Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Girls are wearing pants, the boys listen to mainstream country music, Josie's kids are going to Disney.

I read this and I thought immediately of "Trouble in River City" from the Music Man. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Reddit is saying they are headed to Brooksville Fla. which put them an hour+ from both Orlando and Tampa and yes 50 min from Alyssa.

While Hernando County is not an especially pricey part of Fla., the only thing they can get for 50-100k is the type of old cottage they live in now - like 700 sqft for 7 ppl. Anything even a bit bigger will be 200k+ and a house that's actually suitable for their family size - say 3 bed, is easily going to be 300k+. No way the Paines can afford a house there if they can't afford one in rural Tenn.

I honestly think all this "new church family" talk = a new church is forming/new offshoot of IBPL that's going back to the fundie roots; I think this even more given that Chad's parents are selling their home in Okla. also. As for housing/work I think one of two things has been worked out - Chad will work on building the church for the next few years and in return for that gets a piece of church land to build a house on. OR Grandpa Paine has some kind of homestead situation like Papa Bill and Chad can build a house there for free [just the cost of his own materials] and/or they're moving in with Grandpa Paine with promises that Erin and the daughters will look after him and inherit the house; Grandpa's homestead is what enables them to pick up and move with animals in tow.

And yes I do think both C&E aren't thrilled with raising their kids near girl cousins who wear pants + watch TV + will enroll in dance/sports etc. [which I'm sure Layla will and maybe Josie/Willow too] + go to Disney + generally are allowed to speak and tell stories and have sass [see Willow - not in a bad way but she's a regular toddler]; hell forget the girl cousins, their moms wear pants and work outside the home - Carlin, Josie. I have a feeling C&E's kids' lives are about to become A LOT more traditional fundie and isolated from others who are non-fundie. I mean the Paines are fundie royalty and want their kids/grandkids raised that way, not in the worldly watching TV and on social media world.

And yes I do fully expect them to pursue a shady fertility dr/clinic in Fla for a brother for Carson. There are religious/conservative and of course anti science communities in Fla. so you can find a dr. who'll tell you what you want to hear [yes have as many more babies as possible] vs. what you need to hear [uh you may not want to risk kid #6 with your various clotting issues + all the recent problems you've had].

Edited by cereality
  • Love 8

Agree 100% with you Cereality, makes a lot of sense that the elder Paine’s are involved too. I can totally see Chad seeing the way G&KJ have lost control over some of the girls and especially the grandkids. Pants! Exposed shoulders! It makes sense that Erin left BSB and started her card business. As she said in the video, she can do that anywhere. So they are going deeper in the Fundie world. Plus in Florida if there’s no Bates that need help with construction work. Also explains why Chad was not at Carlin’s new house. Was he at Lawson’s house or has it just been Trace or Warden? And where does Jackson fit in? He’s in Arkansas with one of the Duggar boys IIRC. 

Another thought, what do Chad and Erin know about why UP suddenly canceled BUB? Was that the Lord speaking to them? They mentioned the Lord sent them many messages leading them to their decision 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Honestly I think now that the few extra $$ that used to come from appearing on BUB are gone, most of G&K's kids are open to moving away and moving closer to their inlaws rather than their parents. The only ones who def stay are those couples where both have local parents - Josie/Kelton; Zach/Whit; Trace/Lydia.

I think ALL the kids realize how worthless G&K really are and even having 87 siblings locally doesn't necessarily provide that much support in that family. When times are tough, they all seem to turn to their inlaws who show up -- when Erin went thru her surgeries, Chad's mom stayed with them for weeks/months despite G&K living locally; when Carlin got meningitis after Layla's birth at the same time Layla got admitted to a children's hospital for a heart issue, Evan ran hospital to hospital alone [supposedly G&K were out of town and weren't going to fly back, but no Bates siblings stepped in to help him either] and then he finally had his parents come; and we all know how much the inlaws are helping w/ Carlin's current issue.

Chad/Erin had always said Chad was moving to Tenn. upon marriage bc Erin was still in school; then there were the series of miscarriages where he prob didn't want to push her to move esp since back then she was still close with her family; then they blinked and had 5 kids in 8 yrs so moving mid high risk pregnancies or recovery was likely never on their radar. This was prob the perfect time - being fed up with how "modern" the Bates family is getting and the influence that'll have on their kids + a fundie church opportunity + a chance at a house.

Michaela has also said before that they don't know if they'll always stay in Knox, as they moved for her nursing school which is long over. She too seems to get along well with her inlaws and honestly it may mentally be helpful to her to NOT be near the Bates baby train - as there will def be kids from the siblings that stay in town. Not that the Keilens don't have babies but not all of his siblings live in Michigan and they seem to have a reasonable 3-6 kids and move on so while she'll be around nieces/nephews, there will come a time where they will be teen/adults and it can only mentally help her to not constantly be fawning over babies.

And bestie Tori is also fairly fundie + happened to marry a man from Fla. I can see her wanting to move bc she'd miss the sister she's closest too [I have a feeling she broke the news to Tori in Ca/just after bc they randomly were gushing about each other just after returning from Ca]. Tori's inlaws don't seem as in love with her, though I question how much they know her now. She isn't the same loud annoying 21 yr old he married, as she's broken away from Carlin and settled into a quieter religious life of being a mom. And even if the inlaws don't love her, they don't necessarily have to live near the inlaws, nor does Bobby have to follow his dad's line of work [though he seems to have done well for himself working for big business employers]. Bobby wanted to be a minister except Tori freaked out after they lived "alone" in Nashville for like 9 months and ran back to Tenn; I could see them being interested if Bobby could get some kind of church position w/ whatever church the Paines are with. Otherwise he has general admin type experience now working for Kelton for like 3 yrs so it's not like he couldn't get a job doing scheduling/inventory etc. for some Fla. small business. I think it'd be hard for Bobby to leave Kelton but just bc his college bestie is from Tenn. doesn't mean he has to be there too and Kelton is 1000% pursuing the life he wants - in Knox with a business - w/ Bobby just along for the ride.

• Useful 5

They're moving to Brooksville???? Wow, I can't believe it. I have been there many times. It's quite rural; no real city life at all over there; I used to live in Inverness, Citrus County for 19 years, maybe 20 minutes away.. I can't imagine what Chad is doing for work over there; nothing really out there for him to do that I can think of. The largest area near there is Spring Hill to the very south of the county near the coast. I think she will be quite bored there no where really to go.

Now I'm in Orlando, near Sea World; closer to Alyssa. Can't believe TWO of them will be pretty near by where I am. I go to Inverness to visit my son from time to time...still drive by the old place out there. Brooksville is a place where Erin can take animals if she is on unplatted acreage out somewhere. Does anyone know Chad's grandfather's name? Where does he live in Hernando County?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, floridamom said:

They're moving to Brooksville???? Wow, I can't believe it. I have been there many times. It's quite rural; no real city life at all over there; I used to live in Inverness, Citrus County for 19 years, maybe 20 minutes away.. I can't imagine what Chad is doing for work over there; nothing really out there for him to do that I can think of. The largest area near there is Spring Hill to the very south of the county near the coast. I think she will be quite bored there no where really to go.

Now I'm in Orlando, near Sea World; closer to Alyssa. Can't believe TWO of them will be pretty near by where I am. I go to Inverness to visit my son from time to time...still drive by the old place out there. Brooksville is a place where Erin can take animals if she is on unplatted acreage out somewhere. Does anyone know Chad's grandfather's name? Where does he live in Hernando County?

Wouldn't he be Charles Stephen Paine? Since Chad is III and Carson is IV?

It's so rural that there aren't even going to be small construction jobs like Chad does now - like renovating kitchens and bathrooms. Which is why I feel like his construction work will now somehow be for the new church they're so excited for; I can see a new fundie church being built out someplace where there is nothing else.

• Love 5

I just Googled the area for the heck of it, and it looks very woodsy and swampy. I wonder how the Paines' farm animals will fare? I know there's predators in TN, but FL critters seem like they're on a different level. Hopefully Chad builds a secure set-up. 

• Love 4

FWIW the Paines don’t do much outside their property. Between homeschooling and taking care of so many animals there isn’t much time for fun activities outside their property. Now that ill advised camper is making some sense. 

• Love 3

A poster on FJ did some digging on Chad's paternal grandfather. Here's what they found: 

"Chad's paternal grandfather (Charles Steven Paine, Sr.) was President of the Wesleyan Bible Conference Association from 2006-2012. The WBCA developed and runs a "Christian retirement community" located in Brooksville called Wesleyan Village. It appears to be a combination of single family homes, apartment buildings and trailer/mobile homes. I'm guessing Chad's grandfather lives in community owned housing and that's why his name isn't on any property records."

• Useful 9
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

A poster on FJ did some digging on Chad's paternal grandfather. Here's what they found: 

"Chad's paternal grandfather (Charles Steven Paine, Sr.) was President of the Wesleyan Bible Conference Association from 2006-2012. The WBCA developed and runs a "Christian retirement community" located in Brooksville called Wesleyan Village. It appears to be a combination of single family homes, apartment buildings and trailer/mobile homes. I'm guessing Chad's grandfather lives in community owned housing and that's why his name isn't on any property records."

If grandpa Paine lives in a retirement community Chad and family will not be moving in with him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, SMama said:

If grandpa Paine lives in a retirement community Chad and family will not be moving in with him. 

I was thinking that maybe his parents would move in with him. It doesn't answer where C&E will end up

• Love 4
(edited)

There is probably more to the story than they are letting on.  Much easier to gush about how God has been “opening doors” than to tell the truth.

Two possibilities:  Their landlord is selling, or choosing not to renew their lease.  They can’t find a property that will allow the animals and still can’t afford to buy.  Florida is even more expensive, making the decision more puzzling.

Also, I wonder if the state contractor’s board is  cracking down on unlicensed contractors and Chad no longer flying under the radar.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Grandpa is in a 55 and up community so it's more likely Chad's parents moving in with him or nearby.  Perhaps Chad got a job with the community for maintenance/handy man services or perhaps there is enough demand from the residents for assistance to keep him busy/employed.   It will be interesting to see how it plays out and if we get the full story.  Erin in the last couple of years may have finally seen her parents for who they really are and how much help her own family isn't.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

So people seem to think they are moving to Florida to live with Grandpa and eventually get the house.  I always wondered why every Bates that is married, except for Michaela, are able to purchase their own home.  and why Chad and Erin never purchased one...esp since he is in construction.  Who pays rent for 9 years...waste of money

• Love 4

Nathan and Esther would have plenty of land to park their RV at Erin's place. Maybe they'll move in when the Paines move out. 

@crimson23, I'm curious why they were unable to buy a home too. Maybe they don't qualify for a large enough mortgage? Or are unwilling to be 'house poor'?

But maybe they'll find their place in the (slightly creepy) retirement village. Chad can manage the properties, Erin can help decorate and make pies and the kids can be the resident grandchildren.

• Love 6

I think we’ve heard the Paine’s discuss paying cash for a house and that every one they could afford was too run down. I can’t imagine they can save much but their housing situation was always perplexing to me. If Grandpa Paine lives in a 55+ community, Chad and Erin won’t be able to live there, especially with kids. But there is more land in that part of Florida and they kept referring to the great church family, so perhaps someone is assisting them with housing.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I think we’ve heard the Paine’s discuss paying cash for a house and that every one they could afford was too run down. I can’t imagine they can save much but their housing situation was always perplexing to me. If Grandpa Paine lives in a 55+ community, Chad and Erin won’t be able to live there, especially with kids. But there is more land in that part of Florida and they kept referring to the great church family, so perhaps someone is assisting them with housing.

There are exceptions to every rule, so if the 55+ community has a need for the Paines they can bend the rules and allow them to live there.

Of course like you said, they might be getting assistance finding a house nearby. Maybe an older couple is selling their home and moving to the 55+ and C & A are buying their place.

• Love 4

I take back living with Grandpa. Someone on Reddit found his house and it's only 1100 sq. ft. with three bedrooms and neighbors close by. Not enough space and land to accommodate a family of seven plus farm animals. 

I think you guys are right and there's some sort of quid pro quo arrangement with the church and it's members, but that makes me a little nervous. Not the fact that Chad is possibly exchanging maintenance work for a place to live, just that the whole thing feels so....cult-y. As far as I know they've made one trip to this place. That's not enough time to get a sense of what you're walking into. The way they gushed about their new "church family" gave me vibes that a lot of gaslighting and love bombing was going on. Hopefully I'm just projecting and turn out to be wrong. 

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I take back living with Grandpa. Someone on Reddit found his house and it's only 1100 sq. ft. with three bedrooms and neighbors close by. Not enough space and land to accommodate a family of seven plus farm animals. 

I think you guys are right and there's some sort of quid pro quo arrangement with the church and it's members, but that makes me a little nervous. Not the fact that Chad is possibly exchanging maintenance work for a place to live, just that the whole thing feels so....cult-y. As far as I know they've made one trip to this place. That's not enough time to get a sense of what you're walking into. The way they gushed about their new "church family" gave me vibes that a lot of gaslighting and love bombing was going on. Hopefully I'm just projecting and turn out to be wrong. 

Yes I got that vibe too. I also think Chad’s patriarch ways are coming out. He talked about his childhood memories of running around a farm and that’s what he wants for his kids. He has probably had enough of the Bates clan and the way some of the siblings are not as Fundie acting. If his parents are moving to Florida too perhaps they are already entrenched in this community where senior Paine lives and they convinced Chad to move. One trip to visit doesn’t seem like enough to really tell if this is the right place, especially the whole church family vibe. But maybe Fundies recognize like minded people quickly? 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

How much bigger is this house they are moving into? Like 200 square feet? I guess to them it must feel spacious. 

They're probably not moving into Grandpa's house. The parents' house is also for sale. It's a good bet that they are also moving to Florida and will likely reside with Grandpa, being over 55 and all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

We were teased with “more information about the move” to come in future YouTube stories. So we are only speculating about where exactly Chad and Erin will live and if they are buying a house or renting. 

• Love 3

That's what I think. Chad will do maintenance work for the community and church and Erin will bang on the piano for entertainment for the community and church services. In return they might be given free housing as part of his compensation.  Erin will miss the change of seasons and colorful falls. No more cool crisp fall mornings and snowy winter days.  Florida has 2 seasons hot and hotter. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Well, if Chad is going to be a maintenance guy for the Wesleylans, I hope he's paid a salary, legitimately, rather than cash for jobs. If they're going g to buy a place he needs a W2. Even a 1099, but there's a big tax burden there.

• Love 7

I'm surprised their moving to Florida. That seems expensive for them. I'm glad that Chad's getting out from under the Bates's thumb. I wonder what the Bates boys are going to do for jobs with Chad no longer around to employ them. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm surprised their moving to Florida. That seems expensive for them. I'm glad that Chad's getting out from under the Bates's thumb. I wonder what the Bates boys are going to do for jobs with Chad no longer around to employ them. 

Trace is taking over the reins at Paine Construction. There might be a name change, but many of the brothers worked for Chad. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did Chad ever become certified, licensed, and insured? His qualifications were always sketchy.

Did they ever move beyond handyman work? I think you can get by doing renos for friends and acquaintances skirting the laws, but anything beyond that I think it would be hard to get jobs without the right credentials. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did they ever move beyond handyman work? I think you can get by doing renos for friends and acquaintances skirting the laws, but anything beyond that I think it would be hard to get jobs without the right credentials. 

Yeah, it depends on the laws. I know in my state, to do jobs over $2000, you have to be licensed by the state contractors’ board. Of course, most people aren’t aware that exists or that they should ask to see a license…

A lot of shadier contractor will only do jobs under the limit to avoid oversight.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

She has had 5 babies in 7 years.  It’s entirely possible she may not be able to go back to a flat stomach.  I always got the impression she was built more like her mother- not tiny like Josie and Carlin.

But stranger things have happened and I’m sure they still want a brother for Carson.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

My current idle speculation about the move is that something bad is dropping soon about Gothard/IBLP and the reason for their show's cancellation. And Chad & Erin are making a hasty move in order to distance themselves from the situation.

Like, I'm imagining if just before Josh Duggar's arrest a Duggar sibling moved interstate "Ooh I'm putting some distance between me and my abuse-facilitating family!" That kind of vibe. Who knows, but that's my theory du jour.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

There is a documentary on the IBLP in the works. I think it will air later this year. I don't know if Dr. Paine will be featured, as he left the Board of Directors a while ago, but it will certainly feature Gil Bates. Chad and Erin publicly denounced Gothard several years ago (after the scandal), but they certainly continue to live by his teachings. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Did Chad ever become certified, licensed, and insured? His qualifications were always sketchy.

I've always wondered that. He moved very fast from working for someone to opening up his own construction company.  

1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

There is a documentary on the IBLP in the works. I think it will air later this year. I don't know if Dr. Paine will be featured, as he left the Board of Directors a while ago, but it will certainly feature Gil Bates. Chad and Erin publicly denounced Gothard several years ago (after the scandal), but they certainly continue to live by his teachings. 

Sort of. Erin said that they no longer followed Gothard but at that time he was no longer on the board so it really didn't mean anything. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Sort of. Erin said that they no longer followed Gothard but at that time he was no longer on the board so it really didn't mean anything. 

We said the same thing two different ways. 😀

They denounced Gothard the man, but they never denounced the IBLP. They're walking a thin line of deceit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Excellent call! 

Yes, putting a creepy, pervy cult leader in a major role at your wedding is really not a great idea and might come back to bite you.

• Love 7