Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

Related peeve to the above.  Everything now has to be on a computer.  I'm just too old for this, because it was always simpler to do things the old way.

I am a solo-practitioner attorney.  I tried to post part-time job listings for students at our local law schools in NYC.  This used to be easy.  They used to keep a binder of part-time jobs in the school employment offices. 

Now you have to join an on-line system unfortunately named Symplicity in order to post jobs!  The students have to apply through that system.  You have to create log ins and identities and all kinds of nonsense.  One school rejected my log-in because I did not have a logo.  Sorry, I don't have a logo!!!  (If I had a logo I think it would be the face-palm emoji.)  I don't want to have to create and remember another set of log ins for something I rarely use!

Needless to say, since the pandemic, I haven't managed to hire anyone.  The applicant pool wants to have "internships" that are resume builders.  Instead of actually working and earning money and learning something!

I have a high school classmate working part time for me.  He's semi retired.  We're 67 years old, FWIW.  But although he's a former lawyer, he no longer has the mental capacity to do some of the things I need.  I struggle along. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Love 2

Now you have to join an on-line system unfortunately named Symplicity in order to post jobs!  The students have to apply through that system.  You have to create log ins and identities and all kinds of nonsense.  One school rejected my log-in because I did not have a logo.  Sorry, I don't have a logo!!!  (If I had a logo I think it would be the face-palm emoji.)  I don't want to have to create and remember another set of log ins for something I rarely use!

Good lord, what a hassle. I feel you. I've been trying to sign up for Medicare, they just about turn themselves inside out trying to get you to use the website. The website did not work for me because it refused to confirm my email. My insurance guy tried to walk me through it and we had the same problem. He threw up his hands. I finally got and appt. - for May. One month after I will be eligible. And only after being on hold for two solid hours.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Good lord, what a hassle. I feel you. I've been trying to sign up for Medicare, they just about turn themselves inside out trying to get you to use the website. The website did not work for me because it refused to confirm my email. My insurance guy tried to walk me through it and we had the same problem. He threw up his hands. I finally got and appt. - for May. One month after I will be eligible. And only after being on hold for two solid hours.

I'm familiar with that Medicare problem.  You have to answer all those crazy questions to get your email verified.  I did it two years ago (you saw my age).   Which of these addresses did you live at ?  Which car did you own?  Which company did you work at?  Some of them are "none of the above."    My husband and I did this in mid 2020, during the pandemic.  Somehow we made it through.  We still have his employer insurance as primary, thankfully.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Sorry, I don't have a logo!!!  (If I had a logo I think it would be the face-palm emoji.)

I know this was a joke, but seriously, why not use it as your logo? Even if no one at the other end gets the message (and who cares if they don't?), it's already made, so you don't have to come up with something original, and you have the satisfaction of giving them what they say they need. (I have no memory of needing a logo--in fact, I'm positive I didn't, because I don't have one and I still got signed up.)

Sorry you're having such a hard time. This, too, shall pass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

I know this was a joke, but seriously, why not use it as your logo? Even if no one at the other end gets the message (and who cares if they don't?), it's already made, so you don't have to come up with something original, and you have the satisfaction of giving them what they say they need. (I have no memory of needing a logo--in fact, I'm positive I didn't, because I don't have one and I still got signed up.

@MONDRIANYONE--you beat me to the punch! That face-palm logo would be so hilarious (but fitting!!) for life as some of us know it these days. This reminds me of that cartoon duck with a raised hatchet, ready to destroy his computer. I used to see it a lot back in the 90's.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Peeve: "book reports."

Not actual book reports, but those essays you have to write every damn time you buy a product or use a service. I feel like I'm in fifth grade all over again.

Most recently it was our satellite-TV provider. We've been having some really annoying weirdness with the receiver (too annoying to detail here), and I had not one but four lengthy phone conversations with tech support over the last couple of days. The first guy had no idea what he was talking about, and I had to explain to him how things work. The next three were knowledgeable, but the problem kept returning after we hung up. And following every one of those hellishly boring conversations, I got an email asking how they did and urging me to write about the experience. Is someone at these corporations so desperate for human connection that they can't just leave it at the job was done and if I need more help, I'll be in touch again? Apparently not.

This also happens when I pick up groceries, when I do curbside at Home Depot . . . I broke my glasses in the HD parking lot yesterday, so when I got back the first thing I did was order new glasses online. I'm really looking forward to rhapsodizing about how my vision is so clear now and the world is a brighter place again.

I know they have to do customer research, but I keep wondering why I'm not the one getting paid if I'm the one doing all the writing for them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I know they have to do customer research, but I keep wondering why I'm not the one getting paid if I'm the one doing all the writing for them.

It's a part of the new corporate mentality. Like self check out, apps and websites instead of physical public spaces, they don't want to pay workers so they get the consumer to do their work for them. Bottom line, donchaknow.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Peeve: "book reports."

Not actual book reports, but those essays you have to write every damn time you buy a product or use a service. I feel like I'm in fifth grade all over again.

I This also happens when I pick up groceries, when I do curbside at Home Depot . . . I broke my glasses in the HD parking lot yesterday, so when I got back the first thing I did was order new glasses online. I'm really looking forward to rhapsodizing about how my vision is so clear now and the world is a brighter place again.know they have to do customer research, but I keep wondering why I'm not the one getting paid if I'm the one doing all the writing for them.

Wait, serious question here. Can’t you just ignore those requests for reviews? Are they refusing to do further business with you if you don’t comply?   For me, they get ignored unless I have something I want to make a point to say. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Yep, they can be ignored, and I often do. But on Amazon, for example, I rely on customers' reviews to help me decide if I want to buy something. So then I feel guilty for not reviewing things to help other people. Or the workers who load the groceries into my car depend on good reviews, so I feel obligated to them. And when I'm grouchy for not getting a problem solved, as with the satellite issue, it's an opportunity to vent. I guess I just resent the expectation that every purchase and every interaction has to trigger an essay from me. (Kinda like this one!)

• Love 2

I feel ill used at having to rate people and experiences, and I usually decline. But these people’s jobs can be affected. The worst thing is the retail cashiers being forced to push credit cards and warranties. They are really suffering if they don’t sell, apparently. And then they want you to go to the web site and give them a good rating for the incentive of getting a prize. I don't want to be responsible for that. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I feel ill used at having to rate people and experiences, and I usually decline. But these people’s jobs can be affected. The worst thing is the retail cashiers being forced to push credit cards and warranties. They are really suffering if they don’t sell, apparently. And then they want you to go to the web site and give them a good rating for the incentive of getting a prize. I don't want to be responsible for that. 

I rarely use goodreads, because I hate to even review things with stars,  most of the time, so I’m just marking things without a rating, unless I really like or dislike something.  Same with Amazon.   I hardly ever leave reviews.  

I have to stop getting iced chai in the early evening. I love it at the time, but it takes me forever to drink, and now I’m feeling anxious at gone 1am. I’ve been anxious over other things, otherwise it might not hit me so badly. 

I’m also kicking myself over wasted time, over the years, especially when I had every excuse or reason to shut out anything and anyone that wasn’t helpful, that drove me crazy, whatever.  I am good at setting boundaries, at times, but not nearly enough.  But kicking myself is also a waste of time, when it goes on too long, so I need to stop.

• Love 1

Perpetual peeve, exacerbated today because I got my hair cut.  Why is it that no one can cut my hair properly?  It should be really easy -- it's parted in the middle, no layers or anything fancy, just take 2-3 inches off the total length.  It is curly, though, and apparently that is a problem.

Today, the girl (and she was a girl -- she was 18, and only recently acquired her certificate) just simply couldn't get it even.  It's still not even, but it's as close as she was going to get.  When she first stopped and had me look at it, one side was a good half-inch longer than the other.  Then she tried to even it, and the other side was longer.  And back and forth until I just said to stop.  One side is still a little longer (maybe 1/4 inch?), but I hope it isn't too terribly noticeable, or won't be when my hair finishes curling itself back up.  It is a bit shorter than I wanted, but it'll grow back.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Perpetual peeve, exacerbated today because I got my hair cut.  Why is it that no one can cut my hair properly?  It should be really easy -- it's parted in the middle, no layers or anything fancy, just take 2-3 inches off the total length.  It is curly, though, and apparently that is a problem.

Today, the girl (and she was a girl -- she was 18, and only recently acquired her certificate) just simply couldn't get it even.  It's still not even, but it's as close as she was going to get.  When she first stopped and had me look at it, one side was a good half-inch longer than the other.  Then she tried to even it, and the other side was longer.  And back and forth until I just said to stop.  One side is still a little longer (maybe 1/4 inch?), but I hope it isn't too terribly noticeable, or won't be when my hair finishes curling itself back up.  It is a bit shorter than I wanted, but it'll grow back.

I share your peeve.  I have curly  hair too.  It has not been easy to get good haircuts over the years.  Sometimes I have found someone, but then she disappears.  I then have to search again. 

• Love 5

I have a new language peeve, but it will resonate only with NY Tristate Area residents.

The many people who confidently say "The Port of Authority" instead of "The Port Authority," for the shortened version of "The Port of New York Authority"  (as in the Port Authority Bus Terminal). 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

But on Amazon, for example, I rely on customers' reviews to help me decide if I want to buy something. So then I feel guilty for not reviewing things to help other people.

Same here. I appreciate people who come back after using the product for several weeks/months to say if it was still as good or if it wasn't worth it. I make the effort to review most of the Amazon purchases I make. 

15 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

The worst thing is the retail cashiers being forced to push credit cards and warranties

My niece quit her cashier job at a well-known discount clothing and home décor store because she kept getting talked to about not meeting her credit card application quota. She said it was a great place to work but she hated pressuring people to open another line of credit that they probably didn't need or could afford. 

• Love 10

When I worked as a grocery store cashier in a Southern regional chain in 2018–2020, the chain ran an annual "food drive" with prepackaged boxes with rice, soup, beans, etc. that they donated to people in need. Each box was $5, and the customers could add them to their bill at the checkout lane where the boxes sat. We cashiers were supposed to "sell" the boxes. I basically refused because 1) I wasn't a salesperson on commission, and 2) I and most other employees weren't being paid enough by the company to feed ourselves and were on SNAP (food stamps).

Nothing like asking your customers to donate to "charity" while pretending like you're a do-gooder company.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

Nothing like asking your customers to donate to "charity" while pretending like you're a do-gooder company.

This brings me to one of my peeves, being asked to donate to something when you're checking out someplace. It's always to something like "feed families" or "help stray cats", but they never really tell you to whom the money is going, & if all the money you donate is going to those charities. Plus, your donation isn't going straight to the charity, they're bundling all the donations together & donating under their name, so it looks like their making the donation & not their customers. I'm guessing that they get tax benefits from it too.

• Love 14
45 minutes ago, GaT said:

This brings me to one of my peeves, being asked to donate to something when you're checking out someplace. It's always to something like "feed families" or "help stray cats", but they never really tell you to whom the money is going, & if all the money you donate is going to those charities. Plus, your donation isn't going straight to the charity, they're bundling all the donations together & donating under their name, so it looks like their making the donation & not their customers. I'm guessing that they get tax benefits from it too.

Yes Walgreens is good for that too. Where is the money going? I always refuse. They can use their own money for the tax benefit.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BexKeps said:

My niece quit her cashier job at a well-known discount clothing and home décor store because she kept getting talked to about not meeting her credit card application quota. She said it was a great place to work but she hated pressuring people to open another line of credit that they probably didn't need or could afford. 

My mom worked at a Pier 1 store when we lived in Colorado over a decade ago, and she talked about how she hated to do this, too. In her case, the area we lived in was full of rich people who didn't need these cards, and already had plenty of credit cards as it was, so it seemed pointless to sell them in the first place. 

That, and she knows from having worked retail for years that customers don't like pushy salespeople in general, no matter what the situation. The higher ups who keep insisting on that stuff are often the sort who don't actually spend time on the floor working and interacting with these customers, so they don't tend to think about that fact. 

• Love 6

I refuse any store's request for charity donations, too. I already donate directly to several international, national, and local charities, I'm not contributing to a corporation's tax write off and PR push to look good. I also refuse to donate money when my company does fund drives, too. I'll volunteer my time all day, but I'm not letting them use me and my money to look good. 

Yes, I'm a black hearted hag, but I own it, lol. 

Edited by emma675
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

It is curly, though, and apparently that is a problem.

Yep.  I will only have my hair cut by someone who has curly hair herself, because that cosmetology license alone does not mean someone learned how!  (Some state boards are just now figuring out cutting textured hair ought to be a requirement.) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Yep.  I will only have my hair cut by someone who has curly hair herself, because that cosmetology license alone does not mean someone learned how!  (Some state boards are just now figuring out cutting textured hair ought to be a requirement.) 

Curly hair here too. Right now it is a good 8-10" longer than I like...thank you Covid! NOT! I need to get it cut before my eye surgeries, wish I could find someone local to do it.

• Love 3

I haven't had mine cut since winter 2019, so I hear you.  When it's wet, it's almost down to my butt.  I need to call and ask if she's back at the salon and what protocols they're following (I'm not spending much time indoors with strangers).

My parents have been going to someone's house, as she has things set up in her garage, which has nice air flow.  And she lives near me, so I keep thinking I should just go have her lop a shit ton of hair off.  But she doesn't have curly hair, so I don't really want to take the chance.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I haven't had mine cut since winter 2019, so I hear you.  When it's wet, it's almost down to my butt.  I need to call and ask if she's back at the salon and what protocols they're following (I'm not spending much time indoors with strangers).

My parents have been going to someone's house, as she has things set up in her garage, which has nice air flow.  And she lives near me, so I keep thinking I should just go have her lop a shit ton of hair off.  But she doesn't have curly hair, so I don't really want to take the chance.

My hairdresser of 20 years has long, straight hair. She's a genius with my wavy mop.

• Love 3

Mine is dead straight, and I watched a YouTube video to learn how to cut it myself, which worked out pretty well. And then, because I've never seen a gadget I didn't love, I bought a hair level, which you clip on just above where you want the ends to be and read the bubble to check if you cut it straight.

I'm never going to label any of these gizmos, so that when I die, people will be staring at stuff like the hair level and saying, "What the hell . . . ?"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

My hairdresser of 20 years has long, straight hair. She's a genius with my wavy mop.

I think it is just a matter of experience with curly hair, not necessarily having curly hair yourself.

I miss the hairdresser I had when I lived in CA many years ago.  That just reminded me, I have to search and see if Locks of Love is still in business. I donated years ago and I have more than enough to donate again...  Just found another donation source Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Mine is dead straight, and I watched a YouTube video to learn how to cut it myself, which worked out pretty well. And then, because I've never seen a gadget I didn't love, I bought a hair level, which you clip on just above where you want the ends to be and read the bubble to check if you cut it straight.

I'm never going to label any of these gizmos, so that when I die, people will be staring at stuff like the hair level and saying, "What the hell . . . ?"

My hair used to be curly but has become rather straight.  I also bought hair cutting clips with levels along with hair scissors and thinning shears to feather the edges.  They’ve paid for themselves many times over already!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Reading more on donating my hair. Locks of Love is for children so they don't really want gray  hair. Pantene Beautiful Lengths is for women  who have lost hair due to cancer. As a breast cancer myself I think there are many out there that would take a gray hair of two to have hair again!!! I hope I can find a place locally that will do this for me/them.

Edited by Gramto6
stupid double post
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yes, of course, someone has to have experience cutting curly hair.  I don't know how to just by virtue of having it growing out of my head.  But hairdressers with curly hair themselves almost certainly received at least one, and usually more than one, shitty cut from people who didn't know what they were doing with curly hair - because knowing that was not required to get their cosmetology license.  So they're aware personally that it's a special skill and made sure as a professional to develop it.  Someone with straight hair may or may not have, and I'm not taking the chance unless I have a recommendation from another curly Q.

What's terrible is how many Black actors and models to this day have to either do their own hair or hire their own hairdresser, because the stylist hired for the production/shoot doesn't know how to work with their hair.

• Love 5

Now that my hair has dried and shrunk (y'all curly folks know what I mean), I can see that it is kind of bad.  Not the worst I've had, and not so bad that I'm going to try to get it fixed, but it's bad in a really weird way.  Most of it is the same length, except for the front-most pieces that usually get tucked behind my ears anyway.  Those look like they're about 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter than the rest.  It might be an optical illusion, and when I wash it myself it might magically even out, but I'm not optimistic.  As long as I keep those pieces behind my ears, I doubt anyone will notice except me.  Oh well.  It'll grow out.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I have a new language peeve, but it will resonate only with NY Tristate Area residents.

The many people who confidently say "The Port of Authority" instead of "The Port Authority," for the shortened version of "The Port of New York Authority"  (as in the Port Authority Bus Terminal). 

That really sounds absurd--the port of authority. I always heard it called "port authority". Some dummy, way back, probably inserted the extra words (like the people who say arther-itis) and it got picked up by other dummies. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Peeve of the year:  Bullies

Our community lost a 12-yr old child to suicide this week.  She acquired alopecia in 2020, and has suffered from bullying since.  Yanking her wig off her head at school, calling hr a 'mole rat', etc.

It's unthinkable. Her school failed her, her schoolmates' parents failed her, I guess we all did.

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Peeve of the year:  Bullies

Our community lost a 12-yr old child to suicide this week.  She acquired alopecia in 2020, and has suffered from bullying since.  Yanking her wig off her head at school, calling hr a 'mole rat', etc.

It's unthinkable. Her school failed her, her schoolmates' parents failed her, I guess we all did.

My area recently lost a 14 year old to suicide. He also was bullied. 

This bullying crap has to be dealt with, no matter what age the bullyboys & bullygirls are. But I hope schools are providing some type of compassion-training starting in kindergarten, continuing up through 12th grade. A lot of kids don't learn about empathy from their parents (& we've certainly seen a shocking amount of cruelty & rudeness from adults over the past several years). 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

This bullying crap has to be dealt with, no matter what age the bullyboys & bullygirls are. But I hope schools are providing some type of compassion-training starting in kindergarten, continuing up through 12th grade. A lot of kids don't learn about empathy from their parents (& we've certainly seen a shocking amount of cruelty & rudeness from adults over the past several years). 

One thing I've seen is that children are taught from kindergarten on that they must behave, be kind and watch their manners but then they turn around and see adults in the media and in their personal lives taunting, name calling and using racial and sexual slurs and it's like what's the point?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

What if they don't get any home training before they get to Kindergarten?

The kid upstairs from us remains an absolute nightmare. She's three and stomps around and bangs on stuff until 2am. We've left notes and complained numerous times to the leasing office. I call every time they make excessive noise, so basically once a week. I always say, "Feel free to call me if you want to discuss this."

The main(?) leasing rep finally took me up on it and called me this week after I called at 10:30 the night before when it sounded like the kid was banging on a pan all evening. She said she talked to the mother, who sounds "very young", and said that the mother said, "We just can't get [her daughter] on a schedule." SHE'S THREE! YOU'RE HER MOTHER! The leasing agent told her she has to get her child under control. The mother said they want to move to a downstairs unit, and the agent told her that's not going to fix anything if they're still making noise. And the only open downstairs unit is beside us so NO.

So AGAIN, last night, stomping and stomping and stomping, well after 11pm. I banged on the ceiling at one point, which quieted them down for approximately two minutes and it started right back up again. I was watching TV, but my boyfriend was asleep in the bedroom. I can hear the stomping when I'm in bed wearing earplugs. It rattles the stuff hanging on our walls.

I'm seriously considering looking up free parenting classes in the area, printing out their locations and times, and taping the printout to their door. They stuck the last note I left them back on our door, but snuck underneath my motion-sensor doorbell so I didn't see them.

And no, we shouldn't have to move because our neighbors are shitheads. We can't afford to move anyway.

Edited by bilgistic
55 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

One thing I've seen is that children are taught from kindergarten on that they must behave, be kind and watch their manners but then they turn around and see adults in the media and in their personal lives taunting, name calling and using racial and sexual slurs and it's like what's the point?

Well, even in the darkest and worst times of history, there have always been pinpoints of light that have been a beacons of hope for better times- and THAT is why civility and manners MUST endure because without those attributes , civilization cannot. Think of the Venerable Bede a 7th Century Saxon monk who had been born and raised in what's now England in the chaotic aftermath of the Fall of Rome when knowledge and learning had become nearly extinct but, in an age when even kings only could put crosses for their names instead of signing them due to illiteracy, the Venerable Bede had learned to read and write AND had gotten access to the Classical works of literature and history. He then re-copied them as well as recorded what life was like for himself and the other inhabitants so future generations would have something to strive for and to maybe overcome the current chaos, anarchy and ignorance that then prevailed. 

Admittedly, it's a frustrating and uphill battle to have to combat willful ignorance, chaos and hysteria when those who scream the loudest seem to embrace all the above, but IMO it's a noble calling to encourage others to strive for the best. 

• Love 7

^^^^I completely agree we shouldn't just give up teaching these things but I just wish there wasn't so much approbation for nasty behavior in our media, from "reality" tv programming to celebrity gossip (looking at you Kanye) to politics and the entitlement mentality.

• Love 11
On 1/7/2022 at 12:47 PM, Leeds said:

I love The Repair Shop and recommend it to people who like low key shows like The Great British Bake Off.  I don't find the reminiscences intrusive -- for me it's helpful to get a little context.  I also find the sentimentality to be relatively dialed back -- in this age of Covid lock-down, I probably shed more tears than the participants!

Not to discount your take on the show at all caoimhe, just different strokes for different folks.

Don’t know if you’ve seen this @Leeds, but Comic Relief this year did a send up of The Repair Shop with Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, and Judi Dench. It’s on YouTube and it really is hilarious!  They’ve picked up on all the bits I found annoying.

Edited by Caoimhe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

Don’t know if you’ve seen this @Leeds, but Comic Relief this year did a send up of The Repair Shop with Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, and Judi Dench. It’s on YouTube and it really is hilarious!  They’ve picked up on all the bits I found annoying.

I have men here cleaning my windows and here I sit on the couch LMAO at this clip you suggested. They probably think I’m daft between that and not letting them in my bedroom as not to disturb my cats. Hey, I can do the 4 windows myself tomorrow. In the meantime thanks for the laughs. 

• Love 4
On 3/21/2022 at 8:08 AM, Caoimhe said:

If you look up national treasure in an encyclopedia, Judi Dench is the first entry.

• Love 7

Pet Peeve-the Walmart pharmacy. First I’m using them because one rx alone is $200 cheaper than any other option within a half hour drive from my house. Yesterday my Dr called in 3. They notified me that one was ready. I think they try to get me to make as many trips possible to their store as they think we are all impulse buyers. So they mete one out every few days. I called them this morning (again, I’ve been through this before with them) and stated that I know they have 3 orders and I will be in to get them when they are all ready. I’m tired of having to fight traffic, spend more money on gas, and go there every other day. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Poor grammar
  • Love 4

God, yes. Stop texting me, [insert pharmacy name here]. I know my one prescription is ready. I'm waiting on you to fill the other one. I also have a job and I can't just drop by anytime. I'll get there as soon as I can.

• Love 4

Flying things with stingers. I killed my first hornet / wasp / whatever of the season today. It somehow snuck in behind the netting on my balcony. I'll have to seal the gaps this weekend.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, bilgistic said:

God, yes. Stop texting me, [insert pharmacy name here]. I know my one prescription is ready. I'm waiting on you to fill the other one. I also have a job and I can't just drop by anytime. I'll get there as soon as I can.

This is why I refuse to sign up for texts from CVS. They already spam me with email, it took me years to get them to stop calling me, & now they want to text me too? No way. I just check my account online to see when my prescriptions are ready.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

and then ask for praise for "chopping their hair off." It's like um I can barely notice tbh.

🤣 My sister used to do that. I would hear, you won't believe how SHORT my hair now is! and then I would see her and there is no difference. 🙄

• Love 4