Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

So who else has been watching these?
We saw her collapse in the dance-a-thon, and at this point, it seemed like she was thinking that perhaps she wasn't as healthy and fit as she claimed, after the collapse, and then being unable to ski.
Lenny looks like he's in disguise.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

So who else has been watching these?
We saw her collapse in the dance-a-thon, and at this point, it seemed like she was thinking that perhaps she wasn't as healthy and fit as she claimed, after the collapse, and then being unable to ski.
Lenny looks like he's in disguise.

Your right Lennie does look like he’s in a disguise. He always wears a hat even when they show them in bed.  His beard looks fake although it may be real and he’s yet another person using a fake and/or not real first name on the show.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Your right Lennie does look like he’s in a disguise. He always wears a hat even when they show them in bed.  His beard looks fake although it may be real and he’s yet another person using a fake and/or not real first name on the show.  

Lennie Alehat was simply an anagram of his real name:

Nathaniel Lee

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Lennie Alehat was simply an anagram of his real name:

Nathaniel Lee

Too bad his real name wasn't Les Nathaniels. Then he could have been Lennie Asshat.

• Love 19

All 5 seasons are on the TLC site and TLCgo app. So because I am really trying to stick to my diet and lose the winter weight, I am starting at season 1.  Most notable thing so far is how much more mobile she was in comparison to season 5.  Well that and how much thinner Buddy was.

Edited by Xanax
spelling
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Xanax said:

All 5 seasons are on the TLC site and TLCgo app. So because I am really trying to stick to my diet and lose the winter weight, I am starting at season 1.  Most notable thing so far is how much more mobile she was in comparison to season 5.  Well that and how much thinner Buddy was.

Buddy looks like a different man in the first season.  He really started going downhill when he moved in with Whitney. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Buddy looks like a different man in the first season.  He really started going downhill when he moved in with Whitney. 

Moving in with her was the worst decision he ever made... because it clearly led to all the other bad ones.

• Love 6
On 3/27/2018 at 7:38 AM, Irate Panda said:

She said his beard smelled great.  I'm not sure if that is a clue?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, princelina said:

She said his beard smelled great.  I'm not sure if that is a clue?

The Gang is working overtime looking for Buddy’s online admirers in another thread but I’ll be sure to add this clue to our list of Whitney’s Wayward Thoughts

8D51A7E3-94F9-4906-B6B1-70BE884F2A6A.gif.e572f66db67b786046d2fa1ec7ccd1a3.gif

This could take awhile...I guess she settled for his beard because his armpit was unavailable.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

The Gang is working overtime looking for Buddy’s online admirers in another thread but I’ll be sure to add this clue to our list of Whitney’s Wayward Thoughts

8D51A7E3-94F9-4906-B6B1-70BE884F2A6A.gif.e572f66db67b786046d2fa1ec7ccd1a3.gif

This could take awhile...I guess she settled for his beard because his armpit was unavailable.

Haha if you recall he put it off-limits to her :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ozzy said:

Whitney is a professional..  Liar, Eater, Bullshit Artist, and oh lord on a different subject I can smell that Nasty Hair from here. Ugh.

She does for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks.

• Love 7

Speaking of dancing, my co-worker was telling me yesterday that his pregnant daughter is having a gender reveal party in a couple of weeks.  The scene of Todd and Twit doing their stupid dance immediately popped in to my head and it was all I could do to keep from laughing. 

• Love 4

Some comments were made in the "mod" thread that probably belong here . . . about Twit's latest IG video of her lifting weights.  To continue that conversation here . . . 

I question whether she is fully concentrating on weight training to her detriment.  Yes, improving muscle strength and core will help her, but she has demonstrated more than once on the show that she needs to add some aerobic time in order to improve her stamina.  IMO, she should set a goal to walk the same distance as that slow "race" in Hawaii.  Once she achieves the distance without screaming or having to be semi-carried, she should work to do the distance several times a week, improving her time.  Then she ought to go back to Hawaii to do the "race" again . . . with a goal of not coming in dead last after people in their 70s and 80s.  Who knows, some of us "hate-watchers" might even gain a modicum of respect for her if she did, in fact, make her life better (I don't think I could ever use the word "Fabulous" to describe her).

• Love 5

So Whitney, accompanied by Todd and Buddy and the MBFFL production crew, landed in Pittsburgh last night to teach a free class and hold a free meet 'n greet with  Pittsburgh fans. This is apparently the beginning of the story arc "Whitney and Todd go on the road with Big Girl Dance Class," with Columbus and Chicago also on the list.  Surprised Buddy is included - is he one of the roadies? And also surprised that the parents aren't tagging along or at least, no mention of them was made on Whitney's Facebook page by the fans who attended the Pittsburgh event. Anyone who is wondering about the effects all of Whitney's "working out" and "changing her eating protocols" (cough cough) has had on her, here is a link to a picture a fan posted from the meet 'n greet last night. You can draw your own conclusions about Whitney's  current level of fitness.  And also, Buddy's.

• Love 8

Ketzel, thanks for the update!  For those of us who worked really hard and succeeded in being banned from her Facebook page, is it possible to post that picture separately?

These are all free dances.  Wasn't the point of expanding to the road a way to generate mortgage payment money?  Will her fans even notice?

Seems expensive for TLC, but maybe they have to pay the crew to be on the road, even in Greensboro.

• Love 2
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Brooks said:

Ketzel, thanks for the update!  For those of us who worked really hard and succeeded in being banned from her Facebook page, is it possible to post that picture separately?

These are all free dances.  Wasn't the point of expanding to the road a way to generate mortgage payment money?  Will her fans even notice?

Seems expensive for TLC, but maybe they have to pay the crew to be on the road, even in Greensboro.

The link is to the fan's Facebook photo, not to Whitney's Facebook page, so you should be able to access it. (I actually thought of that! :))

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

So Whitney, accompanied by Todd and Buddy and the MBFFL production crew, landed in Pittsburgh last night to teach a free class and hold a free meet 'n greet with  Pittsburgh fans. This is apparently the beginning of the story arc "Whitney and Todd go on the road with Big Girl Dance Class," with Columbus and Chicago also on the list.  Surprised Buddy is included - is he one of the roadies? And also surprised that the parents aren't tagging along or at least, no mention of them was made on Whitney's Facebook page by the fans who attended the Pittsburgh event. Anyone who is wondering about the effects all of Whitney's "working out" and "changing her eating protocols" (cough cough) has had on her, here is a link to a picture a fan posted from the meet 'n greet last night. You can draw your own conclusions about Whitney's  current level of fitness.  And also, Buddy's.

That picture. Whitney's arms. I'm astounded that she can see herself and still use the tag "fabulous". Those arms are massive! 

Whitney is still young enough to turn her weight around, but the damage she's done to her body...my heavens. I often think the saggy skin she would be left with is one of the main reasons she doesn't attempt weight loss.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

The link is to the fan's Facebook photo, not to Whitney's Facebook page, so you should be able to access it.

Nah, I'm blocked.  I'll have to imagine the horror instead, LOL.   But thanks!

1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

That picture.

Whitney's arms.

And, remember, she's lifting weights -- with a goal of 100 #s -- to INCREASE her arm size! what is she thinking? What is Will thinking?

In her most recent MBFFL Q&A column -- not much "advice" any more; maybe TLC realized its legal liabilities -- she is asked if she likes to lifts wgts. She says she really. really likes it, but goes on to claim she also does cardio 3X/week.

I doubt the latter but can believe the former. Wasn't it Clare, a pro trainer, who said many overweight folks like to lift wgts bc it gives them a sense of accomplishment they don't get by doing the work they should, such as climbing on a stationary bike.

• Love 6
On 6/20/2018 at 3:57 PM, Brooks said:

Thanks Ketzel!  Doesn't look any slimmer to me!  Buddy must still be unemployed.

So cameras were allowed at the meet & greet but not the dances? 

Wow. OK, Todd appears to be a slender to average sized man. I'd estimate his waist and hip girth at about 33" . Sweatney appears to be more than double his girth. I'd estimate her hip girth at around 75" .... She's bigger around than the height of an average dude. 

What's everyone else think?

• Love 4

I got caught up on Drag Race, and there's a plus-size queen (Eureka).  They had a challenge where she had to dance, and she danced, in tiny high heels, no less.  I'm not saying it was great technique or anything, but she moved much more than I've ever seen Whitney move while dancing.  And she was far more entertaining to watch.

Whitney's just not an entertaining performer.

• Love 6
On 6/20/2018 at 9:08 AM, Ketzel said:

So Whitney, accompanied by Todd and Buddy and the MBFFL production crew, landed in Pittsburgh last night to teach a free class . . .

Surprised Buddy is included - is he one of the roadies? And also surprised that the parents aren't tagging along . . .

I'm sure the parents were around somewhere in Pittsburgh. Remember, it was only 2 days before that Twit stated on FB that Glenn never missed one of her events.

• Love 3
On 6/20/2018 at 3:16 PM, Dot said:

And, remember, she's lifting weights -- with a goal of 100 #s -- to INCREASE her arm size! what is she thinking? What is Will thinking?

In her most recent MBFFL Q&A column -- not much "advice" any more; maybe TLC realized its legal liabilities -- she is asked if she likes to lifts wgts. She says she really. really likes it, but goes on to claim she also does cardio 3X/week.

I doubt the latter but can believe the former. Wasn't it Clare, a pro trainer, who said many overweight folks like to lift wgts bc it gives them a sense of accomplishment they don't get by doing the work they should, such as climbing on a stationary bike.

I’m not a trainer and weigh about 135 since losing about 20lbs, but shouldnt obese people lift weights, as well, to help with toning, so there’s not as much loose skin although with Whitney it’s inevitable.  Are you saying she is just lifting weights, and not doing cardio or is cardio all she should be doing? I really have no idea at her size what’s right, personally I think she should be doing water exercises (cardio/resistance) not whatever the hell the lady trainer was attempting to do with her.  I also don’t think she should be jumping and have no idea how her trainer or the gym’s insurance company thinks that’s a good idea.

On 6/20/2018 at 3:36 PM, Ketzel said:

Can't have that!  Here you go:

wwtfanpic.jpg

Whitney seems to be trying to hide at least 1/3 of her body behind the other lady

• Love 4
On 3/4/2018 at 5:38 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I’m not a trainer and weigh about 135 since losing about 20lbs, but shouldnt obese people lift weights, as well, to help with toning, so there’s not as much loose skin although with Whitney it’s inevitable. 

I'm not a trainer nor do I exercise, but I don't think that weight lifting will help with loose skin. People get that when they lose weight because their skin is stretched out, whereas lifting weights tones muscles. I suppose the loose skin looks better hanging over taut muscles rather and un-toned muscles but I can't imagine it makes much of a difference with the volume of loose skin Whitney would have if she lost significant weight.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm not a trainer nor do I exercise, but I don't think that weight lifting will help with loose skin. People get that when they lose weight because their skin is stretched out, whereas lifting weights tones muscles. I suppose the loose skin looks better hanging over taut muscles rather and un-toned muscles but I can't imagine it makes much of a difference with the volume of loose skin Whitney would have if she lost significant weight.

That is my understanding.  That it would take extended periods of autophagy, through intermittent fasting, to promote reabsorbing of extra skin.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Brooks said:

That is my understanding.  That it would take extended periods of autophagy, through intermittent fasting, to promote reabsorbing of extra skin.

You can take up a tiny amount of the slack in your " Hello Helens" (aka batwings, bingo wings, flappers) by increasing the size of your triceps muscles. But I'm not sure it works with other areas of the body. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Buddy looks good!

I can't agree. I think he looks as morbidly obese, if not more so, than at the end of S-5. I would think a healthier lifestyle, i.e., no drugs, would also include a significant wgt loss.

• Love 8

I can't agree. I think he looks as morbidly obese, if not more so, than at the end of S-5. I would think a healthier lifestyle, i.e., no drugs, would also include a significant wgt loss.

He definitely hasn't lost weight but I think people often gain weight in rehab. Food is one of the mood altering substances that is still available to addicts who give up alcohol and drugs. Casual smokers may also smoke more because it's a coping mechanism they still have.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

He definitely hasn't lost weight but I think people often gain weight in rehab. Food is one of the mood altering substances that is still available to addicts who give up alcohol and drugs. Casual smokers may also smoke more because it's a coping mechanism they still have.

Buddy's been clean & sober for more than a year. It's time for him to lose some wgt.

• Love 2
(edited)

Buddy's been clean & sober for more than a year. It's time for him to lose some wgt.

Not much of a chance of it since he is apparently back in Twit's orbit.

Edited by Me from ME
Malfunctioning key
  • Love 8
On 6/20/2018 at 1:36 PM, Ketzel said:

Can't have that!  Here you go:

wwtfanpic.jpg

I don't know what's going on but Twit's upper arm looks deformed in that picture. Maybe she's just holding it at a weird angle or do you think the weight lifting is making it bigger???

3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Not much of a chance of it since he is apparently back in Twit's orbit.

Yea he really ballooned when he and Twit moved in together. i know alot of that was alcohol but I get the feeling he doesn't mind bingeing late at night either.  They probably indulge each other food wise.

• Love 3
On 6/27/2018 at 1:26 PM, SevenCostanza said:

I don't know what's going on but Twit's upper arm looks deformed in that picture. Maybe she's just holding it at a weird angle or do you think the weight lifting is making it bigger???

No it's a weird angle and pressed against her body with the fat towards the front.  Todd looks weird in that picture just from the perspective that he's the only normal-sized one!

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, princelina said:

No it's a weird angle and pressed against her body with the fat towards the front.  Todd looks weird in that picture just from the perspective that he's the only normal-sized one!

I don't know, Todd looks skinny,  Whitney is very over weight, the other two look somewhat normal. Note to self STOP watching" My 600 pound life". it's messing with my perspective.

• Love 6

IMO Whitney is morbidly obese, Buddy is obese (not sure of his height) , the random woman is probably overweight/chubby but looks like an average middle age lady and Todd is normal weight to thin.  It would help if I knew how tall he was but I think he just looks really skinny bc he’s next to Buddy and Whitney.

• Love 3
On 7/17/2018 at 4:48 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

I don't know, Todd looks skinny,  Whitney is very over weight, the other two look somewhat normal. Note to self STOP watching" My 600 pound life". it's messing with my perspective.

8 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

IMO Whitney is morbidly obese, Buddy is obese (not sure of his height) , the random woman is probably overweight/chubby but looks like an average middle age lady and Todd is normal weight to thin.  It would help if I knew how tall he was but I think he just looks really skinny bc he’s next to Buddy and Whitney.

Haha that's what I meant - I know he is the normal looking one in real life :)

• Love 2

There really needs to be a public service announcement about the dangers of hanging around Whitney -  

Buddy Season 1                                           Hanging with a needy over-eater                      Buddy now

image.thumb.png.38d0d9bad9a1385cbcdb40f725713bda.png 

• Love 19
On 7/17/2018 at 4:48 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

I'd wager the woman in the white tank top has a BMI that puts her in the morbidly obese category or close to it. I used to be that size. That is not a normal, healthy weight. The only person in that picture who isn't obese is Todd.

• Love 5
On 6/27/2018 at 1:26 PM, SevenCostanza said:

I lift weights consistently, and I can say that for a normal woman (i.e. not using steroids), it takes a LOT of work to build significant muscle. Doing Crossfit once a week is not going to cut it.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Emma C said:

I lift weights consistently, and I can say that for a normal woman (i.e. not using steroids), it takes a LOT of work to build significant muscle. Doing Crossfit once a week is not going to cut it.

I also lift consistently. My upper arms have actually *decreased* in size (along with the rest of me.) I'm a hella lot stronger, though. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Emma C said:

Same here and since I'm not on gear the extent to which I can build more muscle is rather limited. Defined and stronger, yes, but to put on significant mass I'd have to juice. And I lift heavy three days a week.

• Love 2