Type keyword(s) to search

James Kennedy: DJ Muppet Baby

• Start Topic

I was reading another site last night and a few comments referred to James as Max's best friend. I have never heard this before but it makes a lot of sense. If true, it sheds a whole new light on some of these questions we have been pondering about him, his relationship, and his role on the show.

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 1

Also makes sense since James thinks Lisa hired him as a personal favor to his parents, but Lisa seemed insulted saying in her talking head, "I don't know his parents, I only met them one time." It was probably more like James's parents saying to Max, "Can't your mother give James a job?" And Max relaying the message: "Mom, can you give my friend a job? He'll take the most menial position you have AND be willing to date your craziest cast member just to stay relevant." And then Lisa hired him as a favor to Max, not to James's parents.

ETA: This was in the episode in which James wrote Lisa a letter of apology in order to keep his job after he and Kristin fought with Tom in Lisa's friend's restaurant. (I think it was Scheana's birthday and she got hurt in the melee, of course.) It was arguably the most "playground" fight this show has seen, and went down something like this...

(James getting all up in Tom's business)

Tom: Go take a Beemer selfie, James!

James: No, YOU go take a Honda selfie, Tom!

Tom: Pfft. Whatever. You're only 22.

James: Yeah, well at least I'm young and trying to establish myself in life. What's your excuse, Tom? You're 31!

(Brawl breaks out)

Me at home: Oooh. "31"?! Them's fightin' words!

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6
(edited)

I was also thinking a work visa plays into it somehow. Similar to Cedric maybe? Except Lisa and Ken know more now. That also makes staying with Kristen much more valuable. It's part of his job on the show, and the show is his shot into entertainment. So for now, Kristen it is?

Edited by MissMel

I was also thinking a work visa plays into it somehow. Similar to Cedric maybe? Except Lisa and Ken know more now. That also makes staying with Kristen much more valuable. It's part of his job on the show, and the show is his shot into entertainment. So for now, Kristen it is?

That was my thought. It might be easier to get a "special skills" work visa as a TV cast member than as a bus boy.

Sooooooo, just gotta say that good olé James is really growing on me. I feel like he may be front and center this year in the drama. I loved his "whaaaaaaaat?" After chugging about 12 shots of fireball. He is still young enough that his alcohol use is not yet to an alarming point. A far cry from a 30 - something entering the bar and doing 7 shots in a row. Buuuuut, he should be careful...

James said it himself in one of his TH's from last season (I think it was in regards to one of the Toms cheating) that no guy ever just makes out with a girl....there's always sex. Apparently Kristen didn't remember that little tidbit when James was trying to assure her there was no sex. For as psycho stalker as she is about the men she dates she is definitely gullible too.

• Love 1

Also makes sense since James thinks Lisa hired him as a personal favor to his parents, but Lisa seemed insulted saying in her talking head, "I don't know his parents, I only met them one time." It was probably more like James's parents saying to Max, "Can't your mother give James a job?" And Max relaying the message: "Mom, can you give my friend a job? He'll take the most menial position you have AND be willing to date your craziest cast member just to stay relevant." And then Lisa hired him as a favor to Max, not to James's parents.

ETA: This was in the episode in which James wrote Lisa a letter of apology in order to keep his job after he and Kristin fought with Tom in Lisa's friend's restaurant. (I think it was Scheana's birthday and she got hurt in the melee, of course.) It was arguably the most "playground" fight this show has seen, and went down something like this...

(James getting all up in Tom's business)

Tom: Go take a Beemer selfie, James!

James: No, YOU go take a Honda selfie, Tom!

Tom: Pfft. Whatever. You're only 22.

James: Yeah, well at least I'm young and trying to establish myself in life. What's your excuse, Tom? You're 31!

(Brawl breaks out)

Me at home: Oooh. "31"?! Them's fightin' words!

I actually loved that episode and fight.

So I just checked out Lala's instagram and she has a LOT of pics of her and James together! Are they dating???

Yes. Edited by Petunia13

For some reason I think of Slim JG from MTV's True Life every time I see James' dream of DJing mentioned.  Probably because she was put on this earth for one thing, and that is to rap.  I bought her CD and my coworker and I snuck it on to the server so it was the hold music at our office.  Their mutual dedication to dreams some might find silly takes a lot of perseverance.  I wish James was as awesome as her or even, lacking that, her crackhead husband.

• Love 2

I'm not a big fan of Vanderpump rules and always thought that Lisa Vanderpump would make an excellent Halloween costume. Of course, the show is scripted and fake but it sure provides enough people to despise, like Kristen Doute and James. She's always been a basket case and needs a shrink but James... ew, don't get me started on that boy. This guy actually thinks he's hot? He's the sleaziest, creepiest most ridiculous looking, ill-mannered cast to come on this show since Jax signed on. I thought Jax was hateful enough but now I can add James to my nauseating list along with Sheana. That girl is a mess too.

• Love 3

Yeah I thought it was hilarious when he was bragging to Kristen she'd no longer have "this" and never find a guy as hot as he is ever again. I suppose he's attractive in a model sort of way, but his features are way too chiseled and harsh looking for my liking. And the fact he smokes like a chimney is not going to do him any favors in a couple years either. Combine that with how nasty and sleazy of a drunk he is, he's not hot or even remotely attractive in the slightest.

• Love 4

The JAMES KENNEDY in gigantic shiny gold letters on his laptop kills me every time. He seriously went to the Dollar Store and bought them. Not only are they cheap looking in their own right, they are crooked and peeling. In what world does he think this is good advertising for his DJ abilities? On nationally syndicated network, no less.

• Love 3

Sooooooo, just gotta say that good olé James is really growing on me. I feel like he may be front and center this year in the drama. I loved his "whaaaaaaaat?" After chugging about 12 shots of fireball. He is still young enough that his alcohol use is not yet to an alarming point. A far cry from a 30 - something entering the bar and doing 7 shots in a row. Buuuuut, he should be careful...

So, I hate to quote myself, but I just need to retract this entire statement I made above in episode 1 of this season. This little shite has been grilling on my nerves ever since, and I really wish we could see Kristen beat his ass again like she did at Scheana's wedding last year

• Love 6

Eeek, I think I'm the only one who likes James :(  I think he's hilarious!  Okay, okay, he has said some pretty terrible stuff, but the scene in the therapist's office killed me.  The whole show is contrived and the drama manufactured.  Maybe he's a DB, but his scenes are entertaining.

James is just the most foul-mouthed disgusting guy besides Jax. He was on 'Watch What Happens Live' just now and they had to bleep out half of what he said, his mouth is so dirty. Andy Cohen got angry with him and threatened to wash his mouth out with soap. He even let it out the Jax has herpes.

• Love 1

From "S04.E07: Spit Take":

I don't know where [James'] surname 'Kennedy' came from because his mother Jackie Georgiou was married to James' father Andros Georgiou. Jackie is first cousin to 80's singer George Michael. Andros was manager of Wham! when George Michael was part of the duo along with Andrew RIdgeley.

James' middle name is Kennedy. Here's his FB, every bit as douchey as you'd imagine: https://www.facebook.com/james.georgiou1

HumblePi, on 12 Jan 2016 - 4:58 PM, said:

The first few episodes that James appeared in, I was convinced that he was gay and would try and seduce Jax.

james-tries-to-clear-th6e-air-with-tom-b

Second cousins to James maybe?

article-2509259-197B77F500000578-888_634

There is a striking similarity in their penis size ...

• Love 6

James fucking scares me. It absolutely creepy the way he's making nice with Lisa's son. Very spider-like. Although it's just weird- he has THIS much ambition (and he's scarily good at getting what he wants despite not being that smooth), but he's content with climbing his way to the top of a Bravo reality show?

• Love 2

I'm still scratching my head over why an allegedly fancy-shmancy restaurant like SUR has a D.J.

I wonder that too, and do they open up a dancefloor or something? I think the only times we really see the place as a party atmosphere is during Pride.

I'm still scratching my head over why an allegedly fancy-shmancy restaurant like SUR has a D.J.

It's a thing. I live in Austin. There are quite a few restaurants with DJs here. Sometimes during happy hour, but especially on the weekend during brunch. Most of them have menus that are far superior to Lisa's pedestrian fare.

James fucking scares me.

Me too. He goes from agitated to vile and abusive in seconds. He spews mysoginistic hate way, way too easily, it's practically his default. And finally, he SPIT at Kristen. Spit at her! That is way out of control behavior. It's just beyond. He shouldn't be on this show. He brings malice and instability to what should be shallow, frothy fun.

• Love 3

Me too. He goes from agitated to vile and abusive in seconds. He spews mysoginistic hate way, way too easily, it's practically his default. And finally, he SPIT at Kristen. Spit at her! That is way out of control behavior. It's just beyond. He shouldn't be on this show. He brings malice and instability to what should be shallow, frothy fun.

That's what Jax told everyone. DJ Muppet Baby spat on her door. Didn't someone describe his father as being an infamous asshole? That might be from where he gets this.
  • Love 1

DJ Muppet Baby spat on her door.

Right, I should have been more specific. My point is, he spit in anger, which is repulsive, repugnant, and abnormal. I can't even watch his scenes, his entitlement and misogyny are so out of control.

• Love 2

From the media thread:

13 minutes ago, bref said:

To quote Reality Tea, "James Kennedy and booze are a disaster! James + booze + Lala Kent = a super disaster": http://www.realitytea.com/2016/06/02/james-kennedy-kicked-off-flight-drunken-argument-lala-kent

James and Lala were flying from Vegas to LA with his girlfriend, Miss Sonoma County 2016 Raquel Leviss: http://etonline.com/news/190089_exclusive_vanderpump_rules_star_james_kennedy_booted_from_flight_for_being_too_drunk/

• Love 1

Godchildren expected to share George Michael’s $128M fortune

By David K. Li December 27, 2016 | 12:18pm

“Vanderpump Rules” star James Kennedy was another of Michael’s godchildren, though the two had not seen each other in some time. “I’m heartbroken we never got to speak again after so many years, I can’t believe this has happened, please watch over me in heaven Godfather,” Kennedy wrote on Instagram.\

http://pagesix.com/2016/12/27/godchildren-expected-to-share-george-michaels-128m-fortune/

It's very sad I have nothing better to do with my free time. I actually purchased and read (on Kindle so nobody could see) the book written by James' father about his experiences with George Michael. Handbasket to Hell times - it was interesting. Also cross-referenced his claims (cause I'm a geek that way). 

James hasn't seen his Godfather since he was 5/6. Big falling out. Anybody want to speculate if he's in the Will? IMO - it's relatively small (see possibly $100M+ estate) if anything.