Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

Erin was deliberately vague because she didn't want people calling her out over the covid. She was one of many family members who didn't take the pandemic seriously and participated in all the big gatherings, outings, etc. Some people took every precaution in the world and still got it, but I don't think Erin falls into that category. She was firmly in the "faith over fear" camp until it bit her on the ass. 

• Love 11
On 11/5/2021 at 9:39 AM, BitterApple said:

Erin was deliberately vague because she didn't want people calling her out over the covid. She was one of many family members who didn't take the pandemic seriously and participated in all the big gatherings, outings, etc. Some people took every precaution in the world and still got it, but I don't think Erin falls into that category. She was firmly in the "faith over fear" camp until it bit her on the ass. 

She doesn't. She and the rest of the Bates weren't taking any percautions. 

• Love 6

Erin's latest YouTube video teaches viewers how to make three different kinds of chicken breast:

https://youtu.be/yw8ddA06Bl8

I'll give her an "A" for effort, but she's got a long way to go. The pan-seared chicken was woefully underseasoned, and the creamy chicken bake had too much gloop and not enough meat. She almost had me with her honey mustard grilled recipe until she basted the cooked meat with the same marinade the raw chicken had been sitting in. Hopefully the kids liked the extra serving of salmonella. 😳

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Erin's latest YouTube video teaches viewers how to make three different kinds of chicken breast:

https://youtu.be/yw8ddA06Bl8

I'll give her an "A" for effort, but she's got a long way to go. The pan-seared chicken was woefully underseasoned, and the creamy chicken bake had too much gloop and not enough meat. She almost had me with her honey mustard grilled recipe until she basted the cooked meat with the same marinade the raw chicken had been sitting in. Hopefully the kids liked the extra serving of salmonella. 😳

She was handling everything in the kitchen with those raw chicken fingers!

I don’t think she has a clue about salmonella!

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Erin confirms that she's no longer part of the boutique.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWokEmgLZ05/?utm_medium=copy_link

She finally addressed the elephant in the room! Thank you for posting!

I still think something messy went down. "God leading us in a different direction" is Fundiespeak for not being happy with the situation. I'm also curious as to what "in the process of passing off our part" means? Erin hasn't been seen at the boutique in four months. If Carlin and Whit had to buy her out, wouldn't they have done so by now? Maybe they're trying to rope Tiffany or Esther in as a third partner?

• Love 5

I noticed one comment from someone who thinks Erin's sisters spend too much time pushing products. Yeah, cause Erin hasn't spent any time pushing her flashcards and inspirational Bible quotes. I guess that's different because it's "godly"?

The big differences between the sisters come down to how they make money and how they use social media. I'm sure Carlin and Evan have faced criticism from fellow fundies who think they are too worldly and materialistic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Timing of this is very suspicious.  I suspect they decided to release this in an attempt to get the viewers talking about something other than the racist remark made by one of the Bates sons on charades night. Now everyone will be speculating about the BSB breakup. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm also curious as to what "in the process of passing off our part" means? 

I think Mama B is bailing them out since she will be doing all Erin did.  Bet no one else wanted to "buy in" to that sad little boutique.  

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Interesting point about Kelly. She'd be my last choice for a business partner. You'd think Carlin and Whit would've recruited Tiffany or Esther instead. Or perhaps they tried, and the girls declined.

Maybe the dust-up this whole time hasn't been the fact that Erin quit, but rather a dispute over how much her share was worth? I can see a scenario where Erin says she deserves "x" amount because of all the work Chad did, and Carlin and Whit were like, "Hell naw, we've done the heavy lifting for the past year, we'll give you "y." That might explain why things are dragging out, rather than the Boutique cutting a check and everyone going on their merry way. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

It's obvious to me that Kelly does next to nothing at home. How else would she have the time to play at the boutique? Sadly, I think the eldest of the youngest 3 girls most likely has inherited most of the housework delegating it out to the younger two girls. Kelly is a lazy woman with too much time on her hands if you ask me.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

It's obvious to me that Kelly does next to nothing at home. How else would she have the time to play at the boutique? Sadly, I think the eldest of the youngest 3 girls most likely has inherited most of the housework delegating it out to the younger two girls. Kelly is a lazy woman with too much time on her hands if you ask me.

Yes KJ has plenty of time for jetting around to showers, engagements etc. She wants to be one of the girls with Carlin and Whit so of course she’s joining BSB. The 3 youngest girls are always babysitting Whit’s kids or in Florida watching Alyssa’s, I imagine their homeschooling is minimal. They are probably teaching Jen and Jud too! 

• Love 5

I happened to look at Tori's Instagram today and she posted Kade's third birthday. Carson was next to him singing "Happy Birthday" and I was positively gobsmacked at how delayed his speech is. It's noticeable in Erin's YouTube videos but not nearly as bad as it is here. He pronounces "birthday" as "bwiffday" and "dear" as "dah." I'm not ragging on the poor kid, because obviously it's not his fault; I just can't believe Chad and Erin don't get him some help. Surely Erin can sacrifice some of her makeup and decor budget to take the kid to speech therapy? 

https://www.instagram.com/bobby_torilayne_smith/?hl=en

• Love 1

Tori's kids are beautiful.

I'm sure it doesn't help Carson's speech having his mom talking in her 'keep sweet' voice all the time. And I imagine Eryn's been talking baby talk to her kids for the past 6 years.

An intervention certainly would be helpful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I take issue with Chad's shoes. My god dude, it's a formal wedding, not a construction site. 

They look like some kind of boots. Which my guess is in their sphere perfectly normal male attire 

• Love 1

Erin does a house tour and answers questions:

https://youtu.be/DRyqiiH41nc

She does the best she can with a tiny space, but omg, is it cluttered.  Her closets are stuffed to the brim. It would probably look larger if she tossed half the useless knick-knacks in the trash.

For those who don't feel like watching, Erin answers a few questions about their plans. Some highlights:

They're still renting the cottage. They're debating on buying it, but it depends on whether they can add on or not.

They put in offers on three separate houses and didn't get them. Erin notes it isn't really a buyer's market (translation: they couldn't outbid their competitors).

She says their next project is renovating their bathroom, to which I just want to shake her and scream, "STOP DUMPING MONEY INTO A HOUSE YOU DON'T OWN!!!!." Even if their landlord discounts their rent, they're not getting the better end of the deal. He's the one who recoups their investment when he sells, not them. You'd think Chad would know better.

• Love 12

It is a cute house and she’s way more organized than I could be with that many kids. I’m still laughing at the toy box holding a “conglamoration” of toys. 😁

Good on them for not buying a bigger house that they may not be able to afford. It’s ok to live within your means. Too many young people don’t realize that.

• Love 5

I still think they should put all the kids in their bigger bedroom and take the smaller one.  They could probably get 4 sets of bunkbeds in their room.  Chad could build a divider for Carson and any other boys down the line.

• Love 9

I have to give Erin credit - there's no way my house would look that good with 4 little kids. Raising up the sofas is a clever storage solution. The kids probably don't mind sharing one room, but that will likely change, and they can't have Carson the Wonder Boy sharing a room with 4 girls. The biggest aggros for me would be only one bathroom and the tiny kitchen/dining/laundry room. 

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I still think they should put all the kids in their bigger bedroom and take the smaller one.  They could probably get 4 sets of bunkbeds in their room.  Chad could build a divider for Carson and any other boys down the line.

How many kids down the line can they cram into one bedroom, 6,7?  I have an idea. If they can't afford a bigger house maybe it's time to stop having kids. No shame in living in a small house but continuing to have kids after kid and craming them into one room is selfish. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Great idea!  Parents don’t have to have the master. 

• Love 2
On 12/16/2021 at 1:46 PM, BitterApple said:

Erin does a house tour and answers questions:

https://youtu.be/DRyqiiH41nc

She does the best she can with a tiny space, but omg, is it cluttered.  Her closets are stuffed to the brim. It would probably look larger if she tossed half the useless knick-knacks in the trash.

For those who don't feel like watching, Erin answers a few questions about their plans. Some highlights:

They're still renting the cottage. They're debating on buying it, but it depends on whether they can add on or not.

They put in offers on three separate houses and didn't get them. Erin notes it isn't really a buyer's market (translation: they couldn't outbid their competitors).

She says their next project is renovating their bathroom, to which I just want to shake her and scream, "STOP DUMPING MONEY INTO A HOUSE YOU DON'T OWN!!!!." Even if their landlord discounts their rent, they're not getting the better end of the deal. He's the one who recoups their investment when he sells, not them. You'd think Chad would know better.

I watched the tour and my question is, if they buy their current place, is there any reason they wouldn’t be able to add on? They’ll own it. Is it a zoning issue or something I am missing? And I had the same thought - why on earth are they doing so much reno on a rental?

Edited by Eureka

Zoning may have something to do with it but more likely the layout may make adding on more difficult or expensive than they feel it would be worth. Or, the house may be very old and structurally unsound, it may need rewriting, new plumbing, etc. meaning even more expense to shore-up the old part before adding on.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Erin is now doing a lot of youtube videos.  Make-up, home tour, cooking etc.  Is it because she has her own business (Cards, calendars, CD's, Payne Construction merch) and needs to drum up some interest back into her life?  

• Love 1

My guess is that  she sees her sisters on social media and youtube and figures why not do this also as a source of income and free stuff. She seemed to be critical of them awhile back but maybe she has changed her tune.

• Love 1

Erin wants to grow her YouTube channel, but she also wants her social media to be very faith and family-focused. My guess is that her subscribers are more interested in how she does her makeup than in how she reads the Bible, so she's compromising a little bit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I usually don't watch the vids that Erin puts out, but for some reason watched the Q&A they just released.  
After listening to her answer questions, it's no wonder Carson has a speech impediment.  She really has a mush mouth when it comes to words with L's.  I have southern relatives with thick accents and they don't talk like that.  He needs speech therapy.  

Chad & Erin also claim they never argue, but have disagreements.  Quit sugar coating your relationship, that pretty much is an argument.  Doesn't mean you have to go to blows to call it an argument.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, So unbelievable said:

Chad & Erin also claim they never argue, but have disagreements.  Quit sugar coating your relationship, that pretty much is an argument.  Doesn't mean you have to go to blows to call it an argument.  

Lol, right? Argument doesn't mean you're hurling glassware at each other. 

I never noticed until this video, but I agree there's something very babyish about Erin's speech patterns. I think it's a deliberate affect because none of the other Bates kids talk like that. 

I also get the vibe Carson is very coddled and that's part of why he comes across more like a toddler than a first grader. When Erin and Chad answered the question about their kids' personalities, they both gushed over Carson but gave perfunctory answers for the other three. It's pretty clear who the golden child is in that family. 

• Love 3

The way Erin says the word "and" like "eeee-and" drives me batty. She over enunciates a lot of vowels.

Crazy as it seems, I can believe that Erin and Chad never really "argue." I can see them disagreeing over paint colors or something like that, but I think Erin's view would win out fairly easily. It helps that Chad is incredibly laid back; I doubt he has strong opinions on the same things Erin cares about. They seem to do a good job of compromising when necessary. For example, when picking baby names, Erin said she prefers uncommon baby names while Chad prefers traditional ones. So she makes a short list of her favorites and Chad picks the one that is least crazy. 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I also get the vibe Carson is very coddled and that's part of why he comes across more like a toddler than a first grader. When Erin and Chad answered the question about their kids' personalities, they both gushed over Carson but gave perfunctory answers for the other three. It's pretty clear who the golden child is in that family. 

I didn't even notice that about them going on about Carson.  Probably because by that point I was skipping through the video ha ha  Very true though.  

• Love 1