Type keyword(s) to search

Better Call Saul In The Media

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Penman61 said:

(If this question doesn't belong here, just let me know and I'll delete.)

Those who have AMC+: Does it release the episodes at the same time as the episode broadcasts on cable, or is there a delay?

I can't help, but this forum may also provide the answer - 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Penman61 said:

(If this question doesn't belong here, just let me know and I'll delete.)

Those who have AMC+: Does it release the episodes at the same time as the episode broadcasts on cable, or is there a delay?

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but on the AMC app, I can watch episodes the next day without having AMC+, but I have to log in with my cable credentials.  I think for some shows you could see them early if you had AMC+, but I don't remember if Saul was that way.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've been watching Season 5 today and, I have to say, I've wanted to doze off a few times, especially during Kim's storylines. 

So I'm glad there's only one more season. 

Also, I'm tired of the Mesa Verde storyline.  I would've loved an update on the Kettlemans.

Edited by Crashcourse
On 4/2/2022 at 7:45 PM, ilovebeaarthur said:

Heads up! IFC is airing season 5 tomorrow, starting at 9 am EST. 

It's (finally) on Netflix too.  

14 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I've been watching Season 5 today and, I have to say, I've wanted to doze off a few times, especially during Kim's storylines. 

So I'm glad there's only one more season. 

Also, I'm tired of the Mesa Verde storyline.  I would've loved an update on the Kettlemans.

This is the only broadcast show that I watch, and it's because of Kim Wexler.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

This is the only broadcast show that I watch, and it's because of Kim Wexler.  

Kim Wexler is possibly a more complex character than Saul himself.  And Rhea is amazing.

• Love 12

I watched most of the marathon yesterday thanks to ilovebeaarthur.

The last two episodes really psyched me up for the new season. I don't know who's scarier, Lalo, who is like an evil Burt Reynolds, or Kim when she talks about Howard.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

The last two episodes really psyched me up for the new season. I don't know who's scarier, Lalo, who is like an evil Burt Reynolds, or Kim when she talks about Howard.

Evil Burt Reynolds is the best description!

• Love 5
(edited)

I know it's been a while since I've watched, but I don't understand what Howard did to Kim to make her hate him so much.  Sure, he could be your average asshole, but Kim has gone full psycho on him.  She's a walking icicle and I hope she gets sent to Belize.

I fear for Nacho and his dad since Lalo's still alive, but that's about it.  

Edited by Crashcourse
3 hours ago, sunbum51 said:

"I don't understand what Howard did to Kim to make her hate him so much"

2 words: document review

just my guess 🦁

And being a condescending, judgmental prick who was born on 3rd base and thinks he earned what he has. When it was all simply being born into the right family and nepotism. 

• Love 7

So . . . if the BCS Season 6 Premiere happened last week, does anyone know just what was viewed?  Was it the entire season?  Or, just the first episode?  And were attendees sworn to secrecy, or is there some recap/review out there, somewhere???

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, suzeecat said:

So . . . if the BCS Season 6 Premiere happened last week, does anyone know just what was viewed?  Was it the entire season?  Or, just the first episode?  And were attendees sworn to secrecy, or is there some recap/review out there, somewhere???

It was just the first episode.  I don't know of a recap but I imagine if you Google or maybe check out Reddit, you may find one.  I do think they had to sign an NDA.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2022 at 9:47 AM, JudyObscure said:

I swear that once I figured out Lalo was evil Burt Reynolds it made it work while binging this week. And then Kim went all Sally Fields on him during the Tell Me The Story scene.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I guess I need to sign up for the AMC app.

I finally caved in and signed up.  There is a 7-day free trial so I can watch the first episode for free.  

I really enjoyed season 5.  Things moved along at a fast clip compared to the first four seasons.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I just went to AMC Plus to check things out. Man, I wish there was something else there that interested me. I guess there's Killing Eve. That's it. I'm going to wait a couple of days to sign up.

I still don’t understand whether we can see the episodes early if we sign up for AMC Plus. Can you explain?  I have AMC on my cable system, so I don’t need the app to watch the show. I’d pay for a couple of months if it meant I could watch the shows early. 

Bob Odenkirk was on Kimmel just now. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I still don’t understand whether we can see the episodes early if we sign up for AMC Plus. Can you explain?  I have AMC on my cable system, so I don’t need the app to watch the show. I’d pay for a couple of months if it meant I could watch the shows early. 

I don't have any insight. But I'm GUESSING that you can't see eps early on AMC+. I may be wrong, though, because the PBS app allows you to see eps of their shows early.

I just got AMC+. Two questions I will answer after Monday's premiere:

1. Does BCS air on AMC+ before its "live" airing on cable AMC (9pm/8c)?
  2. Does BCS air on AMC+ without commercials? (Some might remember that both BB and BCS were getting ridiculous with the seemingly increasing number of commercials breaking the showflow.)
On 4/14/2022 at 7:08 PM, PeterPirate said:

There is a 7-day free trial so I can watch the first episode for free.  

Does this mean if I wait until the season has finished airing that I will be able to binge season 6 for free in a week?  

https://www.amcplus.com/

If you scroll down it says that "season 6 BCS drops 4/18". It doesn't give a time, just the date.

If I don't keep up with it on my cable AMC channel I will watch on Netflix:

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/better-call-saul-season-6-netflix-release-schedule-03-2022/

It says (Netflix above) that there will be seven episodes then a month and a half break then the last six episodes. Netflix is airing the 4/18 AMC episode on 4/19 (not sure the time). 

I am anticipating this show a lot since I just finished season 5. But I am going to have to decide if I want to pace myself and watch weekly until 8/15, with the long break in there, or if I want to just wait and binge it on Netflix after all the episodes air. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

https://www.amcplus.com/

If you scroll down it says that "season 6 BCS drops 4/18". It doesn't give a time, just the date.

If I don't keep up with it on my cable AMC channel I will watch on Netflix:

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/better-call-saul-season-6-netflix-release-schedule-03-2022/

It says (Netflix above) that there will be seven episodes then a month and a half break then the last six episodes. Netflix is airing the 4/18 AMC episode on 4/19 (not sure the time). 

I am anticipating this show a lot since I just finished season 5. But I am going to have to decide if I want to pace myself and watch weekly until 8/15, with the long break in there, or if I want to just wait and binge it on Netflix after all the episodes air. 

Thanks, @stewedsquash!
So the episodes will be available the next day on Netflix?
ETA:
Outside U.S. only.
Might consider using a VPN.

(whats-on-netflix.com/news/better-call-saul-season-6-netflix-release-schedule-03-2022)

image.thumb.png.55913671a56f3d43b875da43aba80a4b.png

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

Well, that is interesting news.  I have to decide if it is worth paying $9 a month for four months for the privilege of being able to watch the show the day it airs.  Until now I have avoided channel-specific streaming services out of the principle that I am not going to pay to watch TV.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Okay I started reading that review @Quilt Fairy and stopped at the Saul/Kim/Howard low-key spoilers. I realized that I don't want to be spoiled at all, haha. 

@WritinMan I did read all of the refresher article and got spoiled for BB, ha. Which doesn't really matter since after watching the four seasons available at the time of BCS I decided that maybe I would finally give BB a chance. I only got through to the Walter walks away while a building blows up behind him episode in the first season before I realized that I just didn't connect with Walter/Alan Cranston at all and I quit watching.

FYI:

AMC+ airs BCS live--with commercials--beginning at 6pm PT, on their "AMC Live" feed.

Both of tonight's episodes were available on-demand AMC+ as of 8:20-ish (soonest I could check after both eps had aired) WITHOUT commercials. :) 

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, Penman61 said:

FYI:

AMC+ airs BCS live--with commercials--beginning at 6pm PT, on their "AMC Live" feed.

Both of tonight's episodes were available on-demand AMC+ as of 8:20-ish (soonest I could check after both eps had aired) WITHOUT commercials. :) 

I was able to watch the show at AMC+ without commercials.  Maybe that's because I fell asleep early and didn't catch it until this morning.  Which is another reason to shell out 9 bucks, I suppose.  

On 4/18/2022 at 5:58 PM, stewedsquash said:

Okay I started reading that review @Quilt Fairy and stopped at the Saul/Kim/Howard low-key spoilers. I realized that I don't want to be spoiled at all, haha. 

@WritinMan I did read all of the refresher article and got spoiled for BB, ha. Which doesn't really matter since after watching the four seasons available at the time of BCS I decided that maybe I would finally give BB a chance. I only got through to the Walter walks away while a building blows up behind him episode in the first season before I realized that I just didn't connect with Walter/Alan Cranston at all and I quit watching.

How funny--that is my favorite moment in all of the BB series. Up until BCS, BB was my favorite show of all time. I thought this show would be a fun connection to that one, a cute, casual watch that I wouldn't connect to but it would give me something to remind me of my favorite show. I underestimated Gilligan & Co. 

I get it though--this show has a style and panache that differs from BB, although there are a number of crossovers and parallels.

• Love 2

I have to say, I find the early "Breaking Bad" episodes excessively bleak and heavy on spectacle - exploding buildings, falling corpses, crashing planes etc.  Vince Gilligan has already said that his early ideas included violent deaths for Jesse and Walt Jr.  From Season 3 (perhaps not coincidentally when Saul, Mike and Gus become regulars), the show really changes, calms down, goes inward.  I credit this with Vince Gilligan listening a lot -- even the network was telling him he was going too far with his original plan for Jane's death.  The realisation seems to have come in around this time that the show could sustain and even thrive on scenes where the stakes were much lower (although I still find "The Fly" more indulgent than entertaining).  The later seasons still have big high-spectacle moments - 409, 413, 501, 506 - but you see the mechanics of how these are put together so even they feel more grounded.  If you like BCS but are lukewarm on BB, I'd watch from the episode "Better Call Saul" in late Season 2 as it is really excellent and from mid-Season 4 especially it is almost perfect.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

How funny--that is my favorite moment in all of the BB series. Up until BCS, BB was my favorite show of all time. I thought this show would be a fun connection to that one, a cute, casual watch that I wouldn't connect to but it would give me something to remind me of my favorite show. I underestimated Gilligan & Co. 

I get it though--this show has a style and panache that differs from BB, although there are a number of crossovers and parallels.

Okay I understand your thoughts about both shows and it makes sense to me. What do you (and anyone else inclined to weigh in) think about watching BB and just ignoring my disconnect with Walter/Cranston? Is there enough of the other characters to make the show worth it to watch while not getting into the main character? BCS works for me because I am interested in every single character on the show, not just Jimmy/Saul. I even wanted to know the backstory of why the young man at the Mexican compound garnered Lalo's contempt. 

12 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Okay I understand your thoughts about both shows and it makes sense to me. What do you (and anyone else inclined to weigh in) think about watching BB and just ignoring my disconnect with Walter/Cranston? Is there enough of the other characters to make the show worth it to watch while not getting into the main character? BCS works for me because I am interested in every single character on the show, not just Jimmy/Saul. I even wanted to know the backstory of why the young man at the Mexican compound garnered Lalo's contempt. 

The series does see a lot of character development in later seasons, particularly for Gus, Hector, Hank, Marie, and especially Jesse. He progresses from somewhat of a flat, one-dimensional caricature of a junkie to a deep, complex person who Has Seen Some Shit that you really root for. However, if the series is a slog for you from the beginning, it may not be worth it. (For me, by contrast, I was transfixed from the very opening scene and the series could've focused solely on Walt and I would've still loved it.) You can enjoy BCS as a closed universe, and the easter eggs from BB will escape you, but it won't take away from your experience. So I'm not going to advocate for you to invest in a series that you've given a good try to if it doesn't resonate with you. As hooked as I was and still am by BB (and now, even more so, by BCS), it's not for everyone.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, monagatuna said:

How funny--that is my favorite moment in all of the BB series. Up until BCS, BB was my favorite show of all time.

I absolutely loved that moment, too. I was hooked on BB from the first episode. How great was it that this show brought KENWINS back? What a douche.

• Love 1