Type keyword(s) to search

Better Call Saul In The Media

• Start Topic

I can't believe they snubbed Rhea again. Again! Her work throughout the show - and especially in the final season - has been sublime. I know that getting mad at award nominations is pretty much just spitting into the wind, but this is . . . criminal.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1

Better Call Saul wins Critics Choice for best drama, Odenkirk for best actor, Esposito for best supporting actor. The continued drought for Rhea Seehorn feels almost cruelly deliberate at this point.

winners list

The sound is terrible, but two acceptance speeches. The second in which Odenkirk basically calls the continued snubbing of Seehorn bullshit.

• Love 4

I just saw an ad for Mr. Lucky, starring Bob Odenkirk, starting on AMC PLUS soon. That means I wont be able to see it.  I paid for my TV and I pay through the nose for cable but, I guess these days,  when a channel gets a rare, good show I have to pay extra. Where's a grumpy mad face when you need one?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Googling, I see that it's now called Lucky Hank.

I found this:

Lucky Hank premieres on AMC on Sunday, March 19, 2023. The series will also be available for streaming on AMC+ on the same day.

Hopefully that is the case.

I don't have cable, so last year I paid for a year's subscription to AMC+. I can't remember if I had the option to do a monthly subscription, but I regretted getting a year because there's really nothing else on AMC that I'm interested in. I plan on not renewing in March and getting Philo instead. You can record stuff, which is good for me since I go to bed early.

But yes, it's infuriating how many different channels/apps there are. Everything is so segmented.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I just saw an ad for Mr. Lucky, starring Bob Odenkirk, starting on AMC PLUS soon. That means I wont be able to see it.  I paid for my TV and I pay through the nose for cable but, I guess these days,  when a channel gets a rare, good show I have to pay extra. Where's a grumpy mad face when you need one?

A lot of channels these days with additional streaming services advertise their streaming options over their regular channels as a place to watch even if it also airs on their regular channels.  HBO does it all the time too. 

AMC has done it with Interview with the vampire and Mayfair witches.  Both aired on the regular AMC channel but the advertising was all AMC+.  The only difference between the airings is that people on AMC+ got the episodes a week early.

• Useful 1

Emmy award nominations out. No surprise the show, Bob, and Rhea nominated (but I hold out little hope for a win ). Big surprise for me was no Carol Burnett for guest actress.

• Like 1
On 7/12/2023 at 1:20 PM, SusieQ said:

Emmy award nominations out. No surprise the show, Bob, and Rhea nominated (but I hold out little hope for a win ). Big surprise for me was no Carol Burnett for guest actress.

I read that Burnett appeared in one too many episodes to qualify for guest actress. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
32 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I read that Burnett appeared in one too many episodes to qualify for guest actress. 

That makes sense. Too bad. She was fabulous and maybe then BCS would finally win an Emmy.