Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Erin, Chad and FInley visit Florida and post a pic of them with Alyssa and Lurch.  Alyssa can't be bothered to post anything.  I find her to be such a bitch.  

Lol, right? Alyssa can post her six hundred daily cups of coffee but can't acknowledge Erin coming into town? I'm guessing Erin didn't clean her house or repave her driveway so she didn't warrant a mention 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, right? Alyssa can post her six hundred daily cups of coffee but can't acknowledge Erin coming into town? I'm guessing Erin didn't clean her house or repave her driveway so she didn't warrant a mention 🙄

Right!  And also probably pissed that Chad didn't build them something. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/27/2022 at 12:36 PM, Dehumidifier said:

Why do people post that they are away from home? To give burglars a target? 

What are the Paines doing in FL? I couldn’t find a picture with Alyssa on Erin’s IG.

(edited)

I recall when the oldest Duggar girls, in typical Duggar tacky fashion, put together a gift basket making fun of Erin’s inability to cook. I think it even included a fire extinguisher. Erin was mortified but has shown that success is the best revenge, she has come such a long way with her cooking, and obviously baking as well. Meanwhile the jokesters can’t cook worth jack. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 15

Erin's latest YouTube video featuring the camper renovation:

https://youtu.be/3BaUfkPL-kM

Hats off to Chad, because it came out gorgeous. The chevron-patterned table is stunning. Apparently they bought the camper off marketplace for $1600. I'm sure they had to spend a pretty penny on materials, but for a family of seven it's not a bad investment. Erin admitted they'll be a little cramped, but I assume as the kids get older they can sleep outside in tents. 

Finley is an adorable, chubby baby, but I can't figure out who she looks like. I don't immediately see Chad or Erin in her at first glance. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Erin's latest YouTube video featuring the camper renovation:

https://youtu.be/3BaUfkPL-kM

Hats off to Chad, because it came out gorgeous. The chevron-patterned table is stunning. Apparently they bought the camper off marketplace for $1600. I'm sure they had to spend a pretty penny on materials, but for a family of seven it's not a bad investment. Erin admitted they'll be a little cramped, but I assume as the kids get older they can sleep outside in tents. 

Finley is an adorable, chubby baby, but I can't figure out who she looks like. I don't immediately see Chad or Erin in her at first glance. 

That table top was good way to make use of leftover pieces of wood in varied sizes.

It would have been nice if Erin had let her husband finish his explanations without talking over him.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

That table top was good way to make use of leftover pieces of wood in varied sizes.

It would have been nice if Erin had let her husband finish his explanations without talking over him.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Erin wouldn't let Chad finish a sentence.

• Love 4

I do think they have their SM audience figured out though. People want to see how they make that little house work for a large family, their followers want to see her ideas on homeschooling, Chad’s woodwork and renovations, even her cooking and Bible related projects.

Even though I don’t think it’s always necessary and don’t know if it’s always that way IRL, but when she’s recording her house is neat, her children are not usually running wild unless they are playing outside, and she always looks put together though sometimes the hair and makeup is too much. They also don’t jiggle the camera around excessively or zip from one face to the next quickly. 

Yes, she does talk over Chad a lot and that might be from trying to be heard in her large family, however, at least she and Chad seem to like each other which can’t be said for some other couples I see interacting on YT and IG.

Jessa Duggar could learn a lot about making more professional looking SM posts from Erin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I was going to post the same thing, So unbelievable. Why in the world did they spend the time/effort buying a camper? These two need to be saving every penny for a larger house to live in. A camper is the last thing they need to own, IMO. With Chad being so talented at construction work, I would think the fixer upper that Lawson's fiance bought would be what they should have been doing all these years...their house would have been finished by now and they would have much more room for Erin's "ever-growing" family. A total waste of money at this stage for them, I think.

• Love 8

Chad and Erin admitted that they will not fit into the camper for long. Right now their children are very small. The 3 girls are sharing  a twin bed and the boy is on a mattress that is stored under the full bed. He did a beautiful job on the camper but why spend money fixing up a camper when you have 5 kids who will soon be sharing 1 small bedroom? I can't imagine what they were thinking when they spent money on this.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

...I can't imagine what they were thinking when they spent money on this.

From a few things Erin said I got the impression that they think the camper is an investment that they will use a few years and sell.  I'm sure the reno cost more than they anticipated. I agree, a house should be their priority. Can you rent a camper for an occasional trip?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

From a few things Erin said I got the impression that they think the camper is an investment that they will use a few years and sell.  I'm sure the reno cost more than they anticipated. I agree, a house should be their priority. Can you rent a camper for an occasional trip?

If they were smart, which we know is debatable, they would sell it now.  Or maybe after using it once over the summer.  Curious to see the posts of where they go.  

Yes, you can rent RV's and campers, but they probably don't have all the pretty pink towels and accessories that Erin added.  Some of that stuff in there is not functional.  Stuff will be off those shelves before they leave their driveway. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, So unbelievable said:

If they were smart, which we know is debatable, they would sell it now.  Or maybe after using it once over the summer.  Curious to see the posts of where they go.  

Yes, you can rent RV's and campers, but they probably don't have all the pretty pink towels and accessories that Erin added.  Some of that stuff in there is not functional.  Stuff will be off those shelves before they leave their driveway. 

This camper was not set up as a functional unit to be towed to a state park for a weekend trip away from home. It was another thing for that super duper designer Erin to showcase her talents. Any RV/camper I’ve ever been in has things secured as it only takes one bump or turn when you’re driving or towing for everything to go flying. Maybe Erin is using it as a place to get away from her fifty billionity kids and have a cup of tea in peace?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Do you guys think Chad and Erin have given up on buying a house? If Chad is still determined to purchase debt-free, I don't see how they'll ever be able to afford it. 

I’m sure they are still praying about it, lol! But unless Daddy Paine or someone helps them out, I can’t see how they will ever buy debt free in this housing market.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

There’s a video of Chad helping at Z&W’s house with Trace. Lawson is there posing with Jadon and being his usual self absorbed diva. Just a few days ago Chad and Trace were working at Lawson’s house. Chad needs to earn his worth if he’s ever going to be able to afford a house. As someone noted earlier, they should have bought property then work on it a la TTH. It’s better than working on everyone’s houses. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, SMama said:

There’s a video of Chad helping at Z&W’s house with Trace. Lawson is there posing with Jadon and being his usual self absorbed diva. Just a few days ago Chad and Trace were working at Lawson’s house. Chad needs to earn his worth if he’s ever going to be able to afford a house. As someone noted earlier, they should have bought property then work on it a la TTH. It’s better than working on everyone’s houses. 

Sigh. I like Chad but he needs to stop wasting time on Bates houses. There's no way Lawson and Zach are paying him anything close to what he'd make if a random stranger hired him to do work. I'm not sure if he has the "disease to please" and feels bad saying "no" or what, but he needs to grow a spine. He's busting his ass so Zach and Whit can enjoy their 17-acre farm while he has five kids crammed into one bedroom. In the words of Teen Mom 2's Mama Dawn, "That don't make no sense."

• Love 10

I knew a fundie woman who eschewed the idea of home ownership as it would be very difficult to be debt free. So they rented. I don't know if that kind of thinking figures into Chad and Erin's life choices. I could see it as a She Shed for Erin or a place for visitors to stay. I don't think it's big enough for camping with 5 kids, not for long anyway!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Yes they have said they will not take out debt to buy a home and only want to buy in cash. Kind of hard to do - even a cheap old home far from Knoxville will run them over six figures. All her siblings have bought and they all have mortgages - Zach/Whit took cameras to the closing at the bank; Tiff has said her parents are co-signing their loan. Even Tori/Bobby who are most like Chad/Erin ideologically likely have a mortgage as they bought a house next to Z/W in their old neighborhood; though reality there is Bobby isn't fundie, his dad is savvy with finance - so likely he's grown up w/ everyone taking mortgages. Brandon/Michaela are the other ones who likely won't take a mortgage and they rent a small home in Evan/Carlin's neighborhood - yet that works for them bc they aren't stacking 5 kids in one bedroom.

While Chad has been working for years, I doubt they are sitting on 100-200k in savings given that they've had kid after kid AND he does most of his work for Bates siblings. While I do think he charges them, I think he takes minimal/if any profit - no where near the market rate you could charge strangers. Part of me thinks though that he is constantly working for Bates siblings - including 4 hrs away in Nashville for Law's house - because he doesn't have steady business from others coming in. I mean the solution for that may be to advertise more/work for strangers more to get more word of mouth referrals. But reality is that other than "sweet friends" from church, it is likely that others if they are going to pay market rate for a contractor to build their kitchen or bathroom, they want a licensed contractor - not a random handy guy with a crew of teenage brothers in law.

Spending $1600 on a camper + at least a few hundred on materials and decor for a camper that is barely useable now when the kids are small and will become unusable as these kids grow and/or they have another kid -- yeah dumb use of money. And while it looks nice, it's impractical. Like does Erin not get that this thing moves? She really thinks it's a good idea to have a library of books for the kids sitting on a windowsill -- she doesn't think you'll have to move each book each time you drive this thing or they'll go flying??

My first thought - Carson is ~7. They struggle with the fact that their SON has to share a room with the lowly girls but also struggle with providing a home where that won't be the case. They can park that thing on their lawn and make it Carson's room/apt. starting around age 10-12. Sure they'll miss their target bc they've said a boy shouldn't have to share a room with sisters after age 8, but if they really see no long term way of buying a house, this could be a solution. And a special thing just for Carson given that he is the only son + they totally favor him for that reason.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I also wondered it they were planning on putting some of the kids in the camper as a way to solve the housing situation. But no way is it ok to put a 10-12 year old child in a camper alone even if it is parked on their lawn. I would consider that child neglect. Anything could happen, fires intruders etc. 

I don't get their idea that a mortgage is a bad thing. All they are doing now is racking up rent receipts. The smart thing to do is to find a fixer upper like Josie, Alyssa,  Zack and Lawson. Put 20 % down and pay the loan off in 15 years. Why is this a bad thing?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I have thought they could switch out the bedrooms. Give themselves the small room and maybe section off a corner of the bigger room for the precious boy and stack the girls in the rest. Maybe Chad could build bunks like in a submarine. 4 on each side 

• Love 5

In one of the videos Erin did mention that they are considering buying the house they’re in if they can figure out how to add on to it like they’d want, and that they have made offers on 3 houses but none have been accepted.

• Useful 8
22 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

In one of the videos Erin did mention that they are considering buying the house they’re in if they can figure out how to add on to it like they’d want, and that they have made offers on 3 houses but none have been accepted.

It’s not an easy time to buy a house in most markets. They may have been outbid on them.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s not an easy time to buy a house in most markets. They may have been outbid on them.

Add Carlin and Evan to the home owners list.

• Love 3

I realize that Erin’s kids are on the small size. But I still can’t see the three girls sharing that single bed. Two will fit fine, but don’t see how they can fit three comfortably. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SMama said:

I realize that Erin’s kids are on the small size. But I still can’t see the three girls sharing that single bed. Two will fit fine, but don’t see how they can fit three comfortably. 

Two at the head and one at foot feet facing the other girls’ feet?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I don't know how tall the girls are, but if they are fairly short they could lie horizonally across the bed.  More room for 3 that way.  Of course if they are taller than 39 inches it won't work.

I didn't think of that! I think their kids are smaller than average, so that might work for now. 

This was posted a few days ago, Erin's latest YouTube video. She makes bread and a few snacks, and shows her favorite cookbooks.

https://youtu.be/D34ZoaA7MDQ

I think Erin could do very well in the Christian homeschool mom niche, but does anyone know why she refuses to do paid promotions or ads? It seems like such a weird thing to be stubborn about. There's nothing morally wrong with using your platform to earn income as long as you're honest about it (cough, cough, Alyssa). Unlike Alyssa, Erin's videos are interesting and informative. She's a good cook, has a nice aesthetic and gives useful tips. She's really selling herself short by not doing sponsorships. 

• Love 3