Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Wife Swap of 2014: The Dark Wife Rises

• Start Topic

Don't know about Nevada law re how old the kids must be to decide where they want to live, but that still wouldn't take away the parental rights.

Definitely wouldn't affect David Jessop's parental rights, and I doubt this is the issue. If they decide to feed viewers a line of reasoning on the next episode or on the "Tell-Virtually-Nothing," it will probably make little logical sense, and will be a) something they could have fixed w/o a divorce, and b) not the truth anyway, because they lie.

Nevada law wouldn't matter in any custody issues for Robyn's kids, because jurisdiction remains with the courts in the state where Robyn and David Jessop divorced.

• Love 2

Robyn and David divorced in Montana and Robyn has already stated that when the kids turn 13 they can choose who they live with (during the great "be nice to my kids or they will leave me!" brew-ha-ha). Someone on another board, who lives in Montana, confirmed this can be a standard line in custody agreements there.

I'd say, "alrighty then, best wishes to you. How do you make those caramels?" But no.

They don't make the caramels.  They buy them and pass them off as homemade.  BECAUSE THEY'RE JUST SO WACKY!!!

• Love 8

He's David Preston Jessop of that notorious polygamous cult dynasty. Below is link with loads of pics:

http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=David+Preston+Jessop

They're all pretty much somehow connected to that notorious polygamous cult dynasty (Christine is David's first cousin, David is Kody's 2nd cousin's child?, etc). He supposedly left that church, though.

Robyn has been careful never to flat out say her ex did anything specific. Being on TV could open herself up to defamation suits. I really think she hints around to things and figures the viewer will assume he's evil because he's a "Jessop" and she can make him out to be the villain while rewriting her history. 

Totally agree.

Robyn and David divorced in Montana and Robyn has already stated that when the kids turn 13 they can choose who they live with (during the great "be nice to my kids or they will leave me!" brew-ha-ha). Someone on another board, who lives in Montana, confirmed this can be a standard line in custody agreements there.

Let me guess, they'll become exasperating and she just can't handle them or have them be a potential bad influence on her babies when they reach 13. Dayton seems like a good kid, but one of the girls is beyond clingy and dramatic. She git it from her Mama.

They don't make the caramels.  They buy them and pass them off as homemade.  BECAUSE THEY'RE JUST SO WACKY!!!

Haha, true. Kody doesn't realize it, but that was an FU moment from Robyn and Meri.

#1)  by being OK with divorcing Kody she reinforces that she's still more Robyn's ally and cares more about the mental welfare of Janelle, Christine, and their kids. She is facilitating favoritism and sticking with Kody and Robyn.

#2) Yes, she's staying and still a 'wife.' Not sure how this is relevant to me thinking she's screwing over the rest of them. Actually, it's worse that she does it and stays, thus demonstrating over and over she doesn't give a flying fig to their welfare.

#1)  Meri didn't appear to be that OK--to me--about divorcing Kody. She could barely speak. Are you SURE you meant " she reinforces that she's still more Robyn's

ally " & " and cares more about the mental welfare of Janelle, Christine, and their kids. " Isn't that contradictory?

#2)  Sorry, but it  appears more --to me--that by staying, Meri's showing loyalty instead of abandoning them ( at least physically so ).

• Love 1

They're all pretty much somehow connected to that notorious polygamous cult dynasty

Pretty much all the US/Canadian polygamous families are "notorious" too. Or at least the families (Jeffs, Allred, LeBaron, Thompson, Kingston, Johnson, Barlow, Blackmore, Steed, Neilson, Roundy, Joseph) have some really, really bad people or bad situations in them. Some are worse than others (the plygs in my town have the least amount of scandal of the lot). The younger generations are breaking from the churches and are stopping the practice of polygamy, and that is what is going to stop the "notorious" problem.  

• Love 1

Pretty much all the US/Canadian polygamous families are "notorious" too. Or at least the families (Jeffs, Allred, LeBaron, Thompson, Kingston, Johnson, Barlow, Blackmore, Steed, Neilson, Roundy, Joseph) have some really, really bad people or bad situations in them. Some are worse than others (the plygs in my town have the least amount of scandal of the lot). The younger generations are breaking from the churches and are stopping the practice of polygamy, and that is what is going to stop the "notorious" problem.  

Aspyn seems to like it, and she can't be the only one in the family or nation.

They really need to start a 'plyg mafia' type show, that would probably be more interesting than woohoo another rv trip or let's learn a new dance at whatever invented event, or who is getting rocks installed in their backyard etc . Oh speaking of plyg news, I saw this today, thought at first it was satirical, but no, it is real   America's Most Wanted Suites and Bed & Breakfast' - http://www.good4utah.com/story/d/story/a-house-built-for-the-flds-leader-is-now-a-bed-and/17597/fRsfHPxB8UK-fjW5JF7Wwg

#1)  Meri didn't appear to be that OK--to me--about divorcing Kody. She could barely speak. Are you SURE you meant " she reinforces that she's still more Robyn's

ally " & " and cares more about the mental welfare of Janelle, Christine, and their kids. " Isn't that contradictory?

#2)  Sorry, but it  appears more --to me--that by staying, Meri's showing loyalty instead of abandoning them ( at least physically so ).

Sorry - meant to say "cares more about THAT than the mental welfare of ....." That's it. We're not going to agree on this, but that did need a clarification. I'll edit.

• Love 1

The Register of Actions show that Meri and Kody filed together on 9/12/14 as joint petitioners. On 9/15/14, there was a request for Request for Summary Disposition of Uncontested Division. Several affidavits were also filed on that date supporting that request. The Decree of Divorce was obtained on 9/25/14. Since it happened so quickly,  they had worked out the financials (such as they are in Brownville) before they went to court. An attorney was involved so hopefully Meri didn't get too screwed, although she had to pay out $293 as a financial assessment. Since what we are seeing right now was filmed right before they filed, that means Meri and Kody were probably talking through financials while road tripping and moving Annie to LV.

According to someone at CJ's blog, Kody is still on Meri's house. He will be until they refinance.

It would be interesting to know how the Brown Family Entertainment LLC is structured and how Meri will continue to be paid. But if the show doesn't get picked up for another season it really doesn't matter. There are only a couple episodes let in this season.

There will be a Season 6. So, yes, it was picked up. Theoretically, I can see TLC stretching it out with divorce + Annie + older kids reactions. Ironically the joory business was successful: it helped give Robyn her hearts desire of becoming Kody's legal wife. But who would've thunk......lol.

Long time lurker. Breaking my silence to say I cannot believe how stupid the Browns must feel the average viewer is. We would have to be walking around with a quarter brain between us to believe what they are trying to feed us. Body language alone is a dead giveaway to all the lies

Some viewers apparently are as the ratings justified Season 6.

Edited by youcantbeserious
Some viewers apparently are as the ratings justified Season 6.

If you can stomach it for more than a few minutes, when looking at their Facebook page and reading the comments it appears that there are still some dimwits who adore and support this mess.  Of course, judging by their spelling and grammar they are not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.

• Love 4

I watched parts of Oprah's "Where are they now" show on OWN Sunday night.  Low and behold the Brown Family Circus was one of the featured stories.  They did mention the divorce and were still going with the story that it was so Kody could adopt Sobbyn's kids.  I would have thought that Oprah might have done some fact checking and clued into the scam the family is running.  But then, its Oprah.

• Love 2

This here forum is for discussing the divorcing of wife #1 (Meri) to legally marry wife #4 (Robyn). 

I haven't been watching the show lately but cruised by here for some snark, and somehow misread this to be that Meri was divorcing Cody so SHE could marry Robyn!  Then I realized my error and returned to my uninterested state.

• Love 13

IMO: Meri is devastated by the divorce.

I tend to agree with you.  I think the Browns were told that this was the last season, and they knew they had to do something really "out there" to get another season.  The viewing public is tired of vacations and fake investors.  So Kody and Robyn came up with the idea of "Meri's idea of sacrificially divorcing Kody so Robyn's kids could have legal protection." 

K&R are probably laughing their heads off.  They've scammed TLC into another season, Meri looks like a martyr, and the two of them can live happily ever after.  Since his name is on Meri's house (and only Meri's house), I also suspect that somehow another bankruptcy is in the works - but he can just "move in" with Robyn.

• Love 1

K&R are probably laughing their heads off.  They've scammed TLC into another season, Meri looks like a martyr, and the two of them can live happily ever after.  Since his name is on Meri's house (and only Meri's house), I also suspect that somehow another bankruptcy is in the works - but he can just "move in" with Robyn.

Prediction: Meri will move out of her house (Goodbye Wet Bar!!!) and Robyn, Kody and their kids (David Jessop who?) will move in because her house will be lost to that lien.  

• Love 2

Prediction: Meri will move out of her house (Goodbye Wet Bar!!!) and Robyn, Kody and their kids (David Jessop who?) will move in because her house will be lost to that lien.  

Interesting idea!!!  And for them, losing a house they can't afford (and probably have no equity in, if it's an interest-only builder loan) over a hospital bill probably makes good financial sense.  Almost as much as starting a jewelry business based on ugly, cheaply made, overpriced junk.

• Love 1

Maybe that is why Meri is remodeling the Lehi home. She is making the place into a solid, three apartment place, where she can live in one apartment and rent out the other two apartments and make a little income. Or the other two "apartments" can remain plyg apartments and she can cater to a plyg family or even one or both of her sister wives, if they choose to fly the coop. They can also be available to any of the kids to live in and go to school in the area.

Maybe that is why Meri is remodeling the Lehi home. She is making the place into a solid, three apartment place, where she can live in one apartment and rent out the other two apartments and make a little income. Or the other two "apartments" can remain plyg apartments and she can cater to a plyg family or even one or both of her sister wives, if they choose to fly the coop. They can also be available to any of the kids to live in and go to school in the area.

Does the Lehi house have a mortgage on it, or is it actually paid off? Either way I wonder who actually "owns" it.

It still has a mortgage (or it did in the last year or so). Originally Janelle was on the deed, purchased it with an inheritance she received. This is when she returned to the fold after being away from the family for three years. Then after a while she added Meri and Kody to the title.

Edited by Galloway Cave

It still has a mortgage (or it did in the last year or so). Originally Janelle was on the deed, purchased it with an inheritance she received. This is when she returned to the fold after being away from the family for three years. Then after a while she added Meri and Kody to the title.

Then married or not wouldn't the Lehi home be part of a bankruptcy if Kody and Robyn file since his name is on the title to that home?