Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

I think the girls room is pretty. Chad does nice job building furniture.  However is it practical? The girl in the middle bunk will be bumping her head on the the bottom of the top bunk soon. And Erin saying that Finley will be able to sleep on that mattress on the floor for 3 years? Well maybe if they can keep her from growing.

Erin is making the best of this move but she said when watching Chad building the bookshelves that she can take them with her if they move. She is probably just counting the days until Chad decides to move. The area where the house is located looks so isolated from any neighbors. I guess this is the idea. 

• Like 5

My brothers had triple bunks back in the late 60s. Brother on the top bunk took a serious fall one night. I'm surprised they still make them! I think a regular bunk with a trundle would have been a wiser choice for the Paines.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I think a regular bunk with a trundle would have been a wiser choice for the Paines.

I thought the same.

I think the room is nice, and Chad does have talent.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

When she showed Carson's room recently she had the baby stuffed in a closet in his room. So has she moved her out to the girl's room?

They said the Murphy bed for Finley was for when she was ready for a bed... presumably she's still in Carson's closet until then.

• LOL 1

I would have done one regular bunk where the triple is and two low beds across the opposite wall, one being a crib mattress which is bigger than their 'murphy'. Each bed could sit on drawers. Then I would have removed the closet doors and made bookshelf/dressers and a wardrobe to hang dresses and "backpacks".

• Like 8
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

My brothers had triple bunks back in the late 60s. Brother on the top bunk took a serious fall one night. I'm surprised they still make them! I think a regular bunk with a trundle would have been a wiser choice for the Paines.

I had the impression that Chad made the triple bunk bed. Like you I  would be surprised if they sold these because of the danger of a kid getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and taking a bad fall or sitting up out of a deep sleep and knocking their head on the ceiling.  If I am not mistaken Alyssa and John had a regular bunk bed with a trundle for Zoey when she was trying to fit three girls in a bedroom in their rental house before Maci was born. 

Erin's girls are small but they won't be that small in a few years and cramming 4 girls in that bedroom is going to be a challenge. But Erin was raised with kids sleeping on the floor on mattresses so she probably thinks hey this is an upgrade. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

Google shows lots of triple bunk beds for sale, from Wayfair and other retailers. They're a bad idea whether they're bought or homemade. I might be biased -- I fell off a top bunk at a friend/cousin's house when I was a little kid. 

Why am I not surprised that a Bates put the only son in the bigger room and put four girls in one smaller room? 

14 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think it's the zip-up one-piece bedding that is popular for bunk beds. Chad was showing one of the girls how to zip it up.

It would still need to be changed at some point, though. (Unless you are Gil and Kelly Jo, and don't mind the filth.) It would be hard enough to change the sheets on a second bunk, let alone a third. Good luck, Chad. 

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It would still need to be changed at some point, though. (Unless you are Gil and Kelly Jo, and don't mind the filth.) It would be hard enough to change the sheets on a second bunk, let alone a third. Good luck, Chad. 

I just had a flash of "fan" fic. 

Erin: (chewing gum and smiling sweetly) Chad, dear? My 1/4 of an ovary is aching. I don't know if it's my monthlies or maybe I'm having another miracle baby! Could you please help the girls change the sheets on the triple bunk? Thank you, Sweetie. You're the best! Oh, and that reminds me! While you're in there, could you build some more shelves for the treasures I bought at the flea market? Carson & I drew up some plans at his built in desk. Thanks, Hon!

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

Thoughts on the girls’ room—

a—If they own the house, handy Chad should just add on a small bedroom and then split the girls 2x2. I think that would be easier in the long run. 
b—the bunks were small, but pretty sturdy as Chad was sitting in the top.

c-the bins that folded out were cool but I would have divided them down the middle so each girl could have a section. 
d-I would’ve put the hooks on the cabinet door and not in the actual cabinet. Seems like a waste of space. 
e—the shelves looked nice for a model home but doesn’t seem practical for a small room 4 girls are sharing. 

• Like 9

They're raising kids as if they are prisoners or Army recruits. Yet Erin seems to think it is necessary to decorate the room for the bunch of menopausal grandmas. I'm sorry but what little kids need portraits of THEMSELVES on the wall or shelves full of rosy wallpaper, fake plants, earth color vases, scented candles, and vintage bicycles. Sorry but what happened to kids having TOYS - you know colorful ones, educational ones etc. Love how she goes on about OMG BOOKS I want books everywhere bc that encourages kids to read while simultaneously going - that book is too yellow?! Uh??

I mean all of the bunks are claustrophic and it was perhaps the stupidest thing to built a murphy bed closed off by 2 bookshelves. They're like ok this kid will be able to sleep in it for 2 yrs. Uh then what? If your husband doesn't actually take on work for people who pay, do you think you're moving in just 2 yrs? They could have just not built the stupid shelves or built one set of shelves and then a twin sized bed. But oh nooo then things wouldn't be symmetric.

I mean I love how Erin went on about how all the beds need to be on 1 wall (bc stupid shelves and decor). Uh no - you could have had one regular bunk where the triple is and one across from it. Or you could have one bed as you walk in through the door, another where the shelves are across from the bunk, and then a bunk. Sure it'll look like a prison cell but that's how you're raising these kids.

I mean it's clear all this move and this house accomplished was having more living space so a family of 7 isn't squished onto 2 little couches + give Prince Carson his own room so he and his dick can have some privacy. I mean they had always said Carson couldn't share a room beyond age 8-9 and he turns 8 in weeks . . . so it works out for him. 

Who does Everly look like? That child is beautiful.

• Like 17
35 minutes ago, cereality said:

They're raising kids as if they are prisoners or Army recruits. Yet Erin seems to think it is necessary to decorate the room for the bunch of menopausal grandmas. I'm sorry but what little kids need portraits of THEMSELVES on the wall or shelves full of rosy wallpaper, fake plants, earth color vases, scented candles, and vintage bicycles. Sorry but what happened to kids having TOYS - you know colorful ones, educational ones etc. Love how she goes on about OMG BOOKS I want books everywhere bc that encourages kids to read while simultaneously going - that book is too yellow?! Uh??

I mean all of the bunks are claustrophic and it was perhaps the stupidest thing to built a murphy bed closed off by 2 bookshelves. They're like ok this kid will be able to sleep in it for 2 yrs. Uh then what? If your husband doesn't actually take on work for people who pay, do you think you're moving in just 2 yrs? They could have just not built the stupid shelves or built one set of shelves and then a twin sized bed. But oh nooo then things wouldn't be symmetric.

I mean I love how Erin went on about how all the beds need to be on 1 wall (bc stupid shelves and decor). Uh no - you could have had one regular bunk where the triple is and one across from it. Or you could have one bed as you walk in through the door, another where the shelves are across from the bunk, and then a bunk. Sure it'll look like a prison cell but that's how you're raising these kids.

I mean it's clear all this move and this house accomplished was having more living space so a family of 7 isn't squished onto 2 little couches + give Prince Carson his own room so he and his dick can have some privacy. I mean they had always said Carson couldn't share a room beyond age 8-9 and he turns 8 in weeks . . . so it works out for him. 

Who does Everly look like? That child is beautiful.

The whole thing is disgusting.  The kids, especially the girls, merely exist to be props in Erin's social media feed.  That bedroom is an abomination, there is no reason for those poor little girls to be shoehorned into that tiny room.  
Take the shelves and the crapola out of there and put it in the living room which is fairly spacious from what we've seen.  No kid is going to hang out in that prison cell of a room to read.  They will sleep in there and then not go in there again until bedtime rolls around again.  The only decor needs to be a nice wall color that the older girls can choose for themselves and maybe a couple of colorful posters.

I grew up in a family that had 4 girls and 1 boy for a while and 2 bedrooms for kids.  My parents put 3 girls in 1 room (think the arrangement in the Brady Bunch girls' room) and then my brother and I slept in twin beds in the smallest room.  We did it for a couple of years until we moved and, yet, my brother didn't turn gay.  We all know that's the main reason Carson has to be kept away from his sisters, wouldn't want him to become gay from it.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
  • Love 4

Yeah I thought I saw Michael in Everly too. 

Agreed this is 100% about Carson's sexuality. You know they're already worried about it because they were only able to give him 4 sisters and they feel guilty about that and pray for another boy non stop. But to have him have a sister or 2 in his room so they aren't raised as prisoners - the horror - what if that actually makes him gay? It's ok, the sisters can suffer while Carson gets his own room + trips to Cali and whatever else bc as Alyssa clarified "that's how boys are treated."

And while the room design is utterly stupid, Chad is clearly talented. Why on earth do these idiots not work for other people and make money before they get too old?? I mean he's only 36 but the oldest 36 yr old in the world, which I have to imagine in large part is due to the financial stress of having a 7 person family raised on freaking odd jobs.

Doesn't seem like he's reprised the contractor business in Fla which isn't shocking given that he probably needs to be licensed etc before getting jobs in a state which has a lot of hurricane and water concerns. And IDK how big their church is, but they don't know and love him yet. Not to mention as people are spending more and more money on food, utilities and everything else I'm thinking they're much more inclined to live with their kitchen or flooring even if they don't love it. So I don't imagine there are a lot of jobs from sweet friends.

I know it's all the fundie BS of working for yourself so you can invest in your kids blah blah, but clearly that ain't working out for you as you stack kids like firewood into rental homes that are far too small. He could go work for a construction company/any kind of contractor, all of whom are having a huge problem finding the next gen of tradesmen and they'd even pay for him to get licensed etc, pay him nearly 100k and oh yeah bc he's a white guy who speaks English, who do you think would be made manager in like a yr?

Do we know what actually precipitated the move to Fla specifically? Bc don't her grandparents live in NC (or SC?) He's talented with making furniture, that part of the country is furniture country - where they also have massive issues hiring bc the current US furniture makers are on average in their 50-60s and as they retire, the next gen isn't really going into the industry.

Frankly I hope he's making furniture piece by piece and selling it to furniture companies or small shops. I don't think he is but that's the type of thing where there is $ as you get NYC elites who want the perfect whatever and are willing to pay those small furniture shops. I think he tried to have that biz at one point in his marriage - like maybe early on when he worked at the metals shop - and every time he made something whether a dining table or a china cabinet or whatever, his stupid wife would demand one for herself . . . as if that takes no time or $ away from the business. He ultimately abandoned that business.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

Erin doesn't seem to get the fact that the more hours Chad spends catering to her design whims, the less hours he's available to take paying jobs.

And yes, if he got his shit together he could be making bank. My uncle lives in Naples, FL and has a friend who does custom cabinetry. I'm not sure of the exact specifics, but whatever technique or detailing he does is extremely rare and he's one of the few who has this skill. As a result, his rates are insane, and there's plenty of people with oceanfront mansions willing to pay for it. Maybe Chad only does jobs for like-minded people. He and Erin have sunk deeper into the Kool-Aid, so I wonder how much they even deal with the outside world? 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
16 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

The decorations Erin put on the shelves were ridiculous.  I can only hope that after she "staged" it for the camera she took that crap away and put the girls' things on those shelves.

She won't move anything. She is all about appearances. I wasn't clear where the girls put their clothes. Erin is totally impractical like that.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

If you guys recall, Erin did a similar design disaster for Tori's boys' room. There was easily enough space to fit two twin beds with a nightstand in between, but she went with a trundle and had Chad build a huge shelving unit right up the middle of the wall. I'm honestly surprised Tori ok'd it, but I guess kids sleeping on the floor is what they're used to. 🤷

• Sad 8
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

The decorations Erin put on the shelves were ridiculous.  I can only hope that after she "staged" it for the camera she took that crap away and put the girls' things on those shelves.

The girls don’t have things. I’ve never seen a house with so many kids and almost no toys. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
8 hours ago, SMama said:

The girls don’t have things. I’ve never seen a house with so many kids and almost no toys. 

The girls cannot have things.  Where would Erin put her decorative touches if she had to worry about the girls' toys or clothes or sports equipment?  As long as the photos of their room look good on the 'gram (in Erin's warped opinion), the kids' possessions are irrelevant.  As are the kids except so Erin can keep score with her sisters and the rest of the fundie crwod.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Does anyone know what Chad's paying job is in Florida? He "works" for a church of some sort but no info on what he actually does for them for PAY. Those bedrooms are awful for the children...I agree, no toys, nothing personal there, really. Impractical beds, silly knickknacks. Erin is not a good "decorator" IMO. She lives in her own world.

• Like 10

I have never seen anyone obsess over decorating shelves in a kids’ room like that. 🙄

Those girls could care less about decorative vases and fake plants. What a waste of money.

Erin may not indulge in Starbucks every day or buy her children fancy trendy clothes but she wastes money on other things like useless decorative items. I’m sure the girls would have preferred a few toys instead.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 11

There was a time in my life when I wanted everything around me "perfect" what in my mind meant perfect to me.  A precipitating event got me into therapy.  For me, and only me, I learned that external things were all I thought I could control.  Of course, Erin will only pray and maybe that will help, if it even becomes obvious to her - or, I am totally off base and she just has bad decorating skills and lame parenting.  And Chad is too weak or just like her to step up.  Poor kids.  I wonder if she sends them outside all day in the blistering Florida heat/humidity.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

Erin made a video on depression fairly recently. Of course, it was all "pray it away" She became afflicted around the time she lost most of her ovaries. 

At any rate, she appears "cured," and thinks she's the bees knees as a designer. She's going to keep on being impractical until Chad finally puts his foot down and stops her. But these days, they fancy themselves a great team. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know what Chad's paying job is in Florida? He "works" for a church of some sort but no info on what he actually does for them for PAY. Those bedrooms are awful for the children...I agree, no toys, nothing personal there, really. Impractical beds, silly knickknacks. Erin is not a good "decorator" IMO. She lives in her own world.

Chad said he would be continuing Paine Construction in FL, whatever that means. I think we assumed he's doing some sort of work for their church because they mentioned this place as the main reason they moved, but I don't know. They're so weirdly evasive about the whole thing. 

• Like 5

Weird evasiveness in fundies ALWAYS means that they aren't working/aren't working FT/are just getting by with some random sources of income. 

Chad is very much on the Gil track - I'm gonna live MY BELIEFS, if my children suffer, oh well. I really think he and Erin don't deal with anyone outside their brand of Christian. That cuts off a lot of opportunities. He could go work for a licensed contractor, construction co, or furniture factory but OMG all the coworkers may not be Christian or may not be HIS kind of Christians. He could get in with some smaller furniture shops/designers and sell them furniture piece by piece for really handsome amounts. But gasp a lot of those kinds of furniture boutiques catering to the $$$ clienteles in NYC or Palm Beach or Naples or Nashville/Asheville/Charlotte are often owned by women and/or have women running the design teams. I mean Chad sitting down with a woman whose normal attire may be a short skirt and a blouse that could even be sleeveless or show a bit of cleavage to discuss the $5000 custom dining table that their customer needs!? NEVER. His kids can be stacked like firewood, it's fine.

While I don't think their hurting for food right now, esp bc little kids don't eat a ton, I think just like Gil - Chad would even be fine with that. That's probably the one aspect where they're pleased to have only one boy. After all when all these kids get to be preteens, if there's only one extra slice of pizza, one extra piece of meatloaf left, or only one kid can get a 2nd glass of milk, sorry Brookie - Carson is a growing boy, he needs it, plus remember girls are supposed to be petite and dainty, one slice of pizza is plenty for you.

I mean it isn't exactly rocket science when you look at these families where kids tell that they had to fight over a scrap of leftover steak, the first son/older sons were still pretty portly and of ok height (Zach; Josh Duggar; JD Duggar) while the brothers down the line were scrawny and short (Josiah Duggar; Trace; Jackson Bates etc).

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Poor kids.  I wonder if she sends them outside all day in the blistering Florida heat/humidity.

And yeah it's my sense that those kids are outside ALL THE TIME. Nothing wrong with being outdoors of course, but it seems like they sit out there for things that are more comfortably done indoors like school, drawing etc.?! What is that about -- there's just the one great room, mama needs a break, so you're basically outside 6 hrs/day? I mean they only moved in Dec/Jan so to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they just really like being outside in nice weather. But that's pretty much coming to an end now in Orlando and it'll be too gross to be coloring outdoors again until like Oct.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, cereality said:

After all when all these kids get to be preteens, if there's only one extra slice of pizza, one extra piece of meatloaf left, or only one kid can get a 2nd glass of milk, sorry Brookie - Carson is a growing boy, he needs it, plus remember girls are supposed to be petite and dainty, one slice of pizza is plenty for you.

This enrages me 😡. Fuck these toxic, sexist attitudes.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Some comments on the instagram post:

B2282780-A172-47B4-946C-B10844344717.jpeg

Lawson acting like a demented asshole chud, even on social media 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3

I'm surprised it took her this long.  And why are kids praying for babies for either their own mother or one of their relatives?  This is just getting inappropriate.  Also, all of these people need to quit with "Let's goooo!"  I was flipping channels and saw some guy do it on a commercial and wished I could slap him through the TV.

So where do they plan to put yet another kid?  Especially if it's not the boy they are making Carson pray for constantly.  I really hoped some of these second generation kids would remember the poverty they lived in before TV and not just have kid after kid irresponsibly.  I have been greatly disappointed.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Of course. Yet another kid to cram in there.

The obsession with giving Carson a brother is ridiculous. Also, it’s not like a boy would be a companion or playmate at this point. The age difference is too big.

I really don’t understand these people and their endless parades of kids.

• Like 16

The obsession with BROTHER FOR CARSON is such that they have zero rationality at this point. Carson is what 8-ish? So yeah when Carson is 14 or 18, he’ll surely think of his 6 or 10 year old brother as his best friend bc he has a dick. I’m sure they’re like oh it doesn’t matter bc they’ll have a “sweet bond” like Trace and Jeb/Jud whichever is his buddy. Uh great Trace takes Jeb/Jud out to ice cream on their bday yearly, does a few skiing runs yearly, and maybe throws a football with them for 5 min when he visits. Is this crap REALLY worth risking your life for??

As much as I snark on them, I wish everyone good health and I just think that certain of these girls are pushing their bodies in ways that could just not end well - Erin comes to mind, as well as Carlin (who I assume is now even MORE ready for #3 bc as she said what am I supposed to do ONLY have 2 - even though I don’t like kids?!). I mean aside from all her gyn surgeries doesn’t Erin have the clotting disorder too? I know there are shots blah blah but I feel like those things are safe to do like 1-3 times, not pushing your body to bear kid #6 like 18 mos after having kid #5 which was prob only a yr after gyn surgeries?!

And Chad you’re the oldest 36 yr old I’ve ever seen, so good luck with 6 kids on an odd job salary. Fear not daughters - if it’s another girl, we can fit someone on a mat on the floor under the triple bunk. If it’s a boy, Prince Carson you better start considering that you are about to lose the special place you have in that family as yours isn’t going to be the only pediatric sized dick in that house and oh yeah you’re room sharing again.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5

I haven't watched the video, but good grief. I eye-rolled Alyssa announcing her pregnancy with Rhett, but at least her husband has a real job, they own a home and aren't dependent upon the good will of church friends. Chad and Erin are positively nuts. Chad's income fluctuates, they've been in rentals for a decade, they still don't have enough space for their existing brood and Erin has a boatload of pre-existing health conditions. On what planet do all those factors add up to "Let's keep having babies!."?

And I agree it's bizarre that they keep involving the children in these matters. I remember one of Josie's reels where she was holding a nephew (Rhett, I think?) and she told one of her girls to run and tell Daddy you want a brother. You could tell she was lighthearted about it though, whereas with Erin you get the sense she's actually drilling and badgering her kids to pray for more siblings. It's also incredibly unfair to put that burden on them. So if Mommy doesn't have a baby, do they internalize it as their fault? They didn't pray enough or pray the right way? They lacked obedience? It's such a shitty thing to do. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 2