Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

Alyssa is in Clermont - about 60 miles/1 hr driving time. So yeah they can see each other and I think they will [while they don't seem close, when Alyssa visits she does usually go spend an afternoon with Erin and lets the kids run around w/ their animals etc. + Carson doesn't have a brother so now with a boy cousin coming, they may be interested in the sons knowing each other even though nearly a decade apart in age]. But it's not like living down the street and the kids seeing each other many times a week - as is the case with Tori and Zach's kids.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, Notabug said:

My first impression was that there was no way Erin would be able to live with so much color.  Not that I would've chosen those colors myself, but it was no surprise when she said they couldn't wait to paint the walls 'a beautiful color like white'.  Ninny.

That house must have been used as a day care or nursery school. -- only way those colors make any sense.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Erin's most recent Instagram post features a brief video of the family getting ready for church. In the voiceover, Erin says Sunday mornings are hectic because the kids are rushing to pick clothes that "match their preferred styles." Is it me or does that come off as a pointed dig towards Alyssa? I can't decide if Erin truly respects individuality or she's pissed she can't afford the matchy aesthetic? Also notable was one of the girls wearing Frozen pajamas. The Paines are the last people I'd peg to buy anything related to Disney. Interesting. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Erin's most recent Instagram post features a brief video of the family getting ready for church. In the voiceover, Erin says Sunday mornings are hectic because the kids are rushing to pick clothes that "match their preferred styles." Is it me or does that come off as a pointed dig towards Alyssa? I can't decide if Erin truly respects individuality or she's pissed she can't afford the matchy aesthetic? Also notable was one of the girls wearing Frozen pajamas. The Paines are the last people I'd peg to buy anything related to Disney. Interesting. 

Individuality? They're fundie. Girls are all the same - born to be someone's wife, must keep a countenance the boys will like, long hair, play an instrument, read her bible, and be able to cook, clean, and birth. There's no room for individuality. If you like sports or want to go to regular school and college and be a dr or lawyer, too bad that's not what God intended for you - see Alyssa's second kid who wants to play sports and says she wants to be a dentist.

Erin is prissy and prim and proper, she'd LOVE to have 4 matching dresses each week + some kind of complementary boy outfit for Carson. But she doesn't have Tiki sending her that stuff and no way can they just go buy it even if a few times/yr. I have a feeling that's one of the families that still buying used and saving the difference. Kind of sucks that she's on the outs with everyone in her family - with so many nieces and nephews, it'd be hand me downs galore. Though given how competitive and showy the family is now, I'm guessing she couldn't tell anyone they needed hand me downs except Tori and her kids are younger and boys so that's unhelpful.

This isn't the first time she's taken a swipe at Alyssa's kids. She's said something before how kids wouldn't remember a perfect/big house or perfect outfits but they'd remember all the days running barefoot after the chickens in the mud making "memories."

I don't get the competition. You want to live a down home on the farm type of life bc you either want that or that's what you can afford - ok go ahead. Alyssa wants to compensate for all the things she never had by having a perfect white house and [likely] screaming at her kids if they make a mess or get a hair out of place, ok that's her choice. 

And shouldn't she be making nice to Alyssa given that she's moving someplace for the first time in her 31 yrs where she won't be 10 min from mom and dad? Granted she and Alyssa may not be close but it's the only family she'll have within a hr. Though I'm guessing it doesn't matter to her if Chad's family is moving down there [IDK - it was speculated earlier] and/or they're joining a church cult.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I am pretty sure that Erin buys a lot of her children’s clothing at Walmart.  I recognized a couple of the dresses her girls wear as the same ones my granddaughter has.  
No shame in living within your means, but the snide little comments she makes really show that it bothers her that her sisters have more disposable income.  Of course, she may not frequent Starbucks or fancy little children’s clothing boutiques, but none of her sisters have to feed a small menagerie either. 
All those years she was the spoiled princess while her sisters did the work, and now they seem to be more comfortable financially.  
Despite her claims about loving the simple life, I think she is quite jealous.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

I bet there are many things Erin enjoys about her life, but she’s probably wondering why she’s not blessed with matchy dresses or whatever. Clearly she is more godly than most of her siblings, but they all seem to have more. And she can’t outwardly complain, that would be un Christian, but she can make plenty of snide comments.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 11/14/2022 at 8:12 PM, ozziemom said:

I bet there are many things Erin enjoys about her life, but she’s probably wondering why she’s not blessed with matchy dresses or whatever. Clearly she is more godly than most of her siblings, but they all seem to have more. And she can’t outwardly complain, that would be un Christian, but she can make plenty of snide comments.

Probably, she seems like the tye that likes matching dresses but she doesn't have Alyssa's weird friend to buy them for her. Maybe she's hoping once she's living in Florida the weird friend will buy them for her.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And just like that, matching dresses. 😁

image.png.51653f0a04ef49192572b021e6f6cb30.png

The second-youngest little girl looks like she has the Princess Erin face down pat. And the hair. 

Are these Chad's parents, who married their daughter off to a convicted rapist? 

• Like 3

I know this is bitchy of me to say, but the dresses look like something cobbled together in home ec class. 

18 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Are these Chad's parents, who married their daughter off to a convicted rapist? 

Those would be the ones, yes. Imagine thinking your daughter is better off married to a rapist than remaining single. What a world we live in. 😥

• Sad 8
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I know this is bitchy of me to say, but the dresses look like something cobbled together in home ec class. 

Those would be the ones, yes. Imagine thinking your daughter is better off married to a rapist than remaining single. What a world we live in. 😥

They could have picked more appealing material. 

That goes for both statements. 

• LOL 10
22 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Whose feet are those in the white shoes Erin's or the little girl's?

Erin's. Brooklyn is wearing black leggings that kind of blend in to the background, but once you see them, you can tell they're attached to pink sneakers. 

• LOL 1
47 minutes ago, SMama said:

Does anyone know where their current IG story was filmed? Did Chad build a shed for their business? Their house is so small they can’t possibly store and work in there.

I can't figure out where they are. The place they were filming in had pipes and duct work in the ceiling, so I'm thinking it's probably not a makeshift shed. Maybe a friend is letting them use a corner of their office space? I can't imagine they could afford to rent anything. 

• Useful 2

I wonder if they took over the old Bates house. The new house was basically built in front of it and I think the old one has been used as storage and a workshop over the years.

Good thing KJ&G aren't around a lot or poor Chad wouldn't get anything done.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Tabitha is 36 now, so she was around 31 when they wed in 2017.  Glad to see they haven't had kids.

I didn’t realize she was that young when they married. She seemed older to me. I’m glad the unrepentant rapist has not had any children. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I didn’t realize she was that young when they married. She seemed older to me. I’m glad the unrepentant rapist has not had any children. 

Yeah, I was surprised, too.  She definitely looked older, and, by fundie standards, she was ancient. Her husband, the rapist, is 51, so he is considerably older.

Edited by Notabug
  • Mind Blown 3
3 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Yeah, I was surprised, too.  She definitely looked older, and, by fundie standards, she was ancient. Her husband, the rapist, is 51, so he is considerably older.

That poor woman! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
25 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Not only significantly older, but a convicted rapist to boot. She could have done so much better but looks like Papa Paine just wanted to unload her.

IIRC they had a low key wedding with a few pictures released. I doubt they had hundreds of guests like her brother. I’m curious as to what she’s doing with herself. 

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, SMama said:

Not only significantly older, but a convicted rapist to boot. She could have done so much better but looks like Papa Paine just wanted to unload her.

IIRC they had a low key wedding with a few pictures released. I doubt they had hundreds of guests like her brother. I’m curious as to what she’s doing with herself. 

Now, he was convicted, but later got a pardon.  He initially pled guilty and was sentenced to 3 years in prison which the judge suspended.  He was also listed as a sex offender which is why he applied for the pardon.

His 'argument' was that both he and the woman who was his roommate's girlfriend and worked as a stripper, were very drunk/high on drugs and that the encounter was consensual and she only claimed it wasn't because her boyfriend walked in as Tabby's hubby was anally penetrating her.  He used this version of events to apply for a pardon.  Sure, Jan.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 9
On 12/1/2022 at 6:59 AM, BitterApple said:

It's definitely them. Interesting that they don't seem to have had children. I wonder if that's by design or it just never worked out. 

Well, what the anal rapist likes doesn't result in pregnancies. 😡

I hope he is kind to Tabitha. 

• Sad 6
17 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know if Chad & Erin are moving to the DeLand area of Florida as previously presumed?

When they did the new house tour, they didn't name the city/town, but I'm assuming it has to be in that general area. If they're moving to be part of a new cult church, I can't imagine they'd want to be too great a distance from their newfound "friends."

• Like 3
  • Love 3

From the LawTiffy Christmas video, it was revealed that they will be inheriting Erin's piano. I guess it's too difficult/expensive to move, so it's Lawson's problem now. I guess she feels she can find another in Florida, or maybe just use the keyboard she got that she can directly record on. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

From the LawTiffy Christmas video, it was revealed that they will be inheriting Erin's piano. I guess it's too difficult/expensive to move, so it's Lawson's problem now. I guess she feels she can find another in Florida, or maybe just use the keyboard she got that she can directly record on. 

If they are moving themselves, pianos are a pain to move.  It makes sense that they would pass it on to someone else particularly if she has a keyboard she can practice on.  She's lucky she has someone to take it because I've heard pianos are notoriously hard to get rid of.

• Like 7
24 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

If they are moving themselves, pianos are a pain to move.  It makes sense that they would pass it on to someone else particularly if she has a keyboard she can practice on.  She's lucky she has someone to take it because I've heard pianos are notoriously hard to get rid of.

Lawson still has to move it to Nashville. I guess he'll rope one of the brothers with a truck into doing it. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

Facebook Marketplace in my area has a lot of free piano listings. I feel bad for the listers because they seem kind of desperate. PLEASE TAKE THIS PIANO! 

I hope Lawson's piano-playing skills are at least marginally superior to his singing and songwriting. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Does anyone know why pianos are so hard to get rid of? When I was young, every kid I knew (including myself) took lessons. Is it not a thing anymore? 

It's not a thing.  Kids don't take piano lessons like they used to.  If they want to study an instrument, it is guitar or drums.  If they're interested in piano, there are lots of electronic keyboards out there that are cheaper and more portable.

Also, pianos are tough to move, so not great for a family that doesn't plan to stay in their home very long. They are heavy, often require special equipment and not all moving companies will move them or will charge extra for it.  The piano will also need a major re-tune after the move is complete if someone is serious about playing it regularly.  It can easily cost as much as a thousand bucks to properly move a full sized piano.

I went to med school with a guy who was somewhat of a piano prodigy in his youth and he had a regular baby grand.  He and his wife were renters and she used to complain about trying to find apartments with enough floor space for the piano, which took up a major portion of any room.  She'd go apartment hunting with  her trusty tape measure so she could be certain the darned thing would fit.  And, then, the cost of moving it was ridiculous.  He was a terrific pianist, though, and  I, for one, am glad he had the piano.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

I know someone whose mother had a baby grand piano. She had spent thousands on refurbishing the piano. When she passed her daughter tried to give it away to schools, churches, nursing homes etc. No one wanted it. She finally paid to have it hauled off to the dump.  

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 9
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I know someone whose mother had a baby grand piano. She had spent thousands on refurbishing the piano. When she passed her daughter tried to give it away to schools, churches, nursing homes etc. No one wanted it. She finally paid to have it hauled off to the dump.  

That's sad.

• Like 2

How do they think they can "help a church?" Neither of them have any sort of training. Not that the pastor of an IFB church does either, which begs the question, what's wrong with the church? Is Chad going to actually step in and be the pastor? How else can they help? 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • Love 3