Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Nobody Out Thinks Donald Trump

I'm beginning to think Geraldo has some real mental health issues.  Just can't watch him or Kate.  Maybe I'll watch again once they're gone.  Of course, they bring drama so they'll probably be around for a while.

If it weren't for TiVo, I couldn't watch it. I have to fast forward pretty much every time Geraldo opens his mouth. I can listen to Kate sometimes, but not Brandi or Kenya.

• Love 2

Jamie says Kenya brought a lot of drama, Kenya interrupts her to explain , the gets huffy when her interruption is interrupted! Says Jamie is rude! This is after she chuckled and poked fun about Shawn having her period, and tried to use it as a feminist issue - we're just as good as men! Menstrual issues do t get us down! BITCH.

I'm so glad the women won, I did not want to re-visit "Shawn had her period" in the boardroom. Shawn was PISSED, And rightly so.

Once again, Geraldo screwed things up. That slogan was terrible.

• Love 8

I don't care how sick I might be. If I was in the hospital and Kate Gosslin was my nurse I'd find the strength to discharge myself.

Me, too.  I'd tie bed sheets together and scale the side of the building if I had to.

Brandi, thus far, has been relatively well behaved. It won't last.

• Love 3

I'm beginning to think Geraldo has some real mental health issues.  Just can't watch him or Kate.  Maybe I'll watch again once they're gone.  Of course, they bring drama so they'll probably be around for a while.

Sure, if having an ego the size of the Sun can be considered a mental Illness.

• Love 8

I watched the (first?) Busey season only and never came back.  Now I recall why.  Stupid show.  I deleted it after Jonas got fired.  

Hey, did Keisha also get sent home first on Splash (aka Diving with the Stars)?  

I was shocked when Viveca said what she did about Shawn, it was so inappropriate in that setting and on national TV. I'm not really familiar with Viveca's work so was neutral about her, but am now negative. And good for Shawn for not being caught up in discussing it further in the boardroom (who knows what Trump would have piped in with!?!?) but also for speaking up for herself later in a non-confrontational way.

• Love 11

From what I remember, Kate worked as a labor and delivery nurse for a few years before she had the sextuplets. After that she didn't work again as a nurse. She renewed her nursing license in case she needed it after the divorce. Apparently, she's not in any hurry to be birthin' no babies anytime soon.

She also worked Saturdays at a Dialysis clinic after the tups were born IIRC. I am not a Kate defender. Brandi scored points with me everytime she cut Kate down. So now, I can't hate her because she's calling it like she sees it. I hope she stays around til kate is fired. 

• Love 1

I was only half-ass paying attention, but in the beginning of the episode, did Geraldo compare himself to Mount Rushmore?

Yes, shortly after Trump declared The Apprentice Season 1 was the #1 show on television.  Egomaniacal and delusional, the both of them. 

And "Nobody Out Thinks Donald Trump" ?  Hilarious.  The man's a monumental moron.

• Love 6

I don't know much about the Jonas brothers, but I thought Kevin did a good job as PM and acted professional. Too bad the executives from Neat didn't tell Donald that Geraldo was purposely talking loudly during their meeting and trying to screw things up. On top of that, Trump decides ahead of time who he is going to fire, so it wouldn't have mattered if Kevin brought Lorenzo in. The executives didn't have a problem with the direction, it was the script itself I would say.

The second episode was edited a bit oddly, I never felt I got a good idea of how the presentations went beyond the part we saw. I can understand the execs not wanting to use a line like Live Long because some moron would sue them over it as a 'claim'. I like Shawn and hope she continues to stand up for herself. She seems pretty competent. I really dislike Geraldo and I hope the rest of the men band together and try to get him fired. He will clearly attempt to take over everything.

Mr. Maddingcrowd said Terrell is known for being very outspoken, so I am surprised he appears so meek here. 

• Love 8

Sure, if having an ego the size of the Sun can be considered a mental Illness.

Everyone on this show has a monumental ego. Donald is starting to look humble. I'm surprised all of these egos fit in one room.

It's ridiculous for anyone to bring Geraldo into the boardroom. Like him or hate him, he's been around forever. There's no way he would get fired in the early rounds. Kevin was stupid to even think it. I don't know what's going on with "I"-an, but he's got a hard-on for Geraldo, too. It's weird. 

• Love 1

Regarding a previous post, I realize not all women get the same menstrual symptoms, and I corrected that after my first post so as not to apply it to all women.  

That said, this is not a physical show, it isn't the Olympics, it is more mental. I wonder if Shawn ever even saw this show to begin with (and for the record, not everyone considers this show "shit." Again, that different strokes for different folks thing. )

If her symptoms are as severe as she says, why sign up for this show where it is about being part of a team that has to work under high stress and deadlines...for EVERY week they are there. On top of that, other than a serious illness or injury like Brett actually had, why let ANY of your competitors know that you are mentally not all there that week for any reason and give them any ammunition to use against you? (Not that Viveca was in any way in the right to do it in the way she did where she did it. ) It was like Shawn was saying, "Hey guys, by the way, I can't be as much of a team player this week as you guys will be this week because I'm on my period." Viveca and anyone else on that team had every right to be annoyed with her, they don't get to do less or focus less. Suck it up and push forward since you committed to the show.  I like Shawn, but that was kind of telling me that she may not go very far on this show. 

• Love 9

Why, WHY do I keep getting sucked into this goddamn show?  I purposefully didn't watch the premiere, and when I read that Trump fired Keisha for not calling in the only person HE PERSONALLY wanted her to call (as he usually does, because he sucks and I hate him with a vengence for his arbitrary firings), I swore I wasn't going to watch.

And then, because I'm a masochist, I watched this ep.  Son of a bitch, I annoy myself.  Now I'm going to have to watch until that sanctimonious gasbag Geraldo gets the boot.  Gah.

Well, since I'm in now, here are my thoughts:

HATE TRUMP...HATE HIM SO MUCH.  Every time he opens his mouth I want to stab him in the face.  These feelings will never change, and I'll never stop saying it.  His stupid firings for his own agendas with him saying afterwards "I made the right decision" and the Trumplings nodding and agreeing will never not bug.  Especially since the Trumplings seem so much smarter than their old man and I would pay money for one of them to pipe up and disagree with him.

Super surprised that Trump cut Jonas, because it looked like he had final 2 editing.  However, the minute "dog with a bone" Trump asked him why he didn't bring Lorenzo into the boardroom, I knew he was a goner.

I kind of like Vivica, but didn't like her calling out Shawn in the boardroom.  Shawn even said that she usually stays in bed when her cramps are that bad (and as a world-class athlete, she's not one to just use that as an excuse to be lazy), so that was completely unnecessary, as was Kendra's chiming in about it.  Personally, I also get debilitating cramps, so the fact that Shawn didn't just cut and run, as some celebs have done in the past for various reasons, should have earned her at least a bit of respect.

Terrell does seem to have matured, so I'm interested to see if he keeps this calm guy demeanor going forward.  The only other guy I really got a sense of was Ian, and his sole goal seems to be getting Geraldo out, which I'm fine with.  I'd like to see more of Sig and Johnny.  Didn't really see much of them.

As far as the women, I'm hoping Leeza goes far.  She seems to be the most "together" of the women.  I haven't watched many of the RH's, but I've seen enough to know that Brandi will undoubtedly explode/implode at some point.  Jamie made almost no impression on me, other than standing up to Kenya.

• Love 5

We see a lot of the people who are going to get fired early. After they are gone, we see more of the other contestants. It's all very predictable.

I believe the show is scripted, and I believe the firings are contractual. "I will not be fired before episode X." Etc. The smaller celebrities get a lot of exposure.

As fake as it is, I like seeing all the money that goes to charity. These are some big dollars, a real windfall for some of them. Also, I hate to say it, but it's the celebrities who play for the big charities that stick around the longest. For example, I remember when Trace Adkins was on, the first time was for a food allergy charity, but the second time was for the Red Cross, and he won.

• Love 6

Why are they doing two episodes per week? The first task they didn't show each team the other team's commercials like they usually do. That second task was hacked to death--I had no idea what was going on.

I am waiting for Leeza to finally be PM, she seems to have it together*

*Now that I've said that, I bet I jinxed her. Sorry Leeza!

• Love 2

Vivica. That wasn't cool in the slightest. That wasn't even entertaining/bitchy. That was just all out bitchy. You do NOT announce personal shit like that in a business setting, or a boardroom, or in front of a group of MEN. That's called a HR Moment, you trifling trick. I'm embarrassed for women everywhere and for the men who had to hear that. Poor Shawn. Trump should have fired Vivica's classless ass on the spot. 

God, she can't go home soon enough. 

"This is the first time I've ever done this, but I'm firing the winning PM for being an unprofessional douchebag. Shawn, what's your charity? I'm donating $100,000 to it for having to go through that." 

Yeah, like Donald would do something classy. I must be dreaming.

And can people STOP using the excuse "I'm just keeping it real," when all they're really doing is giving themselves permission to be a totally horrible human being? 

What's so classless about it?  Aside from an abnormality, doesn't every woman have a period?  It's not as if a period is unique to Shawn.  Are men not supposed to know what a period is?  If women didn't have them, the men wouldn't exist.

• Love 8

The editors are having fun. Brandi showed no self awareness commenting Kate had no skills but to come on TV and yell.

T.O. Surprised me. Trump loves a good redemption arc and he's our guy this season.

Jonas wasn't listening and that was his downfall. Trump was basically telling him to bring in Lorenzo and he'd boot him. Don't these people bother to watch the show even after they agree to come on it???

I'm REALLY annoyed at the intro montage. With Geraldo being featured so much in the early episodes, to prominently feature a clip of him standing next to Kate in the wedding dress as part of the intro each week has killed any suspense of who is going home.

• Love 5

Jonas' only chance was to get with everyone who clearly had disdain for GR and get them all to forcefully back him as he very specifically detailed GR's unforgivable behavior as he loudly took that call as the clients were there.  GR was asked to leave.  He did not.  That is a fireable offense in ANY job.  The PM was completely at the mercy of that backstabbing punk.  What could he do?  The clients were right there!   Even DT would have to understand how egregious that was.  He has (correctly) spoken endlessly of catering to the client to the maximum extent possible.  To display a higher priority than a client right in their face?  

So, of course, Jonas half-assed it in the board room.  He could have won this show, but he didn't truly understand what it takes to take down an anointed one.

How on earth did Shawn Johnson survive Dancing With the Stars?   She was made to perform for at least 10 weeks consecutively.  Do the math.  While I accept she wasn't at her best, I am convinced she decided to use this excuse to sabotage the PM.  VF was stupid to not have checked in with them (the shoppers) hourly.  She got very lucky that Gilbert was Gilbert.  

I am not a stupid man.  I am somewhat media savvy.  For the life of me, I do not understand the companies and their products which were featured tonight.  Typically, this show hammers such home.  Drives me crazy.  This year, the edits are very different.  Things are much more loosely/randomly included and sequenced.  If nothing else, it helps me maintain interest as I more think of the production elements.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 7

You are right...how DID she dance???? Was golden boy her partner?? And Neat does Wuh?

Annoyed that when trying to decide who would be PM, the women reverted to a vapid stare and echoes of " oh noes, I don't understand the technologies!!!" I mean what a big cue eye roll. But when they can spew generalities it's all Women Power!!! They weren't selling tech to Larry Ellison FFS, they are selling a scanner. Please.

• Love 6

Too bad the executives from Neat didn't tell Donald that Geraldo was purposely talking loudly during their meeting and trying to screw things up. On top of that, Trump decides ahead of time who he is going to fire, so it wouldn't have mattered if Kevin brought Lorenzo in. The executives didn't have a problem with the direction, it was the script itself I would say.

Jonas' only chance was to get with everyone who clearly had disdain for GR and get them all to forcefully back him as he very specifically detailed GR's unforgivable behavior as he loudly took that call as the clients were there.  GR was asked to leave.  He did not.  That is a fireable offense in ANY job.  The PM was completely at the mercy of that backstabbing punk.  What could he do?  The clients were right there!   Even DT would have to understand how egregious that was.  He has (correctly) spoken endlessly of catering to the client to the maximum extent possible.  To display a higher priority than a client right in their face?

Why didn't Kevin actually explain Geraldo's behavior?  So mealy mouthed and polite. 

I know this show wants it this way, but wish the Trumplings reviewed the raw footage and saw his behavior.  Geraldo would be an automatic out based on what we see but not what Trump finds out.  The problem is that most of the men, when asked, wouldn't actually say Geraldo was a problem based on causing dissension and being all about Geraldo not the team.   But Trump loves Geraldo, as evidenced by his asking others about how Geraldo did.  But did they lose because of Geraldo?  No, not really, it was content which the PM was ultimately in charge of. 

Geraldo's ideas are unimaginative and he thinks everything out of his mouth is gold, Jerry, gold.  He interrupts everything and is unprofessional.  Totally deserved to be sent packing based on what was shown.  But Trump loves people like him, so he stays.  Geraldo thinks he is the best at everything; the most experienced and the smartest.  That embarrassing, uncalled for, move, when Lorenzo dared to touch the great Geraldo, was must see; such an overraction.  Mike Rowe is an actual corporate spokesman,  Geraldo, not so much.    But in Geraldo's mind he is better.  Don't like that he is viewed as being good in the boardroom (especially by the ladies).  He is not, just that Trump likes him and wont push for his ouster.  He is this season's Joan or Piers: loud, brash, egotistical and "legends."

Lorenzo was the director and did a fine job.  The director doesn't do content.  He produced a professional commercial.  Trump sucks.

Ian's purpose of being in the boardroom was to back Kevin.  Trump, who thinks everything is personal, makes it into a personal slight, so Ian ends up not being much backup for Kevin, as Trump only would prod him about being offended to be called into the boardroom.

Why is it OK (Trump's exact word when he announced her absence) for Kenya to miss most of a task and not contribute but Shawn to be a little listless with an explanation but still contribute?  Ridiculous double standard in that sometimes something matters and the same action done by others, doesn't matter (this comment is about Trump's inconsistencies and some competitors who follow suit).  Vivica was just setting Shawn up as the fall-person in case they lost.  Vivica and Kenya suck.

And, just because it can't be said enough, Brandi, Kate and Geraldo, they suck, too. 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 12

I like Vivica and I'm all for "Keeping it Real" but to announce to all of the Americas that another woman is on her period? Super tacky.

And way to keep up the stereotype that us wimenfolks can't operate as good as the mens cause we need to sit on the edge of a cliff once a month.

Geesh.

• Love 13

Kenya, and others, have had other jobs they had to be present for, and they let Trump know ahead of time. Shawn should have said she was feeling so ill that she couldn't be there and she probably would have been given a medical excuse. Just as others have in the past. But she chose to stay in and the rest is history.

I would love to know if Jonas told DT all about Geraldo interrupting the client meeting by talking loudly on his phone, and it was edited out? I cannot believe not one person didn't bring that up as a reason for Geraldo screwing up the task. No one said a single word about it.

• Love 12

Also, I have to give Brandi credit for staying out of the major drama for 3 whole episodes.

That was my main observation too. This is the first time I've actually watched this show. Brandi's actions have made me think that the way to win is to be fairly low key at the beginning though Geraldo is certainly taking the opposite tack. 

• Love 1

We see a lot of the people who are going to get fired early. After they are gone, we see more of the other contestants. It's all very predictable.

Thank you for that hint. Since I'm a newby, I was wondering why some of the contestants are not seen so much. I see that it is a matter of editing. Duh [[smacks head]]

• Love 1

GR is one of the most odious people on the planet.  What circle of Hell would it be to be married to him or have him as a father or employer?  The burn out rate must be off the charts in his orbit.  I think many successful people are extra alpha, A-type personalities and that overdrive helped get them to the top of their game.  However for every dickish "celeb" that achieves power & success by berating and steam rolling others, there are others who've made it to the top without being raging assholes (in public anyway).

It's funny to see Lorenzo Lamas turned off by GR's egomania.  I have a friend who worked with him once at a summer stock theater in Maine.  Her job was to make living & transportation arrangements for the actors.  LL demanded his house have a heated outdoor pool and 10 bedrooms so all his kids could visit.  The theater is in a seaside town and while there are a few luxurious homes, its mostly cottages and small un-McMansion like houses.  Not very many have pools, never mind heated ones since the beach is a quick walk or drive.  She found a rental place with 6 bedrooms and a pool (unheated) and told him it was the best he'd get.  He then asked for a decorator to come in and re-do the place because he thought it wasn't to his Hollywood standards.  She said no, that's not part of the deal.  He was only there for a week long run of whatever play, and NONE of his 10 kids ever came to stay.  He treated the playhouse staff like crap and the other actors complained about him too.

• Love 7

If I recall correctly, Vivica didn't announce the extent of Shawn's problem right away. She started off with saying she'd trade Shawn, and when Shawn acted so shocked, like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, Vivica tried to tapdance around what Shawn said. When Shawn continued (along with Kate) to act like Vivica was basically crazy for her accusations, Vivica then announced Shawn's problem in detail.

Shawn's holier-than-thou attitude really bothered me -- with a smattering of "Can you believe what this crazy black woman is saying?!" (sorry, that's how her doth protesting too much came off to me), when we'd seen her tell Vivica on camera that she didn't feel well and wasn't at her best. Vivica was right to bring it up in the boardroom, and when Shawn wouldn't own up to it, the gloves came off. Had they lost, declaring oneself ill at the beginning would be grounds for firing (on this show), despite her pushing through it. If you're not feeling well, don't announce it to your PM, especially when everything done on the task is up for review in the boardroom. But Shawn's pearl-clutching act made me roll my eyes. Vivica couldn't have brought it up if Shawn hadn't announced it herself.

As another reality show would say: You reap what you sow.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 7

I would love to know if Jonas told DT all about Geraldo interrupting the client meeting by talking loudly on his phone, and it was edited out? I cannot believe not one person didn't bring that up as a reason for Geraldo screwing up the task. No one said a single word about it.

That is what I was wondering as well. As it happened, I thought that a quick exit to this show would be if a contestant showed disrespect to the client(s). I would imagine that is a HUGE no-no. While they were in the BR, I was waiting for Ian or Kevin to mention how rude/disruptive Geraldo was during the client meeting. It is very possible they did mention it, but the editing monkeys removed it. But if Trump knew about it, how could he not fire Geraldo? Oh wait, this is Trump we are talking about.

• Love 7

Mike Rowe is an actual corporate spokesman,  Geraldo, not so much.   

Mike Rowe was on CA?!  Damn.  My boyfriend.

Someone HAD to have mentioned it.  And I believe it got edited because Trump would look like a dumbass for not firing him if it had been brought up.  He STILL looks like a dumbass but for the viewers who don't analyze these shows like we do ;-) they likely take it at face value that Kevin (or any of them) didn't bring it up in the boardroom.

• Love 3

I was shocked when Viveca said what she did about Shawn, it was so inappropriate in that setting and on national TV. I'm not really familiar with Viveca's work so was neutral about her, but am now negative. And good for Shawn for not being caught up in discussing it further in the boardroom (who knows what Trump would have piped in with!?!?) but also for speaking up for herself later in a non-confrontational way.

I am so glad Shawn told her off.  Same with that other Olympian who told Kenya off.  

• Love 3

Wah, no more Gilbert.  The main reason I was watching.  I love Gilbert!

Unlike Lisa Lampanelli, another over-the-top comedian, or of course Joan Rivers, who won, he went too far.  But that's Gilbert.

But as someone said, watch his episode of Celebrity Wife Swap.  He has the sweetest wife and kids, and he clearly loves his family.  If you can't watch it, read the New York Times article about it.  http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/arts/television/gilbert-gottfried-on-celebrity-wife-swap.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Anyway, Gilbert is a brilliant man whose knowledge of show business and comedy technique is extremely wide and deep.  Listen to his new podcast (The Amazing Colossal Podcast).  Each week he interviews a comedy legend.  He doesn't do much schtick.  It's a very smart show and quite entertaining if, like me, you're a fan of old movies and comedy. 

Geraldo is an unbelievable ass on this show, but he will last because of the ratings value.  

• Love 3

I don't know much about the Jonas brothers, but I thought Kevin did a good job as PM and acted professional. Too bad the executives from Neat didn't tell Donald that Geraldo was purposely talking loudly during their meeting and trying to screw things up. On top of that, Trump decides ahead of time who he is going to fire, so it wouldn't have mattered if Kevin brought Lorenzo in. The executives didn't have a problem with the direction, it was the script itself I would say.

The second episode was edited a bit oddly, I never felt I got a good idea of how the presentations went beyond the part we saw. I can understand the execs not wanting to use a line like Live Long because some moron would sue them over it as a 'claim'. I like Shawn and hope she continues to stand up for herself. She seems pretty competent. I really dislike Geraldo and I hope the rest of the men band together and try to get him fired. He will clearly attempt to take over everything.

Mr. Maddingcrowd said Terrell is known for being very outspoken, so I am surprised he appears so meek here. 

Kevin from the first second he started as manager thought (wrongly) he could outsmart Geraldo.  His whole focus was on Geraldo, not the task.   His act of separating team members into two cars sealed his fate to be fired.   Geraldo knew exactly what was going on so he set out to unnerve and fuck up Kevin and he was very successful. 

Kevin played right into it and got fired, rightfully so.    He played dumb and really dirty by bringing Ian back in the boardroom.

• Love 2

Wah, no more Gilbert.  The main reason I was watching.  I love Gilbert!

Prior to the premier, I didn't think I could watch because of Gilbert. For me, he was intolerable. But Trump was right when he said that Gilbert would  likely gain some fans due to his appearance on CA. 

That said, I still couldn't live with him!  Hats off to his wife and kids.

ETA:

The women's presentation on task two was incredibly chaotic.  How did that win?  Only because of Gilbert's part, I guess.

I couldn't follow it either.  Vivica's part was ridiculous.  The guys' delivery was smoother.  I thought they'd won, hands down.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

I didn't think it was possible to hate Geraldo anymore, but I do. He is just an awful, awful human being. He is like a little baby brat who cannot handle being the center of attention. Since he wasn't PM and the current PM was obviously not smart enough to make Geraldo his second, he decided to act like an asshole non-stop. Talking on the phone during the meeting with the execs was SO beyond rude, I don't even know what to say. Yea, he was definitely trying to sabotage Kevin. No doubt about it. 

I wasn't surprised the men lost, though. After viewing both commercials, I immediately saw that Vortex was too focused on the old Neat and not the new technology they're embracing with the cloud and what-not. So I suppose it was fair that Kevin went home. Ultimately, he is PM and he has the final say on what goes into the commercial and what does not. He can try and save himself by saying Geraldo was so distracting that he couldn't work properly, but that really wasn't it. However, it wouldn't be the first time Trump has sent home someone for not being a cohesive part of the team, even if they weren't the reason for losing directly. I just think it's a bit early for that. Plus, Geraldo and Trump are both constantly appearing on Faux News, so they're probably a bit of buddies in real life. Geraldo aint going anywhere.....unfortunately. 

I also hated Geraldo's selective memory in the board room. "Oh yea, they were struggling with the script and I swooped in and said let me have a crack at it. Totally saved the day". Um no. You were GIVEN that task, intentionally, to keep you busy. 

I loved when Brandi made some comment in her TH about Kate not having anything to do if she wasn't on TV. Pot meet kettle. Kate pretty much sucked as a PM, though. She's lucky the rest of her team put that shit together for her. And now, she's kind of in a good spot. She won't have to be PM for quite awhile longer, so as long as she doesn't screw up royally, she might be safe for several more weeks. Fair play to you, Kate. 

Now, I WAS surprised when the girls won the second task. Their food was late, their food was cold - the execs must have REALLY hated Gilbert. I can't say I blame them. There's a time and a place, and that was not a comedy club. The PM should have made sure he had lines, though, and not just let him improv. Although, I don't know that Gilbert is necessarily one for following direction. Oh well, not sad to see him go - he can be funny at times (Mein Fuhrer!), but it often gets grating. And he didn't really seem to WANT to be there. I thought he was fine with being fired. 

As for Period-Gate, I'm totally team Shawn. There was no reason for Vivica to bring that up in the board room. How humiliating. She could have easily said that Shawn wasn't feeling well and checked out. She didn't need to say why, and get all the men laughing. And really, while Shawn's energy was not high, I didn't think anything she did or didn't do caused problems for the team. If Vivica was upset with how late they returned from shopping, I'd put that on Kate. She is a perfectionist and seemed to be taking forever with every single decision. 

The best part of this episode was when Jamie asked Kenya, "Who raised you?" I love someone who's not afraid to call out Ms. Twirl. 

Also, Johnny Damon looks like a werewolf. That's all. 

• Love 12

I don't believe the order of the firings is predetermined at all.  No script, too many moving parts to even consider that.  I do believe Trump makes his decision as it unfolds.  He certainly has favorites and people he prefers to keep for the long haul and that may influence his decision when the choice is down to 3.  

I never liked Geraldo but had no clue what an arrogant prick he really is.  I just mentally dismissed him as a jerk all these years.  He is so much more than "just" a jerk!

Seems like there is going to be a team shuffle next week or soon.  A preview on the first episode shows Geraldo sitting between 2 women, telling Trump he put him between a hurricane and a tornado, something like that.   I so want him to be eaten alive by those women!  

• Love 7

The more I think of it, the slogan - which falsely implied that the food would promote longevity - is far more problematic than Gilbert's joke.  Something that could run a company in trouble with the FDA or FTC is worse than Gilbert joking to some uptight pills that he doesn't get a lot of action. And the company people seemed like real sourpusses. It annoys me on the show when corporate tools come on and claim that they want something "viral" or "engaging" or "entertaining" (knowing that such things are in the eye of the beholder) and then get their knickers in a knot when the teams try to do so.

• Love 5

Question for those of you who were NOT familiar with Brandi prior to Celebrity Apprentice:

What are your thoughts about her?  I ask because I wonder if when you read some of the remarks that fans of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills make about her, do you think, "I don't see what they're talking about."?  Because if I try to look at her on CA without my jaundiced RHOBH eyes, she's not coming off as the horrible dimwit that I think she is. Gah.  I don't believe I just wrote that.  I'm so interested in your thoughts.

The more I think of it, the slogan - which falsely implied that the food would promote longevity - is far more problematic than Gilbert's joke. 

Small voice: I kind of loved the guys' slogan.  But when it was pointed out in the boardroom how misleading it was, I totally understood why it was a problem.

• Love 2

Someone HAD to have mentioned it.  And I believe it got edited because Trump would look like a dumbass for not firing him if it had been brought up.  He STILL looks like a dumbass but for the viewers who don't analyze these shows like we do ;-) they likely take it at face value that Kevin (or any of them) didn't bring it up in the boardroom.

I think it was just poor editing. Trump alluded to the shenanigans from Geraldo in the second half of the episode (aka the real third episode) when they gathered in the boardroom after the Luvo task. DT started off by saying that he almost cut GR in the previous boardroom meeting, so there must have been more said about GR's role in the Neat task to justify that comment.

• Love 1

I believe Trump did know about it and I was waiting for it to be brought up but never was.  Then I realized it had to have been edited out.  And there is no way the executives didn't tell Trump how rude Geraldo was when they came in to talk to the team.  No way.  I started yelling at the TV for Kevin to bring that up.  And how Geraldo was so disruptive that he HAD to keep Geraldo out of a lot of the task because Geraldo's EGO took over everything and nothing would have gotten done.

• Love 3

Mike Rowe was on CA?!  Damn.  My boyfriend.

et tu, ryebread?  ;-)   I haven't seen all seasons of The Apprentice and had no idea Mike Rowe was on, either.  I would watch any show he's on - I just love his quick wit!

• Love 2

Jamie says Kenya brought a lot of drama, Kenya interrupts her to explain , the gets huffy when her interruption is interrupted! Says Jamie is rude!

You could make a super cut of Kenya doing this from RHOA episodes and reunion shows. I cannot understand how she isn't aware that she's doing it. It's so effin' obnoxious.

• Love 3

The best part of this episode was when Jamie asked Kenya, "Who raised you?" I love someone who's not afraid to call out Ms. Twirl.

I was waiting for Mt. Moore to errupt with that one. Only because I know Kenya's background. Her mother abandoned her, left her to be raised by her grandmother. She never had a relationship with her father. The fact she overcame that to accomplish all she has is, in my mind, pretty amazing. I'm not defending her over-the-top antics I've seen her commit, but at the same time, that remark from Jamie had to cut to the bone.

Ryebread to answer your question about Brandi, I've seen her bleeped a couple of times. I've seen the comments made on the sly. She's just waiting for the right time to let the "real" Brandi emerge. Once something goes wrong, she'll go ballistic blaming everyone else, just wait for it. She was already hammering Kate last night, although not to her face. That's her specialty. And I could say the same thing about Kenya, if she is PM and someone doesn't do what she tells them to do, the fire dept. will be needed.

• Love 6

I was waiting for Mt. Moore to errupt with that one. Only because I know Kenya's background. Her mother abandoned her, left her to be raised by her grandmother. She never had a relationship with her father. The fact she overcame that to accomplish all she has is, in my mind, pretty amazing. I'm not defending her over-the-top antics I've seen her commit, but at the same time, that remark from Jamie had to cut to the bone.

I'm not familiar with Kenya, but read her Wikipedia article and I felt a bit bad for her  when Jamie said that. In Jamie's defense I really doubt she knows Kenya's background, but she could of said it nicer.

But - Geraldo - What an ego!!!  He used to live in our area, and I knew a few people who knew him, and he REALLY is that egocentric in real life, so, he is not just playing up for the cameras!!! 

Noticing how short he is, I really do believe there's some truth to that whole Napoleon complex thing.

• Love 3