Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

Erin and Chad address why they haven't moved:

https://youtu.be/berx12zKd2Q

For those who don't want to give them clicks, I'll summarize:

The house they had lined up fell through. Chad didn't say specifically why, but did note they had a firm moving date and people (presumably the Bates boys) lined up to help when they found out they weren't getting the house.

Erin reiterates their need for a place with land, but here's where it gets interesting. She says they're looking at places around 45 minutes north of Orlando, but the town they mentioned in their announcement video was super rural and six hours away from Alyssa. Not sure what this all means, but I highly doubt they'll find acreage in a major tourist area that they can afford. My spidey senses tell me this move is never happening.

They're also taking a break from YouTube because they don't want to put out content that isn't "intentional." I can kind of respect that. I'd much rather follow someone who does fewer videos, but with more purpose than someone who puts mundane crap out every week (cough, cough, Alyssa, Lawson, Katie). 

Eta: Oops! I rewatched and realized I misheard. Erin said "We're looking in DeLand," not looking for land. People on Reddit familiar with the town said it's kind of ratchet. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3

That Video was a whole bunch of nothing. The house fell through... no details? did it burn down or did they get outbid.   I am not sure how they make any money on a unlicensed construction company that is now out of business and those prayer index cards...I always wondered why they paid rent in that cracker box for 9 years and never tried to upgrade by purchasing.  If they did that, they would at least have property and a home to sell to help pay for the new digs.   

Not sure what the word 'intentional' meant. What is 'Intentional Content'?  Can there be Unintentional Content?   The most confusing part was how Erin says family is everything. Well, they why are they choosing to move away from her family, which has been her whole life.  In regard to her and Tori being Besties? did we ever see that on the show. It was Tori and Carlin who were joined at the hip.  

• Like 5

With regards to the LLC, it is my understanding that that does not translate to him being a licensed contractor. You form an LLC for tax purposes.  To be a licensed contractor he would have to pass a test given by his state's board of contractors.

If you google Kelton's company, he mentions LICENSED PLUMBERS multiple times.  He also has his state license number listed on the site.

As far as the move goes, who knows.  I would guess the only places they can afford are in very sketchy areas.  I don't know if they don't believe in mortgages, or if they can't qualify for one.  Wonder how much they actually have managed to save over the course of their marriage.

• Useful 3

I watched that YouTube. Wow, Erin was clearly disappointed and not happy with their plans falling through. Her facial expressions showed up in the video. Deland is a small town in Volusia County. Not much to do there, really. I looked at housing prices, purchases and rentals...I think it's out of their price range. I highly doubt that they are paying $2200.00 per month for rent in the "honeymoon cottage". Chad seems to be a bit clueless where money is concerned. I doubt there will be a house with lots of land for rent there. Mostly housing with property is listed for sale. Maybe they will get lucky but I highly doubt they will be able to afford such a move. They had better hopes of renting a mobile home in Brooksville on an acre of land. Having lived right close to Brooksville for 19 years, I am familiar with it. They should look in Hernando county or in Citrus county,

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Does “ratchet” mean rural and affordable? Or does it mean sad & depressed?

Meaning not a good area. Stats show higher crime rates than most towns/cities in FL.

22 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

Not sure what the word 'intentional' meant. What is 'Intentional Content'?  

Erin said she wants her videos to have a specific focus (cooking, cleaning, organizing, etc.) Chad said they don't want to film random stuff for the sake of putting content out there. 

I wonder if they even signed a formal lease? Here's one possible theory: Chad was offered discount housing in exchange for being a church maintenance guy. Maybe with rising gas prices and inflation, the person who owned the house couldn't afford to give it to the Paines at a cut rate and needed to rent it out at market value. Not having a formal contract could explain why things fell apart at the last minute, and also why Chad and Erin had no recourse. 

IMO, they're incredibly flighty when it comes to business and money matters. They're way too reliant on "God will work it out" and don't plan logically or carefully. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Erin and Chad have income just waiting to jump into their bank. Erin and Chad, or Erin and Tori even, could jump on the influencer train. Carlin, Josie and Whitney really aren't using their Fundiness to do their shilling - Erin can. The conservative niche is just waiting for her.

Then they could afford a house with a least three bedrooms.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Erin and Chad have income just waiting to jump into their bank. Erin and Chad, or Erin and Tori even, could jump on the influencer train. 

You're right, the only problem is Erin painted herself into a major corner. She made a huge deal about how she doesn't do sponsored posts or paid ads. She wants to use social media for encouraging others and spreading God's word, blah, blah, blah, and she's said so more than once. If she caves, she'll look like a hypocrite, however, maybe financial pressures will force her to rethink her stance. Trace now has all of Chad's clients so who knows what they're doing for income. I can't imagine prayer cards will keep a family of seven afloat. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

Do these people understand that if they do not purchase a house until they can pay cash they will most likey never own a home. So they will end up elderly with a pile of rent receipts and not owning a home. The smart thing to do is to get a mortgage, buy a house, pay it off early and have somehing to fall back on in their old age. Erin's family had a house built and given to them by TLC and the Dugggars. This will not happen fpr the Paines. 

I have a feeling that the job and free house fell through and now they are stuck in the cottage with 5 kids in one bedroom. I think they are the dumbest of the Bates.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

You're right, the only problem is Erin painted herself into a major corner. She made a huge deal about how she doesn't do sponsored posts or paid ads. She wants to use social media for encouraging others and spreading God's word, blah, blah, blah, and she's said so more than once. If she caves, she'll look like a hypocrite, however, maybe financial pressures will force her to rethink her stance. Trace now has all of Chad's clients so who knows what they're doing for income. I can't imagine prayer cards will keep a family of seven afloat. 

I have to give her credit for not wanting to post disingenuous ads trying to get people to spend money they probably don’t have, or exploiting her kids (more than she already does, lol). 

23 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Do these people understand that if they do not purchase a house until they can pay cash they will most likey never own a home. So they will end up elderly with a pile of rent receipts and not owning a home. The smart thing to do is to get a mortgage, buy a house, pay it off early and have somehing to fall back on in their old age. Erin's family had a house built and given to them by TLC and the Dugggars. This will not happen fpr the Paines. 

I have a feeling that the job and free house fell through and now they are stuck in the cottage with 5 kids in one bedroom. I think they are the dumbest of the Bates.

This is very common these days. More than 1/2 of Americans live paycheck to paycheck right now. I’ve never been able to afford a house , and I don’t have kids. It’s not something that’s possible for everyone.i do judge them for having a bunch of kids they can’t afford. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 7
  • Love 9

I handle social media for my company and being intentional is a huge part of social media strategy, so I respect that. You want to have a reason for putting things out there to your audience. Surprises me a little that they said that, but hey, I’ll give them credit for it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I have to give her credit for not wanting to post disingenuous ads trying to get people to spend money they probably don’t have, or exploiting her kids (more than she already does, lol). 

This is very common these days. More than 1/2 of Americans live paycheck to paycheck right now. I’ve never been able to afford a house , and I don’t have kids. It’s not something that’s possible for everyone.i do judge them for having a bunch of kids they can’t afford. 

And animals. 

• Like 3

Someone claiming to be a Bates adjacent is spilling some tea over on Reddit. Take with a grain of salt, obviously:

The house apparently fell through two months ago. Chad's Pastor friend helped secure it, but the owner decided to take advantage of the market and sell. Kelly asked Erin if maybe this was a sign that they aren't supposed to move, but Erin said they still want to go.

The Pastor friend encouraged them to move. Chad never technically gave Trace his business. The plan was to bring Paine Construction to Florida while Trace started his own gig. Also, they intended to live in DeLand the whole time. That's where the Pastor friend and church are located. She's not sure where people got the idea that they were moving in with or close to Chad's grandfather. Chad is going to help him fix up his place, though. 

That's about it. The part about the house, I can believe. The entire summer went by without Chad and Erin packing a box, so they must've known early on it was a no-go. Not sure why it took them so long to address it, unless they figured they'd have another place lined up before their moving date and it didn't work out. 

Personally I don't think this move is ever happening. Not only are their housing options limited, how are they going to afford going back to FL to look? What's worse, is now Chad is competing against Trace for clients. There's only so many church friends who can afford remodeling during a recession. No wonder Chad looks stressed out and pissed. 

• Useful 4
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Erin and Chad have income just waiting to jump into their bank. Erin and Chad, or Erin and Tori even, could jump on the influencer train. Carlin, Josie and Whitney really aren't using their Fundiness to do their shilling - Erin can. The conservative niche is just waiting for her.

Then they could afford a house with a least three bedrooms.

I have been following a real estate guy on youtube..actually several of them , about the market across the country..each influencer has a different style of presenting..the ones that make these cutesy videos ---I do not likey it disrupts my flow of being able to follow what they are saying...its too much like " a mini show"....what I have been liking is seeing people just talk to the camera, taking a walk, pointing out scenery or people cooking and just talking to you...and my point....all these bates and even their fundy friends could have  a big big following if they would just " be themselves" let us in for the day or the dinner or the event...and be real...oh but there is the catch...the lives they live are not real..they are fabricated to meet the criteria of whatever they believe they need to be. The one I most like to watch is Josie...

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

I have been following a real estate guy on youtube..actually several of them , about the market across the country..each influencer has a different style of presenting..the ones that make these cutesy videos ---I do not likey it disrupts my flow of being able to follow what they are saying...its too much like " a mini show"....what I have been liking is seeing people just talk to the camera, taking a walk, pointing out scenery or people cooking and just talking to you...and my point....all these bates and even their fundy friends could have  a big big following if they would just " be themselves" let us in for the day or the dinner or the event...and be real...oh but there is the catch...the lives they live are not real..they are fabricated to meet the criteria of whatever they believe they need to be. The one I most like to watch is Josie...

I agree. That's what was appealing about the Bates' and Duggar's shows in the beginning, before they (like all these family reality shows) started filming only 'events'.

To me, a boring day-in-the-life-of, is more interesting than the over animated bullshit.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I do wonder about his business now. How many Bates men can work in the same field competing against one another?

This has the potential to become another BSB fiasco resulting in some sibling estrangement. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Reminds me of a family in my home town. A pair of brothers started a lumber/forestry business and did very well and they were one of the most affluent families in town. It was still enough to support their kids when they grew up. But then that generation started marrying and having families and there they all were, trying to live off the family business. It collapsed under the weight and the “kids” (my parents’ generation) had to go out and fend for themselves. Caused a lot of fighting and bad blood, too. Most had to move away to find jobs since with one exception, they were all only trained in that line of work.

Diversification is good.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

This has the potential to become another BSB fiasco resulting in some sibling estrangement. 

Oh, definitely. Several Redditers mentioned how stressed Chad looked in the video and wondered what he was going to do as far as his business. The adjacent said Chad made Trace and Warden leave on his terms, so if they have his clients now, it is what it is. I thought her wording was rather interesting, like maybe things didn't end on the smoothest note. It's all speculation of course, but Erin had a messy break-up with the Boutique, so I could see things getting ugly with Paine Construction. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

I prefer the ones when they just talk to the camera too. They all easily could do real well that way. 

48 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I can believe this. I'm sure the old homeowner got top dollar for the house Chad had lined up. I do wonder about his business now. How many Bates men can work in the same field competing against one another?

So do I. I don't blame the homeowner for backing out if the market is doing that well. I wish I had waited a couple years to sell my condo because it's so out of control here. Most people are able to get so much more above the asking price.  An old friend has been trying to move back but can't because prices are so out of control and places are going fast.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The adjacent said Chad made Trace and Warden leave on his terms, so if they have his clients now, it is what it is. I thought her wording was rather interesting, like maybe things didn't end on the smoothest note. 

Made them 👀? Interesting indeed.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

E&C only announced they were moving 2 months ago, so did they lose the house shortly after?

If what that person claims is true, it sounds like it. Chad and Erin announced the move May 19th. Maybe they had the house tentatively lined up but the owner decided to sell before they could formalize everything. Chad came off a little angry, like everything happened last minute but I don't see how that could be the case. None of their social media posts in June, July or August showed signs of a house being readied for a move. No packing, no cleaning out closets, no yard sale, no reference to FL, etc. 

I think Chad and Erin were desperate not to come off as impulsive flakes, so they scrambled to find another place. Only that didn't work out, because what landlord is gonna look at a guy with no steady job, five kids and a menagerie of farm animals and think, "Bingo! Dream tenant!." They kept mum about it until they finally had to address the elephant in the room. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I know the Lord was leading them blah blah but did they not ever realize that house sales CAN and DO fall through all the time??

They have a TON of limiting factors when it comes to real estate. Given that they've said they'll only buy in cash, they can only pay so much. Seller may have agreed in principal on said amount and then oh look a higher offer comes along bc someone else will take a mortgage -- are they really gonna take a 20k or 50k or whatever loss to do a favor for some strangers from Tenn just bc they're Christian??

And looking at Deland, a LOT of the housing there is new construction/newish construction - much like what Alyssa has. No way the Paines can afford those as they are in the 300-400k range. What they can afford in up to 200k [assuming they even have that much and I highly doubt it], is a LOT like what they have now, 2 bed [though mostly 2 bath which they could use], 1000 sqft - much like what Lawson has in Nashville. Though Lawson at least has some land which these fools need for their zoo, yet these small homes in Deland are in regular subdivisions where you can't keep your sheep, goat, chickens, pigs etc.

And even if they were to change their mind re mortgages [which I can't see bc Chad is a TRUE fundie who refuses to "sell out" -- see their housing situation, making his wife quit a business where she could've brought home some $], they won't get a mortgage esp. now. Credit has gotten way tighter - Chad doesn't hold a W2 job with stable income, and would be moving to a new place to start a business with no track record of making any money in Fla. What lender will touch that?

What the heck was the rush to transition the business away? What Trace and the younger brothers were SOOOO marketable that they gave him an ultimatum that he had to close down shop? Give me a break. I realize he didn't sell his business but by cutting Trace and co. loose, obv Trace with a wedding looming started the same business for himself. Great except they are ALL competing for kitchen or bathroom or flooring jobs from the same group of sweet friends from church. In case no one has noticed, we're in a growth slowdown/recession, day to day cost of living is up, and there is no more fiscal stimulus money -- people are going to live with their ugly flooring rather than drop 1k+ to make it prettier bc that 1k is now needed for food, gas, and rising electric bills. The people who use unlicensed hobbyist contractors are sweet friends who are tight on cash. The people who still have cash rolling bc their stock portfolio throws off an extra 50k/yr in dividends don't exactly move in Chad's circles + they don't need to cut costs by hiring unlicensed teams of brothers and brothers in law to finish the basement or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If what that person claims is true, it sounds like it. Chad and Erin announced the move May 19th. Maybe they had the house tentatively lined up but the owner decided to sell before they could formalize everything. Chad came off a little angry, like everything happened last minute but I don't see how that could be the case. None of their social media posts in June, July or August showed signs of a house being readied for a move. No packing, no cleaning out closets, no yard sale, no reference to FL, etc. 

I think Chad and Erin were desperate not to come off as impulsive flakes, so they scrambled to find another place. Only that didn't work out, because what landlord is gonna look at a guy with no steady job, five kids and a menagerie of farm animals and think, "Bingo! Dream tenant!." They kept mum about it until they finally had to address the elephant in the room. 

And a wife who doesn’t work, either. Maybe it’s time?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

And a wife who doesn’t work, either. Maybe it’s time?

That's not going to happen.  She's a "full time mother" don't you know?  Dumping You Tube right now while they seem to be in a bit of a financial bind is not the smartest decision.  Sure, it won't bring in enough to support the family, but every little bit helps.  I believe she also used to give piano lessons, but it has been a long time since that was mentioned. I can't imagine the prayer cards turn much of a profit.  That's a niche market if there ever was one.

These two are poster children for bad financial planning.  Add the total adherence to "trusting God's plan", and it's amazing they haven't run into trouble before now.

What exactly is the point of their mini zoo?  Do they sell the pigs or just want to keep an unending supply of cute little piglets for photo ops?  They have pigs, goats, bunnies, possibly cats and I think their dog is still roaming around.  That's a lot of mouths to feed, even if they forgo vet visits.  I had one small Westie and I estimate it cost us about $1000 a year to feed him and keep him healthy.  

And while we are at it, let's buy an old camper that is too small for our family and renovate it!  Of course we have never seen any evidence of it again after the unveiling on YouTube.  It's possible they sold it for a profit and kept that to themselves.

Of course there is the elephant in the room- medical debt.  Not sure what they do as far as insurance is concerned, but I am guessing any medical coverage ended when Chad went into business for himself.  I can't remember when that happened and how many births were covered, but add the whole long Covid/ovary removal saga and possible fertility treatments to aid in the miracle conception of Everly, and I imagine they could owe a substantial amount.

They always claimed that they got a reduction in rent for any renovations Chad did, but I have to wonder if that actually covered the total cost of materials he bought.  Somehow I am guessing no. Then there is the flower garden.  If they are perennials, that's one thing, but if they are annuals there is an expensive trip to the nursery every spring.

Also wonder if they tithe 10 percent of their already stretched income?

Is it any wonder they never had enough to buy their own place whether they were intending to pay cash or were continually denied a mortgage?  

Despite her continued devotion to "the simple life" they are a fundy example of champagne tastes on a beer budget. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

These two are poster children for bad financial planning.  Add the total adherence to "trusting God's plan", and it's amazing they haven't run into trouble before now.

What exactly is the point of their mini zoo?  Do they sell the pigs or just keep want to keep an unending supply of cute little piglets for photo ops?  They have pigs, goats, bunnies, possibly cats and I think their dog is still roaming around.  That's a lot of mouths to feed, even if they forgo vet visits.  I had one small Westie and I estimate it cost us about $1000 a year to feed him and keep him healthy.  

And while we are at it, let's buy an old camper that is too small for our family and renovate it!  Of course we have never seen any evidence of it again after the unveiling on YouTube.  It's possible they sold it for a profit and kept that to themselves.

Of course there is the elephant in the room- medical debt.  Not sure what they do as far as insurance is concerned, but I am guessing any medical coverage ended when Chad went into business for himself.  I can't remember when that happened and how many births were covered, but add the whole long Covid/ovary removal saga and possible fertility treatments to aid in the miracle conception of Everly, and I imagine they owe a substantial amount.

To be fair, we don’t know if they have been or probably still are in a financial hole. As you noted all the health care issues can add up to insurmountable debt. People have been forced to file for bankruptcy for less. 

I don’t see them ever admitting to less than stellar financial planning. Fundies are obsessed with reminding us heathens that they are debt free. 

Does anyone know what Prince Chad did for a living before marrying Princess Erin?

• Like 3

There is no shame in a purchase/rental falling through. They posted way too soon about this move to Florida and waited way too long to address things when they obviously were not happening. I agree that the Paine Zoo needs to go. This will save them a lot of money every month. How are they going to transport these animals to Florida or wherever they move, if ever they move? This will also cost. It's a long drive from Tennessee to Central Florida especially when livestock are involved. These two have no common sense. There are some great comments above here and I enjoy reading all of your comments and opinions; thank you all for them.

• Like 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

There is no shame in a purchase/rental falling through. They posted way too soon about this move to Florida and waited way too long to address things when they obviously were not happening. I agree that the Paine Zoo needs to go.

Agreed. Keep the dog, get rid of everything else. I wonder why Chad and Erin even want to move at this point. Florida is more expensive, and if they're stricter about contractor's licenses, it doesn't sound like Chad's earning prospects are any better. It's not like the guy is lazy or untalented. He should get a job with a construction outfit in TN. At least that way he'd be issued paychecks and show a track record of steady income. He could go to work and come home without the added stress of running a business (which he's clearly not good at). It's great to have faith and convictions and all that, but it's not un-Biblical to evolve so your family can thrive. Not everyone is meant to be self-employed.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Even though E&C have said they've given up Gothard, they still seem to be knee deep in the Gothard ways.

Erin's statement denounced Gothard the man, not his twisted cult. It was subtle, and a lot of people missed the differentiation.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

Even if not construction, Chad should get SOME job, preferably one with health insurance. He has five children and a SAHM to support, not to mention the animals and expensive tastes. He no longer has a choice in the matter. 

The whole "I'm so special, I am self-employed" thing is just BS. It reminds me of my uncle, who quit or was fired from multiple decent jobs because he could never get along with anybody. He was a failure at everything until he accidentally stumbled into a contracting job he could do alone, and he's a bible-thumper, too. I can see fundies like Chad being so self-righteous that nobody at a regular job wants to deal with them. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Even if not construction, Chad should get SOME job, preferably one with health insurance. He has five children and a SAHM to support, not to mention the animals and expensive tastes. He no longer has a choice in the matter. 

The whole "I'm so special, I am self-employed" thing is just BS. It reminds me of my uncle, who quit or was fired from multiple decent jobs because he could never get along with anybody. He was a failure at everything until he accidentally stumbled into a contracting job he could do alone, and he's a bible-thumper, too. I can see fundies like Chad being so self-righteous that nobody at a regular job wants to deal with them. 

I may be misrembering, but I am petty sure that the Paine Construction tee shirts had either a bible verse or a citation for one. Would be even work for a godless heathen?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I may be misrembering, but I am petty sure that the Paine Construction tee shirts had either a bible verse or a citation for one. Would be even work for a godless heathen?

There's always Bigot Bird, aka Chick Fil A. Or Hobby Lobby. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Erin's statement denounced Gothard the man, not his twisted cult. It was subtle, and a lot of people missed the differentiation.

Yeah, it came out just after Gothard was removed from the board. So technically they weren't following him because he had been kicked out. But he was kicked out by her dad, his dad and whoever was and still is on the board.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

There's always Bigot Bird, aka Chick Fil A. Or Hobby Lobby. 

To be honest I don’t think working full time at either of those business would pay enough to support a family of 7 plus a small menagerie.  Maybe a manager position, but you can’t just waltz in with no experience and snag that job.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

To be honest I don’t think working full time at either of those business would pay enough to support a family of 7 plus a small menagerie.  Maybe a manager position, but you can’t just waltz in with no experience and snag that job.

Does their area have a lot of job openings? I think @BitterApple had the best idea. Get a job in construction. The work and paychecks will be steady. He should be able to make good money to support his family and have some savings or have more money to blow.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I can believe this. I'm sure the old homeowner got top dollar for the house Chad had lined up. I do wonder about his business now. How many Bates men can work in the same field competing against one another?

If you watch any of Carlin's You Tube videos about their new house.  I believe some of the brothers helped there. But I think it was a ceiling job, and Evan made the comment that he was  hiring someone else from the church for the job, because he came in cheaper.  So the Bates are not the only ones in the church in that field.

Before Warden, Jackson and Trace working for Paine Construction, Chad seemed to do most of the work himself.  It will  be interesting if hires someone now. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

If you watch any of Carlin's You Tube videos about their new house.  I believe some of the brothers helped there. But I think it was a ceiling job, and Evan made the comment that he was  hiring someone else from the church for the job, because he came in cheaper.  So the Bates are not the only ones in the church in that field.

Before Warden, Jackson and Trace working for Paine Construction, Chad seemed to do most of the work himself.  It will  be interesting if hires someone now. 

My post was strictly about all the Bateses and adjacents in construction. I didn't want to muddy up the topic by adding in others also in the field. I was essentially pitting Chad vs. the Bateses.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

It was a joke. Almost nothing Chad can do without training and licensing will adequately support his family and zoo. But he needs to get A JOB somewhere rather than think that social media and his wife's craft project will support them all. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yup, he's an MD. Or WAS. Now he sits on the board of IBLP with Gil Bates. 

I did a little research on him a while back.  He did get an MD degree and then started, but never finished a residency in internal medicine or family medicine, I forget which.  When he left the residency, he never went into private practice, probably, at least in part, because hospitals won't give privileges to docs who haven't finished and are at least eligible to take board exams in their specialty.  Chad's father worked in a prison as a prison doc which is a fairly popular option for people who don't finish their residency.  BTW, the most common reason a doctor doesn't complete specialty training is because they have been asked to leave the residency/their contract was not renewed.  That is almost always because that person is not a very good doctor.

• Like 3
  • Useful 10

The Bates adjacent commented on Reddit that Erin and Chad have found a house in Port Orange, FL but don't have a moving date yet. 

Again, this is third-hand gossip (her friend is allegedly friends with Kelly), so make of it what you will. I googled some rental listings in the area and crappy places are minimum $1800/mo. Nice places are way out of their price range. Not sure how they'd swing it unless a church friend has a run-down property he'll rent cheap in exchange for improvements. 

I'm curious to see if this turns out to be true. I imagine Chad and Erin won't announce anything until they're right about to move. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1