Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

On 1/20/2019 at 9:57 AM, ClareWalks said:

Re: frappuccinos (from Old Habits Die Hard thread, I didn't want to keep going too far OT), I just googled the calorie count of heavy cream, which is 36% milk fat, and it is 820 calories per cup. HOLY FUCK. Whole milk, which is 3.5% milk fat, is as high as Starbucks' nutrition info goes, and only has 150 calories a cup. If she is getting grande fraps with heavy cream, they are EASILY 1200 calories apiece. That is so repulsive. And each flavored grande frap has about 70 grams of sugar. No wonder she has diabetes. I cannot believe this fuckin' idiot doesn't just make one small change to get her frappuccinos with whole milk instead of heavy fucking cream. She'd probably lose 10 lb a month without even trying. I'm gonna puke now.

Heavy cream in a frap is way beyond gross. Plus all that sugary syrup no wonder why she has the Diabeetus.

• Love 10

I drink my coffee with heavy cream (but no sugar) because I'm following a high fat, extremely low carb diet.  But by heavy cream I mean I use a spoonful of it.  There is a place for it in a diet but just not what Whitney is doing with it.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

At least the older seasons were only 30 minutes each.  This 2 hours per episode is way too much.

IIRC,  the first 3 eps of last season were 2 hours each, and then they went down to 1 hour.  Producers said they had "too much good" material, so they lengthened the first three weeks.  Either that, or TLC had too many gaps in the schedule and were plugging up time slots with whatever they had on hand.  But there is hope that the 2 hour shows won't last all season . . . I hope!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

IIRC,  the first 3 eps of last season were 2 hours each, and then they went down to 1 hour.  Producers said they had "too much good" material, so they lengthened the first three weeks.  Either that, or TLC had too many gaps in the schedule and were plugging up time slots with whatever they had on hand.  But there is hope that the 2 hour shows won't last all season . . . I hope!

Too much good material?????

Fake Buddy obsession from Twit and Heather?

Fake Buddy addiction relapse? 

Fake Buddy disappearance?  

Pulleeeze. 

Don't care.

• Love 3

I've watched the first one, where Whit moves to the house she's in now.  Also, her first date with Lennie.
Highlight for me, is when Babs is taking her to get her nails done, criticizes her deportment, and calls her, and mocks her, on the snorting laugh.

• Love 7

From th WTF thread...

"Ive seen kids (please note - kids, not 30 somethings) cut t-shirts into a crop without adding anything. They tend to just show some belly so it’s just a “too short” t-shirt. They don’t need anything to stay in place. Sometimes they are cut ragged and sometime just cut. 

The bigger take away from this is that the t-shirt in it’s regular form only covers her boobs and she thinks that makes it great. "

Okay, I readily admit to being a stick in the mud, but I find this unattractive on any female over 13. Personally, I don't like clothes that touch me (other than things that have to, like bras and underwear.) Everything I have is "too big." It's not body shame --- it's decorum. Nobody needs to see my boobular area, or my crotchular region. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Bunnygirl said:

I’ve thought of a new nickname that has nothing to do with her weight, but is accurate nonetheless. I apologize in advance, if someone else has already used  it.    “ HalfWhit”.    HA!

Or her new FULL name: Twitney Waytoofat Bore.

• Love 5
On 1/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, minamreeka said:

I drink my coffee with heavy cream (but no sugar) because I'm following a high fat, extremely low carb diet.  But by heavy cream I mean I use a spoonful of it.  There is a place for it in a diet but just not what Whitney is doing with it.

Do we know that she actually  means HEAVY CREAM and isn't doing the southern thing of saying "cream in my coffee" meaning milk or half-and-half? I remember the first time I went to the UK in my teens and a big point was to ask for milk in coffee, not cream because "cream" would be interpreted as heavy cream and not what most Americans meant by the phrase "coffee with cream". Not that I don't find it Very Believable that she is, in fact, asking for heavy cream in her coffee, but thought it might be worth clarifying. Half and half is about as heavy a milk-esque additive I can stand in my coffee. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

Do we know that she actually  means HEAVY CREAM and isn't doing the southern thing of saying "cream in my coffee" meaning milk or half-and-half? 

My last time to comment on this, since I have said the same damn thing at least a half-dozen times in this forum:

Twit said to her fans she asks for whipped cream & extra heavy cream in her Starbucks beverage. I don't see the controversy in this.

BTW, @Ketzel also heard her say this & has backed me up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 2019-01-27 at 7:10 PM, Dot said:

My last time to comment on this, since I have said the same damn thing at least a half-dozen times in this forum:

Twit said to her fans she asks for whipped cream & extra heavy cream in her Starbucks beverage. I don't see the controversy in this.

BTW, @Ketzel also heard her say this & has backed me up.

How can anyone even call that a coffee drink...that is nasty all you would taste is cream and sugar. I take a half teaspoon of sugar in my espresso...regular coffee black or with a splash of 2%.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, Rabbittron said:

hopefully there'll be a crossover show with 600-lb Life with her in it.

Oh, can you imagine the discussions during appointments between Whitney and Dr. Now? Really, this would be ratings GOLD!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, B in Lee said:

Oh, can you imagine the discussions during appointments between Whitney and Dr. Now? Really, this would be ratings GOLD!

Hypothetically, it'd probably go something like the conversation between her and Will when he "let her go" her as a client after finding  junk food trash, a giant cookie and sugary coffee-drink evidence in her SUV. 

I don't see Whitney doing gastric bypass, ever. It would go against everything she stands for as a fat person with her no BS platform. First, she'd have to admit wanting to lose weight (I think she's secretly pleased when she does but won't admit it). Second, she'd have to admit she has a problem with over-eating and food addiction. Third, she is not big enough for Dr. Nowzaradan--not for the show anyways. She's the size they tend to be a year after surgery. 

However, I've learned to never say never. Jennifer Lawrence once said she'd "never" diet just for a role, yet she wound up doing it eventually. People can and do change their minds. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

First, she'd have to admit wanting to lose weight (I think she's secretly pleased when she does but won't admit it).

Totally agree, except for the "secretly" part. She may think she is being coy about it, but she always manages to mention it, or put up a selfie that invites a "before and after"comparison, or admonish her fans if they comment that she is looking thinner, because "that's not the point of her working out," while pointedly NOT denying the weight loss at all.

If Big Pharma produced a pill that guaranteed weight loss of, say, at least fifty pounds a month for the morbidly obese, with  no dietary restrictions and no side effects, and the FDA approved it as safe and effective, I bet Big Whit would be down below 150 lbs in about 6 months. Her prescribing physician would have to sign a confidentiality agreement and Whitney would claim the weight loss was due to some critical illness or other involuntary response, so that she could lose the weight and not lose the fan support. And she would no doubt be highly critical of other big women who openly took the pill as self-shamers and hypocrites.

(But that wouldn't last for long - too many of her fans would make the same decision she did and there goes her show . . .)

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Why would I not be surprised to see these "pants" on Twitney's website?

She can wear them to the clurb with Todd, Tal, Mattie, Ryan, Hunter, Jacob & all her other LGBTQ barnacles who might be wearing their bottomless, leather chaps.

Edited by Dot
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Buddy is just a sponger and your so nice to them I guess tonight there gonna ask to move in with you? Cause you know they don't have money to rent anything. I'm hopeing you say no. It's just sad for people to take advantage of you cause your so giving and sweet😢Wish I could of came to your dance touring but I live in Illinois 7 hours from chicago😂Can't wait to see your show tonight my sister and I just love your show and you! Your just so beautiful was so funny when you got home from tour your little cats just know oh moms home just sit still and let her get the kisses over with lol so sweet. Talk to you soon don't let the sponges take over your home tonight😲

• LOL 2
On 1/25/2019 at 1:35 AM, Bunnygirl said:

I’ve thought of a new nickname that has nothing to do with her weight, but is accurate nonetheless. I apologize in advance, if someone else has already used  it.    “ HalfWhit”.    HA!

Or DimWhit  

• Love 2
On 2/12/2019 at 4:08 PM, Joanm said:

Buddy is just a sponger and your so nice to them I guess tonight there gonna ask to move in with you?

Buddy is indeed a sponger, but Whit is a manipulator, and not really a nice person.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, auntjess said:

Buddy is indeed a sponger, but Whit is a manipulator, and not really a nice person.  

Codependency at its finest.

Buddy cannot take care of or support himself, and Whitney has a self-centered need to feel important by being the Solver of Problems.

It is a downward spiral that is self-propagating and will end in flames.

• Love 8
On 2/15/2019 at 12:14 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

It is Whitney's way of punishing Buddy, Gee Buddy, if you didn't have a girlfriend, you could have stayed as long as you liked.  

Speaking of all the heavy cream, I wonder what her cholesterol is at ? 

I'm just watching last seasons episode Ghosted and she is crap dancer pure and simple .  I cannot believe that these women want to learn dance feom here

• Love 5
19 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Just putting my prediction here that if TLC stages some sort of Whitney/Buddy wedding, they will call the wedding special My Big Fat Fabulous Wife. 

I mean, I hate myself for it, but this would bring me back to the show.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Last night I forgot that a show I like had ended its season & so found myself tuned into "Mama June, Not to Hot." It previewed Honey Boo Boo (aka Alana) practicing for "Dancing with the Stars," so I decided to watch the episode.

I lasted to about half-way; it's a show that more of the "must avoid" rather than "must see" TV. But I was struck at how similar Alana, who is now 12 or 13, is to Twit. They have the same facial expressions, incl. showing shocked surprise (widened eyes, dropped jaw) often. Their shared me-me-me narcissism. The whining & pouting if they don't get their way.

In this forum many of us have commented that Twit's emotional development seems to have been arrested at about age 12. Seeing Honey Boo Boo last night confirmed that opinion for me.

• Love 7

The medical case for bariatric surgery has grown much stronger in recent years. High-quality studies on the long-term health outcomes of people with obesity who got surgery show, on average, that they’re able to lose dramatic amounts of weight, and even reverse or prevent their obesity-related health conditions, like diabetes and high cholesterol. A study out May 16 in the New England Journal of Medicine demonstrated this once again. That’s why Medicaid now covers the procedure in 46 states, and so do national health systems in countries as diverse as Israel, Brazil, and Canada.

Yet out of the 20 million people who are eligible in the US, fewer than 1 percent get bariatric surgery for weight loss, according to the Obesity Society.

I just thought I'd drop this link from Vox.com  about the disparity between how researchers in obesity view bariatric surgery and how the public views it. Maybe if Whitney wanders by to read it, she'll soften her NEVER! position on surgery.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I just thought I'd drop this link from Vox.com  about the disparity between how researchers in obesity view bariatric surgery and how the public views it. Maybe if Whitney wanders by to read it, she'll soften her NEVER! position on surgery.

I think the perception is colored by a couple of things.

First, people know that surgery, especially major surgery like bariatric surgery, has risks and potential side effects. People have no problems accepting that. But they don’t always accept the serious risks of obesity. So when they look at the risks of surgery they don’t objectively evaluate the risks compared to the actual risks of obesity. For most obese people the risks of complications or dying from their obesity is far more likely than their risks from the surgery. But people don’t believe that. 

Second, people watch shows like My 600 lb life where they really have a very low success rate. Dr. Now says the long term success for his patients is something like 5% even with his patients who aren’t on the show. So people assume that’s the general success rate for the surgery across the board. I know I was surprised when I found out that the surgery has as high of a success rate as it does. But Dr. Now has the most obese of the most obese. People more like Whit are the typical patient. She is obese but she isn’t bedridden and doesn’t weigh 800 lbs. So patients like her are far more likely to be successful. 

• Love 3

I would also argue that insurance companies don't recognize the help from bariatric surgery.  The number of hoops that someone often has to go through can take months, and for someone who's tried for years to lose weight, it can be pretty disheartening.  Yes, from a financial perspective, it can cost up to $25k, but complications from diabetes, heart disease, and joint surgeries are way more.  I think it's seen as the "easy way out," and it's not.  

(Note, I say this as someone who had weight loss surgery 7 years ago, and also currently works for a small health insurance company.)

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, kattybiz said:

I would also argue that insurance companies don't recognize the help from bariatric surgery.  The number of hoops that someone often has to go through can take months, and for someone who's tried for years to lose weight, it can be pretty disheartening.  Yes, from a financial perspective, it can cost up to $25k, but complications from diabetes, heart disease, and joint surgeries are way more.  I think it's seen as the "easy way out," and it's not.  

(Note, I say this as someone who had weight loss surgery 7 years ago, and also currently works for a small health insurance company.)

I don't know about now, but insurance companies didn't used to cover smoking cessation drugs (Chantix), despite the fact that quitting smoking improves health. I know that 20 years ago when I wanted to quit, Chantix wasn't covered and I had to bear the entire cost myself. It was pretty hefty, like $125.... 

So sometimes there's no logic to insurance companies' decisions. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I don't know about now, but insurance companies didn't used to cover smoking cessation drugs (Chantix), despite the fact that quitting smoking improves health. I know that 20 years ago when I wanted to quit, Chantix wasn't covered and I had to bear the entire cost myself. It was pretty hefty, like $125.... 

So sometimes there's no logic to insurance companies' decisions. 

Same thing with Eliquis, a blood thinner that prevents strokes & heart attacks. But Medicare has finally decided it makes more sense to save ppl's lives by paying for the drug than to pay for nursing care for years & years.

Edited by Dot
(edited)
6 hours ago, Me from ME said:

She looks grotesque. If she is wearing clothing from her line then I have no words.

No, this is an old picture from the June 24, 2018 trip Whitney, Todd and Buddy made to Chicago on their "Rolling Thunder Big Girl Dance Class" tour.  Whitney was worried that the Gay Pride Parade in Chicago conflicted with her class and might reduce the number of attendees. (I know, but she seems to see herself as an icon of the gay community.) So she started posting all these photos of herself celebrating gay pride by prancing around a Chicago park with a rainbow flag.  People started commenting on how photo-shopped the photos looked, and she took them all down.  (You can see the shadow in this picture makes no sense, her butt has an odd wavy line, and something seems to be protruding from her waist on the left side.) Maybe she forgot she had deleted the photos? Can't think of any reason why she'd suddenly re-post this, unless she's cheering about some current gay pride event that she didn't bother to promote by name?

Edited by Ketzel

No, this is an old picture from the June 24, 2018 trip Whitney, Todd and Buddy made to Chicago on their "Rolling Thunder Big Girl Dance Class" tour.  Whitney was worried that the Gay Pride Parade in Chicago conflicted with her class and might reduce the number of attendees. (I know, but she seems to see herself as an icon of the gay community.) So she started posting all these photos of herself celebrating gay pride by prancing around a Chicago park with a rainbow flag. 

Thanks for the insight Ketzel, (I take a little 6 week vacation and lose all sense of continuity in Twitland). Since the photo was taken in Chicago it would explain the questions regarding the location.

54 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Can't think of any reason why she'd suddenly re-post this, unless she's cheering about some current gay pride event that she didn't bother to promote by name?

Today is June first, the beginning of Gay Pride Month.

• Love 2
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Dot said:

I  knew that June 1 was the first day of Gay Pride Month -- I just didn't realize today was June 1! Yikes!  🙂

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I  knew that June 1 was the first day of Gay Pride Month -- I just didn't realize today was June 1! Yikes!  🙂

Check out Heather's nod to Gay Pride Month. A much more acceptable one for a straight person, to my way of thinking. Twit, OTOH, has to insert her straight self into the event. That's what annoys me. (Besides, how much "fighting" is Twit gonna do? Does she anticipate another Stonewall in Greensboro?)

• LOL 2
28 minutes ago, Dot said:

Check out Heather's nod to Gay Pride Month. A much more acceptable one for a straight person, to my way of thinking. Twit, OTOH, has to insert her straight self into the event. That's what annoys me. (Besides, how much "fighting" is Twit gonna do? Does she anticipate another Stonewall in Greensboro?)

Twit does that about everything. It has nothing to do with her being straight talking about Gay Pride. Everything she posts supposedly about someone else is still just about her. Whether it’s birthday wishes or happy mother’s day some other achievement of someone she knows - it’s only acknowledged as it reflects on Whitney. So why would Gay Pride be any different? Everything is about Whitney. 

• Love 4

Wow, dies she look big in that pic!

400, at least. 

Even iif it is a pic from last year,  now I see why she only focuses on her face in pix, and photoshops those too. 

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Dot said:

On whose calendar? Where and when did that  come from?

Edited by B in Lee
(edited)
1 hour ago, B in Lee said:

On whose calendar? Where and when did that  come from?

It's like Black History Month (Feb) & Women's Month (Mar), but less formally designated.

It dates back to the Stonewall Inn riots in Greenich Village on June 28-29, 1969, when gays got sick & tired of police harassment & fought back. This event is considered the beginning of the gay rights movement. I'm sure Wikipedia has more, if you're interested.

ETA:  @Elizzikra & I -- great minds at the same time!

Edited by Dot
  • Love 5
On 6/1/2019 at 9:49 PM, Dot said:

I just make donations to Pink Pistols and Operation Blazing Sword.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, B in Lee said:

Please don't insult Rolling Thunder by associating it with Whitney and her grand delusions. 

My apologies - I forgot to turn on my sarcastifont.

• Love 1