Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

She has no respect for other people's personal space, sitting on them, forcing people to hug her, etc...

It is horrifying that in Whitney's case, the "etc" includes "having your gay BFF rub anti-friction cream on your taint."

• Love 4
On 12/1/2018 at 10:53 AM, crazycatlady58 said:

Please tell me what FWB stands for. I am old so not current on all the new abbreviations. All I can think of is former white boyfriend but I doubt that is what it means. 

I've found that urban dictionary is my friend, for lots of phrases and acronyms.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I've watched a few earlier episodes lately as well (I think some were season 1) and you are more observant than I am, @Pachengala! I missed that Tal was drinking wine. I agree that she's become less and less likable as time has gone by. 

It was in the scene where Ashley and Tal are helping Whit get ready for her date. I was really surprised, as they’ve since made a point of noting he’s now in recovery. Also of note in that scene: Ashley is doing just a terrible job on Whit’s makeup. Her eye makeup is uneven and completely different on each eye. The guy she goes on a date with is super hot and clearly being paid to be there.

Part of me wants to do an entire series marathon to catch definitive Way-Thore moments like the leg-shaving, but for all her braying about her fabulosity, Whitney’s sad little life is pretty boring. I just don’t think I’ve got it in me. 

Edited by Pachengala
‘Day’ is not ‘date’
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Anyway, to the point! I've been watching the very first episode as I can fit in snippets, and, oh my word, it's just A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SHOW. 

1) When her date told her she didn't need to lose any weight, she was like, "That's not going to happen! I need to get to a weight where I can do the things I want to," and then notes that if she gains any more weight, she won't be able to tie her own shoes. Which season was it that she shared she cannot tie her own shoes? 

2) People around Whitney describe her as "selfless," "caring," and "sweet." Even Todd has nice things to say about her, and we know Todd hates her bitchy ass. 

3) Tal is drinking wine! How did he become sober and go into rehab in this short amount of time? 

4) Whitney seems sympathetic and relatable. She seems sincere about wanting to be healthy and lose some weight, and when her dad harangues her for a specific goal weight and plan, I almost felt a little sorry for her. The Whitney I know today is such a noxious, miserable dick that I have never even come close to feeling sorry for her, even when I should (see the ski incident, above). 

Of course, some things never change, and she's still as physically and socially inappropriate as ever. Also, I'll express the unpopular opinion that she looks as heavy back then as she looks now. It just seems like she took better care of herself and had a little more pride in her appearance then. I imagine the pain and difficulty of carrying around that much weight, and losing so much of your quality of life, would take the will to thrive out of anyone; we sort of watch her decline in front of our eyes. And when I put it like that, I do actually feel sorry for her. Let's blame the holidays, making my heart grow three sizes or something. 

* Yeah. And a completely different Whitney. Fast forward to today, she has no plans to lose weight. I wish she'd address this change of heart on the show, but it's become a circus of fake stories. I am interested in her actual life, not the fake storylines the show has become.

And I still wonder--was she always an asshole and the niceness in season one was fake, or was she actually nice and became an asshole because of tv (a fate which has befallen many others). 

* I think it's common to assume that anyone who goes through rehab will flounder and take forever to adjust. Some people do so quite quickly and easily but you wouldn't know it by all the train wrecks featured on tv. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

And I still wonder--was she always an asshole and the niceness in season one was fake, or was she actually nice and became an asshole because of tv (a fate which has befallen many others). 

I vote the former, she just had an excellent Season 1 edit because TLC wanted people to watch the show.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I vote the former, she just had an excellent Season 1 edit because TLC wanted people to watch the show.

I wondered about nice v. asshole, too, so I skimmed thru the forum comments for S-1, eps 2 & 3 -- couldn't find any ep 1 comments. ALL indicate she was just as awful then as she is now. The only dif being the premise of the show, viz., we were supposedly watching a young woman losing wgt but not letting that wgt stop her from doing things she enjoys in the meanwhile.

• Love 3

I think someone has created a perfect story arc. I believe that after hitting rock bottom she is on a well crafted redemption phase. I also think that after last season she was in danger of having the show cancelled unless she started exercising. It seems as if she has lost weight, she's still morbidly obese but not as much as some of the early talking heads where her belly is like a big round shelf.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

the early talking heads where her belly is like a big round shelf.

It has always amused me that in her TH's, the only thing holding up her boobs is her stomach.

Generally it's a better idea to get a good bra to do that, instead of eating your way to morbid obesity and having your stomach take on that task.

Edited by Sasha888
It's TH, not TD, that means touchdown!
  • Love 5

That's known as grape juice. :D 

Heh. I agree, but... I have a friend who loves wine but wanted to cut back on her alcohol consumption. She drank some fairly tasty non-alcoholic wine. Looked just like the real thing. 

• Love 1

Non-alcoholic wine? Maybe?

There was a video that Twit posted of her and Tal singing karaoke while in a closet. They were obviously under the influence of something, many of us commented on it at the time. Oh yeah, they were both scantily clad. He was obviously shirtless as was she, except for a sheet that she had loosely wrapped around herself which was slipping down. I don't remember which season it was but I think she had moved into her own house although she might have still been renting. I recall the comments were "What the f**k is that about?"

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Me from ME said:

There was a video that Twit posted of her and Tal singing karaoke while in a closet. They were obviously under the influence of something, many of us commented on it at the time. Oh yeah, they were both scantily clad. He was obviously shirtless as was she, except for a sheet that she had loosely wrapped around herself which was slipping down. I don't remember which season it was but I think she had moved into her own house although she might have still been renting. I recall the comments were "What the f**k is that about?"

Ugh, I remember that incident. Twit and her barnacles need to grow the hell up. Getting hammered or high (or both) and taking your clothes off and singing in a closet screams "I'm 18, I just got to college and have escaped my parents rules, whee!!!" But these were people in their 30's. By the time I was 32 I'd gone through a really ugly, bitter divorce and I had a career and a mortgage to worry about, and a bunch of debt to pay off because of my stupid ex. And none of my friends would have been up for something like that either. Twit never grew up and she somehow found a group of barnacles that need to grow the hell up, too.

Edited by Sasha888
missed a word!
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Me from ME said:

There was a video that Twit posted of her and Tal singing karaoke while in a closet. They were obviously under the influence of something. . .

Yeah, and Donna was there, too.

I've always figured Tal's rehab began after he left -- lost? -- his h.s. counseling job. That was July 2015, according to his FB bio. It seems peculiar to me that the job only lasted 2 years which makes me think it wasn't his idea to quit.

• Love 3

So I am confused about the Tal timeline - so he is in recovery still ( he mentioned this on the show ) ? I wonder when his problem started ? It is not unusual for a former addict to become a counselor - but I would think that you would have to be 100 % sober of all ( drugs,alcohol ) to keep that position. Yet, I am reading that he has been seen ( photos on FB or IG ) drinking -

He has gone from one disgusting habit to another ( Whitney )  

• Love 1

Re Tal drinking wine - no one thinks his rehab/abstaining is yet another fake thing on this show?  Or maybe I wasn't recalling any mention of it (highly possible for me) before he became Buddy's sober buddy.

• Love 2

I agree so much, Majamidfraudedme.

I just don't get how people can believe her AND like her???!!!

Desperation for larger size role models????

Stupidity???

Not being able to leave the house????

Really.  Can someone explain her appeal? 

• Love 2

Her message, that you don’t need to change a single thing about you and F anyone who says different, is super appealing on its surface. If you were, say, 380 pounds, ate like shit, were careening toward diabetes and heart disease, and were too unmotivated to do something about it, that message would be just the thing! What a comforting thought! I’m perfect just like this!

The problem is that the message is reductive and ultimately harmful. You could, hypothetically, be healthy and fat, but Whitney isn’t. You could love yourself even while acknowledging you have work to do, but Whitney doesn’t. You could live the life you love while being overweight, but Whitney isn’t. And finally, every one of us has something we could change to support our health and life, not just fat people. So saying you don’t need to change a thing is just plain false. It’s fitspo for lazy people. It’s fatspo.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Pachengala said:

It's fitspo for lazy people. It’s fatspo.

I loved your whole comment, @Pachengala, but particularly this!

I confess having to go to the Urban Dict. to understand it. For anyone else in my situation: it's short for fitsporation, which is images of strong, active, fit women who promote proper exercise & diet.

You really nailed it, @Pachengala!

• Love 3
On 12/13/2018 at 6:13 PM, Tosia said:

Really.  Can someone explain her appeal?

I've often thought the same thing, and when I saw your question, I thought "no, no one will be able to explain why anyone likes Twit"...but then @Pachengala actually did a hell of a job explaining it!

I guess if you are like Twit...a morbidly obese person who is in a desperate state of denial, you probably would love to hear this deluded woman tell you that you're not on the road to diabetes, or immobility! You're awesome and you shouldn't change anything! You're healthy and sexy and senshus and if other people can't see that, that's THEIR problem, not yours.

I think you've got to be really gullible, delusional, and desperate to be a Twit fan...which is why the term NitWhit fits so perfectly!

I still don't get how anyone could stand her personality, she's such a jackass...but I guess if you're hearing what you want to hear, you overlook that.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I've often thought the same thing, and when I saw your question, I thought "no, no one will be able to explain why anyone likes Twit"...but then @Pachengala actually did a hell of a job explaining it!

I guess if you are like Twit...a morbidly obese person who is in a desperate state of denial, you probably would love to hear this deluded woman tell you that you're not on the road to diabetes, or immobility! You're awesome and you shouldn't change anything! You're healthy and sexy and senshus and if other people can't see that, that's THEIR problem, not yours.

I think you've got to be really gullible, delusional, and desperate to be a Twit fan...which is why the term NitWhit fits so perfectly!

I still don't get how anyone could stand her personality, she's such a jackass...but I guess if you're hearing what you want to hear, you overlook that.

And they can't own mirrors. 

Or move much more than from bed to table to car and back.   Cuz much more movement would hurt their obese joints. 

Sure, we can own self-esteem and body love no matter what size or shape we are.   We need to do so to enable our self-care, mentally and physically. 

But we also, IMO, need to be honest with ourselves.

Be responsible for eating healthy and moving reasonably more for flexibility and heart strength. 

Be strong and proud. 

But fucking care for yourself in a safe and smart way.  

Twit's personality and barnacles are beyond help. 

• Love 11
On 12/5/2018 at 2:26 PM, Cache said:

Re Tal drinking wine - no one thinks his rehab/abstaining is yet another fake thing on this show?  Or maybe I wasn't recalling any mention of it (highly possible for me) before he became Buddy's sober buddy.

Maybe just my naïveté, but I do think Tal and Buddy’s recoveries are/were real.  Buddy’s I’m sure could have been played up or exaggerated because it was documented on the show, but I do think it was real and so was his rehab.  Tal’s I think was real and not for a storyline, but just mentioned as part of his history.  It’s one of the few things I think is real on this show.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Tosia said:

And they can't own mirrors. 

Or move much more than from bed to table to car and back.   Cuz much more movement would hurt their obese joints. 

Sure, we can own self-esteem and body love no matter what size or shape we are.   We need to do so to enable our self-care, mentally and physically. 

But we also, IMO, need to be honest with ourselves.

Be responsible for eating healthy and moving reasonably more for flexibility and heart strength. 

Be strong and proud. 

But fucking care for yourself in a safe and smart way.  

Twit's personality and barnacles are beyond help.

Absolutely! And that's not what she's preaching. Her message is dangerous, which is pretty much what pisses a lot of people off. Her message is definitely not to take care of yourself in a safe and smart way, as you say.

I used to get furious when I'd take my mom to the store after a chemo or radiation treatment and we had to wait for one of those electric scooters grocery stores have....not because we had to wait, but because inevitably when someone returned the scooter, it would be an extremely obese person. Part of it was the frustration of having lost my dad to cancer and the knowledge that I was also quickly losing my mom to it also, so I admit, I was not in the best of moods....but it just royally pissed me off to see that. My mom really NEEDED a scooter. I tried to get her to buy her own, but she had a hard time admitting she even needed one in the store, and it probably was good for her to walk as much as she could, but man she was wiped out after treatments and it just torked me off to wait for someone to bring one back and their reason for needing one was not a thing like cancer. They caused their own immobility damn it, my mom didn't, she had something she could not control. 

Or when we couldn't find a handicapped spot (I had a hell of time convincing her she needed that as well, but it was getting dangerous to have her walking a long ways in an icy parking lot) and if I'd drive around the lot for awhile and wait for a spot to open up, it would be someone whose handicap was their weight, and it just infuriated me. My mom was 78 and had cancer, that's a pretty damn serious problem and we could not fix it. We were doing everything we could, but we were losing the battle. And then to have the scooters and parking spaces she needed being taken up by obese people, it just really ticked me off.

A lot of that was the situation I think, because now I don't get so mad when I see that kind of thing. I mostly feel sorry for them...but I kind of wonder, how do they not see this as a problem? You have gotten to the point that you can't walk around the grocery store anymore, yet there you are on a scooter buying more garbage food to make yourself even worse? 

And this is the type of person who loves Whitney's message. This fit and healthy thing is such a lie. I don't care how much she's in the gym, she's not losing any significant amount of weight and it hurts my joints just to watch her. We never heard another word about her diabetes scare, we don't hear about her cholesterol, which has to be through the roof, or blood pressure, etc. If you want to claim you're so healthy despite being overweight, show us that stuff! Show me some real tests from a real doctor and then maybe I'll believe you. She can't, because no reputable doctor would tell her on camera that she's just fine the way she is and doesn't need to lose any weight.

My doc certainly does. He tells me my numbers are good FOR NOW but he'd like to see me 10 to 20 lbs lighter, and if I don't the numbers will creep up. And that's what I need to hear, not some garbage about how airlines are so mean because they don't make seats to fit Twit, or restaurants are awful and shaming if they have arms on their chairs.

Sorry for the long rant but her dangerous message that the whole world needs to change, not her, really gets my dander up sometimes!

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Maybe just my naïveté, but I do think Tal and Buddy’s recoveries are/were real.  Buddy’s I’m sure could have been played up or exaggerated because it was documented on the show, but I do think it was real and so was his rehab.  Tal’s I think was real and not for a storyline, but just mentioned as part of his history.  It’s one of the few things I think is real on this show.

There is a school of thought that claims you can imbibe minimally while still in recovery. It's the idea that you can't totally avoid being around alcohol, and there are some personalities that will do a little better with reduction rather than complete avoidance. I don't know how popular it is or how well it works, but it speaks to the evolution of recovery as an individual versus a one-size-fits-all approach. I'm agnostic on the actual recovery method, as long as the person gets well and feels good in the process. Much like I'm not going to shame a pregnant woman for her small glass of wine on special occasions, I'm not going to shame a recovering alcoholic (it was alcohol, right?) for a small bit of wine here and there. Then again, what was in his glass might well have been juice. My partner and I found Dry January to be tedious, but we got by with a few mocktails that looked suspiciously like mixed drinks.

However, I don't disagree with you that their recoveries might have been legitimate. I do think Buddy really did go to rehab, but I also think he'll hit the sauce again if he spends more time with Whitney. It seems to me that his recovery may still be a bit fragile at this point. It was my understanding that Tal's recovery and work as a counselor came long before the show, but I don't trust anything on this show to be genuine, except for the Thore family's slow but sure decline in health, and that poor horse's back pain. 

Edited by monagatuna
I misread the quote, duh!
  • Love 9
On 12/14/2018 at 9:51 PM, Sasha888 said:

Hell, I would have been a NitWhit several years ago.  I was 380 pounds.  But I was healthy!  All my labs were FINE!  

And then I got severe cellulitis in my left leg.

And then my knees went to shit.

And then I couldn't take 5 steps without sounding like I was having an asthma attack.  Or a heart attack.

And then it was impossible to keep myself clean with all the fat rolls.  (Black ring on my neck.  Bleh.)

And then it was impossible to find clothes that fit for a professional job.

And so, I had weight loss surgery.   Because newsflash, I WASN'T HEALTHY.  I permanently fucked up the circulation in my left leg as well as my knees.  I'm still above my "ideal" weight, but I can take walks, climb all over castle ruins in Europe, and live my life without worrying about how being heavy holds me back.  Oh, and I'm totally addicted to Starbucks too, but mine is a nonfat latte with sugar free syrup once a week.  I treat myself to fast food once a week.  I'm not depriving myself.  THAT is a fabulous life, Whitney.  Not what you have.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, kattybiz said:

And so, I had weight loss surgery.   Because newsflash, I WASN'T HEALTHY.  I permanently fucked up the circulation in my left leg as well as my knees.  I'm still above my "ideal" weight, but I can take walks, climb all over castle ruins in Europe, and live my life without worrying about how being heavy holds me back.  Oh, and I'm totally addicted to Starbucks too, but mine is a nonfat latte with sugar free syrup once a week.  I treat myself to fast food once a week.  I'm not depriving myself.  THAT is a fabulous life, Whitney.  Not what you have.

That is AWESOME!!! :-) Congrats!

I am above "ideal" as well and my labs are fine....BUT, my lab numbers are always creeping up a little more every year, and I want it stopped before it becomes a problem. So I am doing something about it. My Dr would like me to drop 20 lbs or so, I would like more than that mostly because of what I've seen happen with the women in my family when they get around my age (45)...this is when my mom started putting on serious weight, and many other relatives. 

Twit is going to find out firsthand how dangerous her message is one of these days, when her knees or some other serious thing goes. She has prominently placed "This is NOT A WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM" on her new nobsactive website. She pisses me off with that behavior...she acts like "weight loss" is a filthy phrase that should never be uttered (and she certainly doesn't mind OTHER filthy phrases!). She talks a big game about people saying "shaming" things, but she is practically shaming people for wanting to lose weight. 

Whitney is NOT my inspiration to change, people like you are. And the tons of other people on this board who have shared their stories.

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

That is AWESOME!!! :-) Congrats!

I am above "ideal" as well and my labs are fine....BUT, my lab numbers are always creeping up a little more every year, and I want it stopped before it becomes a problem. So I am doing something about it. My Dr would like me to drop 20 lbs or so, I would like more than that mostly because of what I've seen happen with the women in my family when they get around my age (45)...this is when my mom started putting on serious weight, and many other relatives. 

Twit is going to find out firsthand how dangerous her message is one of these days, when her knees or some other serious thing goes. She has prominently placed "This is NOT A WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM" on her new nobsactive website. She pisses me off with that behavior...she acts like "weight loss" is a filthy phrase that should never be uttered (and she certainly doesn't mind OTHER filthy phrases!). She talks a big game about people saying "shaming" things, but she is practically shaming people for wanting to lose weight. 

Whitney is NOT my inspiration to change, people like you are. And the tons of other people on this board who have shared their stories.

Great point about Twit's shaming of weight loss.  

Good luck on your health journey. 

I'm 64 and the dr put me on metformin and a statin cuz my numbers were high,  plus i was about 70 lb overweight in march this past year.

I've lost 20 lbs since then cuz metformin is kind of an appetite suppressant and makes you have reflux if you eat fried food, so it keeps you on a healthier path.  Pkus I was doing a major garden overhaul this summer and got lots of exercise that way,  aside from water zumba which is really fun.  

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I've lost 20 lbs since then cuz metformin is kind of an appetite suppressant and makes you have reflux if you eat fried food, so it keeps you on a healthier path.  Pkus I was doing a major garden overhaul this summer and got lots of exercise that way,  aside from water zumba which is really fun.

Congratulations, and water zumba does sound fun! I love to swim, wish I lived near a gym with a pool. I'd have to drive an hour. :-(

I appreciate all the tips I see here...people saying "find an exercise you LIKE" has made me think long and hard, because I do dread exercising. And with a pool too far away, I thought about it awhile and realized the next best thing I like doing is dancing! No, not twerking and shoving my ass at people who'd rather not be sexually harassed, actually dancing. ;-)

I'm just starting out, but I tried a belly dancing DVD. Cheap as hell on Amazon (I am Amazon's bitch, I admit it!). If you're out of shape like me, you FEEL that in your core, thighs, etc. What Twit did on the show was NOT belly dancing. It's not cardio for sure, but I'm moving, and it's working some muscles! Good for my crappy balance, too.

Just doing that DVD once, listening to the instructor and really engaging my muscles and doing the moves properly, was enough for me to realize what Twit called belly dancing was crap...just more of her usual shaking around and not caring about actual technique. 

But what do I know, she's got a "professional dance career". 

• Love 4

My sister is rather overweight and she loves belly dancing! She works really hard at it and has gotten really good. She's going to do a dance at my wedding next year! She absolutely loves it and is so excited every time she dances. I haven't really gotten into it but the one time I tried it I definitely felt it. I don't know if she's lost any weight but she's definitely healthier and happier. Go for it!

• Love 3
On 12/16/2018 at 4:19 PM, monagatuna said:

My sister is rather overweight and she loves belly dancing! She works really hard at it and has gotten really good. She's going to do a dance at my wedding next year! She absolutely loves it and is so excited every time she dances. I haven't really gotten into it but the one time I tried it I definitely felt it. I don't know if she's lost any weight but she's definitely healthier and happier. Go for it!

I think that's a really cool idea! Very unique. :-)

And yep, the first time you do it, the next day you feel some muscles you didn't know you had! Unless you just shake and twerk around like an idiot, a la Twit. 

I want to see Sweatney try Bollywood dancing. I have a Bollywood DVD I like to do, and it's faster paced than belly dance. Parts of the DVD are slower and lower impact (which is better for me, I need to limit impact on my knees...I modify some things due to that. Fibromyalgia has done a number on my knees) but other parts get a lot faster and I had to work up to that. And I have a beginner DVD. I'd like to see Miss Professional Dancer keep up with even the beginner stuff I do. 

Both of these DVDs I do have very interesting info on the meaning of the movements, and you can learn some foreign words & culture, etc. I like that, I need things to be interesting so I'll get off my butt and do some physical activity. :-)

But Twit, nah...she can't stick with anything long enough to learn anything. She just wants to shake her flab and do her porn-style crap that she calls "dancing". Whenever I hear the words "My dance career" come out of her mouth, I want to puke. 

• Love 9

I think Bollywood would be an incredible workout! Of course, Twit would half-ass her way through one lesson and then suddenly become a Bollywood star, the first white person to star in and win awards for a Bollywood film, and the people of India would invite her to come and speak about body shaming and saying things like WERK and CLURB and INDIER in a country that has one of the most ancient and richest cultures in the world. I would say they would treat her like one of their sacred cows, but that's cruel--cows are gentle, beautiful, noble animals.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I think Bollywood would be an incredible workout! Of course, Twit would half-ass her way through one lesson and then suddenly become a Bollywood star, the first white person to star in and win awards for a Bollywood film, and the people of India would invite her to come and speak about body shaming and saying things like WERK and CLURB and INDIER in a country that has one of the most ancient and richest cultures in the world. I would say they would treat her like one of their sacred cows, but that's cruel--cows are gentle, beautiful, noble animals.

100% accurate (don't give her any ideas). She's already tried to endear herself to Judaism, lord help us if she tries to wiggle her way into India culture. It's so disrespectful, mainly because for her, it's not genuine interest.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Is “Single, Fat, Crazy” the new season because if so it’s on now.  I thought it started January 1st? Or is it an old episode I gave up on?

TLC is doing the same thing as last season…previewing the first episode a couple weeks before the premiere.  I'll create a thread for it.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, shame95 said:

it should be noted at least tlc did the responsible thing of having 600 pound life on after it who kno at this rate they may do a crossover 

It would be more delicious if M600PL and Sweatney were on the same night, Sweatney at 8 immediately followed by Dr. Now. 

:-D

• Love 4

So, with all the noise Whitney is making about her new on-line exercise business with Ryan, I was reminded of her original venture into making money through exercise -- Werk With Whitney, the set of DVDs allegedly made during Season 3. (I say "allegedly" because the set, when it came out in October of 2016, seemed to bear little-to-no resemblance to the filmed scenes of her creating the videos.)  The set of two DVDs, one containing 5 workout routines and one containing 5 dance routines, was originally priced at $59.99 plus some very high shipping costs. That was a very high price at the time for work-out videos. It was initially advertised in a somewhat misleading fashion which, along with the price, led many of the buyers to believe it was a 10 DVD set, with 5 DVDs each of dance and workout routines.  Many of the eager buyers began complaining quite loudly on her SM. Although she, at first, defended the pricing (not her fault, the producers of the DVD set the price!) and the limited content (no one else is doing anything like this!) she eventually backed down. The price dropped to $39.99 plus very high shipping costs (buyers at the higher price were given refunds for the difference) and her advertising began to make clear the the set was a 2 DVD set.

And then something odd happened. Werk With Whitney started to fade away. In the beginning, it was only sold from her NoBS online store. It did get a fair amount of notice, particularly in the North Carolina area, and it seemed to be selling. But none of the sites that review work-out videos mentioned it at all. No one was blogging about it - - not even any of her devoted fans. It wasn't picked up by Amazon. It didn't show up in any library catalogs in the US. Only one listing in the past two years for a used set on ebay, that sold for $20. There were snippets posted by Whitney on YouTube, but as of today, they've all been taken down. In fact, as of today, there seems to be no way to acquire or view Werk With Whitney, unless you know someone who happened to have bought it in the first month or so of its release. (Well, I did find a few copies listed in libraries in Alberta, Canada - anyone here want to borrow one and give us a review?)

I'm mystified. Was it so bad that they had to pull it off the market? Did they sell only a handful and decide to dump the rest at pennies on the dollar in foreign markets? Was there some litigation? Who knows?

• Love 7

So I just watched an episode of 600 lb life called Half Ton killer transformed. This woman had been over 1000 lbs and got down to 450 before having weight loss surgery. So at 450lbs with a ton of saggy skin (although she did have some skin surgery) she still managed to wear real clothes and she looked pretty good. Whitney pay attention. It’s possible to wear a top and pants and shoes. Cover up your body. No one needs to see all that at any size. 

Oh and this woman got a job even though she’s obese. Again Whitney - you can get a job. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 7
On 1/2/2019 at 4:19 PM, Ketzel said:

So, with all the noise Whitney is making about her new on-line exercise business with Ryan, I was reminded of her original venture into making money through exercise -- Werk With Whitney, the set of DVDs allegedly made during Season 3. (I say "allegedly" because the set, when it came out in October of 2016, seemed to bear little-to-no resemblance to the filmed scenes of her creating the videos.)  The set of two DVDs, one containing 5 workout routines and one containing 5 dance routines, was originally priced at $59.99 plus some very high shipping costs. That was a very high price at the time for work-out videos. It was initially advertised in a somewhat misleading fashion which, along with the price, led many of the buyers to believe it was a 10 DVD set, with 5 DVDs each of dance and workout routines.  Many of the eager buyers began complaining quite loudly on her SM. Although she, at first, defended the pricing (not her fault, the producers of the DVD set the price!) and the limited content (no one else is doing anything like this!) she eventually backed down. The price dropped to $39.99 plus very high shipping costs (buyers at the higher price were given refunds for the difference) and her advertising began to make clear the the set was a 2 DVD set.

And then something odd happened. Werk With Whitney started to fade away. In the beginning, it was only sold from her NoBS online store. It did get a fair amount of notice, particularly in the North Carolina area, and it seemed to be selling. But none of the sites that review work-out videos mentioned it at all. No one was blogging about it - - not even any of her devoted fans. It wasn't picked up by Amazon. It didn't show up in any library catalogs in the US. Only one listing in the past two years for a used set on ebay, that sold for $20. There were snippets posted by Whitney on YouTube, but as of today, they've all been taken down. In fact, as of today, there seems to be no way to acquire or view Werk With Whitney, unless you know someone who happened to have bought it in the first month or so of its release. (Well, I did find a few copies listed in libraries in Alberta, Canada - anyone here want to borrow one and give us a review?)

I'm mystified. Was it so bad that they had to pull it off the market? Did they sell only a handful and decide to dump the rest at pennies on the dollar in foreign markets? Was there some litigation? Who knows?

It's verrrry interesting. At one point Sweatney advertised that it was available from nobodyshame website, so I just went there, and poof, like magic, it's not there. 

• Love 3