Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Nobody Out Thinks Donald Trump

I was one of those ladies where auntie flow knocked me out for a good day - and that was back in high school.  I can't swallow pills so taking meds was not a choice for me.  If I was super desperate I could smash them up and try to choke them down with something but generally that made me want to vomit.  Now I'm in my 30s and I know how to chug a small glass of Mt Dew with medicine in it ;) (and YAY to depo)

re: Shawn and her monthly... enemy (I know some call it monthly friend... but...)

Is is possible that Shawn's manifestation of this is even worse because of her youth/career choice?

I've always heard that competitive gymnasts usually get delayed puberty because of their training regimen.  Is it out of the question perhaps that this has caused some more serious issues down the line for her?

I was going to state this as well.  Shawn likely didin't start having her period until she was much older and I wonder if that maybe makes them worse. 

What did she do with the shopping journey?  She conveniently took her sweet time and, to our knowledge, never checked-in and never sought a deadline.  More likely, she was well aware that she needed to be back no later than 6 so they could stage the stuff.  I have found her to be a savvy young lady who is extremely well aware of her surroundings and her image.  She's done very well for herself.  I can't see her as some rube who is out of her depth in a sea of sharks whilst she, a meek seal, spends her time simply avoiding getting eaten.

Nevermind that she had a shopping buddy.....who was probably the one that wanted to take up all the time.  

It will be interesting to see what happens when Shawn is PM because she is 22 years old. Is Shawn the youngest CA contestant ever?

That's a good point. Didn't Shawn do DWTS right after the Olympics? So maybe she hadn't gotten her period yet.

OR, because of how this show is run... they do these tasks in 1-2 days.  Quite possibly Shawn got lucky and her time of the month came on a practice day and she could opt out of it.  She never did say how long they knock her out for.  On DWTS she had say in how much she practiced.  On CA you don't have that ability. 

I disagree. I do think his voice is highly recognizable (as is his face). Mike rowe? Not for me. I dont watch his shows, don't know his face,and his voice sounded like any typical voiceover voice.

You'd probably recognize Mike Rowe in a lot of commercials as well if you knew it were him.  For the CA spot he did seem to tune his voice to be a bit more infomercial-ish.

• Love 2

Trump knows Geraldo is neither respected nor liked.  You would have to be under a rock to miss that.  He knows he is blowing smoke up his ass, too.  Trump is NOT going to reward that.  There is some dead weight to axe first but Geraldo is in his rifle sight.

Geraldo presence on this show is "protected", just as Leeza Gibbons' is... because at some point these people might report on The Donald and Trump will want to make the most of them being on The Apprentice.

Of course with Geraldo there's a flip side not present with Gibbons--that most of the universe thinks Geraldo is scum, and him railing against you might be even better for you as a personage than his supporting you. But that doesn't change the protection aspect--it just means that Geraldo being railed on and humiliated on The Apprentice is being delayed until much later in the broadcast, where it will have a bigger impact. Whereas Trump probably wouldn't want to leave Gibbons, who is fairly well respected, albeit for a type of journalism (entertainment reporting) that doesn't garner much respect, but which DOES get a lot of viewers/eyeballs on it.

• Love 2

You'd probably recognize Mike Rowe in a lot of commercials as well if you knew it were him.  For the CA spot he did seem to tune his voice to be a bit more infomercial-ish.

Rowe's voice is recognizable to most of middle America, even if not by name, because he's was the voice of Ford Truck commercials for like... a decade. So even if they've never seen his cable show, Dirty Jobs, he's had the ear (if not the eyes or facial recognition) of a lot of people in that demographic.
  • Love 4

Geraldo presence on this show is "protected", just as Leeza Gibbons' is... because at some point these people might report on The Donald and Trump will want to make the most of them being on The Apprentice.

Of course with Geraldo there's a flip side not present with Gibbons--that most of the universe thinks Geraldo is scum, and him railing against you might be even better for you as a personage than his supporting you. But that doesn't change the protection aspect--it just means that Geraldo being railed on and humiliated on The Apprentice is being delayed until much later in the broadcast, where it will have a bigger impact. Whereas Trump probably wouldn't want to leave Gibbons, who is fairly well respected, albeit for a type of journalism (entertainment reporting) that doesn't garner much respect, but which DOES get a lot of viewers/eyeballs on it.

You really think Leeza and Geraldo are protected?  I assume they all sign contracts with a 5 mil law suit threat, if they expose anything about production or defame the show or Trump in any way.  What ever is standard for a reality TV show.  

• Love 2

Rowe's voice is recognizable to most of middle America, even if not by name, because he's was the voice of Ford Truck commercials for like... a decade. So even if they've never seen his cable show, Dirty Jobs, he's had the ear (if not the eyes or facial recognition) of a lot of people in that demographic.

and i think bounty towels too, right?? or some major paper towel brand :) 

• Love 2

Now that I've seen the actual end of the eposide, it's clear to me why it was Gilbert rather than TO (he's not firing anyone who brings in the drama til much later in the game, Geraldo really wasn't much of an option).   He fired Gilbert because he wasn't willing to say he really, really, really, really, really wanted to be there when asked.  And to Trump, that's the ultimate sin. 

I think it was more that Gilbert HAD to go for the dirty joke and it was made clear that he did not follow or even refused to write a script.

And seriously, I know the Trump hair thing is a thing, but what is that COLOR this year? Palomino?

Eric's hair was a color not found in nature, also.  Is he even 30?  

Trump knows Geraldo is neither respected nor liked.  You would have to be under a rock to miss that.

He's managed to miss that he himself is neither respected nor liked.

• Love 6

You really think Leeza and Geraldo are protected?  I assume they all sign contracts with a 5 mil law suit threat, if they expose anything about production or defame the show or Trump in any way.  What ever is standard for a reality TV show.

That's an NDA and has nothing to do with how favorably they report on Trump in pieces they do on their various shows.
  • Love 1

He's managed to miss that he himself is neither respected nor liked.

We often don't see ourselves as others do.  Trump is surrounded by yes men so of course he thinks he is the all powerful man would be president!  

I am sure he knows Geraldo is an ass.  

That's an NDA and has nothing to do with how favorably they report on Trump in pieces they do on their various shows.

What is an NDA?

In short, they sign away their right to talk about the behind the scenes process of the show (or really anything the producers don't want them to say about the show). But they can't ever sign away their right to report on Donald Trump himself (or stay away from reporting on him, if that punishes him more) or expressing overall negative or positive things about him in their reporting in years to come.

The Mike Rowe idea was a great one if they would have had him make some clever statement or vignettte linking his Dirty Jobs background with the Neat concept they were promoting.   If he just read a script, then it didn't really matter that it was him and yeah, Geraldo could have done it.  Kevin didn't even entertain Geraldo being the voice but after his antics, who could blame him?

• Love 1

I'm blanking on this--I nodded off during part of the episode and didn't rewatch.  Did we actually SEE Rowe onscreen or just hear his audio track?  Because that audio could have been recorded anywhere in the country without Rowe being in New York, whereas he'd have to be in New York for his face to appear in a commercial.

I'm blanking on this--I nodded off during part of the episode and didn't rewatch.  Did we actually SEE Rowe onscreen or just hear his audio track?  Because that audio could have been recorded anywhere in the country without Rowe being in New York, whereas he'd have to be in New York for his face to appear in a commercial.

I think it was just audio that he recorded over the phone from somewhere not New York. I think I remember one of them (maybe the Jonas guy) starting to say something about it before Geraldo jumped in with something stupid.

OR, because of how this show is run... they do these tasks in 1-2 days.  Quite possibly Shawn got lucky and her time of the month came on a practice day and she could opt out of it.  She never did say how long they knock her out for.  On DWTS she had say in how much she practiced.  On CA you don't have that ability.

Good point. Completely forgot about that plus she was a minor when she did it the first time so she could only practice for certain amount of hours anyway.

• Love 1

I wonder if Trump will move Geraldo over to the women's team and switch out Shawn?

I'm not terribly sad that GG went home. A little bit of Gilbert goes a long way, he's good for a bit of comc relief but after awhile his schtick gets a little one note.

Lorenzo Lamas always used to kinda gross me out with his Fabio long hair and over-the-top-caricature-romance-novel-sex-symbol vibe, but he's suprisingly down-to-earth and I actually like him.

I think Ian will go far in the show.

• Love 3

re: Shawn and her monthly... enemy (I know some call it monthly friend... but...)

Is is possible that Shawn's manifestation of this is even worse because of her youth/career choice?

I've always heard that competitive gymnasts usually get delayed puberty because of their training regimen.  Is it out of the question perhaps that this has caused some more serious issues down the line for her?

The daughter of a friend of mine was a competitive gymnast at national level, tried out for the Great Britain Olympic team about 20 years ago. She'd trained since she was about five years old at junior gymnastics and began training seriously when she was about 11. She was around 14 or 15 when she was competing at a seriously high level.

Anyway, her periods were totally messed up for several reasons. One was because (and this is common to female gymnasts) apparently one of the puberty triggers is body fat - puppy fat I suppose you'd call it - but because these girls have so little body fat, they often have late onset periods. Another thing is the physical strain they put on their bodies, and particularly with the asymmetric bars (the hi-lo bars) where they're using their stomachs and pelvises to move around the bars.

My friend's daughter had terrible problems with her monthlies - they were erratic , sometimes scanty, sometimes heavy, sometimes trouble-free, sometimes very painful - and there was no predicting how it would be from one month to the next. She got married when she was nearly 30 and had awful trouble conceiving a child.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Shawn also had similar issues, given that my friend's daughter (and all her gymnast friends) had abnormalities in this area. She might not have realised how bad it might hit her.

Anyway, back to the show. I was sorry to see Gilbert leave, although I cringed at his 'jokes' during the presentation, which I thought were nowhere near as funny as the "Mein Fuhrer" comment. He marches to the beat of his own drum and I think he'd have been entertaining for the first few weeks, then tiresome. His schtick (or his personality, who knows if they are one and the same?) wears thin quickly.

Geraldo ... what an arsehole. Seriously, what is the deal with that guy? Whoever thought anyone could have a bigger ego than The Donald?

Most of the women are nonentities to me in the UK. I'd only heard of Leeza Gibbons because she used to be married to a guy who was in Coronation Street, our biggest soap opera. So much for 'celebrity', huh ...

• Love 4

I don't get why Shawn didn't step up to be manager for the Neat project. She said she was good with social media & internet savvy. No one wanted to step up so Kate had to even though she said she was not good with technology. 

I thought the women clearly won the Neat challenge but the food challenge I thought the guys did so much better. They were better organized & clear. I thought it was a very tacky low blow for Vivica to say "she got her damn period". That should not have been said. I was glad Shawn called her out on it. Women suffer differently during that time & some have it very hard. Just because Vivica doesn't suffer doesn't mean Shawn should be called out & embarrassed. 

• Love 5

I am glad its the first and last time I ever have to see that Jonas person. He is an asshole of the highest degree.

Exactly! I was starting to feel like I was in the Twilight Zone because I couldn't stand him but none of the comments here seemed to concur. He thought he was freaking brilliant. He was a snotty know-it-all. It is funny that Geraldo, while being a butt to him during Jonas' project management task was really paying him back for comments the Jonas guy made during his talking heads, that Geraldo didn't even know about yet. Perfect. I was so ready for that obnoxious brat to go. Geraldo is full of himself, but he has been right so far.

VIVICA!!!!!! You just set back women a hundred years! What the fuck were you thinking implying that a woman can't work because she has a period. We've been fighting this our whole lives. Well, unfortunately, Shawn proved this right. O_o

Why, WHY do I keep getting sucked into this goddamn show?  I purposefully didn't watch the premiere, and when I read that Trump fired Keisha for not calling in the only person HE PERSONALLY wanted her to call (as he usually does, because he sucks and I hate him with a vengence for his arbitrary firings), I swore I wasn't going to watch.

And then, because I'm a masochist, I watched this ep.  Son of a bitch, I annoy myself.  Now I'm going to have to watch until that sanctimonious gasbag Geraldo gets the boot.  Gah.

Well, since I'm in now, here are my thoughts:

HATE TRUMP...HATE HIM SO MUCH.  Every time he opens his mouth I want to stab him in the face.  These feelings will never change, and I'll never stop saying it.  His stupid firings for his own agendas with him saying afterwards "I made the right decision" and the Trumplings nodding and agreeing will never not bug.  Especially since the Trumplings seem so much smarter than their old man and I would pay money for one of them to pipe up and disagree with him.

Super surprised that Trump cut Jonas, because it looked like he had final 2 editing.  However, the minute "dog with a bone" Trump asked him why he didn't bring Lorenzo into the boardroom, I knew he was a goner.

I kind of like Vivica, but didn't like her calling out Shawn in the boardroom.  Shawn even said that she usually stays in bed when her cramps are that bad (and as a world-class athlete, she's not one to just use that as an excuse to be lazy), so that was completely unnecessary, as was Kendra's chiming in about it.  Personally, I also get debilitating cramps, so the fact that Shawn didn't just cut and run, as some celebs have done in the past for various reasons, should have earned her at least a bit of respect.

Terrell does seem to have matured, so I'm interested to see if he keeps this calm guy demeanor going forward.  The only other guy I really got a sense of was Ian, and his sole goal seems to be getting Geraldo out, which I'm fine with.  I'd like to see more of Sig and Johnny.  Didn't really see much of them.

As far as the women, I'm hoping Leeza goes far.  She seems to be the most "together" of the women.  I haven't watched many of the RH's, but I've seen enough to know that Brandi will undoubtedly explode/implode at some point.  Jamie made almost no impression on me, other than standing up to Kenya.

Terrell seemed to have humbled...

That's better! :)

So, of course, Jonas half-assed it in the board room.  He could have won this show, but he didn't truly understand what it takes to take down an anointed one.

How on earth did Shawn Johnson survive Dancing With the Stars?  

Kevin leaving so quickly surprised me too.

Shawn won Dancing with the Stars her first go around on charm and the second time by doing gymnastics and being paired with the anointed one on that show. I don't see that working so well for her here.

• Love 1

I actually saw a Luvo product yesterday when I went to the gym. There was a chocolate-coconut cookie (plastic wrapped) sitting randomly and alone on a bench in the locker room, and I saw it when I was walking out. I was like, "Wait..is that..why yes it IS a Celebrity Apprentice sponsored product!" A  random cookie, in a gym locker room, already weird. That it was a LUVO cookie on top of that made it even more odd to me, lol. 

I was tempted to pick it up and take it, since it was still sealed, just to see what it tasted like, but the circumstances struck me as a little gross, so I left the gym-cookie where it was.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 7

so I left the gym-cookie where it was.

An abandoned gym-cookie.....alone.....sad because it can't reach the barbells.....

I fly Delta a lot, not always first class, but when I get a free upgrade I do eat their food. I don't remember seeing anything even remotely resembling Luvo food on their domestic flights. The snacks are all name-brand things like Oreos, Twix, Snickers, Sun Chips, etc. And because they showed so little of the products on this show, I'll never know. Soup is the one thing I remember. And ice cream, of course.

I wonder how much the products "as seen on TV" get in way of a boost in sales because of a show like this?

• Love 1

Maybe they don't brand themselves on the plane, but simply provide the food service for Delta, like the cookie/cracker companies make a version of their goods to be sold as generic grocery chain cookies/crackers?  

It's hard to know how the women did overall in the food challenge since we barely saw any of it. Just the cluster in the kitchen.

True, but they did say food was getting to people cold. That seems like a pretty big misstep. So I felt like GG must have REALLY really offended with his jokes, to make the execs overlook cold food. 

• Love 2

This cast is off the hook this year.  The only person that probably has not annoyed me so far is Leeza Gibbons.   I am bummed that Kevin Jonas was fired I liked him and was glad he stood up to Geraldo.  I wish Kevin bought back Lorenzo I think he would have had a better chance of not being fired.  Gilbert was funny but I knew and i think he knew he never had a chance at winning.  As for the women there is only one word I can say DRAMA!  I was really pulling for Vivica but I did not appreciate what she did to Shawn in the boardroom.  Im not sure who makes me more sick between Kenya and Kate I dont know flip a coin.  Brandi needs to cover up those boobies.  I like Shawn but Im not sure if she will go far, lord knows poor Keisha wouldn't have been able to handle all of the drama these ladies bring....  The premiere had over 6.8 million views thats a 35 percent increase from last season I think the fans really must have missed this show. 

• Love 1

Leeza is definitely the stand out.  I  like how she and Brandi worked well together.  I sense a team of 2 in the making.  And that is born from Brandi respecting Leeza.  

Kenya is nasty and will be out at the first opportunity.  I don't see Kate making it far; she is not well liked.  She is likely to be thrown under the bus in the board room because she causes friction.  

Ian is the stand out on the men's team.  I think he will make it far.  

• Love 1

Trump knows Geraldo is neither respected nor liked.  You would have to be under a rock to miss that.  He knows he is blowing smoke up his ass, too.  Trump is NOT going to reward that.  There is some dead weight to axe first but Geraldo is in his rifle sight.    

Apparently Geraldo himself is under the same rock. I am astonished that such a Tool can have such an inflated view of himself.   

Just to clarify the Tool referred to above is Geraldo. It struck me it could so easily apply to the Donald as well. Perhaps that is the explanation for the apparent love fest. They are both self important Tools that don't seem to have a clue how they are actually perceived?     

• Love 4

I wonder if Trump will move Geraldo over to the women's team and switch out Shawn?

I'm not terribly sad that GG went home. A little bit of Gilbert goes a long way, he's good for a bit of comc relief but after awhile his schtick gets a little one note.

Lorenzo Lamas always used to kinda gross me out with his Fabio long hair and over-the-top-caricature-romance-novel-sex-symbol vibe, but he's suprisingly down-to-earth and I actually like him.

I think Ian will go far in the show.

Lorenzo Lamas has been humbled, and he seems to be a much nicer person because of it.  His father was a douchebag of the highest order, and Lorenzo carried on that tradition.  I appreciate that, unlike Geraldo, he was able to evolve.

I think Ian has a chance, but his little alliance only has Lorenzo now, and the other guys are more than willing to back up Geraldo and throw others under the bus.  This show can be very Survivor-like.

Also, is it just the hair that makes Donalds face an odd color? His face looks very orange to me.

I've always thought that Trump was part gerbil, mole, or opossum.  The pink lips and eyelids are bizarre.

• Love 3

Leeza is definitely the stand out.  I  like how she and Brandi worked well together.  I sense a team of 2 in the making.  And that is born from Brandi respecting Leeza.  

Kenya is nasty and will be out at the first opportunity.  I don't see Kate making it far; she is not well liked.  She is likely to be thrown under the bus in the board room because she causes friction.  

Ian is the stand out on the men's team.  I think he will make it far.  

Ha, no that is borne from Brandi latching her skank ass to the person she has already scoped out at the "leader". She will do the same with Viveca because they are strong and smart.

Brandi is a disgusting, vile low class piece of human garbage. She respects no one. She uses people that can benefit and she is shrewd. Up to a point. In the end though the true Brandi will emerge.  

• Love 4

I actually saw a Luvo product yesterday when I went to the gym. There was a chocolate-coconut cookie (plastic wrapped) sitting randomly and alone on a bench in the locker room, and I saw it when I was walking out. I was like, "Wait..is that..why yes it IS a Celebrity Apprentice sponsored product!" A  random cookie, in a gym locker room, already weird. That it was a LUVO cookie on top of that made it even more odd to me, lol. 

I was tempted to pick it up and take it, since it was still sealed, just to see what it tasted like, but the circumstances struck me as a little gross, so I left the gym-cookie where it was.

I just saw LUVO products yesterday on Amazon! Did you know Amazon has prepared food for delivery, not just LUVO, but like vegan and etc? Who knew?!! Anyway, I will admit that food sounded and looked yummy. I do think cold food at an important tasting is grounds for dismissal!

I am sick that Gilbert was fired!  I just loved him.  For me, I thought that Geraldo's long-winded slogan was ridiculous when he said it, and I waited for Jonas to nix it.  However, Jonas was trying to keep things moving, and I think he didn't want to hold things up at this stage.  From then on, trying to incorporate everything from that slogan gave the men a problem.  It even gave Gilbert a problem!  Since I also felt that Jonas was a good leader, I put the blame squarely in Trump's lap.  He protected Geraldo no matter what!

In this challenge, I would have fired TRUMP, and if not Trump, then Geraldo.  Trump took the chicken's way out and fired the meekest member while Geraldo never broke a sweat!  Doesn't Trump know that the Emperor never wore clothes???

Edited by Lura
  • Love 4

Letterman did a good interview with Trump last night.  It isn't on youtube, yet anyway.  Dave was looking the list of Celebs on the show and when he got to Geraldo said, fire him.  Trump said he has been hearing that a lot.  Dave crossed him off the list he was reading and kept going.  

• Love 2

Found out something interesting about Luvo Foods.

A friend of mine is a chef for a food service company, and he specifically supplies meals to Delta Airlines pilots, flight attendants, TSA personnel and executives at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. You may have noticed that the pilots and flight attendants have meals packaged differently from what passengers eat.

He said he's never heard of Luvo Foods supplying anything to Delta. Their headquarters is in Atlanta. He would know.

I'm going to send him the link to their site where they show Luvo being on certain flights. Looks like it's just NYC flights going elsewhere.

http://luvoinc.com/partnerships/delta-air-lines/

• Love 1

I'd bet that the snacks shown are ones that the pilots, etc., are served.  They look far too good for passengers.  I could eat that fruit plate right now.  However, I can't knock Delta.  It's food and service are, IMHO, worlds better than any other airline's.

Let us know what you find out, cooksdelight.

He just got back to me, he said that he's never seen their items in Atlanta, but that they are probably serviced out of NY. Since I rarely ever fly to NYC or any of the other hubs on the map, that's why I've not seen them either. If they expand into the Atlanta market, I'd be interested in trying some of their food.

Like others, I have never heard or seen Luvo products before. I came across a nice selection of them in the food section on HSN's website while searching for something else. I may have to invest in some of them.

Hard to decide who the bigger as whole is...Trump or Geraldo. Are we sure they aren't twins separated at birth?

Viveca should never have mentioned Shawn having her period. That was Shawns news to tell and since she didn't...

I see Brandi is still in her best behavior. Can't wait until she's project manager.

So happy to see George back.

• Love 2

Viveca should never have mentioned Shawn having her period. That was Shawns news to tell and since she didn't...

Agreed.  Vivica was tacky, tacky, tacky.  If Shawn checked out and wasn't pulling her weight then say just that.  Leave it to Shawn herself to explain why.

I missed George too and was happy to see him return.

I think the most disappointing part about Gilbert being fired is that we'll never get to see him as Project Manager. I can't even begin to imagine what that would have been like, but it certainly would have been hilarious!

• Love 5
I'm embarrassed for women everywhere and for the men who had to hear that. Poor Shawn. Trump should have fired Vivica's classless ass on the spot.

I don't know why mentioning a period embarrasses anyone. It's a biological challenge, that can be overcome or not. Shawn went into it thinking not, from what I could tell. That alone made it worth mentioning, at least the way Shawn approached it.

This show annoyed me a few years ago but I'm enjoying these eps for some reason.

• Love 2

I'm embarrassed for women everywhere and for the men who had to hear that. Poor Shawn. Trump should have fired Vivica's classless ass on the spot.

Trump has done much worse in past boardrooms and likely will at least match her before the season has ended.

• Love 2