Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Nobody Out Thinks Donald Trump

Wah, no more Gilbert.  The main reason I was watching.  I love Gilbert!

Unlike Lisa Lampanelli, another over-the-top comedian, or of course Joan Rivers, who won, he went too far.  But that's Gilbert.

But as someone said, watch his episode of Celebrity Wife Swap.  He has the sweetest wife and kids, and he clearly loves his family.  If you can't watch it, read the New York Times article about it.  http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/arts/television/gilbert-gottfried-on-celebrity-wife-swap.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Anyway, Gilbert is a brilliant man whose knowledge of show business and comedy technique is extremely wide and deep.  Listen to his new podcast (The Amazing Colossal Podcast).  Each week he interviews a comedy legend.  He doesn't do much schtick.  It's a very smart show and quite entertaining if, like me, you're a fan of old movies and comedy. 

Geraldo is an unbelievable ass on this show, but he will last because of the ratings value.  

Another newby question: wouldn't it be better for potential future shows to knock GR off toward the end rather than having such a generally unliked/unlikeable person win? 

The best part of this episode was when Jamie asked Kenya, "Who raised you?

Kenya was raised by her Aunt Lori. With such a positive influence in her life, I still can't believe that she turned into such a hag.

• Love 5

Shawn's holier-than-thou attitude really bothered me -- with a smattering of "Can you believe what this crazy black woman is saying?!" (sorry, that's how her doth protesting too much came off to me), when we'd seen her tell Vivica on camera that she didn't feel well and wasn't at her best. Vivica was right to bring it up in the boardroom, and when Shawn wouldn't own up to it, the gloves came off. Had they lost, declaring oneself ill at the beginning would be grounds for firing (on this show), despite her pushing through it. If you're not feeling well, don't announce it to your PM, especially when everything done on the task is up for review in the boardroom. But Shawn's pearl-clutching act made me roll my eyes. Vivica couldn't have brought it up if Shawn hadn't announced it herself.

Knowing the bit I do about Shawn's post-Olympic career she has kind of built herself into a brand has presented herself as a hardworking individual and I think she was mad about Vivica comment because it presented her as lazy and she knew it would be on national tv. If all the rumors are true about how the girls on the gymnastic team were pretty awful to her when she was on the top of her game in gymnastics it might explain why she is so willing to stand up to anyone nowadays on this show.

• Love 1

I was waiting for Mt. Moore to errupt with that one. Only because I know Kenya's background. Her mother abandoned her, left her to be raised by her grandmother. She never had a relationship with her father. The fact she overcame that to accomplish all she has is, in my mind, pretty amazing. I'm not defending her over-the-top antics I've seen her commit, but at the same time, that remark from Jamie had to cut to the bone.

Ryebread to answer your question about Brandi, I've seen her bleeped a couple of times. I've seen the comments made on the sly. She's just waiting for the right time to let the "real" Brandi emerge. Once something goes wrong, she'll go ballistic blaming everyone else, just wait for it. She was already hammering Kate last night, although not to her face. That's her specialty. And I could say the same thing about Kenya, if she is PM and someone doesn't do what she tells them to do, the fire dept. will be needed.

I have to say the comment Jamie made was first off way out of proportion for what Kenya said.  Kenya was correct-Jamie was not dressed for front of the house service.  She apologized and I am not quite certain how much of an apology she needed but really immature to start in with the sincerity of the apology.  It is never a good idea to comment on someone's lineage if one is not familiar with it-perhaps she was familiar with it and said it to try and get a reaction.  I felt kind of bad for Kenya and worse for Jamie's parents or guardians who obviously raised such an unaware, insensitive, ill-mannered young adult.

From what I have seen so far is Brandi is doing her "I am a girl's girl" and rallying the troop against Kenya and Kate.  Kenya has strong ideas-Brandi is basically a little light in the brain department.  Really Team Gold, what is this third grade?  The Olympians really don't stand a chance with this group of women and I see them as first trimester sacrifices.

I think Brandi and Vivica are itching for a chance to derail Kenya.  She is Leesa's main competition at this point.

• Love 3

Geraldo is an asshole, no two ways about it, but Jonas-boy was entirely tooo stupid bringing in Ian and Geraldo to the board room - WTF??  You bring in someone who you praised and had high regard for?  This was a very poor strategy and Trump saw right through it - he deserved to be fired for that dumbass move.

But - Geraldo - What an ego!!!  He used to live in our area, and I knew a few people who knew him, and he REALLY is that egocentric in real life, so, he is not just playing up for the cameras!!!

Husband and I were wondering last night if Geraldo truly is the ass he portrays himself to be - now we know he really is.

In both cases, the right person was eliminated, although the case could clearly be made for Geraldo.  But the women are right. Geraldo's not going anywhere just yet. I was suprised that Jonas did not bring up Geraldo's behavior in front of the clients (the loud phone call) because Trump usually hates that client disrespect. He also should have brought Lorenzo back.  I really thought Trump was going to fire Ian just to make a point, though.

Kate Gosselin should thank the gods that she had Leeza and Brandi (yes, Brandi) on hand for that task.  And then 6 hours to buy supplies for the second task?  Kate won't be around much longer.

Gilbert was clearly the right choice.  I get that's his "thing" but there's a time and place for it, and when you're trying to win money for charity, it's not the time or place.

• Love 2

Question for those of you who were NOT familiar with Brandi prior to Celebrity Apprentice:

What are your thoughts about her?  I ask because I wonder if when you read some of the remarks that fans of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills make about her, do you think, "I don't see what they're talking about."?  Because if I try to look at her on CA without my jaundiced RHOBH eyes, she's not coming off as the horrible dimwit that I think she is. Gah.  I don't believe I just wrote that.  I'm so interested in your thoughts.

Ryebread, you know how much I detest Brandi, but I will share thoughts from Mr. Motorcity.  He has never seen a RH show and has no idea who any of these people are. The man has never even heard of Kate or her 8 children (he knew all of the athletes, however), so he is without a clue.  His observation is that he likes Brandi very much and thinks she is going to go far. I always thought that Brandi would do a great job in this venue. She can be charming and can work hard. Brandi was extremely beloved before she was extremely hated, and I always figured she would trot out the Brandi folks fell in love with for this brief stint on reality TV. Oh, she will have a breakdown at some point, but I figure she will "victim" her way out of it at least one time before she eventually gets fired. 

• Love 3

To me the slogan is definitely more problematic; you can move on with a bad presentation, but not with a false or misleading claim.  And as a news correspondent for a bazillion years, spotting that line between what you can and can't say should be as instinctive to Geraldo as breathing. 

The more I think of it, the slogan - which falsely implied that the food would promote longevity - is far more problematic than Gilbert's joke.  Something that could run a company in trouble with the FDA or FTC is worse than Gilbert joking to some uptight pills that he doesn't get a lot of action. And the company people seemed like real sourpusses. It annoys me on the show when corporate tools come on and claim that they want something "viral" or "engaging" or "entertaining" (knowing that such things are in the eye of the beholder) and then get their knickers in a knot when the teams try to do so.

• Love 1

Jonas wasn't listening and that was his downfall

Jonas has a lot of the same obnoxious qualities as Geraldo. He thinks he is some kind of  genius. And the way he walks around, so serious and like his ass cheeks are tightly clenched together, I cannot stand him. Glad he's gone.  Geraldo can go any time now.

• Love 7
Geraldo's ideas are unimaginative and he thinks everything out of his mouth is gold, Jerry, gold.

Neat? Sweet!

I died. And Kevin's face when he said that? I died again. He is AWFUL.

• Love 9

I think she was trying to talk around it and get across the message that she felt really bad that day -- and possibly why -- without actually having to say on camera that she had cramps and other issues because she was on her period.

It was Vivica that brought it to a head in the boardroom backed up by Kenya. They teamed up on Shawn just incase they lost. Vivica had no right to judge Shawn on a legitimate health problem. I hope Donald realized it.

Vivica and Kenya are going to team up and try to steamroll the competition. Only Leeza has the kutsbah to stand up to them. Shawn and Jamie are toast. They have competitive spirit but not a combative personality. But when push comes to shove, the cat fight between Vivica and Kenya will be epic.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 4

Kevin played right into it and got fired, rightfully so.    He played dumb and really dirty by bringing Ian back in the boardroom.

He wanted Ian to trash Geraldo, so that he could act like Geraldo's antics didn't get under his skin, but Ian wasn't playing that game.

• Love 2

His observation is that he likes Brandi very much and thinks she is going to go far. I always thought that Brandi would do a great job in this venue. She can be charming and can work hard. Brandi was extremely beloved before she was extremely hated, and I always figured she would trot out the Brandi folks fell in love with for this brief stint on reality TV. Oh, she will have a breakdown at some point, but I figure she will "victim" her way out of it at least one time before she eventually gets fired. 

This is my thought, too.  I can't 'un-know' what I know about her, I'm obviously biased that's why I'm intrigued by what others who don't 'know' her think.  She seems pretty even tempered right now. She's bound to crack sooner or later.  Or show her crack. 

• Love 5
I was suprised that Jonas did not bring up Geraldo's behavior in front of the clients (the loud phone call) because Trump usually hates that client disrespect.

mwell345, that was my thought too.  Maybe something was lost in editing.  Geraldo is the definition of a spoiled brat who has been granted celebrity for too long...way too long.  We used to see The Donald ask probing questions of the clients.  Surely this is his show's last season (and I said I wouldn't watch!).  OY!

• Love 1

Leeza and Geraldo will be final two.

Please, please be wrong. Leeza fine, but every horrible thing I have though about Geraldo over the years has been proven in 3 episodes.

War Correspondent? PUHLEEZE. How about tabloid reporter? Make that, washed up tabloid reporter.

Oh wait, I guess giving out troop movements on National TV for that our enemies have a much better chance to find us, falls under "war  correspondent". Instead of say, oh I don't know, Treason? . 

How does such a loser, such a butt of so many jokes, have such a ginormous ego? Man, talk about delusional.

What a Tool.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 9

Joan Rivers, a living legend (at the time I mean) deserved a "she had a previous commitment" nod and acceptance of it (because it's basically a guaranteed week where you won't go).  Kenya Moore, a relative nobody?  Does not.

And how quick was it before we got constant third person use from Gerry Rivera?  He's GOT to be playing this up.  I can't envision ANYONE being this willfully blind of appearances.

Unless she shows a side we haven't seen yet... I SO want Leeza to destroy this show and dominate.  I've always liked her and would be shocked if that changes here.

• Love 4

No way Brandi will be able to hide her horrible-ness if she lasts long enough. With all the "Shawn has her period talk" last night, all I could think of the picture of Brandi and her tampon string.

• Love 3

After last night, Leeza may become one of the flies in my CA ointment. I don't think she could have patted herself on the back any harder. Save the self-praise for the boardroom when you'll need it. I thought it was obnoxious, whether or not it was accurate. 

• Love 1

It just occurred to me watching this that the whole idea that Geraldo is a voice everyone would know is such bullshit. Geraldo put forth the notion and people (the girls especially) just accepted it.  But it's Gerlado's appearance--his stupid mustache, huge honker of a nose, and poofy hair, and THEN added to that a half-way identifiable voice, that's the package.  If it was JUST his voice in a VO?  I say he's not that "identifiable".  Mike Rowe, or for that matter Leeza Gibbons, have much more distinctive voices (of course Gilbert is the most identifiable of all, but he couldn't be both on-screen talent AND the main VO).

• Love 6

Joan Rivers, a living legend (at the time I mean) deserved a "she had a previous commitment" nod and acceptance of it (because it's basically a guaranteed week where you won't go).  Kenya Moore, a relative nobody?  Does not.

Well, if Kenya had this commitment when she agreed to do the show, then she probably brought it up to producers and made it part of the contract that she'd be let out to do it. Which is really only being fair to whatever employer she had a gig with. (although on Twitter she was taking quite a lot of credit for elements of the project that she largely wasn't even there for.)

It just occurred to me watching this that the whole idea that Geraldo is a voice everyone would know is such bullshit. 

I don't know, Geraldo does have a pretty recognizable voice. I would know it if I heard it in an ad, but I'm old, lol. 

• Love 2

After last night, Leeza may become one of the flies in my CA ointment. I don't think she could have patted herself on the back any harder. Save the self-praise for the boardroom when you'll need it. I thought it was obnoxious, whether or not it was accurate. 

My take on that is that as savvy as Leeza is about most things, she has no real personal experience with Reality editing/presentation.  Asked right up front a leading question from the off-screen production monkey like "In what way do you think you were responsible for the victory in the task?", I bet Leeza answers it fairly directly.  What she's missing--the trap that they ALL fall into--is that the interviewer and their question is REMOVED from what airs, so it always comes off like the person decided just off the top of their head to brag about how essential they were. 

• Love 3

Also, I hate to say it, but it's the celebrities who play for the big charities that stick around the longest. For example, I remember when Trace Adkins was on, the first time was for a food allergy charity, but the second time was for the Red Cross, and he won.

The first time Trace Adkins was on CA he played for the Anaphylaxis Network- he made it to the Final 2, and lost to Piers Morgan who was able to raise about a quarter-million for his charity, the Intrepid Fund.  Trace had only raised about 20% of that amount. 

When Trace came back for All-Stars, he made close to that much in the first task where he was PM.  That's why he won, not because it was Red Cross and not food allergies.  Joan Rivers played for an org that was kind of a Meals on Wheels knockoff.  

The people who make it to the finale are the people Trump thinks can bring in the most money.   

• Love 2

I disliked Trump before, but now he is, to quote Kevin O'Leary, dead to me. "You tried to second guess me? NO ONE second guesses me. YOU'RE FIRED."

The heck? Props to Gilbert for the quote of the night: "Yes, mine Fuhrer." Nothing is closer to the truth about this show than that. Because of you, mine Fuhrer, this show is now dead to me. Thanks for freeing up my Monday nights.  Anyone looking for me on Tuesdays from now on, I'll be in Sleepy Hollow watching The Bach.

• Love 5

Except that Leeza's whole career is rooted in getting the best and juiciest soundbites out of people, so you would think she'd know better. 

I don't think that's true.  Leeza comes from a model where the interviewer is part of the end product.  The idea of leading someone to a statement, then editing your very existence out of the process to make it seem like it was the agenda of the interviewee to say something is not only foreign to her, but I'd think repulsive and against her integrity as a journalist.  

I think he should give the "fired" people a donation of some sort.   For me I think Leeza deserved every pat on the back for that task.  It's not like she slacked off like the project manager and her "Oh I want you to eat and not starve" comments.  She was part of the ones directly responsible for making that win happen.  I can see how you have a few saying how valuable they are when they aren't (Geraldo saying he thought of Gilbert with the tax idea when he didn't).  If she does it again and doesn't back it up then I totally agree. I'm biased because I like Leeza and her charity so maybe that's why.

Edited by Crucial
  • Love 1

Ewwwww! Brandi kissing Geraldo on the lips, When he returned from the boardroom. I can't remember which episode it was, but I think it was when KJ went home.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

Leeza is an entertainment journalist, not a news reporter. A large part of her job is to get the best soundbites. I don't believe she is naive to this process, particularly since she has years in the business and reality shows have been part of whatever ET has covered in the past.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 1
It just occurred to me watching this that the whole idea that Geraldo is a voice everyone would know is such bullshit. Geraldo put forth the notion and people (the girls especially) just accepted it.  But it's Gerlado's appearance--his stupid mustache, huge honker of a nose, and poofy hair, and THEN added to that a half-way identifiable voice, that's the package.  If it was JUST his voice in a VO?  I say he's not that "identifiable".  Mike Rowe, or for that matter Leeza Gibbons, have much more distinctive voices (of course Gilbert is the most identifiable of all, but he couldn't be both on-screen talent AND the main VO).

I completely agree with this. And I really didn't like the way some of the girls were kissing his ass - "Oh why didn't they use YOUR voice? It's so recognizable!" Eh, not so much. There are others that are way more distinctive. But, as usual, Geraldo thinks everything about him is gold. 

Ewwwww! Brandi kissing Geraldo on the lips. I can't remember which episode it was, but I think it was when KJ went home.

And I had just succeeded in temporarily blocking that out, thanks! ;)

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 1

It just occured to me how funny the episode title is. 

It's our proof that the only ego possibly bigger than Geraldo's IS Trumps.  Nobody outthinks him?  Bwahahahaha.  That's a good one.  And seeing one of the bigger draws to the show fired simply so Trump could spit out that soundbyte?  Incredible.

• Love 5

I completely agree with this. And I really didn't like the way some of the girls were kissing his ass - "Oh why didn't they use YOUR voice? It's so recognizable!" Eh, not so much. There are others that are way more distinctive. But, as usual, Geraldo thinks everything about him is gold.

And I had just succeeded in temporarily blocking that out, thanks! ;)

Lol! Sorry.
  • Love 1

Leeza is an entertainment journalist, not a news reporter. A large part of her job is to get the best soundbites. I don't believe she is naive to this process, particularly since she has years in the business and reality shows have been part of whatever ET has covered in the past.

But then what you are claiming instead is that this person savvy about reality shows WANTED to appear on the show appearing to be boasting about herself.

Geraldo I could buy that explanation with--because he has a four decade long record of promoting himself as a brand and a fixed idea that being a blowhard doesn't hurt his career long-term.  The more ego he shows, the more his name is bandied about, the more work/attention he gets.  His career isn't based around talking to other celebs, it's about promoting himself and his point of view.

But Leeza's career is based more on being friendly with everyone in showbiz, and everyone feeling they can trust talking to her.  Her ego isn't engaged in the same fashion, because it's not about Leeza Gibbons being the center of any broadcast she makes, it's about Leeza Gibbons being the one they're willing to talk to because they know she won't make it about herself.

• Love 2

How on earth did Shawn Johnson survive Dancing With the Stars?   She was made to perform for at least 10 weeks consecutively.  Do the math.  While I accept she wasn't at her best, I am convinced she decided to use this excuse to sabotage the PM.  

I'm really torn regarding Shawn's cramps.  I don't think Shawn was attempting to sabotage the PM, but I do think she used her period as an excuse to shop all day.  This young woman is not only a former world class athlete, she performed on Dancing with the Stars - twice!   You don't spend a week in bed (or even a day) as an Olympian, or star on DWTS.  I think Shawn probably does have extreme cramps (as do I), but she has the mental strength to power through sprains, strains, and stress fractures - which all gymnasts experience.  I suspect she thought CA would be similar to DWTS, where there is a competitive spirit, but also a sense of family and fun.  She's the youngest in a cast of people at least twice her age (minus Jamie, whom she strangely didn't bond with over their Olympic experience), and this is a show about playing dirty and throwing people under the bus.  I think she's in over her head and there's no way, as sweet as she is, that she's going to win.

As fake as it is, I like seeing all the money that goes to charity. These are some big dollars, a real windfall for some of them. Also, I hate to say it, but it's the celebrities who play for the big charities that stick around the longest. For example, I remember when Trace Adkins was on, the first time was for a food allergy charity, but the second time was for the Red Cross, and he won.

That's not always true.  Joan Rivers won playing for God's Love We Deliver - a New York charity that I had never heard off (at that time).

• Love 3
I have to say the comment Jamie made was first off way out of proportion for what Kenya said.  Kenya was correct-Jamie was not dressed for front of the house service.  She apologized and I am not quite certain how much of an apology she needed but really immature to start in with the sincerity of the apology.  It is never a good idea to comment on someone's lineage if one is not familiar with it-perhaps she was familiar with it and said it to try and get a reaction.  I felt kind of bad for Kenya and worse for Jamie's parents or guardians who obviously raised such an unaware, insensitive, ill-mannered young adult.

I don't know who Jaime is, but I really thought her reaction to Kenya's comment was way OTT. And I thought bringing Oprah into the conversation was just weird. One thing had nothing to do with the other.

• Love 1

Noticing how short he is, I really do believe there's some truth to that whole Napoleon complex thing.

My mom, raised on a farm, refers to this type of man as a Banty Rooster.

How does such a loser, such a butt of so many jokes, have such a ginormous ego? Man, talk about delusional.

What a Tool.

This one's easy.  Tool/Loser/Delusional are words commonly applied to Fox News - Geraldo's home for the last decade or so.  They didn't create the monster, but they kept him alive and enabled him.

• Love 5

Geraldo's voice may be recognizable, but maybe for the wrong reasons.  He could be associated with a hoax (empty tomb) or Fox News (his employer). That could offend potential buyers, so using his voice is a risk.  

I thought that Geraldo seemed to be acting out a script of being obvious.  When he was talking loud on the phone when the company reps came in to meet, it seemed fake.  I wondered if they were being punked. It was like he was following a script that said act rude and tick off team members.  So was it scripted or Geraldo's own idea? If it was his own idea, wouldn't he have been a little more smooth with it? Why so fake?  

• Love 3

Question for those of you who were NOT familiar with Brandi prior to Celebrity Apprentice:

What are your thoughts about her?  I ask because I wonder if when you read some of the remarks that fans of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills make about her, do you think, "I don't see what they're talking about."?  Because if I try to look at her on CA without my jaundiced RHOBH eyes, she's not coming off as the horrible dimwit that I think she is. Gah.  I don't believe I just wrote that.  I'm so interested in your thoughts.

I am interested to hear this, too.  I don't dislike Brandi, though.  For me, I love what she brings to RHOBH; she entertains me.  

I would love to see her go off on Geraldo, She would not back down.  And she certainly is not impressed with Iraq or Somalia either.  I wish someone would mention his piece on Al Capone's vault!  Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I would really love that.   

She worked well with Leeza and backed off her "lazy" comment and made amends to Kate.  We have seen some clips of her getting snappy so more is yet to come.  Kenya and Vivica could use some Brandi discipline.  Those 2 are nasty women with huge egos.  I haven't seen either of them in anything so know little about them.  

• Love 2

He wanted Ian to trash Geraldo, so that he could act like Geraldo's antics didn't get under his skin, but Ian wasn't playing that game.

It wouldn't have worked anyway. The only time Trump gives a PM a pass on bringing in someone who doesn't deserve to be fired is if the PM can argue that none of the others deserved to be fired either. That's a tough sell to make this early in the season.

To me the slogan is definitely more problematic; you can move on with a bad presentation, but not with a false or misleading claim.  And as a news correspondent for a bazillion years, spotting that line between what you can and can't say should be as instinctive to Geraldo as breathing.

The product is in a class that gets a lot of leeway so he was probably on safe ground technically, but it's not a good idea to court customer complaint so I can see why the company reps may not have been happy.

It's funny to see Lorenzo Lamas turned off by GR's egomania.  I have a friend who worked with him once at a summer stock theater in Maine.  Her job was to make living & transportation arrangements for the actors.  LL demanded his house have a heated outdoor pool and 10 bedrooms so all his kids could visit.  The theater is in a seaside town and while there are a few luxurious homes, its mostly cottages and small un-McMansion like houses.  Not very many have pools, never mind heated ones since the beach is a quick walk or drive.  She found a rental place with 6 bedrooms and a pool (unheated) and told him it was the best he'd get.  He then asked for a decorator to come in and re-do the place because he thought it wasn't to his Hollywood standards.  She said no, that's not part of the deal.  He was only there for a week long run of whatever play, and NONE of his 10 kids ever came to stay.  He treated the playhouse staff like crap and the other actors complained about him too.

Oh, come sit by me.

I have an ex (with whom I'm still dear friends) who's an actor/producer/director in LA.  Early in his career when he and I were together, he, too, had the dubious pleasure of working with Lorenzo Lamas.

Yeah, I had daily updates about just how tiresome it was working with that overblown ego known as Lorenzo Lamas.

I found great irony in his aversion to Geraldo's egomaniacal behavior.

Apparently since his own short-lived 70s/80s star fell from the skies he's forgotten how much of a self-important egotist he was during his (few) golden days.

Have a seat, Lorenzo, and shut the fuck up about egos.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

re: Shawn and her monthly... enemy (I know some call it monthly friend... but...)

Is is possible that Shawn's manifestation of this is even worse because of her youth/career choice?

I've always heard that competitive gymnasts usually get delayed puberty because of their training regimen.  Is it out of the question perhaps that this has caused some more serious issues down the line for her?

• Love 3

I like Vivica and I'm all for "Keeping it Real" but to announce to all of the Americas that another woman is on her period? Super tacky.

And way to keep up the stereotype that us wimenfolks can't operate as good as the mens cause we need to sit on the edge of a cliff once a month.

Geesh.

This. Except I wasn't so sympathetic to Shawn either.  Maybe it's my age, but I am old enough to recall when men really did use this as evidence that we could not do jobs as well as they can. Into the 80's and 90's that was still a prevalent belief. I have no doubt it still is only less so now . 

She was any Olympian and managed to do DWTS, but she had to use that excuse? Sorry but if you don't want it broadcast, keep it quiet. 

You can always just say you are not feeling well.

• Love 9