Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

I thought really good Christians don't lie...Kelly is a liar being that she later "explained" that the chocolate cake at Erin's wedding pictured here above was a groom's cake. No, for certain it wasn't. I remember seeing the original photos/footage those years ago. It clearly was a birthday cake for Gothard. What hypocrites the Bates parents are. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I thought really good Christians don't lie...Kelly is a liar being that she later "explained" that the chocolate cake at Erin's wedding pictured here above was a groom's cake. No, for certain it wasn't. I remember seeing the original photos/footage those years ago. It clearly was a birthday cake for Gothard. What hypocrites the Bates parents are. 

She's not even a good liar for that. You'd think she would have tried to crop out the Happy Birthday sign or cover it up somehow. 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

She's not even a good liar for that. You'd think she would have tried to crop out the Happy Birthday sign or cover it up somehow. 

IIRC, Kelly initially posted the cake pic on her now defunct blog. The picture has since been lifted in its original form so many times that the genie can't be put back in the bottle. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

IIRC, Kelly initially posted the cake pic on her now defunct blog. The picture has since been lifted in its original form so many times that the genie can't be out back in the bottle. 

Oh, I know. It's just still funny how bad of liar she is. Just like her "Patriot Room". You'd think given how much she lies she would be better at it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm still curious about what stopped the Bates show right in the middle of filming for the new season???

I wonder if Amy Dugger or WOACB knows?

Why would they know? Famy doesn't know them and WOACB doesn't cover them. 

As for the cancellation, they had the full season in the can. The show was cancelled just a week before the season premiere. UP had been promoting the hell out of it, then out of nowhere, BOOM! goes the dynamite. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

TLC filmed Erin's wedding - at least part of it - for 19 Kids. I doubt it was TLC video, but I vaguely remember the wedding guests singing happy birthday to Gothard (or maybe I imagined the singing from photos).

How is it no one is spilling the tea on the cancellation? Someone needs to get The Sun or InTouch on it. Surely there's an email or two that can be leaked.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

TLC filmed Erin's wedding - at least part of it - for 19 Kids. I doubt it was TLC video, but I vaguely remember the wedding guests singing happy birthday to Gothard (or maybe I imagined the singing from photos).

How is it no one is spilling the tea on the cancellation? Someone needs to get The Sun or InTouch on it. Surely there's an email or two that can be leaked.

I remember it that way too

• Love 3
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Why would they know? Famy doesn't know them and WOACB doesn't cover them. 

As for the cancellation, they had the full season in the can. The show was cancelled just a week before the season premiere. UP had been promoting the hell out of it, then out of nowhere, BOOM! goes the dynamite. 

Lol I just thought Amy would know the dirt on all the Bible huggers only because several of the Dugger girls are friends with Bates girls. Looking for some spilled tea!

I had to think but you’re right WOACB hasn’t covered Bates yet but I’ll bet her phone is ringing off the hook😕!

I didn’t realize the whole season was good to go!!!  Now I’m even more curious. 

Makes me think of when the feds visited the Dugger home first time about Josh and she and JimBob said “nothing to see here”. Yeah right!!!

• Love 2

While Chad and Erin are obviously leaving due to some combo of being able to get housing in Fla + whatever is going to come out re IBPL + to go deeper fundie/isolate their kids more, I’m willing to bet he can’t wait to get away from the “loose” morals of the Bates. He goes to a Bates gathering yesterday only to have his daughters “defrauded” seeing Uncle Warden playing basketball w no shirt on + cousin Willow jumping on the trampoline with them in whatever pants/jumper her hussy of a mother thinks is ok for a girl. And then he turns around and seeing Kolter + Holland hugging and standing in a prom pose. Erin giggles along and Chad can be heard saying “what are you guys doing” and the kids quickly separate.

I think it’ll be a relief to him to be someplace where his kids are the only kids or they are in a stricter fundie environment where boys and girls don’t play together; if some other Paines are moving down there besides his parents - I can see him and his brothers and/or his rapist brother in law being “stricter” about how the cousins play esp in a few yrs once the girls are all 5+ and Chad’s actively thinking of their husbands coming along in a decade.

I have a feeling when they first married, Chad was ok being near the Bates as all the sisters were under Gil’s thumb and the first sisters that married after Erin moved off to Fla or were very conservative themselves (Michael). Fast forward 5 yrs and you’ve got Josie and Carlin marrying, dancing at the wedding, and living locally — wearing pants and working at businesses that aren’t ministering to anyone — he likely does not want his daughters or his son to believe this is ok for women.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

@cereality once again I think you are right about Chad. His true Fundie colors are coming out. Maybe now that leaving Tennessee and the Bateses are a reality he doesn’t have to hide them so much. Plus as the kids get older he wants to keep them as sheltered as possible.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/31/2022 at 5:53 PM, GeeGolly said:

Erin posted a Memorial Day pic. If you cropped out the rain boots it looks like a scene from the Waltons.

She wishes they were so lucky.  Two more kids and she'll be like that family.  They had a way bigger house though.  Erin would shit herself trying to decorate that thing.

Edited by So unbelievable
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Okay, I had a fundie dream last night. Well, it was about fundies, but they weren't fundie. I dreamt that Chad and Erin were international spies. They had code names for everything. The only one I remember is Chad's correspondence was called Lucille. 😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why did E&C announce they're moving in May, when they still haven't even packed a box and its almost August?

Maybe they are waiting for God to lead them to the boxes?

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yeesh, they made such a big deal about moving, they made a YT video. I would think they'd make another one explaining what's going on at this point.

Maybe it was simply trying to get people interested and keep them coming back to check on their progress. There are seven siblings vying for clicks, Trace and Lydia got a jump start before marrying. Not enough attention to go around. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So, Chad, Erin etal are still in Tennessee? What year are they moving to Florida? It seems that the video they released was silly to do back then. They made it seem like they had the boys and the truck ready in the driveway. Is it will a "go"?

• Like 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

So, Chad, Erin etal are still in Tennessee? What year are they moving to Florida? It seems that the video they released was silly to do back then. They made it seem like they had the boys and the truck ready in the driveway. Is it will a "go"?

Simple. They have no compunction about lying and misleading the suckers who keep following them on SM, just like the other grifters in the family. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

I poked around her Instagram a bit to see if anyone was asking about the move. If so, she's been deleting comments. She does call Tori her "best friend," so we can see how the sisters have clustered together. 

You know someone (probably many someones) have asked about the move. So she has been deleting those comments. How insulting and manipulative and disrespectful to those who follow them. They are lying, disingenuous users.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I poked around her Instagram a bit to see if anyone was asking about the move. If so, she's been deleting comments. She does call Tori her "best friend," so we can see how the sisters have clustered together. 

Wow, yeah, she's definitely deleting comments. There's no way followers haven't asked her about the move. I wonder if it fell through? Just based on their most recent social media, it doesn't look like they've packed a thing or even started the process. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, yeah, she's definitely deleting comments. There's no way followers haven't asked her about the move. I wonder if it fell through? Just based on their most recent social media, it doesn't look like they've packed a thing or even started the process. 

You know - just say “it fell through” or plans have changed for some reason and leave it at that. So simple yet she’d rather spend hours deleting comments.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

You know - just say “it fell through” or plans have changed for some reason and leave it at that. So simple yet she’d rather spend hours deleting comments.

I agree. You can always tell what triggers Fundies by the comments they delete, questions they ignore and who they block. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. You can always tell what triggers Fundies by the comments they delete, questions they ignore and who they block. 

And why did something this simple trigger her so much? Plans have changed, not that complicated.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And why did something this simple trigger her so much? Plans have changed, not that complicated.

Erin will never admit it, but I think it's a huge sore spot for her that she and Chad aren't as upwardly mobile as her siblings. Zach, Alyssa, Lawson, Tori, Carlin, Josie and Katie all own houses, travel, eat out all the time, etc., and the sisters who Influence get tons of free crap via their social media. 

Just speaking hypothetically, because I don't know for sure if the move actually fell through, but maybe Erin views this as another "failure" and is too embarrassed to address it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Plus they really emphasized the Lord leading them to move so what does it say if they suddenly don’t move?

Exactly.  Why don't they just say the Lord is now telling them to stay put?  Maybe they are waiting until after summer.  They had a party for one of her kids today and it didn't look like they were moving at all. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

My guess is the reality of leaving Tennessee and her family finally hit Erin and she has been quietly waging a campaign to change Chad's mind.  If they have made any trips to scout out a place to live they may have had a rude awakening with respect to what was available in their price range, especially with land for animals. If they can't afford to buy in the Knoxville area I really doubt they could afford anything in Florida.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Definitely seems like Chad was the driving force behind the move to Florida. It’s very odd that they posted anything in the first place but who knows with them what’s really going on. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Definitely seems like Chad was the driving force behind the move to Florida. It’s very odd that they posted anything in the first place but who knows with them what’s really going on. 

The announcement was odd in and of itself. I remember Erin and Chad gushing over their new "church family" and it was giving cult grooming vibes. The whole time they were talking I was picturing them living in some kind of Branch Davidian compound. 

I assumed they already had some kind of housing lined up, possibly for free in exchange for Chad doing maintenance work, but maybe not. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don't think they even took out the completely redone camper once this summer.  At least no YouTube video of such adventure has surfaced yet.  

Trace has already taken over Payne Construction, right?  (Renamed it Bates Construction.)  So, what is Chad doing these days?  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

I don't think they even took out the completely redone camper once this summer.  At least no YouTube video of such adventure has surfaced yet.  

Trace has already taken over Payne Construction, right?  (Renamed it Bates Construction.)  So, what is Chad doing these days?  

I had forgotten all about the camper.  They've gone camping as much as Kelton and Josie with theirs.  Must be nice to have disposable money.

• Love 3

Thing is, I don’t think Erin and Chad have much, if any, disposable money.  Erin is always gushing about “ the simple life”, but in reality her “simple life” isn’t cheap.  Just keeping all those animals fed must cost a small fortune.  And even though they have a small rental they have redecorated many times in the 9 years they have lived there.  Surely they could have saved  a lot more without those expenses.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Thing is, I don’t think Erin and Chad have much, if any, disposable money.  Erin is always gushing about “ the simple life”, but in reality her “simple life” isn’t cheap.  Just keeping all those animals fed must cost a small fortune.  And even though they have a small rental they have redecorated many times in the 9 years they have lived there.  Surely they could have saved  a lot more without those expenses

I don't either. She has been occasionally jealous of what her siblings have. But won't stop making dumb decisions about money. 

• Love 2

I'm not really understanding how Trace could take over a business that wasn't licensed in the first place. I am guessing Chad is continuing to do smaller scale jobs that don't require having helpers.  Actually, not having to pay anyone else would probably be a good financial move for him.

Also wondering if the lack updates about the move may be because Florida is much stricter about unlicensed contractors?  I am just guessing here, but maybe it would not be so easy for him to get work there.  With the extreme weather in Florida I am willing to bet that the building codes are much more stringent, and people really prefer to deal with licensed companies.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1