Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Betweenyouandme

Pet Peeves

3 hours ago, fairffaxx said:

I may be the only person left who doesn't have a cell phone (smart or otherwise), but I do have an honest question:  don't these things come with a book of instructions? 

There are two of us!!!

2 hours ago, ALenore said:

Pretty much nothing comes with a book of instructions anymore, it's all on the internet.   The instruction manuals on the internet are sometimes (often) not very good.  I had to set up an answering machine for my landline the other day, and I couldn't understand the online manual at all.  My husband, though, was able to find out how to do it by googling the question and the name and model number of our phone. 

I still mourn the death of instruction manuals. 

A few weeks ago, I was experiencing internet connectivity issues, and the customer service rep I spoke with urged me to follow the troubleshooting guide ON THE INTERNET.  Yo, Sherlock - I just  told you I had no internet connection!  Grrrrr.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 5

This reminds me of the time I went to the ER because I hadn’t been able to pee for a week.  First thing they asked of me was to give them a urine sample.

When I finally stopped laugh-crying, they gave me an orange pill and some water, which did the trick.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

On 4/21/2019 at 1:35 PM, fairffaxx said:

I may be the only person left who doesn't have a cell phone (smart or otherwise), but I do have an honest question:  don't these things come with a book of instructions? 

The big brand Apple, Samsung etc still pack instruction booklets with their phones.  However, you are lucky to get a piece of paper with the cheap ones from Walmart