Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SMama said:

I sometimes feel sorry for fundie women because they have such limited opportunities to shine. Get engaged  (and pretend it’s a surprise), get married, and have your first pregnancy (again pretending to be surprised). That’s it, your usefulness gone except for birthing more kids you can’t afford, don’t have adequate accommodations for, and don’t have enough time for one on one attention.

I feel the same way, especially because they get attention for the first two, maybe three, kids and then nothing until they're in the double digits and reality tv or social media comes a calling because they've graduated to freak show status. For kids 4 through 12, it seems like a whole lot of keep sweet, figure how to stretch the money and space and implement a sister mom system. What a life.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
20 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

So do I. Kelly also nagged Tori about the color of the under part of the dress. It was white but Kelly thought it was too revealing and it should be changed to a different color. Shut up Kelly.  

I'm really surprised we didn't either. Erin was really jealous by how big Carlin's wedding was from the dress to the venue to how big the wedding party was. I really expected the very next season to be Erin's vow renewal which would be bigger then Carlin's.

Good on Tori for holding out for what she wanted.

I don’t think Erin and Chad will have a fancy vow renewal because they would have to pay for it. Maybe a very simple one in their yard or on a beach, but no big dress and reception.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Good on Tori for holding out for what she wanted.

She caved to Kelly but not to Nathan. 

I don’t think Erin and Chad will have a fancy vow renewal because they would have to pay for it. Maybe a very simple one in their yard or on a beach, but no big dress and reception.

Erin wants one she just can't afford it and it appears the show wasn't going to pay for it. She was really jealous of how big Carlin's was.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Erin wants one she just can't afford it and it appears the show wasn't going to pay for it. She was really jealous of how big Carlin's was.

How long has Carlin been married that she’s already had a vow renewal?

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think Whitney's renewal and Carlin's huge wedding are getting confused. Carlin had the gorgeous venue as well.

Yes, after seeing how jealous Erin was seeing Carlin's huge wedding I really expected her to decide to have a vow renewal and make it bigger then Carlin's. If she could afford it or the show paid for it she would have.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yes, after seeing how jealous Erin was seeing Carlin's huge wedding I really expected her to decide to have a vow renewal and make it bigger then Carlin's. If she could afford it or the show paid for it she would have.

I think if UpTV hadn't pulled the plug, they may have had a vow renewal for Erin if they had nothing else to film.  I think that's how Whitney got hers.  Of course the final season featured something like three weddings (Nathan, Katie, and if things had continued, Lawson), so it would have had to wait.  

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I think if UpTV hadn't pulled the plug, they may have had a vow renewal for Erin if they had nothing else to film.  I think that's how Whitney got hers.  Of course the final season featured something like three weddings (Nathan, Katie, and if things had continued, Lawson), so it would have had to wait.  

Did Katie's wedding ever air?  I thought it was filmed but never made it to the tv screens.

Honestly can't even remember if Nathan's wedding episode aired either.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Did Katie's wedding ever air?  I thought it was filmed but never made it to the tv screens.

Honestly can't even remember if Nathan's wedding episode aired either.

Katie’s and Nathan’s weddings did not air.

• Useful 3
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think Whitney's renewal and Carlin's huge wedding are getting confused. Carlin had the gorgeous venue as well.

How big was Carlin's wedding? I remember photos with her stupid vapid expression, but nothing else. 

I kind of don't blame Erin for being jealous of the TV money-influenced weddings. Hers was chintzy. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

How big was Carlin's wedding? I remember photos with her stupid vapid expression, but nothing else. 

I kind of don't blame Erin for being jealous of the TV money-influenced weddings. Hers was chintzy. 

Plus Carlin & Gil danced! How things changed. 

Erin seemed happy enough at the time. She seems to have a somewhat frumpy style so I'm not sure how dramatically different any vow renewal dress she chose would be to be honest. And  I doubt she would have dancing. By comparison, Whitney's vow renewal dress was a total 180.

I really don't understand the obsession with weddings.  Sure, you want everything to be nice, but in the greater scheme of things it is only one day.  As I told my daughter when she was planning her wedding, no one will remember all of the little details brides seem to agonize over- guests just remember if the food was good and the bar was open.  Which does not apply to the Bates I guess.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

She had that big venue Castleton Farms, 14 bridesmaids, that really big dress and dancing. 

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

I don't know how many guests attended, but the bridal party was massive. It was a pretty elaborate wedding by Fundie standards. 

9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

She had that big venue Castleton Farms, 14 bridesmaids, that really big dress and dancing. 

Why am I not surprised that Dumb and Dumber managed to have an elaborately big wedding? 

Now I need to find their wedding photos. Anybody want to help a Heathen out? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

So, fundies are all about the "purity" and the courtships and they've got a 6-7 year-old carrying a sign saying "Hey ladies, I'm still single"? Ugh, I can't even. 

Yeah, the same hypocrites who clutch their pearls frantically at the idea of gender being discussed with children . 🤡🤦‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Love 3

The house is nice, hideous paint colors aside. I'm sure it'll be really pretty once they get the cosmetics spruced up. 

I'm side-eyeing the grifted house, though (and no, Chad, it didn't "come from the Lord"). My guess is the pastor who's luring them down there pressured one of his parishioners to give them a discounted place. With the amount of land attached, I doubt the Paines could afford the going rate. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Well at least they gain a bedroom, bathroom and dining area. The house is like a smaller version of Jessa's new house, minus the new wing, so basically a ranch. From the quick glance the gave, the bedrooms look tiny, even the master.

What a unique find in FL, not something I would want if I lived there, but it seems to be a good fit for the Paines. I hope this "new community" that they speak of is legit and not some new Gothard like cult.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There's someone luring them down there? I imagine there's a job in it for Chad?

When they made the first announcement, Chad and Erin said they took a trip to visit friends, went to this church, then the Lord put it on their hearts to move. They kept gushing about the pastor and community to the point it gave me cult recruitment vibes. The pastor was also the one who secured the first house that fell through. Chad said he was moving Paine Construction to FL, so he's not working for an outfit that's already established. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I had to laugh when Erin talked about her favorite view of the new house. While it is a pretty view, I think they need to find a new spot for the garbage cans!

Same for me, it was funny.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

When they made the first announcement, Chad and Erin said they took a trip to visit friends, went to this church, then the Lord put it on their hearts to move. They kept gushing about the pastor and community to the point it gave me cult recruitment vibes. The pastor was also the one who secured the first house that fell through. Chad said he was moving Paine Construction to FL, so he's not working for an outfit that's already established. 

So he's going to be a handyman? If he doesn't get licensed as a contractor, I don't see this working well for the Paines. Florida is strict about construction codes, for obvious reasons. 

For crying out loud, Chad, you've got a spendy wife and five kids already. Get licensed in some professional capacity. HVAC, plumbing, electrical. If Mr. Jogger Pants Stewart can do it, so can you. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

If Mr. Jogger Pants Stewart can do it, so can you. 

I just choked on my coffee. 🤣🤣🤣💀💀💀

I think Chad will do the same thing in FL that he did in TN: take small jobs from like-minded church friends, undercharge and struggle like they always have. He strikes me as the type who's too nice to put a premium on his services. 

I honestly hope Chad and Erin's faith is as strong as they say it is, because I can't imagine going through life where my housing situation depends on the good graces of others. To each their own, though. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Chad looks sooooo worn out, especially in contrast to the wedding pictures recently posted for their 9th anniversary. He’s aging in dog years. Hopefully this move will work out, but Erin has never lived anywhere but Tennessee. Maybe the kids will be ok, they won’t have a new school to adjust to, but no more cousins to play with. Since they are renting, I guess God could always change his mind and send them back to Tennessee.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The house is nice, hideous paint colors aside. I'm sure it'll be really pretty once they get the cosmetics spruced up. 

I'm side-eyeing the grifted house, though (and no, Chad, it didn't "come from the Lord"). My guess is the pastor who's luring them down there pressured one of his parishioners to give them a discounted place. With the amount of land attached, I doubt the Paines could afford the going rate. 

My first impression was that there was no way Erin would be able to live with so much color.  Not that I would've chosen those colors myself, but it was no surprise when she said they couldn't wait to paint the walls 'a beautiful color like white'.  Ninny.

I also noticed that they went on and on about how the Lord found the house for them, how their new landlords loved the Lord and on and on.  Sounds like they managed to either grift the house or at least get a sweet deal on it.  Because Jesus.

• Like 10

If the new landlords have checked the Paines out on SM they know that Chad will basically redo the whole house on his dime.  That is a bargain even if they reduce the rent for them a bit. 

Those colours though!  I know we joke about the beige esthetic, but that is totally the opposite.  

• LOL 6
17 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There's someone luring them down there? I imagine there's a job in it for Chad?

I was thinking the same thing.  Their set up in FL doesn't look a whole lot better than what they have now.  A little more room in the house but they could have found another place in TN like that.  I think (just my opinion) that Erin wants away from her family now that there is disagreement and tension between her and some of the siblings.  Perhaps living that close to home is stressful to her.  I feel sorry for the kids with this move. They will be so isolated now.  

I feel the house was either offered by a church member in FL or maybe one of their followers.  Probably at a very reduced rate.  

I thought the same thing about her "view" and the trash containers being lined up there.  

Erin will enjoy that kitchen though.  A lot more than she has now.  

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know if this house is located in the DeLand area like the other one?

They gave no indication of where they were other than to say that wasn't stereotypical Florida (no swamps, minimal palm trees, etc). Looking at their view, I agree that it doesn't look like Florida.

• Useful 1

I have the impression that Erin is trying to convince herself that she is excited about this move. It's a huge change for her. She's never been far from her family and she has always been one that seems to be favored by her parents. I also think that Chad is pushing for this and since it's still country-ish, with land for the animals and kids, plus a bigger house, that she's trying to be happy about it. I think she'd be happier with a bigger place close to family. I'll be surprised if they stay in FL for long. I don't know about disagreements with her sisters and obviously, I don't really know what is in her heart. I just didn't pick up on true excitement from her re this move. 

• Like 7