will likely stay on his and Meri's home.  It's probably too much effort to take it off.  When people get a real divorce it's not that easy to just take a name off the paperwork in terms of the loan(s).  The person who plans to stay has to prove that they can afford it.  Which might not be that hard for Meri since they all proved they can afford their homes on their own (the ones that aren't really married) but probably still a lot of effort for something that likely doesn't matter to them.   Title might be a different story. 

Except if Kody and Robin declare bankruptcy next year (or whenever) and he's still on Meri's house, that puts the house on the line, doesn't it?  As an asset?

I'm assuming Kody will homestead the one he's actually living in, and presumably you can't homestead more than one.

Except if Kody and Robin declare bankruptcy next year (or whenever) and he's still on Meri's house, that puts the house on the line, doesn't it?  As an asset?

Nevada is a community property state so I would guess yes. But, would it  be an asset or a liability?

Her previous marriage was a mono one and she has no experience in a plyg marriage, so she is doing what she knows.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yes, right you are. I can't understand it, either, being both Robin & her ex came from polygamous households. And he was from a notorious polygamous family, as well.

Robyn treated Kody and her relationship as a monogamous one from the get-go and didn't give a crap about the other wives, no matter what she said in the talking heads. Her previous marriage was a mono one and she has no experience in a plyg marriage, so she is doing what she knows.

Didn't Kody have to drive a couple of hours just to see her when they were "courting"? They have had probably more alone time than the other marriages.  Robyn always talks like she is the big pro at explaining plug. marriages, but she is really screwing her SW's over. She is probably the type to think "can't they see how happy we are? Why can't they get over their own anger and be happy for us?" (My) Hell, I don't even know these people and I'm pissed off for Christine and Janelle. Why were they both passed up for the legal marriage? IT IS NOT FAIR!!! (lol).

Edited by jellywager
  • Love 3

I remember one of the early episodes Christine was saying something like "I haven't even met this person."  You'd have thought  Robyn would have spent more time getting to know each of them individually, like let's go out for some coffee and just hang out a bit kind of thing, I don't know,maybe she did at some point, but it was a long drive but still- set something up. Apparently Meri already knew her from somewhere, but the other two had not.

Christine did say that. The way 'this person' was phrased may be for editing so they could 'reveal' Robyn, or it may be bc Kody/Meri/Robyn were sneaky, enjoyed having a really big conspiracy from the other wives, and Christine was floored when she learned what was going on - all while she was huge pregnant. The reason I think this, is because Christine and Robyn's exhusband are FIRST COUSINS. He's somehow a cousin to Kody, too. Robyn's divorce wasn't pleasant and she says being married to a prominent guy spread their dirty laundry everywhere, so no doubt in my mind that the second she started speaking with Kody/Meri, they had to be super stealth, or word would go straight to Christine and David's family. Christine and Robyn may not have been friends, but she definitely knew who she was and that she was perfect drama for the drama llama that is Kody.

Not kissing until marriage was a big deal for Christine, and Robyn lived with her ex before marriage and got knocked up (speeds up the process if a guy isn't sure), so I'd bet that scared her. Knowing Robyn was a little younger, cute and on the hunt, while Christine was huge pregnant couldn't have helped. I really think the dishonesty of sneaking was a huge betrayal to Christine, then to find out the sneakee was her cousin's manipulative exwife? Honestly, I don't know how Christine didn't murder Kody/Meri/Robyn on the spot.

• Love 4

I seem to recall a reference to threesomes in a question to the Browns once upon a time. They said they don't. Even if they don't do such things, they all have had sex with each other, in a way, just by their family tree. Meri has had sex with a man who has had sex with a woman who had sex with Meri's brother, for an example.

Knowing Robyn was a little younger, cute and on the hunt, while Christine was huge pregnant couldn't have helped. I really think the dishonesty of sneaking was a huge betrayal to Christine, then to find out the sneakee was her cousin's manipulative exwife? Honestly, I don't know how Christine didn't murder Kody/Meri/Robyn on the spot.

I don't know how Christine didn't murder Kody for making out with Robyn while she was in labor with Truly. That had to be the lowest I've ever seen Kody indulge in.

• Love 3

On the previews for the tell all ep, Kodouche is sweatin like a whore in church!

Plus Bobbyn and her bawling...honestly. .they know we all know..they filmed Meri telling them AFTER it blew up publicly.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 3

Razzle<<Christine did say that. The way 'this person' was phrased may be for editing so they could 'reveal' Robyn, or it may be bc Kody/Meri/Robyn were sneaky, enjoyed having a really big conspiracy from the other wives, and Christine was floored when she learned what was going on - all while she was huge pregnant. >>

>> I don't even know for sure when the 'Kobyn' thing started as far as how far back before the show- the old clips show Meri with long hair at some gathering with Robyn hugging and Kody sitting back like 'who da man' watching. So it's hard to know with the way production and getting to the show being on lags- did Christine and Janelle not really know anything until they started bringing Robyn around? There's got to be more we didn't see that they cut out cause the editing makes it not make sense. Maybe it makes sense to them. Any way ya slice it, you'd think 'Kobyn' could have been like , well, Christine is pregnant, for the sake of her health and the baby's, why don't we all keep hanging out and get to know each other and not do anything big until after Truly's birth. I know, I know, that's putting other people first, what a strange and archaic concept!

<<The reason I think this, is because Christine and Robyn's exhusband are FIRST COUSINS.>>

>>>Argghhhh will the wreath never cease? Jeeze, in plygworld, is everyone sorta related?<<<

<<<He's somehow a cousin to Kody, too.>>

>>> whatwhatwhat!! Ok so, her other kids are I don't even know to Kody relatedwise...<<<

<<Robyn's divorce wasn't pleasant and she says being married to a prominent guy spread their dirty laundry everywhere>>

>> So he is some plyg kingpin? I haven't heard jack about him in the media, don't think I have seen an interview or even a photo of this dude<<

<<so no doubt in my mind that the second she started speaking with Kody/Meri, they had to be super stealth, or word would go straight to Christine and David's family. Christine and Robyn may not have been friends, but she definitely knew who she was and that she was perfect drama for the drama llama that is Kody.>>

>> first cousins with Christine is pretty close, but then again, Janelle was married to Meri's brother, and her mom and Kody's mom were both married to Kody's dad,right? ermagerd this is hard to keep up with.. when you say  'she knew who she was- perfect drama' comment, you meant Christine knew who Robyn was or somehow put the pieces together and probably went ackkkkkk - I don't know about the drama part but 'Kobyn' do seem to share the same brand of scatterbrained teenage dingbattery mixed with a healthy dose of lifetime channel made-for-tv afterschool special 'we saved this woman'  BS <<

d

>> eh that's subjective, she's somewhat younger, but not that much from Christine, and she's , well she was almost too skinny IMO, but as far as being 'cute', well, eye of the beholder. I think Kody was at least as much into the 'oh you're so great tee hee hee' thing as the 'young and cute' thing.  I mean, the other wives were probably way over that crap, if they ever were like that at all.  After three kids and a divorce and supposedly all this abuse, you would think Robyn would be a bit more reserved, or somewhat serious about taking on this new huge prospect but whatever<<

<<I really think the dishonesty of sneaking was a huge betrayal to Christine, then to find out the sneakee was her cousin's manipulative exwife? Honestly, I don't know how Christine didn't murder Kody/Meri/Robyn on the spot.>>

>>this is the thing, we don't know if it was a sneaky thing or full of half-truths maybe like "oh we met someone who might end up being part of the family...." but of course doesn't say exactly whom. That and at least from the other show, 'Robyn' is a popular name in plygworld? Like I said before any way ya slice it, whether they were honest about it from the gate or not, Christine was pregnant- we just don't know the timeline- and it would have been less selfish had they waited till she had the baby rather than make the road trips and 'dates' and all that have to be during the pregnancy. I don't know, maybe in plyg culture it isn't such a big deal, someone is always pregnant , no one gets any special accommodations because of it? If so, that sucks. <<

Jellywager: Didn't Kody have to drive a couple of hours just to see her when they were "courting"? They have had probably more alone time than the other marriages.  Robyn always talks like she is the big pro at explaining plug. marriages, but she is really screwing her SW's over. She is probably the type to think "can't they see how happy we are? Why can't they get over their own anger and be happy for us?" (My) Hell, I don't even know these people and I'm pissed off for Christine and Janelle. Why were they both passed up for the legal marriage? IT IS NOT FAIR!!! (lol).

Well, what if for some reason they didn't want to be legally tied to Kody? Janelle might not want to as she works now and maybe is saving or trying to pay off her own house and doesn't want to be legally entangled or have to throw more of her own money or retirement down another black hole of more Brown debt/bankruptcies/foreclosures ? Christine who knows,maybe taking on Mom is some kind of insurance as far as pooling their collective finances if Christine senses the gravy train might soon end. Sign the house over to mom, and still be eligible for afdc or whatever they call it in Nevada, though it might take a lot more than welfare and foodstamps to keep that mcmansion afloat.

So it is possible they don't want legal marriage with him, but they might still be irked by the whole divorce/marriage thing anyway. I'm not sure he had to marry Robyn for either health insurance to apply to her kids (a plan which they could have just bought and had them covered anyway with what they make from TLC, it's not like they are working for the local meat-packing plant and the union healthcare stipulates they have to be married or legally adopt the kids to have them insured)- and if the real dad doesn't give up his rights (or had a court take them away) Kody can't just adopt them cause he feels like it without a huge legal battle. Don't know about Nevada law re how old the kids must be to decide where they want to live, but that still wouldn't take away the parental rights.

The original three might have some other long-range plan and they might be 'letting Robyn marry Kody' as a way to try to grow up and settle down on their own, maybe they are tired of flying by the seat of their pants and sick of endless debt and playing games with property and money and moving. After all, it's a small cul de sac , there's more on team MCJ and kids than on team Kobyn- and as I said in some other post, this new configuration changes the dynamic and lends a new kind of equality of standing amongst the original wives that they never had before. Perhaps allegiances have shifted and old wounds have somewhat healed, while the new ones are still fresh.and sore.

• Love 1

Well, what if for some reason they didn't want to be legally tied to Kody? Janelle might not want to as she works now and maybe is saving or trying to pay off her own house and doesn't want to be legally entangled or have to throw more of her own money or retirement down another black hole of more Brown debt/bankruptcies/foreclosures ? Christine who knows,maybe taking on Mom is some kind of insurance as far as pooling their collective finances if Christine senses the gravy train might soon end. Sign the house over to mom, and still be eligible for afdc or whatever they call it in Nevada, though it might take a lot more than welfare and foodstamps to keep that mcmansion afloat.

So it is possible they don't want legal marriage with him, but they might still be irked by the whole divorce/marriage thing anyway. I'm not sure he had to marry Robyn for either health insurance to apply to her kids (a plan which they could have just bought and had them covered anyway with what they make from TLC, it's not like they are working for the local meat-packing plant and the union healthcare stipulates they have to be married or legally adopt the kids to have them insured)- and if the real dad doesn't give up his rights (or had a court take them away) Kody can't just adopt them cause he feels like it without a huge legal battle. Don't know about Nevada law re how old the kids must be to decide where they want to live, but that still wouldn't take away the parental rights.

The original three might have some other long-range plan and they might be 'letting Robyn marry Kody' as a way to try to grow up and settle down on their own, maybe they are tired of flying by the seat of their pants and sick of endless debt and playing games with property and money and moving. After all, it's a small cul de sac , there's more on team MCJ and kids than on team Kobyn- and as I said in some other post, this new configuration changes the dynamic and lends a new kind of equality of standing amongst the original wives that they never had before. Perhaps allegiances have shifted and old wounds have somewhat healed, while the new ones are still fresh.and sore.

I only wish so, but quite honestly, don't bet on such abrupt life changes. After Janelle emptied out her retirement savings to move to Vegas---I was  so horrified to hear that I almost cried for her--she's not going to move again. Meri's in the best position to leave & she 's staying put. Robyn is the only schemer but she'll never make it on her own, at least not without a man in the background supporting her.

Understandably, you are looking at the whole mess as an outsider would. These heifers just don't have the moral strength, they'll still be tied down with kids for years to come while they get older & heavier with quite possibly nothing for their retirement years. Pathetic..

• Love 1

" So back to Meri divorcing - without a doubt, I think this is her final SCREW YOU to Janelle and Christine and Kody's biological children...."

Nope, not at all, and for 2 major reasons: 

#1) Meri never supported them. That is ( supposedly ) Kody's responsibility.

#2) She's not abandoning the family or even leaving. After the divorce, she's staying put in the same home as a " spiritual wife. "

• Love 1
I only wish so, but quite honestly, don't bet on such abrupt life changes.

The thing is, their life changes are going to be forced on them once this debacle runs off the rails.  All of those homes will be foreclosed since there is no way in hell that they are making enough money to make the mortgage payments on 4 McMansions plus pay off the debts on the credit cards used to furnish them.  Even filing bankruptcy won't keep them in those houses.  

The only one with a job, Janelle, would have to sell 50 houses a week to provide enough income for payments that are probably at least a couple of thou a month on each of the 4 houses.  Can't see that happening.

• Love 1

The thing is, their life changes are going to be forced on them once this debacle runs off the rails.  All of those homes will be foreclosed since there is no way in hell that they are making enough money to make the mortgage payments on 4 McMansions plus pay off the debts on the credit cards used to furnish them.  Even filing bankruptcy won't keep them in those houses.  

The only one with a job, Janelle, would have to sell 50 houses a week to provide enough income for payments that are probably at least a couple of thou a month on each of the 4 houses.  Can't see that happenSister WAives

Sister Wives show is  having Season 6. Kody, or his attorney, may try to negotiate with them for a raise & advanced payments. Things seem to occur that help them in the nick of time, whether it be welfare, cashing out retirement monies or TV shows. Who knows, something may happen to drive ratings up, whether it be the divorce, older kids, Robyn's ex or Christyne's new career in real estate. She did manage to pass the exam on her 2nd try.

" So back to Meri divorcing - without a doubt, I think this is her final SCREW YOU to Janelle and Christine and Kody's biological children...."

Nope, not at all, and for 2 major reasons: 

#1) Meri never supported them. That is ( supposedly ) Kody's responsibility.

#2) She's not abandoning the family or even leaving. After the divorce, she's staying put in the same home as a " spiritual wife. "

#1)  You're correct. Meri never supported them financially or emotionally, BUT by being OK with divorcing Kody so he could skip over his other two wives and his what, 12? other bio kids (17 - Meriah - Sol - Robyn's 3), she reinforces that she's still more Robyn's ally and cares more THAT about the mental welfare of Janelle, Christine, and their kids. She is facilitating favoritism and sticking with Kody and Robyn. Their favor is a priority over the rest of the family.

#2) Yes, she's staying and still a 'wife.' Not sure how this is relevant to me thinking she's screwing over the rest of them. She doesn't have to leave to do that. Actually, it's worse that she does it and stays, thus demonstrating over and over she doesn't give a flying fig to their welfare.

*edited to add THAT bc it doesn't make sense otherwise. :-)

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 1

Long time lurker. Breaking my silence to say I cannot believe how stupid the Browns must feel the average viewer is. We would have to be walking around with a quarter brain between us to believe what they are trying to feed us. Body language alone is a dead giveaway to all the lies

• Love 9

Long time lurker. Breaking my silence to say I cannot believe how stupid the Browns must feel the average viewer is. We would have to be walking around with a quarter brain between us to believe what they are trying to feed us. Body language alone is a dead giveaway to all the lies

Bottom line, this is the best assessment of the whole situation. I don't know these people, and would deny being so wrapped up in this show to 90% of the people I know. I think I'm so irritated bc I know that as viewers, we've all been lied to. It was annoying to learn a nice family with a niche lifestyle is a big pile of grifters, but to know without a doubt that they're also delusional and think we'll believe any BS they try to feed us is insulting. If they just came out and said, "hey, we all hate each other and are head over heels in debt, but are staying together for the kids, and however it happened, we know Kody wants to be legally married to this new Trick Whore," I'd say, "alrighty then, best wishes to you. How do you make those caramels?" But no.

• Love 9