Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Did they want to avoid an awkward reunion with Zach and Whit? 

Or they had seen most of the family at ILY day, including Jackson and Emerson, which I’m sure wasn’t cheap for them to attend (gas alone must have been expensive). 🤷‍♀️ The Bates family dynamics are soap opera worthy. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Or they had seen most of the family at ILY day, including Jackson and Emerson, which I’m sure wasn’t cheap for them to attend (gas alone must have been expensive). 🤷‍♀️ The Bates family dynamics are soap opera worthy. 

You need a scorecard to know who’s avoiding who. In her video about ILY day Erin mentioned how good it was to see Tori and KJ. Oh and everyone else too. 

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I just had a random thought. With all the talk of Trace flying down to FL for Jackson's engagement and Carlin being left out of the loop, I totally forgot about Erin. She wasn't there either, and if I'm not mistaken she's only a couple of hours from Orlando. They drove to have lunch with Gil and Kelly when the latter two were on a layover, so I'm a little surprised they didn't attend the engagement plus the dinner. Maybe they were just busy that weekend, but usually these folks take any opportunity to meet up with family. Did they want to avoid an awkward reunion with Zach and Whit? 

Noticed the same but my thought is was this was very much a Jackson controlled event - where he invited who he wanted which was Zach, Trace, and Alyssa and their spouses. This didn't seem like a woohooo G&K - the more the merrier type of event, where people like Carlin or Erin could join in without being invited.

For all we know Jackson only shared the exact date and plans with those 3 siblings weeks in advance so they could block out that weekend/buy tickets, but for the rest of his siblings - they found out after the fact/via IG or via like a family group text a few days before saying - hey I'm doing this, getting engaged this weekend.

Z&W said the dinner afterwards was with his Jackson's fiance's parents/siblings and how Z&W hadn't met them before. It's quite possible Jackson didn't want to bring every sibling to that just bc they are bored/lonely in their new home, need YT content, or whatever -- like he may have wanted a better foot forward with his side meeting the inlaws and last way that happens is if it's obvious that Whit and Erin won't look at each other or sit by each other or loudass Carlin and her husband show up with that camera around his neck.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Another thing I noticed in the ILY day videos was that Brandon & Michael were working like crazy, setting up games, decorating and helping people with costumes. KJ as usual isn’t doing much beforehand. Yet she seems to get all the thanks and praise. Poor Michael is the family worker who doesn’t want attention, exact opposite of KJ.

• Like 3
  • Sad 13
15 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Another thing I noticed in the ILY day videos was that Brandon & Michael were working like crazy, setting up games, decorating and helping people with costumes. KJ as usual isn’t doing much beforehand. Yet she seems to get all the thanks and praise. Poor Michael is the family worker who doesn’t want attention, exact opposite of KJ.

I noticed how much Brandon and Michael were doing too, like it was their party.  They did all the decorating and setting up the games.  Erin never offered to help when filming.  I guess Kelly put it off on them but got all the credit.  

So, Whit & Zach made no appearance for ILYD even though they live close by, and Erin and Chad made no appearance at Jackson's engagement dinner even though they live close by.  The feud must be really big.  One of those, "if they are there, we will not be."  

Carlin was at ILYD but Erin had no pictures of her and Carlin in her ILYD recap.  

Carlin and Erin were very close growing up.  I remember Carlin crying when she realized that Erin would be moving out of the house when she got married.  Erin set Carlin and Evan up.  Erin and Carlin went into business together.  And now they don't acknowledge each other.  

• Sad 8
35 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

The feud must be really big.  One of those, "if they are there, we will not be."  

I agree. Whatever happened cut really deep. Even if Jackson didn't want the engagement to be a Bates free for all, Zach and Whit have been vacationing in Florida since the proposal. They were at Alyssa's house yesterday. It would've been a prime opportunity to visit and get the kids together especially since Z&W didn't attend ILYD. It definitely feels like deliberate avoidance at this point. 

• Like 6

No matter how sweetly Erin smiles in her videos, she still gives off mean girl vibes. The longer this avoidance lasts, the harder it will be to fix. I think the days of all 19 kids and their families showing up for ILY day are over. It will be interesting to see who shows up at Jackson’s wedding and who is in the wedding party. 

• Like 9
On 3/13/2023 at 8:09 PM, ozziemom said:

Yeah that's how Kelly operates. She does none of the work but makes sure she gets all the credit.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

It’s more expensive than a keyboard and she has had it for awhile. Erin said when they moved she knew they would have space for either her electronic piano, or her regular piano. She chose the e piano because of its recording capabilities. What I find interesting is that the new house has more space than their cottage. Where did she keep it there? Then again E&C also had a full size treadmill they gave to L&T. That cottage must be like Snoopy’s dog house which has several rooms, and a basement. 😂

• LOL 9

Erin is now doing podcasts. This first one is on anxiety and depression. Someone said reading the bible wasn't enough, thank goodness for meds. Erin replied that she hasn't needed meds, and she is talking about what works for her. 

IOW, read your bible. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 7
8 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Erin is now doing podcasts. This first one is on anxiety and depression. Someone said reading the bible wasn't enough, thank goodness for meds. Erin replied that she hasn't needed meds, and she is talking about what works for her. 

IOW, read your bible. 🙄

Because that worked miracles with Carlin. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

IOW, read your bible. 🙄

Like Jessa, Erin can go fuck herself.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6

It's almost as if raising kids in a chaotic setting with no consistent schedules or parenting + giving them no education + giving them no look at the real world outside of home and church families who are exactly like yours + making them scared of the world [can't go to college - there's green haired kids there] + falsely indoctrinating them to believe that all you have to do is BIBLE + MARRY and your life will be PERFECT = setting them up for depression/anxiety.

I mean how many of these babes in fundie world have openly admitted to anxiety/depression now - Erin, Carlin, Jill Duggar, Michaela doesn't say the words but she says she questions her faith and while I think she may have more acceptance now that they may not have kids she has talked before of just lying in bed all morning crying and Brandon would be so sweet to her and go get her coffees and flowers . . . .

I mean if the Bible was gonna make life PERFECT then why does Erin only have 1 boy plus has/had Long Covid which affected her health and fertility and now may or may not have any more kids, plus hasn't been able to get any suitable housing for their brood until so recently? Why does Carlin have her health issues and why oh why is she NOT happy when she has the fundie perfection of man + 2 babies?? And Michaela devout as she is - no babies.

It's as if G&K - and all fundies - shouldn't have raised their kids on false promises of - oh if you are devout your life is perfect, all those OTHER people who lose their jobs or homes or are infertile or depressed or aren't in love with their spouse, oh that's just because they aren't as GODLY as us, it's their own damn fault.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

IOW, read your bible. 🙄

That can be a very dangerous, and even fatal message to be putting out.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
On 3/22/2023 at 6:41 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

For a lot of fundies, illness (mental or otherwise) is a result of unrepented sin or “letting the devil get a foothold” into your life.  

I remember Derwood posting a sermon outline when they were in Danger America where he essentially said that depression was the result of sin.  I still think Jill D had postpartum issues with Izzy.  Sadly, so many people buy into the narrative, so they don't get help when they need it.  even some more progressive people have fallen into the trap that depression can be fixed by just talking to your pastor.

• Sad 7
  • Useful 1

Erin has a recent video in which she interviews Chad's mother. Part of it is his mother talking about teaching her kids manners, including at the dinner table. Erin says how amazed she was when she met the family and they didn't "scarf down their food." She didn't say her family did exactly but...

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Erin has a recent video in which she interviews Chad's mother. Part of it is his mother talking about teaching her kids manners, including at the dinner table. Erin says how amazed she was when she met the family and they didn't "scarf down their food." She didn't say her family did exactly but...

It reminds me of Jill Duggar talking about hiding in the bathroom to eat. If you look at the old recipes (if you can call them that) Kelly had on her blog it was very clear it wasn’t enough for growing children. I remember the fried bologna on white bread, topped with a scoop of instant mashed potatoes. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 9

IMO, none of these mothers teach their children how to eat. They assign their high chairs out in "Siberia" well away from the dining table and have to fend for themselves even before they have any real hand/eye coordination. I doubt that the kids get enough food in them. When at the table, they are rarely seated properly and have horrid table manners. Why don't they FEED their children when they are too young to feed themselves and then teach them how to hold a FORK and SPOON? I fed my children by hand with proper child-sized utensils; not large tablespoons for an 18 month old like I have seen in their videos. Just awful if you ask me.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

It does seem that in every fundie home of these people, the baby and his/her high chair are out in Siberia. I always sat right next to my babies and monitored/helped them with eating. They are part of the family, so they sat with us. Sadly, it seems that elders are also set apart from the family for eating. The times of life when you most need to communicate and may need help, you are out in "Siberia" as @floridamomsaid. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Although they still could move them closer, the trendy high chairs have a very wide base, so they can't get very close to the table. Or I guess they could side to side. 

Style over kids seems to be the motto of Fundies and influencers.

And yea, I hand fed my kids too. I would let them practice feeding themselves with 'desert' - a handful of Cheerios.

• Like 7

My daughter put the high chair at the end of the table.  The infants and very young toddlers got to be king or queen of the table for a few months.  She had a straight leg high chair that was more like a booster that they moved to at around 18 months in their designated spot at the table which was next to a parent.  

I'm guessing that having a permanent kid at the end of the table is too much for fundies.  A parent would have to give up the spot.  Oddly none of my kids sit at the end of the table.  

Anything slightly inconvenient gets shuffled to the side with fundies. 

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Absolom said:

My daughter put the high chair at the end of the table.  The infants and very young toddlers got to be king or queen of the table for a few months.  She had a straight leg high chair that was more like a booster that they moved to at around 18 months in their designated spot at the table which was next to a parent.  

I'm guessing that having a permanent kid at the end of the table is too much for fundies.  A parent would have to give up the spot.  Oddly none of my kids sit at the end of the table.  

Anything slightly inconvenient gets shuffled to the side with fundies. 

Fundie parents seem to sit together at one end of the table. I've seen the Duggars and Rods both do that. Headship at the end, helpmeet off to the side, diagonally. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I hand fed my kids too. I think it’s a generational thing.  These days letting the baby feed themselves seems to be the favoured practice.  My one year old grandson feeds himself and OMG what a mess after every meal. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
20 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

My uncle, one of six children, eats fast. My aunt said his siblings do too. But Chad has a lot of siblings , doesn't he?

2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

My uncle, one of six children, eats fast. My aunt said his siblings do too. But Chad has a lot of siblings , doesn't he?

I think there’s ten Paine  kidults.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Chad is one of 10. Given that he's a junior (or III), he probably get preferential treatment. 

On 3/28/2023 at 12:32 PM, GeeGolly said:

Although they still could move them closer, the trendy high chairs have a very wide base, so they can't get very close to the table. Or I guess they could side to side. 

Style over kids seems to be the motto of Fundies and influencers.

And yea, I hand fed my kids too. I would let them practice feeding themselves with 'desert' - a handful of Cheerios.

I think the widening of the bases in recent years is to make them more tip proof.

Chad's mom is 59, had 10 kids, and looks great.

• Like 1

Okay can we discuss the fact they’re shoving four very young girls into what looks like the smallest room in the house and she’s filling up the shelves with absolutely useless crap to fit her decorating “theme” that none of those girls will be interested in. It’s painful to watch and it’s like her HGTV audition reel 🙄

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
40 minutes ago, writerwoman said:

Okay can we discuss the fact they’re shoving four very young girls into what looks like the smallest room in the house and she’s filling up the shelves with absolutely useless crap to fit her decorating “theme” that none of those girls will be interested in. It’s painful to watch and it’s like her HGTV audition reel 🙄

Did Eryn show the girls' room?

That set-up is absolutely ridiculous, especially the triple bunk bed. Those poor girls are going to conk their heads every time they sit up. I felt claustrophobic just looking at it. Erin also wasted an entire wall with that stupid ottoman, pictures and book shelves.

She needs to realize, yeah, aesthetic is great when you have the square footage to display the frilly things, but when you have children stacked like cordwood, you need to maximize your space. 

If your children's bedroom looks like a fancier version of a prison dorm, then maybe it's time to stop having kids. They clearly can't afford them. 

• Like 19
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I haven't seen E&C's room yet, but I'm guessing its bigger and more suitable for four growing girls.

Somehow this bigger space almost seems smaller than their old place.

Erin commented that they would have to give up the master for the girls. It was CHAD who emphatically said no. 

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2
47 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If your children's bedroom looks like a fancier version of a prison dorm, then maybe it's time to stop having kids. They clearly can't afford them. 

I worked in a jail and we didn’t let inmates use the top bunk unless absolutely necessary because it’s too dangerous. For the inmates. The random crap on the shelves and the play by play of her setting it all up though is what truly sent me over.

• Sad 4
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Somehow this bigger space almost seems smaller than their old place.

I had the same thought as I watched the video. I think their living/kitchen area is larger, but the bedrooms are tiny and the girls don't have any more space than they did in the cottage. They really needed a four bedroom place, but grifters can't be choosers, I guess. 

• Like 7

How depressing. I mean, the triple bunk beds are bad enough but that slipshod Murphy bed on the floor! Like @Salacious Kitty said, what will they do when she grows out if it in year or two? I guess, God will provide. 

Why do Chad and Erin need a big room to screw in? I guess the son has a pretty sweet set-up. Must be nice.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

So Chad built the bookcases, beds, recovered the toy chest, painted, wallpapered, made the pint-sized murphy bed, put the (way cool) sheets/comforters on the beds and hung the stuff on the walls.

I hope Erin didn't exert herself too much switching out the green book and moving the little mirror.

• Like 3
  • LOL 14
1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

When she showed Carson's room recently she had the baby stuffed in a closet in his room. So has she moved her out to the girl's room?

I guess Carson needed his privacy!

• Sad 2
  • LOL 2

When does Chad have time to work for actual pay? The man looks more and more worn out in every video. Erin must spend a lot of time shopping for all those useless knickknacks on the girls shelves. I noticed she commented that she loves to use books in her decor as it encourages reading. Ok that’s good! But what happens if one of the girls puts the green book in the wrong place afterwards? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4