Type keyword(s) to search

Better Call Saul In The Media

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

Thanks for that! 

They also got nominated for some lower profile awards:

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series

Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour)

Outstanding Music Supervision

It's so good to see BCS getting some recognition from the Emmy's, even though I agree with all the comments about McKean being absolutely robbed, and even Mando deserving the nod over Banks this season.  

Thanks for posting the other categories! I don't understand why so many news outlets including the New York Times and Variety) post articles with titles that specifically say "full list of nominees" and then they're missing multiple categories! One website was missing all of the guest actor nominations, so it wasn't just the technical ones they were missing. I finally figured out I should just go use the list on the Emmy website!

What about Rhea Seehorn?  I have no idea about the competition in her category, but I thought she was consistently very good.  I suppose if Michael McKean was overlooked, she didn't have much of a chance.  More's the pity. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Blech to awards programs in general but especially those of the Hollywood variety.

There is an article in Rolling Stone that talks about all the shows and actors that were snubbed.  The author lists Michael McKean and Rhea Seehorn as two noticeably missing options.  

Jonathan Banks is great 'n all but I agree with all that Michael McKean should have been on the list.  Next up for me would be Rhea Seehorn.  Michael Mando's single scene with the pills was fantastic but I get that he might not have been nominated simply because his character didn't have much screen time.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/emmys-2017-5-things-we-learned-from-nominations-w492112

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
On 13/07/2017 at 0:29 PM, benteen said:

Mando would have been a really good choice too.  He delivered in one of the most tense scenes of the television season this year.

I am catching up on this thread months later and I know exactly which scene you are referring to! That was tense!

• Love 2

They were robbed at the Emmy's!  At least Bob Odenkirk was. I watch "This is Us" and Sterling K Brown is good but the roles don't compare. I really love John Lithgow. and I admit I don't follow his show,  but I can't imagine any supporting role showing the range of Michael McKean's in BCS. I still can't believe he wasn't even nominated. 

• Love 5
On 7/13/2017 at 2:17 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

I wouldn't be totally shocked if this causes Gilligan and Gould to make Chuck miraculously survive, so McKean can come back and go for an Emmy in season 4.

Or featured heavily in flashbacks.  While I didn't like Chuck, I'll certainly miss him if he's gone.

On 7/13/2017 at 2:22 PM, benteen said:

Banks is always good but the writing didn't give him much to do except have his character silently do obvious, boring stuff and make him 1,000 times more clever than everyone else around him.

Nothing against Banks at all, but this is why I don't like Mike nearly as much here as on BB.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

They were robbed at the Emmy's!  At least Bob Odenkirk was. I watch "This is Us" and Sterling K Brown is good but the roles don't compare. I really love John Lithgow. and I admit I don't follow his show,  but I can't imagine any supporting role showing the range of Michael McKean's in BCS. I still can't believe he wasn't even nominated. 

Of course I love Bob Odenkirk in BCS. He's great. But Sterling K Brown is what makes This Is Us a good show. He's amazing. I love him.

As for Supporting Actor, certainly McKean should have been nominated. It's a crime that he wasn't. I still can't believe it. As for who WAS nominated, I wanted Ron Cephas Jones, from This Is Us, to win. As with Sterling K Brown, any scene he was in was great. Lithow was good, too, in The Crown, though I thought Jones and Banks were better. (I don't watch the other nominees' shows.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

Yay.

Michael McKean should have gotten a nom, too. :(

Why oh why do these award committees seem to have no love for Michael McKean?  After his tour-de-force portrayal of Chuck, I don't know what else he could do for professional recognition.  I'm happy for Odenkirk, but sad about McKean.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 4/1/2018 at 11:42 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

I don't remember where I saw the mention, but season 4 isn't coming until this fall.

I posted this in another thread back at the end of December, but there was a commercial on AMC during a Breaking Bad marathon that said BCS would be back in the summer.  The initial report of a fall return was prior to that commercial.

The Walking Dead is back in the fall, and I don't think AMC will have BCS return when there is going to be a lot of hoopla surrounding TWD (based on some major spoiler-y news that came out about TWD yesterday).  TWD would steal all the thunder from BCS (even though they air on different nights).  I suppose it could happen,  where BCS and TWD return around the same time, but I would assume that AMC would want to bring BCS back before TWD.

I could be wrong, but, to me, unless there have been recent reports (since late December of last year) to indicate that BCS is coming back in the fall, I am thinking that August makes sense for the BCS return.  That way, BCS will be wrapped up before or right at the time TWD returns.

On another note, has anyone been following the fun "clues" posted around Better Call Saul's social media pages today (5/30)?    They are posting clues on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and they seem to involve groups of letters.   I don't know how long these clues will go on, but this is all leading up to some bit of information about the new season that we are supposed to decipher.

Edited by TVFan17
typo & clarification
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

. . . . off to subscribe to BCS Insta, FB and Twitter  . . .  ! ! !

The Facebook page is worth checking out even when they are not dropping these little clues, because it has all of the great Los Pollos Hermanos training videos, starring Gus.  I think there are maybe 10 or 11 of those videos.

Yesterday, from what I could tell, I think there were 6 of those clues with the letters -- 2 on Twitter; 2 on Facebook and 2 on Instagram.    I think people figured out that the clues led to something else... which only raised more questions and confusion.   lol   I don't know if any actual info was revealed yet (for example, the start date of the new season, which is what I think people were expecting).  It seemed like a good idea to do this little clue trail, but -- unless I missed something, which is possible -- it didn't lead to a satisfying payoff.

43 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know what the clue stuff is (although it sounds like they learned their lesson and upped the challenge) but the return date has been revealed.

August 6th

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/05/better-call-saul-season-4-premiere-date.html?m=1

Thank goodness!

11 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Sounds like Chuck really is dead.

Yeah, I think that was made pretty clear by all involved in interviews and such last year, but it's not say Chuck won't come back in flashbacks (which I hope is the case!!!)

• Love 2

Slightly shorter official trailer also released.  It contains some of the same stuff, but there's also other snippets of things that look pretty interesting in suggesting we're about to see the descent into Saul begin in earnest now.

• Love 1

Scheduling alert:  Next Monday's Season 4 premier is showing up on my DVR an hour earlier than previous seasons, 8pm Central vs 9pm Central.  Don't know if they're going to keep that up for the rest of the season or it's just a one-off.

• Love 2

I panicked yesterday when I came across a review of the first ep of the new season. I quickly went to my DVR schedule and saw -- WHEW! -- that I didn't miss it. The review was obviously an early one.

• Love 1
On 8/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

Is he about to do a Chicago Sunroof or a Squat Cobbler?

Looks like a 1st story  cobbler, lol. We don't get to see the basement, lol. 

On 8/3/2018 at 9:36 PM, jingles13 said:

Just an FYI...does anyone watch the New ''CASTLE ROCK''?/...MABEL...Dead Chuck's wife is the New Shawshank Warden...

No, I don't get Hulu. But, I saw those previews, it looked really good. Are you watching, and if so, is it as good as the previews? Long time, no talk, hope all is well with you, and yours. Take care and have a great summer. Oh yeah, do you watch American Horror Story? It released its new poster on Friday. Starts up in September, part Murder House,and Coven. 

13 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

This is hysterical.  The cast of BCS recap the first 3 seasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HwOkNSb_9Q   So many plotlines that I had forgotten.  If you think the show moves too slowly, you have to watch this!

I couldn't help laughing at their multiple, enthusiastic, "SPOILER ALERT!"s, but seriously, either none of it's a spoiler, or it's all spoilers :)  And if you hadn't seen the first 3 seasons, it seems like the only reason you'd watch this is if you intend to start watching with season 4 (presumably with a friend or family member who finally wore you down) and don't have time to go back to the beginning. I know, I'm overthinking... I agree, that was fun.

• Love 2

Good lord is Rhea Seehorn freakin gorgeous.

(So is Patrick Fabian, for that matter.)

Total mindfuck every time I see Giancarlo being himself, as opposed to Gustavo. Ditto Michael Mando, albeit to a slightly lesser extent just because Giancarlo sets such a high bar.

I want to hang out with all these people. One condition though... Jonathan Banks's presence would be mandatory.

• Love 4