Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So Tal is moving into the Whitney Thore assisted living facility -

You saying this, makes me wonder if she should just adopt 600lber Sean, who, in his 20s, aspires to lose enough weight (he was pushing 1000), to get into an assisted living facility.
Now I'd watch that, for sure.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, auntjess said:

You saying this, makes me wonder if she should just adopt 600lber Sean, who, in his 20s, aspires to lose enough weight (he was pushing 1000), to get into an assisted living facility.
Now I'd watch that, for sure.

She can't take care of herself, so I doubt she would be much help to Sean.  I would hate to be behind her at the Sav-A-Lot - I imagine she smells of B.O and have Cheeto stains on her fingers and wearing her tank and spandex that she hasn't washed in a few days

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So Tal is moving into the Whitney Thore assisted living facility - where is Donna ? If she was smart she moved into her own place. I really don't get why at 34 you would want roomies unless it was for financial reasons, and I don't think Greensboro is that expensive.  She is a needy narcissist. I know this sounds mean, but honestly would love to lock her in a dark basement for 48 hours alone with a box of raisins and a water.   

It would have to be a soundproof basement. Otherwise, you'd go nuts from the whining.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She can't take care of herself, so I doubt she would be much help to Sean.  I would hate to be behind her at the Sav-A-Lot - I imagine she smells of B.O and have Cheeto stains on her fingers and wearing her tank and spandex that she hasn't washed in a few days

Hey, it's all good.  Sean can't shower either, and as long as she can go to the door for the pizza man...

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Remember this ?  Looks like Lady Liberty and the Michelin Man had a baby

image.png.0cc07017224326b102d6e310419fb42d.png

Thanks. I had forgotten how lacking in talent Lennie is. He fit right in with the rest of the gang.

• Love 5

Whitney was nude, under a sheet.  We were subjected to Whitney having her legs waxed because she wasn't sure what Lenny had in mind.  The "nude" scene wasn't gross, unlike Babs walking in to Donna massaging Whitney's bare breasts.

Maybe TLC production required that the sheet be in place.  You can only ask those poor folks to endure so much!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Brooks said:

Whitney was nude, under a sheet. 

To a visual artist, that would be a contradiction in terms. When you hire a professional model for a life drawing class, for example, and you ask for "nude," you mean you want to draw the bare body. If you want the class to work on shape and shadow, you will ask for "draped," which is what Whitney was.  (As an impoverished dance student in my younger days, I occasionally modeled for art classes, but I only did "draped" or "clothed."  Hint to Whitney - the less you are willing to wear, the higher the modeling fee.) Not that I would expect her to understand that. But telling Babs that Lennie wanted to paint her "nude" was, to me, an early example of how Whitney likes to scandalize her mother, exaggerate, try to shock and reach eagerly for the salacious whenever she can. Why would she assume that Lennie wanted to paint her naked, if he hadn't specifically said so? And why wouldn't she ask him? Sample conversation:

Artist: I would love to paint you. Would you be willing to model for me?

Flattered person: What would that involve?

Artist: [explains]

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Lennie Alehat's painting of Whitney.  Her mother was horrified when Whitney loudly announced she was "posing nude" for her new "boyfriend."

I totally need to find that episode where Lennie ghosted her and she did a drive by on her way to her fake radio show.  I also need to find the one where she said she had Roy "in the bag". God her delusions of grandeur just make me giggle

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Lennie Alehat's painting of Whitney.  Her mother was horrified when Whitney loudly announced she was "posing nude" for her new "boyfriend."

Remember how she got a Brazilian bikini wax for that?  I hate that I remember that.

19 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Here's the clip (scroll down) of Whitney telling her mother how Roy blew her off, when she thought she had him "in the bag."

Season 3, Ep 6 was when Whitney did the drive-by of Lennie. Bonus - it's also the ep where Will Powell fires her as a client.

This whole clip/conversation  ticks me off.  I only watch the show infrequently so I must have missed this the first time around.  First of, Whitney is not "newly single."  She wasn't married to Lennie so she was single and is still single.  She thought the relationship with Roy was "in the bag?"  What relationship???  They never dated, I don't even know if they ever even had any time alone.  And she thinks he led her on? I think he was doing his best to be polite to her, no leading on.  She can cry all she wants how she will never find a man because she is fat but until she does something about that all she is going to attract are fat fetishists. Nothing fabulous about that.

Edited by abbey
grammar
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, abbey said:

This whole clip/conversation  ticks me off.  I only watch the show infrequently so I must have missed this the first time around.  First of, Whitney is not "newly single."  She wasn't married to Lennie so she was single and is still single.  She thought the relationship with Roy was "in the bag?"  What relationship???  They never dated, I don't even know if they ever even had any time alone.  And she thinks he led her on? I think he was doing his best to be polite to her, no leading on.  She can cry all she wants how she will never find a man because she is fat but until she does something about that all she is going to attract are fat fetishists. Nothing fabulous about that.

I've forgotten who Roy is. Was that one of the guys at the radio station?

Whit is a legend in her own mind.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

This may have been discussed, but what happened to her friend Mattie ?

After she was prominently featured on MBFFL, Mattie started an SM campaign to get her own show on TLC. She has not been seen on MBFFL since. We did the math, and concluded that Whitney does not care for her sycophants trying to step up so blatantly.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I've forgotten who Roy is. Was that one of the guys at the radio station?

Whit is a legend in her own mind.

Yes, Roy was one of the DJ's at the radio station.  I honestly wonder if her "squad" would be around if it wasn't for filming. I doubt it. Why would anyone subject themselves willingly to Whits attitude, she has let this little cable show go to her head to think she is a star.  She is more like a planet called Ur-an-anus

1 minute ago, Ketzel said:

After she was prominently featured on MBFFL, Mattie started an SM campaign to get her own show on TLC. She has not been seen on MBFFL since. We did the math, and concluded that Whitney does not care for her sycophants trying to step up so blatantly.

Ah thanks, that would make sense as Whitney has to be the only star. That is too bad, Mattie seemed to be a really good friend to her and it wasn't like Mattie was some overweight dancer that didn't move her legs. Her show would have been inspiring to other transgender people out there.

• Love 9

Whitney's "connection" with Roy was an extreme example of her self-involved delusions. She met Roy on the first day of her "job" as an intern at the radio station, where he and two others were the hosts of an extremely popular program, The Maney, Roy and Lauren Morning Show. From his first appearance on MBFFL, Roy came across as a kind, funny, cute, mature, poised and friendly guy. He was also teetering on the brink of morbid obesity, and when he, Maney and Lauren took Whitney out to lunch that day, he graciously requested and obtained larger chairs at the restaurant for (if I recall correctly) both Whitney and himself, even though he was still capable of sitting comfortably in the standard chairs at the table.  Whitney immediately took his courtesy as an indication he had an "interest" in her, and in a TH expressed amusement at the very idea, plus, of course, she wasn't "single" at the time, she had Lennie.

In the course of lunchtime conversation that day between the four of them, when Whitney was talking about her No BS campaign, Roy mentioned that he wasn't comfortable with the word "fat."  Whitney proceeded to deliver a condescending lecture about self-acceptance. Maney, who seemed to have no patience with Whitney from the get-go, then asked Whitney if she would date a fat guy. You will not be surprised to learn her answer was no. All three of the radio folk were taken aback by her adamant response. Whitney took their reaction as Roy being disappointed he had no chance, and the other two being concerned for Roy's obvious feelings for her.  To make it clear to Roy it was "nothing personal," she explained that two fat people have logistical problems having sex, so she preferred to date guys in a normal weight range. "There can only be one fat person in a relationship!" she said cheerily.

From that lunch on, Whitney was completely convinced Roy was smitten with her, and there was absolutely nothing the poor guy could do or say to her, that she couldn't interpret as flirtatious in intent. Never mind that he was her boss. Never mind that he was eight or nine years younger than she was. Never mind that he was steadily losing weight at the time, which we know Whitney tends to interpret as rejection - but not in this case! (Also never mind that he was still a closeted gay man at work. That lends a whole new level of creepiness to the way Whitney eventually decided that Roy would, after all, be an acceptable replacement for the rapidly vanishing Lennie, and made some aggressive moves to make Roy's dreams come true and get with him.)  Roy was kind of slow to figure out what was going on, but when Whitney basically informed him she was now all his, he backed away so fast, you couldn't see him for the blur. To this day he maintains he did nothing that wasn't within the realm of professional behavior and she refuses to believe he wasn't deliberately leading her on. 

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 18
16 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney's "connection" with Roy was an extreme example of her self-involved delusions. She met Roy on the first day of her "job" as an intern at the radio station, where he and two others were the hosts of an extremely popular program, The Maney, Roy and Lauren Morning Show. From his first appearance on MBFFL, Roy came across as a kind, funny, cute, mature, poised and friendly guy. He was also teetering on the brink of morbid obesity, and when he, Maney and Lauren took Whitney out to lunch that day, he graciously requested and obtained larger chairs at the restaurant for (if I recall correctly) both Whitney and himself, even though he was still capable of sitting comfortably in the standard chairs at the table.  Whitney immediately took his courtesy as an indication he had an "interest" in her, and in a TH expressed amusement at the very idea, plus, of course, she wasn't "single" at the time, she had Lennie.

In the course of lunchtime conversation that day between the four of them, when Whitney was talking about her No BS campaign, Roy mentioned that he wasn't comfortable with the word "fat."  Whitney proceeded to deliver a condescending lecture about self-acceptance. Maney, who seemed to have no patience with Whitney from the get-go, then asked Whitney if she would date a fat guy. You will not be surprised to learn her answer was no. All three of the radio folk were taken aback by her adamant response. Whitney took their reaction as Roy being disappointed he had no chance, and the other two being concerned for Roy's obvious feelings for her.  To make it clear to Roy it was "nothing personal," she explained that two fat people have logistical problems having sex, so she preferred to date guys in a normal weight range. "There can only be one fat person in a relationship!" she said cheerily.

From that lunch on, Whitney was completely convinced Roy was smitten with her, and there was absolutely nothing the poor guy could do or say to her, that she couldn't interpret as flirtatious in intent. Never mind that he was her boss. Never mind that he was eight or nine years younger than she was. Never mind that he was steadily losing weight at the time, which we know Whitney tends to interpret as rejection - but not in this case! (Also never mind that he was still a closeted gay man at work. That lends a whole new level of creepiness to the way Whitney eventually decided that Roy would, after all, be an acceptable replacement for the rapidly vanishing Lennie, and made some aggressive moves to make Roy's dreams come true and get with him.)  Roy was kind of slow to figure out what was going on, but when Whitney basically informed him she was now all his, he backed away so fast, you couldn't see him for the blur. To this day he maintains he did nothing that wasn't within the realm of professional behavior and she refuses to believe he wasn't deliberately leading her on. 

OK. I thought I remembered that right. Roy set my gaydar off immediately. I can't fathom how he didn't at least ping Whitney's. Or maybe she only recognizes flamboyant queens like Tal and Todd and doesn't understand that most gay men *aren't* T&T.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, abbey said:

She thought the relationship with Roy was "in the bag?"  What relationship???  They never dated, I don't even know if they ever even had any time alone.  And she thinks he led her on? I think he was doing his best to be polite to her, no leading on.  

Not to mention the fact that Roy is gay.

• Love 1

Thank you Ketzel for explaining the evolution of Whitney's and Roy's "relationship"  I have a tendency to watch an episode or two, then be so disgusted by her I don't watch again for a few weeks.  So I missed the news that Roy was gay.  The episodes I did see did not show any kind of relationship between them other than as co-workers, so I was mystified by her comment in the clip referenced above that she thought their relationship was "in the bag".  Rather scary that she can be so delusional but she has certainly given us enough evidence of that.

2 minutes ago, abbey said:

Thank you Ketzel for explaining the evolution of Whitney's and Roy's "relationship"  I have a tendency to watch an episode or two, then be so disgusted by her I don't watch again for a few weeks.  So I missed the news that Roy was gay.  The episodes I did see did not show any kind of relationship between them other than as co-workers, so I was mystified by her comment in the clip referenced above that she thought their relationship was "in the bag".  Rather scary that she can be so delusional but she has certainly given us enough evidence of that.

I've said before that many obese young women are so starved for affection that they take the slightest bit of attention from the opposite sex as proof of undying love. I think Twit is one of them.

• Love 4

One of the things Roy did that was misinterpreted was the flowers he presented her at the fake ballroom dance competition.

Did Roy really not know it was a fake competition, or did he intentionally play into the fantasy.  Looking back, I'm a little surprised he attended and gave her flowers.

6 minutes ago, Brooks said:

One of the things Roy did that was misinterpreted was the flowers he presented her at the fake ballroom dance competition.

Did Roy really not know it was a fake competition, or did he intentionally play into the fantasy.  Looking back, I'm a little surprised he attended and gave her flowers.

He made it clear that the flowers were from the entire radio show cast, not just him. Also, PMG, the MBFFL prod. crew, apparently had a hand in Roy's playing into the fantasy to the extent of wanting him to woo Twit in the following season. He declined -- we know why now -- & the whole radio show story arc was dumped.

• Love 6

Thanks, Dot.  Still  has me wondering though if Roy knew the competition was fake.

It's still the MRL Show.  Roy is still there.  That must really piss off Whitney that she wasn't invited back.  Last we saw they were explaining to her that they couldn't make her an offer because they didn't know if their show would be renewed.  Apparently it was.  I think Roy has lost some weight but may have stalled.  Roy I consider a catch at almost any weight, not so much her diva-ness.

• Love 3

Has Twit been able to hold a job down ? The baseball stadium and radio & touring with the fitness marshall a complete bust, she pretty much lost BGDC to Todd. When this show ends she is gonna be in for a world of hurt being she hasn't held a steady job since Korea .  Also, I would guess when she goes on this No BS cruise she will have to use the gym showers ( as if she even showers more than once a week) as I doubt she can fit in a cabin shower and barely squeeze to use the toilet

• Love 3
2 hours ago, abbey said:

When it happened no one knew he was gay - he has come out since then.  But at the time he told Whitney he had a girlfriend and she called him a liar to his face and in front of his colleagues and just refused to believe it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Brooks said:

Thanks, Dot.  Still  has me wondering though if Roy knew the competition was fake.

It's still the MRL Show.  Roy is still there.  That must really piss off Whitney that she wasn't invited back.  Last we saw they were explaining to her that they couldn't make her an offer because they didn't know if their show would be renewed.  Apparently it was.  I think Roy has lost some weight but may have stalled.  Roy I consider a catch at almost any weight, not so much her diva-ness.

I'd like to see Todd or Tal nab Roy ??. What a story line!

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, The Tex Kitten said:

I'd like to see Todd or Tal nab Roy ??. What a story line!

Roy has not committed any sin great enough for me to wish Todd or Tal on him ;) I used to think Tal was okay, but yikes, not anymore.

• Love 3

How to express this....

Starving for attention

Stuffing her body with crap. 

Doing outrageous stuff to garner attention (preferably from the 'rents, but anybody will do)

Connection? I suspect so. My usual mantra: You can't fix what you're eating till you fix what's eating you. 

ETA: I am not a psychiatrist and they don't let me play one on TV. 

Edited by Colleenna
Additional thought.
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, princelina said:

When it happened no one knew he was gay - he has come out since then.  But at the time he told Whitney he had a girlfriend and she called him a liar to his face and in front of his colleagues and just refused to believe it.

That's right, but the weirdest part about Whitney accusing him of lying about having a girlfriend was not that she thought he was gay.  She didn't. It was really because she clearly thought he was too fat to be of interest to anybody but her. Therefore he was only using a made-up excuse to avoid admitting his attraction to her, and following through on what she saw as all his overtures to her.  She has so little self-awareness, it never occurred to her that her line of reasoning was incredibly insulting to Roy on any number of levels.

A guess at Whitney's thought process:

"No one is attracted to fat people, but I am the sole exception because I am so very fabulous. I transcend the normal reaction to morbid obesity. But Roy is just an ordinary fat man; no one could possibly want him, so he must be alone and unattached because, well, he's so fat.  And knowing me, how could he help but fall in love, because I am so very attractive and fabulous?  So he HAS to be lying when he says he's in a relationship, and all his texts and office flirtation didn't mean what I thought it did. He's lying, and he came on to me,  and he wants me bad, and if I just bully him enough, preferably on the air so Maney and Lauren can tease him about it, he'll admit it!"

Roy was amazingly patient and kind to her. But I expect in the end he had a lot to do with the station "letting her go." She was absolutely relentless.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 17

Ketzel that was an excellent recap. I am probably not remembering correctly but I thought Whitney sort of pressured Roy into obtaining a larger chair for himself.  And who could forget her lying on her stomach and inviting her new co-workers to touch the area near her hips/thighs (there is a Whitneyism for it but I can't remember it.)

• Love 5
9 hours ago, abbey said:

This whole clip/conversation  ticks me off.  I only watch the show infrequently so I must have missed this the first time around.  First of, Whitney is not "newly single."  She wasn't married to Lennie so she was single and is still single.

One does not have to be married to be not-single. Those are more than two choices for relationship status.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Ketzel that was an excellent recap. I am probably not remembering correctly but I thought Whitney sort of pressured Roy into obtaining a larger chair for himself.  And who could forget her lying on her stomach and inviting her new co-workers to touch the area near her hips/thighs (there is a Whitneyism for it but I can't remember it.)

She called it her "beg," for "back of the leg." She was trying to get Roy to touch her where her upper thigh became her lower buttock.

• Love 4

Thanks! Another one for the glossary.

Yeah what a pathetic way to get him to touch her. And, as I recall she was new to the job at that. Yeah, now that I think of it beg is a perfect description.

Edited by Me from ME
Added a thought
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

She called it her "beg," for "back of the leg." She was trying to get Roy to touch her where her upper thigh became her lower buttock.

Boo, you are just relentless -- do you maintain a Whitisms dictionary?

1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

Thanks! Another one for the glossary.

Yeah what a pathetic way to get him to touch her. And, as I recall she was new to the job at that. Yeah, now that I think of it beg is a perfect description.

Memories of Peg Bundy: "Al, rub my tushy..."

3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

That's right, but the weirdest part about Whitney accusing him of lying about having a girlfriend was not that she thought he was gay.  She didn't. It was really because she clearly thought he was too fat to be of interest to anybody but her. Therefore he was only using a made-up excuse to avoid admitting his attraction to her, and following through on what she saw as all his overtures to her.  She has so little self-awareness, it never occurred to her that her line of reasoning was incredibly insulting to Roy on any number of levels.

Right!  And no shame at all.  If I thought a guy was making up a girlfriend to let me down easy, I would quietly walk away, not demand on the radio that he admit he's lying and really wants to date me!  :D

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, princelina said:

Right!  And no shame at all.  If I thought a guy was making up a girlfriend to let me down easy, I would quietly walk away, not demand on the radio that he admit he's lying and really wants to date me!  :D

I agree! What was she thinking? He was trying so hard to avoid the dating question he had to make up an imaginary girl? Doesn't that tell you how not into you he is?

• Love 11
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, PityFree said:

Remember how she got a Brazilian bikini wax for that?  I hate that I remember that.

No need to be graphic, but how was she able to do that?  The process requires a modicum of flexibility.  I don't want to dwell on the imagery for too long . . . 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LookABird said:

No need to be graphic, but how was she able to do that?  The process requires a modicum of flexibility.  I don't want to dwell on the imagery for too long . . . 

What *is* a Brazilian anyway? The only thing I have ever had waxed is my car.....

• Love 1