Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

They painted the house they were living in and had Trace and Lydia helping them finish up the day before they left.

Right, but in a previous video they said they wanted the Florida house move-in ready before they got down there. I was curious as to why that didn't happen. 

8 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I'm amazed that Erin agreed to this move. I don't think it will last very long, but time will tell. 

I think it'll depend on how much help the new church friends give her. If Erin finds an insecure sycophant to do all her grunt work the way Alyssa (and at one time Carlin) did, she'll be happy as a clam. If she's stuck with everything, she'll be whining to Chad in no time. One thing that floored me was when they got to the new house and Erin flippantly said Chad would have to build her a dining room table because they didn't have one. It's like, um, honey, no. Chad needs to focus on building his business so y'all can eat. Go buy a table from a thrift store and refinish it until you can afford something nicer. No wonder these two can never get ahead. 🙄

• Like 10
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Right, but in a previous video they said they wanted the Florida house move-in ready before they got down there. I was curious as to why that didn't happen. 

I think we can reasonably guess that he didn't have the time or energy to do it all. 

• Useful 1

Erin had a lot more help moving than Trace and Lydia. Isaiah and either Addee or Ellie also traveled with them. It is not clear where everyone slept but darn they had a lot of help. When we moved from northern to southern CA, it was SBaba, myself, SSon, and five year old Girl. We somehow managed to get it done without much fuss.

I have a question about the camper trailer in the video. Is it he same one they remodeled? The one in the video looked larger to me. The packing of the goats made me laugh. They talked about guinea pigs too. Other than the pigs, did they leave any other animals behind?

In Florida there were a lot non Bates helping them as well. I wonder how much Erin really does, or if she just supervises. I felt bad for Carson when Erin was asking him if he was sad to leave and he said no. Erin, just because you have the emotional maturity of a 3 year old does not mean your son does too. Leave him alone, if he's ready to move you should be happy. In that video Erin came across as an emotional vampire.

I enjoyed the look back at the many changes in decor of the Paine cottage. The pink bedroom had me laughing so hard. Even Trace was snarking on that one. And the western theme bedroom (later kids room) where Chad slept until they wed was absolutely cringe worthy.  

Now that they live in much warmer weather Erin can finally get rid of those hideous vests. She is very pretty but is in serious need of a major makeover.  

This is going to come across as harsh but I felt bad for how Erin packed the kids things for the trip. They had a plastic bag each with a blanket, toys and perhaps snacks for the drive. Since they had planned that move for months they should have invested on an inexpensive backpack for each child. Moving is exciting but also tiring, and somewhat an anxious time for little kids. They should have done something nice for the kids. If they didn't have so many animals to feed they could have afforded something as simple as $5 backpacks for their kids big adventure. After ten years of marriage Chad and Erin do not seem better off financially. I hope this changes with this move. At least the kids have more indoor space now.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Isn't she already talking about this move being only temporary?  I would be surprised if they last more than a year or two. Erin is too attached to her family, church and Tennessee to stay away for long. And there is nothing wrong with that. Still curious how they are going to "help" the new church. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

They painted the house they were living in and had Trace and Lydia helping them finish up the day before they left. I suppose they got free rent for the last month or two in exchange. The landlord probably knew he could count on Chad to do a good job.

Why would they get free rent? 

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why would a landlord, even a sweet friend landlord, give 2 months free to their tenants in exchange for fixing up the wear and tear they caused?

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

• Like 4

Haven't followed them closely - have they said what Chad will do for a living down there? Are they church planters and that got them a house for free like Jing/Jer had in Laredo Tx? Or are they actually paying for this rental? Or is church just an "extracurricular" but Chad intends to start up Paine Construction in Fla? I shudder at that thought in a place like Fla with hurricanes; contractors should be licensed and know the code, what Chad does is more like DIY handiwork though I guess if he's still only installing floors and cabinets, structural code for hurricanes doesn't matter.

I hope they are REALLY thankful to Trace/Lydia bc how many siblings are going to want to drive your UHaul 10-12 hrs, arrive at 4 am, and fly home the next day?? On top of all the help listed, Bobby and Tori were also in Fla for the first few days - so she had someone there to help her set up the kitchen etc. That's a LOT of help.

It's interesting that bc they lived in such a small cottage, the house seems palatial to them but when she gave a tour on IG - it clearly isn't that big despite the high ceilings. It's just that now they have one big living space to hang out in without sitting on top of each other and a dining area so meals won't be lined up on the kitchen counter. Plus she has a kitchen with a TON of cabinets and a pantry closet and then a separate laundry room with a door. If I were her I'd make this move work and not whine about missing Tenn. bc really does she want to go back to the days of storing her stand mixer and her snacks on a shelf above her washer, you know where dirty underwear is sorted?

But the rooms themselves are VERY small and bc this is fundie world, for the girls there is really no upgrade. Before there were 4 kids in 2 sets of bunk beds in a tiny room, well now it'll still be 4 girls in 2 sets of beds in a tiny room with Prince Carson in his own room. Hopefully they at least give Prince Carson the smaller of the 2 rooms since he'll have his own, but with these people who knows.

• Like 4

Erin said they'll probably keep Finley in Carson's room for a while, but obviously that's not a permanent arrangement. Four girls will eventually be crammed in one bedroom regardless. 

Chad is continuing Paine Construction in Florida. My interpretation is he'll be doing the same thing he did in TN: small jobs for like-minded church friends. He won't have Trace and Warden working for him, so lack of employees and lack of licensure won't do him any favors. 

They've been vague about what their role is with this church. Chad has no qualifications to preach, although that certainly hasn't stopped a litany of other Fundie men. Maybe the Pastor is hoping Erin's social media following will draw new victims followers, but young people gravitate towards mega-churches, not small outfits, so who knows. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 5
14 minutes ago, cereality said:

Are they church planters and that got them a house for free like Jing/Jer had in Laredo Tx?

Jinger and Jeremy did not have free housing in Laredo.  Jeremy had a small apartment and Jinger moved in there when they married.  They bought a house that they sold when they moved to LA.  A church member did "temporarily" loan them a house when Jeremy began seminary.  That few months loan turned into years.  Hopefully they eventually began paying rent.

I'm among the people wondering about this Florida move for Erin and Chad.  What's driving it since Erin such a known homebody?  Maybe Chad needs a break from his in-laws. That seems to be to the most likely real motive and Chad is trying to cover it by finding church situations.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why would a landlord, even a sweet friend landlord, give 2 months free to their tenants in exchange for fixing up the wear and tear they caused?

Chad has done a ton of work and made a lot of upgrades to that house.  They’re leaving it in significantly better condition than it was in when they first moved there.  My mother has a rental house.  She would think she’d won the lottery if she had someone like Chad renting it.  If she did, she would deduct the cost of any labor and materials from the handyman’s rent payment.  Chad and Erin’s landlord might very well have done that.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

Lawson posted some pictures of construction work at his house, looks like all the Bates men and some in laws were there too. Didn’t watch enough to really see what exactly they were doing and I can’t stand Lawson’s voice so I didn’t listen either. This used to be how Chad spent all his time so I’m sure he was happy to be far away from another Bates family project.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Chad has done a ton of work and made a lot of upgrades to that house.  They’re leaving it in significantly better condition than it was in when they first moved there.  My mother has a rental house.  She would think she’d won the lottery if she had someone like Chad renting it.  If she did, she would deduct the cost of any labor and materials from the handyman’s rent payment.  Chad and Erin’s landlord might very well have done that.

The landlord certainly may have done that when Chad improved the kitchen. But everything else was cosmetic. One person's "upgrade" may be another's nightmare. And I don't think returning the interior to white is worth two months rent.

Your mother is a very generous landlord paying for the labor.

• Like 4

So far looks like the Paine’s are settling in, kitchen looks nice and fresh. KJ stopped by and dropped off either Jeb or Jud, I wonder where she’s jetting off to? Curious to see if she’s visiting Alyssa too. KJ obviously didn’t stay to help or anything like that, lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
On 1/7/2023 at 12:39 PM, Dehumidifier said:

Because he needs a fresh paint job on the house to rent it and painters aren't cheap. Normal wear and tear is expected in an occupied residence.

Painters are cheaper than two months' rent. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Painters are cheaper than two months' rent. 

Are you sure?

https://homeguide.com/costs/cost-to-hire-a-painter

Professional Painters Cost

Hiring professional painters' costs $300 to $800 to paint a 10×12 room and $700 to $1,300 for a 14×16 master bedroom. A bathroom costs $200 to $600 to paint, while a kitchen runs $180 to $550. Full interior painting costs $2,900 to $8,800, and repainting a house exterior is $2,600 to $5,700.

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
57 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Are you sure?

https://homeguide.com/costs/cost-to-hire-a-painter

Professional Painters Cost

Hiring professional painters' costs $300 to $800 to paint a 10×12 room and $700 to $1,300 for a 14×16 master bedroom. A bathroom costs $200 to $600 to paint, while a kitchen runs $180 to $550. Full interior painting costs $2,900 to $8,800, and repainting a house exterior is $2,600 to $5,700.

Quite.

For one, I very much doubt painters in BF, Tennessee cost that much. 

None of us knows if the landlord would pay for painting at all, if he'd pay for every room to be done, or if the exterior needed painting. In my unfortunate experience, small-time landlords won't paint, let alone pay someone else to do it, unless the walls are in truly bad condition or the previous paint job was an eyesore. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Quite.

For one, I very much doubt painters in BF, Tennessee cost that much. 

None of us knows if the landlord would pay for painting at all, if he'd pay for every room to be done, or if the exterior needed painting. In my unfortunate experience, small-time landlords won't paint, let alone pay someone else to do it, unless the walls are in truly bad condition or the previous paint job was an eyesore. 

Given the wide range of prices on that site I'm sure it is nationwide.

• Like 1

Evidently, Kelly Jo still isn't allowed to travel alone as she brought one of the little boys with her. I also am certain that her "visit" was NOT TO HELP Erin and Chad settle in their house and do ANY work at all...totally a pleasure visit for her as all of her visits with her children seem to be. Unless you are there to help, a visit from anyone when you are just moving in is an annoyance.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Evidently, Kelly Jo still isn't allowed to travel alone as she brought one of the little boys with her. I also am certain that her "visit" was NOT TO HELP Erin and Chad settle in their house and do ANY work at all...totally a pleasure visit for her as all of her visits with her children seem to be. Unless you are there to help, a visit from anyone when you are just moving in is an annoyance.

But she left alone, so it looks like her purpose was to do a cameo appearance and dump the kid with E&C.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 3
52 minutes ago, SMama said:

But she left alone, so it looks like her purpose was to do a cameo appearance and dum the kid with E&C.

She wasn’t alone in the car when she left.

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She wasn’t alone in the car when she left.

Appears she headed to the Webster home, probably dropping off one of the younger girls to help Alyssa. She also posted pictures of Flag Football, I guess Trace, Warden and maybe Isiah were playing in Tampa. Lydia posted pictures from Clearwater Beach which is a bit west of Tampa. Bates clan is too close to where I am! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They had other options for shorts. Other players were wearing more typical loose  gym style shorts.

They’ve even got the current Nazi youth haircut. Sickening chuds.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, SMama said:

Is Clearwater where the Scientology “church” has been buying most of the real estate? If true the Bates should feel right at home among other cult members.

Clearwater has had Scientologist church properties since the mid 70’s so I imagine they are still active in the real estate market.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 1/7/2023 at 12:58 PM, BitterApple said:

I think it'll depend on how much help the new church friends give her. If Erin finds an insecure sycophant to do all her grunt work the way Alyssa (and at one time Carlin) did, she'll be happy as a clam. If she's stuck with everything, she'll be whining to Chad in no time. One thing that floored me was when they got to the new house and Erin flippantly said Chad would have to build her a dining room table because they didn't have one. It's like, um, honey, no. Chad needs to focus on building his business so y'all can eat. Go buy a table from a thrift store and refinish it until you can afford something nicer. No wonder these two can never get ahead. 🙄

In today's video Chad is working on the table. It is 8 feet long and had to be only 25 inches across, due to the narrowness of the location it is going in. Butcher block top and simple bottom with posts made from standard size boards glued (I think glued) together. He couldn't find the wood in the size he needed so had to create it. The top is stained and she is going to paint the bottom.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Useful 2

Watching those kids outside without hats and sunglasses (I’m hoping they at least have sunscreen on) makes me sad 

I’m extremely careful with sun protection but still had to have a skin cancer removed last week 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

I hope their house has functional air conditioning because the summer heat and humidity will drive them all inside. I wonder who will pay that electric bill. I also wonder if John Webster and his "sweet HVAC family business" will ever be called to help and then will he. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Erin might want to re-think her children playing in a sand pile in Florida. Those kids will find themselves with fleas. Also, you have to be mindful of snakes. Someone really needs to school her on living here in Central Florida. Yes, I agree with earlier posts here that she should have purchased an already-made table. Chad needs to focus on his business and money making. The house looks nice so far; a paint job surely does a lot to improve a space. The contrast with the rooms not re-painted yet is quite noticeable. Erin, please enroll your children in school. I would imagine that this house has central air and heat already installed. It looks to be on acreage? 

• Like 6

I had both friends and family members move to FL late in the first year of the pandemic. They wanted the freedom to be outside all the time and not feel cooped up. My friends (a couple) moved back soon after the first FL summer. They felt they spent more time indoors escaping from the heat than they spent indoors escaping from the cold in New England.

Hopefully the Paines and their animals adjust well.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Erin might want to re-think her children playing in a sand pile in Florida. Those kids will find themselves with fleas. Also, you have to be mindful of snakes. Someone really needs to school her on living here in Central Florida. Yes, I agree with earlier posts here that she should have purchased an already-made table. Chad needs to focus on his business and money making. The house looks nice so far; a paint job surely does a lot to improve a space. The contrast with the rooms not re-painted yet is quite noticeable. Erin, please enroll your children in school. I would imagine that this house has central air and heat already installed. It looks to be on acreage? 

An 8 foot long 25 inch wide table would be very difficult to find, especially in a thrift shop as was suggested.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

she just posted a pic on her insta -- she looks pregnant....sorry do not know how to post it here, but maybe someone else will be able too....:)..would love to hear if you think its 5 baby belly or preggo....I had a baby belly with my first for quite a few months...second baby went right back into my clothes...

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I also thought right away that Erin looks like she's expecting again in the photo above. I understand it's not as easy to get back to your pre-baby belly but she does look suspiciously pregnant to me. 

I agree. That bump looks awfully high and rounded to be leftover baby belly. 

• Like 9