Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Are E&C moving to become church re-planters, a la Jinger and Jeremy? Are they bringing their 'fame' and youth to FL to re-grow an existing Fundy church?

This makes sense to me. IIRC in the original video they referred to a church family that spoke to them, I don’t remember anything about helping the church. It sounded like they had found a community more like-minded and God told them to go there. Or something like that. I do recall we speculated that Chad’s family was somehow connected to this move but I don’t think C&E have mentioned that. Is the grandfather they visited last year still in Florida?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

From my own experience with my neighbors, myself, etc. most people here in Florida want to hire licensed and insured contractors. I hope Chad will get this done. As far as playing outside, here in FL it is mostly too hot and humid to be outside except for "our winter" which is really a spring/early fall for northerners. I think the kids will find it too hot to be out a lot. Also, they have to watch out for sand fleas; we have different "dirt" here than in Tenn. I think these two will "grow a church" using their TV fame; not preaching skills. The pastor probably is looking for name recognition with Chad and Erin, etal. I wish them the best though.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

From my own experience with my neighbors, myself, etc. most people here in Florida want to hire licensed and insured contractors. I hope Chad will get this done. As far as playing outside, here in FL it is mostly too hot and humid to be outside except for "our winter" which is really a spring/early fall for northerners. I think the kids will find it too hot to be out a lot. Also, they have to watch out for sand fleas; we have different "dirt" here than in Tenn. I think these two will "grow a church" using their TV fame; not preaching skills. The pastor probably is looking for name recognition with Chad and Erin, etal. I wish them the best though.

My nephew is a self-taught handyman/home improvement contractor in FL. He just needed to fill out the paper work for a business license and then obtain insurance. He only does what he knows: interior floors, walls and ceilings and exterior siding, painting and windows. He does not do plumbing or electrical.

I think Chad will be fine once the business is up and running.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

I live in the part of Florida that got hit by Hurricane Ian and there is plenty of handyman or construction work around here right now. Florida is very much a boom/bust area, we’ve lived through at least two cycles in the 20+ years we’ve been here. So Chad should be able to find work especially since he won’t have to be doing Bateses projects. But Erin may have him working full time on their place. Agree 100% with @floridamom, the bugs and humidity make outside outside activity not fun or pleasant. Especially if you don’t have a pool.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

How do they think they can "help a church?" Neither of them have any sort of training. Not that the pastor of an IFB church does either, which begs the question, what's wrong with the church? Is Chad going to actually step in and be the pastor? How else can they help? 

And why do they think “church” is a proper noun?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Random observation, Erin posted the kids making pictures for the Christmas party and Carson has beautiful handwriting for a kid his age. He seems to be quite talented in art and music, however I noticed he has a pretty serious speech impediment. Why are they not addressing this? I'm assuming the family is on Medicaid, so wouldn't that sort of thing be covered? The reason I mentioned it is because he's had it for quite some time and it doesn't seem to be improving. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

At Carson's age, the public school system would be responsible for speech therapy if only his parents would use the service.

But but but he might see someone with green hair! 

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

At Carson's age, the public school system would be responsible for speech therapy if only his parents would use the service.

Even so, the public school system provides these sorts of services to otherwise homeschooled kids all the time.  If only they weren't so ignorant, they could contact their local school system and get Carson evaluated and into services.  Yes, he might have to enter a school building for speech therapy once or twice a week, but then they can take him home and teach him about bankruptcy right afterwards.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Even so, the public school system provides these sorts of services to otherwise homeschooled kids all the time.  If only they weren't so ignorant, they could contact their local school system and get Carson evaluated and into services.  Yes, he might have to enter a school building for speech therapy once or twice a week, but then they can take him home and teach him about bankruptcy right afterwards.

With his lovely handwriting he is probably doing scripture cards or whatever Bible related thing C&E are pushing these days. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Erin's sister Addie is hearing impaired. She was fitted with hearing aids when she was younger but "didn't like them", so she stopping wearing them. They just ignored the problem until a few years ago, when she once again got hearing aids. I'm guessing she became self-conscious about her poor speech.

I have no hope Erin, Jessa or Joy will do what it takes to provide their kids with the proper supports.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
On 12/8/2022 at 1:18 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

How do they think they can "help a church?" Neither of them have any sort of training. Not that the pastor of an IFB church does either, which begs the question, what's wrong with the church? Is Chad going to actually step in and be the pastor? How else can they help? 

Erin could certainly be at least a pianist for services or create a music program of some sort.  Her degree from Crown would be more than enough of a credential for the church to use her for that.  And Chad will probably be doing maintenance work possibly in exchange for help with the rent on their house.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
50 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Erin could certainly be at least a pianist for services or create a music program of some sort.  Her degree from Crown would be more than enough of a credential for the church to use her for that.  And Chad will probably be doing maintenance work possibly in exchange for help with the rent on their house.

But that's seemingly what they're doing now. If Erin is not the pianist at their current church, they must have someone extremely talented (they don't go to Gil's church). And look at all the improvements Chad has made to that little house. 

I just don't see the point.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But that's seemingly what they're doing now. If Erin is not the pianist at their current church, they must have someone extremely talented (they don't go to Gil's church). And look at all the improvements Chad has made to that little house. 

I just don't see the point.

It wouldn't surprise me if the scenario Salacious Kitty laid out is accurate, and you're also correct that there's no point. However this is Chad and Erin we're talking about, and non-sensical decisions are so on brand.

It's one thing to trade work for rent reductions when you're starting out, but a bit pathetic when you're still doing it in your mid-30s with five kids. Is this really how the Paines want to spend the rest of their lives? Relying on the good graces of church friends to keep a roof over their heads? Improving other people's homes while building zero investment or equity in their own? 

The crazy thing is, it's not like Chad is lazy or unskilled. He could've gotten a contractor's license years ago and done quite well for himself. I know Erin's health issues took a toll, but nobody forced them to have a passel of children. They could've stopped at two or three like normal people do. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

I wonder if Erin takes her tradwife "values" to such an extent that even working for their church in music is not allowed. Or maybe their church hired a pianist who doesn't pound on the keys like she's punishing them. 

19 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I wonder if Erin takes her tradwife "values" to such an extent that even working for their church in music is not allowed. Or maybe their church hired a pianist who doesn't pound on the keys like she's punishing them. 

She teaches piano, so she's making money off her talents. I don't think she would have any problem with being the church pianist, especially if they are supposedly "helping" them.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just wondering, how many of those vests do Kelly and Erin have? It seems like Kelly has one in every color, and Erin isn't far behind.

Just noticed this too. It’s not like it’s a flattering look on either one of them. Erin is in the denim skirt like KJ usually is too. 

• Like 5

Just saw on YouTube their most recent post. Erin admits she is struggling with leaving her family and the only home she’s ever known. But they may only stay for a couple years in Florida and then go home again. So clearly she considers Tennessee home. Not sure how she will adjust to Florida feeling this way. But Paine Construction is moving to Florida. I wonder if Chad will insist on staying in Florida if Erin is miserable.

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

From the outside they do look like a nice little family.

image.thumb.png.34e396856fbd8d76fa1935a9a2f86118.png

Holy crap, does IV look like III. 

They look happy -- happier than a lot of fundie families, and the kids look clean and fed. 

• Like 9
On 12/1/2022 at 6:59 AM, BitterApple said:

It's definitely them. Interesting that they don't seem to have had children. I wonder if that's by design or it just never worked out. 

Isn’t he an anal rapist?  Hard to make children that way. 

• Sad 3
On 12/17/2022 at 8:59 PM, ozziemom said:

Just saw on YouTube their most recent post. Erin admits she is struggling with leaving her family and the only home she’s ever known. But they may only stay for a couple years in Florida and then go home again. So clearly she considers Tennessee home. Not sure how she will adjust to Florida feeling this way. But Paine Construction is moving to Florida. I wonder if Chad will insist on staying in Florida if Erin is miserable.

I'm really surprised she agreed to move. I didn't think she'd ever leave Tennessee. They were suppose to move to Oklahoma when they first got married but Erin didn't want to leave and Chad gave in. It'll be interesting to see how long they stay in Florida.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Erin and Chad are leaving for FL tomorrow morning. The house is almost totally packed. Chad, the very gracious renter, repainted the rooms. Erin did not mention the farm animals though. 

Unless they stop to split the trip in half, they'll be in their new home tomorrow night.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

How is it that Chad and Erin can "help a church" in Florida? How will they be doing that? She should have elaborated on this during their YouTube. The weather is nice here in Florida NOW, but wait until the heat, humidity and bugs make their appearance in May. Erin will need a steady supply of barrettes and rubber bands for keeping her hair off of her neck. A wardrobe change would be also necessary for her and the children. She will be sweating profusely. I wish them well in the DeLand area; not sure what's up there; about an hour away from me.

• Like 9

No one is clear what they are going to do to "help a church." I questioned that immediately after seeing their moving video. 

Erin played piano at their church in TN, so I assume she will do so at the new place. Who knows what Chad will do? Anyone can lead Bible study. And I wouldn't want to go to his. He and Erin are insufferably self-righteous. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Missed a word oops!
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Nice to see Erin getting some support as she leaves Tenn for the first time in life. She posted IGs today with Trace/Lydia, Warden, Bobby/Tori, and Gil at the house loading the truck and/or patching/painting the walls pre-move. Brandon/Michael are still in Michigan with his family and M had listed out a whole bunch of things they did to celebrate/say goodbye before leaving. Josie is good w Erin but I don’t think the Balkas are the pitch in and help type - maybe she’ll stop by just to say bye before the truck leaves tomorrow. And Carlin and Whit yeah they will make no mention of Erin leaving. Though I’d hope Z at least says bye/is allowed to say bye to his sister - as I never sensed he has issues with Erin though I guess it depends on whether he wants to piss off his wife; though an adult man should be able to stop by his sisters house for 20 min whether his wife approves or not.

• Like 9

So I was looking at Erin's reels today, and she's storing all the kids' winter clothes in plastic tubs. All I can think is, I wonder how that will play out in Florida heat and humidity? It doesn't look like her house has enough storage to keep huge bins inside where there's (presumably) A.C. If she's keeping them in a garage or shed, they may not last long. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

So I was looking at Erin's reels today, and she's storing all the kids' winter clothes in plastic tubs. All I can think is, I wonder how that will play out in Florida heat and humidity? It doesn't look like her house has enough storage to keep huge bins inside where there's (presumably) A.C. If she's keeping them in a garage or shed, they may not last long. 

I guess someone will clue her in or she will be in for a "rude surprise" when she opens them!

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Yuck. All I can think is mold and bugs, plus rodents. Plastic tubs are not rodent-proof. My former neighbor could testify to that -- she stored kids' clothes in plastic tubs in their shed, and lost them all to the mouse population. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1

As a Florida resident I can verify everything said about storing clothes in plastic tubs is true. Stuff gets mold and mildew very quickly. I’ve had sneakers fall apart that were left in the unairconditioned garage. Florida humidity is unlike other places. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I agree totally about storing clothes, etc in the garage. I hope Erin hears about this and stores their winter clothing up on the shelf of their bedroom closets, climate controlled; in an air conditioned space. Living in Florida takes some adjustment to our climate here. I'll say again, someone needs to give her a barrette to pile up that hair off of her neck come May. I  hope she takes a page from Alyssa's book and dresses her daughters properly for hot, humid, long summers. Hey, Alyssa, give your sister a call and show her the ropes.

• Like 7

Erin's new house has to have more storge space than that tiny house they moved from. Maybe she needs to get Chad the carpenter to start putting together dressers and chests to store the clothes. He can put shelves in closets and she can store the bins on the shelves. if they are warm enough now to dress in summer clothes she has no idea what is headed her way starting in April.

• Like 10

I just watched Erin's latest YouTube video about the move and wow, she does not seem happy about it at all. I would expect anyone to get emotional leaving the house they've raised their family in, but the way Erin was crying and carrying on felt off. When they did the final walk-through and reminisced, it felt like Erin was stalling and Chad had to give her a pep talk to get her off the front porch. I was also a little surprised when they arrived, because the majority of the house wasn't painted or finished. IIRC, Erin said Chad was going to make trips down there before the move to get the cosmetic stuff done, but I guess life got in the way and that didn't happen. 

Hopefully things work out in Florida because I don't know what their options are otherwise. There's only so many "sweet friends" with houses to lend. 

• Like 11

I'm guessing this is the first time Erin will be consistently alone with her kids. I've never believed she sits at home every day flitting around like the perfect mom and housewife. I think she spent a lot of time at her parents' house, a lot of time with Tori and a lot of time with Michaela and the younger sisters. I also think Chad puts a lot of time and effort into the family and is a very hands on dad, which he may not be able to do, depending on what his new job is.

These Fundy women are raised to be so dependent on others for everything. Soon Erin may go from looking like June Cleaver to looking more like Mama Walton.

• Like 9
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

...I was also a little surprised when they arrived, because the majority of the house wasn't painted or finished. IIRC, Erin said Chad was going to make trips down there before the move to get the cosmetic stuff done, but I guess life got in the way and that didn't happen. 

They painted the house they were living in and had Trace and Lydia helping them finish up the day before they left. I suppose they got free rent for the last month or two in exchange. The landlord probably knew he could count on Chad to do a good job.

46 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

They painted the house they were living in and had Trace and Lydia helping them finish up the day before they left. I suppose they got free rent for the last month or two in exchange. The landlord probably knew he could count on Chad to do a good job.

Why would a landlord, even a sweet friend landlord, give 2 months free to their tenants in exchange for fixing up the wear and tear they caused?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Why would a landlord, even a sweet friend landlord, give 2 months free to their tenants in exchange for fixing up the wear and tear they caused?

Because he needs a fresh paint job on the house to rent it and painters aren't cheap. Normal wear and tear is expected in an occupied residence.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1