Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Whitney: The Constable and the Carhop

• Start Topic

There is no way that the boutique and Zack's part time job with the police department brings in enough money for them to be living the lifestyle that the are living. So much of this big time spending started around the time that Whitney's father died. She may have come into a nice inheritance or was the beneficiary of a large life insurance policy and they are blowing through this money fast. Getting  loans to buy an expensive  car and their house comes with large monthly payments. And speaking of their house didn't they just about gut the house to complete all of the extensive renovations that they made on the house?  Even with a lot of free labor there probably were huge outlays of cash for material, appliances, furniture and any work that the Bates boys weren't able to perform. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
4 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

There is no way that the boutique and Zack's part time job with the police department brings in enough money for them to be living the lifestyle that the are living. So much of this big time spending started around the time that Whitney's father died. She may have come into a nice inheritance or was the beneficiary of a large life insurance policy and they are blowing through this money fast. 

Agreed. Given the years-long estrangement between Whit and her parents, I could see her dad trying to make up for it by listing her as a beneficiary on his insurance. I don't think she got "set for life" money, but it may have been a tidy enough sum to afford a few years of flashy living. I was wondering if maybe they leased the Yukon, but even then the payment wouldn't be cheap. 

I agree the Boutique does okay, but if it was that successful, Zach wouldn't be picking up deputy shifts. Also, judging by their last cash and carry, the thrill may be waning. Whenever they showed video at the warehouse, it looked like a big crowd on the surface, but subtract the husbands and children who tagged along with the women and it's several dozen customers at most. It'll also be interesting to see if Whit and Carlin can maintain their partnership long term. Everything may be gravy now, but what happens when sales slow or we hit a recession? Evan brings absolutely nothing to the table, and he and Carlin are constantly taking off. Are Zach and Whit okay with carrying the load for the foreseeable future? 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Agreed. Given the years-long estrangement between Whit and her parents, I could see her dad trying to make up for it by listing her as a beneficiary on his insurance. I don't think she got "set for life" money, but it may have been a tidy enough sum to afford a few years of flashy living. I was wondering if maybe they leased the Yukon, but even then the payment wouldn't be cheap. 

I agree the Boutique does okay, but if it was that successful, Zach wouldn't be picking up deputy shifts. Also, judging by their last cash and carry, the thrill may be waning. Whenever they showed video at the warehouse, it looked like a big crowd on the surface, but subtract the husbands and children who tagged along with the women and it's several dozen customers at most. It'll also be interesting to see if Whit and Carlin can maintain their partnership long term. Everything may be gravy now, but what happens when sales slow or we hit a recession? Evan brings absolutely nothing to the table, and he and Carlin are constantly taking off. Are Zach and Whit okay with carrying the load for the foreseeable future? 

I am curious how much Whitney got from her father. It had to be a lot given all the spending they've done. 

• Like 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I am curious how much Whitney got from her father. It had to be a lot given all the spending they've done. 

Even if it was a lot, with spending the money they have been  (from the outside looking in) and four, almost five kids, the money will only last so long.  I know they aren't thinking about college for the kids or even their own retirement.  I guess they just figure the kids will take care of them in their old age.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 6
55 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

Even if it was a lot, with spending the money they have been  (from the outside looking in) and four, almost five kids, the money will only last so long.  I know they aren't thinking about college for the kids or even their own retirement.  I guess they just figure the kids will take care of them in their old age.  

I need to stop expecting fundie money make sense.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

I can’t understand how they can continue dropping $$$ on cars, vacations, etc. There’s no way the boutique, influencing and the occasional shifts working for a small town police department can give them that kind of income. It just doesn’t add up.

There is speculation over on Reddit that the car is being written off as a business expense. Also someone suggested that her dad’s business was sold and Whitney got money from that, or that he had multiple life insurance policies so she and her mom could benefit. 
It just all seems very shady to me.

My son has a very good job. He and his wife have 3 kids. She is a SAHM mostly because he travels quite a bit and if she did work her whole salary would go to pay for daycare. They were very lucky that mortgage rates were low when they bought their house in 2021.  But they certainly don’t buy 100K vehicles, 10K ranges, etc, and they are done having kids.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I can’t understand how they can continue dropping $$$ on cars, vacations, etc. There’s no way the boutique, influencing and the occasional shifts working for a small town police department can give them that kind of income. It just doesn’t add up.

There is speculation over on Reddit that the car is being written off as a business expense. Also someone suggested that her dad’s business was sold and Whitney got money from that, or that he had multiple life insurance policies so she and her mom could benefit. 
It just all seems very shady to me.

My son has a very good job. He and his wife have 3 kids. She is a SAHM mostly because he travels quite a bit and if she did work her whole salary would go to pay for daycare. They were very lucky that mortgage rates were low when they bought their house in 2021.  But they certainly don’t buy 100K vehicles, 10K ranges, etc, and they are done having kids.

The truck being  business expense could make sense, but like everyone else, I don't understand how a semi-employed public servant in Tennessee and purveyor of cheap frocks could produce enough income for the entire family.  I'm thinking insurance, mortgage payments...Sure, I guess they don't need to save for college, but still, it doesn't add up.

• Like 11

Writing the car off as a business expense doesn't pay for the car. What is does is reduce the amount owed in taxes or increase the amount of the return. I forget what the formula is but they'll still be paying nearly the total cost of the vehicle.

Plus, I don't know how it could or would work for them because they're technically self-employed, so which taxes would they claim it on BSB or personal?

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Writing the car off as a business expense doesn't pay for the car. What is does is reduce the amount owed in taxes or increase the amount of the return. I forget what the formula is but they'll still be paying nearly the total cost of the vehicle.

Plus, I don't know how it could or would work for them because they're technically self-employed, so which taxes would they claim it on BSB or personal?

What if they leased it and the boutique covers the monthly payments? 

• Useful 3
6 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Then C&E would be driving a Tesla right now. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Then they would eat into BSB's profits paying for a car they have to give back at the end of the lease. Not a good business decision and its still using their own money.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Yeah, whether it’s a lease car paid by BSB or Z&W, it’s still cash paid out. Even if they try to write off as business expenses (which this vehicle really isn’t) it’s still cash out of pocket. Not very savvy unless BSB is very profitable. Tax write offs only help if there’s income to offset. I imagine the profit margins are pretty slim but I doubt any of them actually know this.

• Like 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, SMama said:

Is the Stew Crew going to join W&Z on vacation or are they also getting tired of C&E’s extra energy, and 24/7 quest for something to do.

Don't give them any ideas! Carlin posted from the Boutique this morning, so I guess she had to show up for work. I imagine she and Evan will be running off to his parents, the moment Z&W get back. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
(edited)

As I said in another thread, I realize students are of different ages, etc., this one made me chuckle too. Back to school collection:

632DC46E-628B-42EA-A128-1E23C3877218.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • LOL 12

This is a first for me - seeing maternity wear as part of a back-to-school collection of clothes.

Maybe Staples should feature breast pumps amongst its notebooks and pencil boxes and Walmart could feature strollers.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This is a first for me - seeing maternity wear as part of a back-to-school collection of clothes.

Maybe Staples should feature breast pumps amongst its notebooks and pencil boxes and Walmart could feature strollers.

KJ was seen modeling a fugly long tee shirt dress in the Back to School collection. Not sure any of them understand what back to school clothes actually are……

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I doubt it's maternity. Fundies have taken to wearing their regular clothes deep into pregnancy. The tighter the better to show off their godly bumps. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Aren't "Back-To-School" clothes for the students???? What part of this don't they understand.

And these are clothes that they approve of for children/students? It doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 5

Do they have no idea what kids or teachers wear to school since they all homeschool and were homeschooled? Or did it just seem like a good name for a collection of clothes? Maybe the new people hired at BSB mentioned other stores have Back to School sales so BSB decided to have a collection too?

• Like 6
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hope so. Hope they feature some rainbow clothing too! 🏳️‍🌈

And in the Targets around here I go to all of that is right up front and center!  Hard to miss!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

And in the Targets around here I go to all of that is right up front and center!  Hard to miss!

Easy for them to miss. They're allergic to color. 

Not to mention, if they're aware, they would practically spit on the displays. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
On 7/10/2023 at 5:24 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Easy for them to miss. They're allergic to color. 

Not to mention, if they're aware, they would practically spit on the displays. 

I thought they were aware, and therefore have been publicly boycotting Target (despite previously having wedding registries and setting pregnancy announcement photoshoots there...)

(edited)

Whitney is hawking some photo tiles on her stories. Says that Bradley asked to borrow a couple and she found them on his bedroom door.  They were perfectly centered and level. The kid is 8.  Sure Whitney. He did it all by himself. 🙄

Edited by 3 is enough
  • LOL 10
4 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Whitney is hawking some photo tiles on her stories. Says that Bradley asked to borrow a couple and she found them on his bedroom door.  They were perfectly centered and level. The kid is 8.  Sure Whitney. He did it all by himself. 🙄

Whitney and Katie are the worst influencers ever. They don't even come up with semi-believable lies. 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 9

I'm really surprised that Whitney just spent all that money on these tiles that don't even have the new baby in them.  Once this baby is born, isn't she going to want tiles of her and family photos with her in them?  The majority of the tiles she just hung will be obsolete.  Same with Erin who just had Chad hang photos of their kids all at 1 year of age.  But the way he spaced them, he didn't really leave a spot for the boy she is pregnant with now.  

Maybe that is just something I would have thought about if I was pregnant with the next child.  

• Like 5
5 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

I'm really surprised that Whitney just spent all that money on these tiles that don't even have the new baby in them.  Once this baby is born, isn't she going to want tiles of her and family photos with her in them?  The majority of the tiles she just hung will be obsolete.  Same with Erin who just had Chad hang photos of their kids all at 1 year of age.  But the way he spaced them, he didn't really leave a spot for the boy she is pregnant with now.  

Maybe that is just something I would have thought about if I was pregnant with the next child.  

That’s because you think ahead like most responsible adults. E&C wing it on a daily basis. For example, they keep pumping out kids with no space for them to sleep, or enough money to support them. My favorite is when they bought the camping trailer they had already outgrown. Three girls would share a bed, Carson under the full size bed, and the baby with them. I’m still waiting for their maiden voyage. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, SMama said:

That’s because you think ahead like most responsible adults. E&C wing it on a daily basis. For example, they keep pumping out kids with no space for them to sleep, or enough money to support them. My favorite is when they bought the camping trailer they had already outgrown. Three girls would share a bed, Carson under the full size bed, and the baby with them. I’m still waiting for their maiden voyage. 

Well, maybe they were thinking ahead and planning to put an adult Carson the camper in a few years, a la JillRod.  Seriously though it drives me crazy how they’d invest a chunk of money into it but don’t own a home.

• Like 6
34 minutes ago, zenme said:

Well, maybe they were thinking ahead and planning to put an adult Carson the camper in a few years, a la JillRod.  Seriously though it drives me crazy how they’d invest a chunk of money into it but don’t own a home.

The whole purpose of the trailer was for Erin to decorate. Sorry, I just realized I posted to the wrong thread. Lack of preparing for the future is also a W&Z trait. 

• Like 6

Whitney is not feeling well. She's unsure if its a summer cold or allergies. I realize Covid is not in the news like it used to be, but its not gone. Actually there's an uptick of cases throughout the US. One would think being pregnant and all, she'd want to know what she has.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Whitney is not feeling well. She's unsure if its a summer cold or allergies. I realize Covid is not in the news like it used to be, but its not gone. Actually there's an uptick of cases throughout the US. One would think being pregnant and all, she'd want to know what she has.

Particularly after attending the RSV superspreader event earlier this month.  For being supposedly pro-life, these people are so careless when pregnant.

• Like 11
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

These assholes are always soooo desperate to make the next #blessing, yet they treat the pregnancies like such a joke. Wasn't their last kid in the NICU for nearly 10 days - with breathing troubles - along with Josie's kid?! I mean then it was OMG we need prayers, God answered OUR prayers hahaha, we got what we wanted AGAIN while millions of people worldwide during Covid did not. But it's like they acknowledge ZERO responsibility on their side. I mean they posted many pics in the NICU with Z putting his unmasked face against their struggling infant!? And this was mid 2021 - people were masking even in the south - maybe not everywhere but certainly in childrens hospital NICUs. And that kid was born like 3-4 months after the Covid vax came out. Want to bet Whit never even considered it, even though they recommended it for pregnant women?

And now here with go - whatever summer cold which she's just deemed allergies. At a time when cases are going up again. Not like they read but you prob want to try to avoid covid bc there are more and more studies that a mom getting covid while pregnant is linked to lung development issues in the fetus.

But alas what could she do. Masking - lol - she's a mean girl herself who likely makes fun of that. Stay home from crowded places like church, G&K's house, and Papa Bill's 50+ person July 4 gathering, and not go to Walmart, Home Depot unmasked and have Z go. Lol - no what would you be saying - that you don't trust God to protect?

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Particularly after attending the RSV superspreader event earlier this month.  For being supposedly pro-life, these people are so careless when pregnant.

After the first kid, they're just a number and attention. Why put much effort into the current kid when they can just have another (and probably will)? 

Parenting, Bates-style. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
4 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

They’re NOT pro “life” - they’re pro forced birth only. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
3 hours ago, AstridM said:

They’re NOT pro “life” - they’re pro forced birth only. 

Somebody (can't remember who) said to these kind of folks life begins at conception and ends at birth, meaning - y'all know...

• Like 6

That attitude isn't just reserved for fundies in the south.  One of my managers in a blue city (Boston) was pregnant last year during the whole RSV/Flu activity of late November/Early December..and got the flu after going out and about.  She didn't realize it was so bad...but still seemed blase about getting the flu while pregnant (she did get the flu shot so maybe that's why she was).

Hopefully it's just allergies for Whitney and not anything too serious.

• Sad 1
30 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Whitney just posted some photos on Instagram that show her naked bump. A step beyond the skintight dress photos for sure. I think that’s a first for this family.

Sounds super modest!

• LOL 4