Type keyword(s) to search

Better Call Saul In The Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 3/31/2021 at 12:03 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Odenkirk on Kimmel tonight. Taking about BCS and his new movie Nobody.....looks amazing!

He also had a cameo on Mom last night!  I’ll take some Odenkirk over none. He had a good interview on Howard Stern on Wednesday. I’ve become tired of Stern and stopped listening most of the time, but this was worth it. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1

I'm going straight to h*ll, the first thing I thought of when I read the headline was the fate of Better Call Saul's final season.  But, I did very soon after feel concern for Bob.  Sorry Bob.  😚  Feel better soon!

• Love 3
(edited)

Posted a few minutes ago by his brother (?) son (thanks, @Irlandesa!):

ETA: According to TMZ, it was heart related:

Bob Odenkirk was hospitalized for a "heart-related incident" ... sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, and it was touch-and-go for the last day but it looks like he's now out of the woods.

Bob is awake inside an Albuquerque hospital and we're told he's on the rebound, but when he was rushed to the hospital Tuesday after collapsing on set it did not look good. We're told he was not conscious during the early hours in the hospital, although he's now lucid.

ETA correct relationship!

Edited by Guest
(edited)

I have to say, the fact that it sounds like nothing leaked from the hospital is quite impressive. 

That's what HIPAA should look like even though it's very nerve wracking for those of us who want news.

20 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Posted a few minutes ago by his brother (?):

Born in 98.  Son. (Thought he was hot in his Twitter pic so I looked it up.  Still shallow)

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Bob Odenkirk Stable After Suffering “Heart-Related Incident” on ‘Better Call Saul’ Set

And because we're all wondering even as a secondary concern after his health:

Sources say production was a little more than halfway done on the final season at the time of Odenkirk’s heart attack. Production remained halted Wednesday as everyone involved with the series remains focused on Odenkirk’s health. It’s unclear how long production will remain down as reps for both AMC and producers Sony Pictures Television have yet to comment.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

And because we're all wondering even as a secondary concern after his health:

It makes me wonder if they'll take a production break and split the season in half. 

• Love 3
(edited)

The way people feel about Bob Odenkirk is in direct opposition to the number of dirtbags, hucksters, and loudmouths he has brought to life. We hate those kinds of guys, and yet we love the comedian turned character actor turned leading man—as evidenced by the fact that no one can get any work done today because we’re constantly refreshing news sites and social media for word on how he’s doing....

😥 Yes. Click to read more:

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 14

I knew I was a huge fan, but I didn't realize just how much I loved the guy until this happened.  He has taken a character who can be a lying, conniving, crooked lawyer and through charm and moments of self-sacrifice (the kids, the old folks) made the character loveable.  I can't help but think he does that so well because that kindness and charm is some of the real man coming through.

Now I'm wondering what sort of scene he was filming when this happened.  We've watched him do some grueling stuff like that walk through the desert.  Not real of course, but five minutes outdoors in New Mexico right now would give me a heart attack.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Now I'm wondering what sort of scene he was filming when this happened.  We've watched him do some grueling stuff like that walk through the desert.  Not real of course, but five minutes outdoors in New Mexico right now would give me a heart attack.

Good point about the effects of unprecedented heat on the human body.
Also, early this year, Bob had been doing unprecedented (for him) cardio and strength training for his action role in Nobody, which may have saved his life either by increasing his overall physical stamina, or by uncovering an underlying condition before it was too late: 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

If you get the chance, Bob was on Conan O’Brian’s podcast a few months ago talking about his movie. Great interview between two longtime close friends. Quality guy. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, WritinMan said:

Bob Odenkirk updates us:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/david-cross-says-bob-odenkirk-185200234.html

"I had a small heart attack."

That sounds like something Saul would say.

Yes. It does. 
and regarding:

…the doctors who knew how to fix the blockage without surgery.…

sounds similar to a procedure my uncle had about 25 years ago. He’s now approaching 90 and doing well.   
Trying to think positively.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

An excellent read by Jonah Weiner:   
“Bob Odenkirk’s Long Road to Serious Success” nytimes.com/2022/02/09/magazine/bob-odenkirk-better-call-saul.html?smid=url-share

(I get NYT “gift links” to share, so message me if you have trouble accessing the article.)

Intentionally not spoilery, just stuff like this quote from Odenkirk about the finale script: “It’s pretty great, I think. It’s pretty great.”

• Love 1

‘Better Call Saul’ Final Season Gets Premiere Dates for Both Halves

AMC announced that the seven-episode Part 1 of “Better Call Saul” Season 6 will premiere on April 18 at 9 p.m. ET. on AMC and AMC Plus. Back-to-back episodes will air that night. Once that first half of the final season has run its course, Part 2 won’t be too far behind, as the final six episodes of “Better Call Saul” will begin rolling out on July 11.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

‘Better Call Saul’ Final Season Gets Premiere Dates for Both Halves

AMC announced that the seven-episode Part 1 of “Better Call Saul” Season 6 will premiere on April 18 at 9 p.m. ET. on AMC and AMC Plus. Back-to-back episodes will air that night. Once that first half of the final season has run its course, Part 2 won’t be too far behind, as the final six episodes of “Better Call Saul” will begin rolling out on July 11.

So, if I don't have access to AMC anymore, it seems to me that my options for the final season are something like:

• in about a year I can watch it with my Netflix
  • for $1.99/episode, I can watch it on Amazon Prime . . . when?
    Or is it included with Amazon Prime Video?
  • for $1.99/episode, I can watch it on YouTube . . . when?
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

So, if I don't have access to AMC anymore, it seems to me that my options for the final season are something like:

• in about a year I can watch it with my Netflix
  • for $1.99/episode, I can watch it on Amazon Prime . . . when?
    Or is it included with Amazon Prime Video?
  • for $1.99/episode, I can watch it on YouTube . . . when?

"AMC+ costs $8.99/month. Unlike many other streaming services, AMC+ does not offer multiple tiers; the package is always $8.99/month. The service, rather than offering an ad tier like Peacock and some other services, is entirely advertising-free."

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I was going to link to part 2, but I couldn't get it to work. Of course you can just click on it after watching part 1.

(Part 2 is great.)

I didn't know there was a second part until I read that.  

Edited by PeterPirate

(If this question doesn't belong here, just let me know and I'll delete.)

Those who have AMC+: Does it release the episodes at the same time as the episode broadcasts on cable, or is there a delay?