Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Whitney: The Constable and the Carhop

• Start Topic

I do wonder if Whitney got some sort of inheritance from her father.  If I am not mistaken, she has no siblings and since she was in foster care for a time maybe there was some guilt there and a desire to “make it up to her”.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 4/6/2022 at 10:30 PM, 3 is enough said:

I do wonder if Whitney got some sort of inheritance from her father.  If I am not mistaken, she has no siblings and since she was in foster care for a time maybe there was some guilt there and a desire to “make it up to her”.

I was thinking the same thing.  Had to received some money after he died.  I'm wondering what other things they are going to treat themselves to.  That stove is over the top.  Buying a new bed too, which isn't cheap (to me anyhow). Then whatever other furniture they want.  That house looks empty.  Granted they are still moving in.  But as was posted under Carlin's page, it's all just throw away furniture to them.  They must keep on top of the trends.  

Edited by So unbelievable
  • Useful 2

What is with these girls only washing their hair once a week?  Reminds me of the old days when they all used the same bath water and washed monthly. I have long hair and wash it every other day.  Every day sometimes, especially summer.  Sometimes every 3rd day, just depends.  It takes me little time at all to curl/style, if I want to.  I didn't have to watch a video online and learn how to "train my hair" to not being washed.  Eww.  They are such followers that can't think for themselves.

To each his own, but I love having clean hair and no matter the dry shampoo used, it doesn't feel clean.  The build up with those is gross.  I said just that, it was gross, in one of Whitney's stories and the snobby, sensitive fundie blocked me.  😂

• Love 5

What? They wash their hair only once a week? Yuck. I can't imagine how their hair and scalp smells after day 5! I live in Florida, not far from Alyssa, and I have been washing my hair every day for years...just too hot here, even in the winter, my head needs to be refreshed, like I wash my face every day and brush my teeth...no difference for me. No wonder sometimes their hair looks greasy in their videos. I can imagine their awful hygiene growing up. 

• Love 3

The once a week shampoo seems to be a trend these days.  The thinking is that you are not stripping away natural oils so your hair look healthier.  But if they are using dry shampoos and texturizing sprays it seems to be defeating the purpose. And Josie also applies some sort of oil to the ends of her hair everyday.  

I wash my hair every other day, though sometimes I have to do it every day. My hair is very fine and I don't have as much of it as I used to, so I need to keep it as fluffy as I can.

• Love 6

Josie, Whitney and Carlin all have posted about only washing their hair once a week.  All 3 have babies.  Babies spit up, have grubby little fingers that love to grab fistfuls of hair.  I can't imagine not washing that out of my hair.  

I also so that Josie adds that oil too.  That has got to feel so gross after even a day.  But I guess they'll do it as long as its the trend and someone tells them to.  You know, cuz they can't think for themselves.  Yuck!

• Love 3

Are they by chance selling dry shampoo? Because if so, that's part of the spiel. Busy mom has no time to wash her hair, but this amazing product makes it look as fresh on day 6 as it does on day 1! Use code blah blah blah for 20% off. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Are they by chance selling dry shampoo? Because if so, that's part of the spiel. Busy mom has no time to wash her hair, but this amazing product makes it look as fresh on day 6 as it does on day 1! Use code blah blah blah for 20% off. 

Indeed they are doing that.  They all have their special code.  No thanks.  I never click on their links, but looked up the one Josie was pushing.  It's on Amazon and around $18 a can!  Too rich for my blood.  And even they say no build up, I just don't believe it.  I'll keep shampooing for a few pennies every other day.  Sorry, I don't have a code for my shampoo. 😃

• LOL 8
6 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

Indeed they are doing that.  They all have their special code.  No thanks.  I never click on their links, but looked up the one Josie was pushing.  It's on Amazon and around $18 a can!  Too rich for my blood.  And even they say no build up, I just don't believe it.  I'll keep shampooing for a few pennies every other day.  Sorry, I don't have a code for my shampoo. 😃

I've tried every dry shampoo on the market from the cheap stuff at Walmart to the ones you get at the salon, and they all managed to make my hair look worse. I've given up on them. 

• Love 7

Wow.  Whitney and Zach answered some questions on their stories.  The house is coming along slowly - the cabinets are due to be delivered in July.  And Zach still works part-time in law enforcement.  But the biggest shocker was people asked about the necklace she was wearing- a gold choker with some discs dangling from it.  She posted a link saying it was a bit pricey- it was $1200! Granted, it is 14k gold, not gold filled like the stuff Carlin and Josie hawk from Etsy shops, but I am really surprised that they can afford that. 

• Love 1

I think Whit definitely got an inheritance or payout from her father's life insurance. Their new stove was expensive and now a $1200 necklace? No way they're selling enough flimsy dresses to afford all of that. 

I'm kind of curious as to what Zach is doing part time. Can he still pick up shifts as a deputy? 

• Love 7

I'm glad to hear Zach is still working part time.  That should make it easier for him to go back to full time work if they decide he should or they start needing the money.  

• Love 10

I think a lot of police departments are short staffed these days, so it make sense they would hire former officers to work part time. I really doubt that the tree trimming business is pulling in enough money to support a family of 6.

They must be doing ok if they are buying such expensive things.  I know gold has gone up a lot in the past few years- at one time a necklace like hers would have gone for $300-$400, not $1200.  It's a bit too gaudy and trendy for me, if I was going to spend that kind of money I would go for something timeless. But what really surprises me is that they are so free with the info that they are buying such pricey stuff.  

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

It's a bit too gaudy and trendy for me, if I was going to spend that kind of money I would go for something timeless. 

Same. I don't hate it, but it's the kind of piece that's going to look dated in a year. If I was going to spend $1200, I would've gone for a nice pendant or a pair of diamond studs. 

• Love 5

So Whit gets an inheritance and suddenly they are spending it on $5000 stoves and $1200 necklaces? Interesting decision by fools who don't work consistently. I'm sorry but you know the only reason he went back to shift work at the sheriffs office is bc as cost of living climbs higher, reno costs climb higher, and sales of cheap dresses/t shirts fall, as their customers are spending more on food + gas and need to cut back somewhere, they suddenly decided hmm maybe staying home "invest in your kids" isn't gonna put food on the table. Anderson County def has shift work options - as Law and Trace at various times have played cop and picked up shifts. I mean good that he has that option but really bro you left behind really good health coverage + a 401k + a pension, not to mention a paycheck every 2 weeks - only to go back there less than a year later to pick up an hourly salary??

He's a moron and if he doesn't want to be/can't be LEO/they've decided it's dangerous etc. -- fine but he should be looking hard to get a position with county govt or courthouse, which is where he worked before he met Whit. Ex LEO often have a leg up for those types of safer jobs in small communities and to not even look is giving up an opportunity. And since Whit goes on about how much he loves reno and he learned by framing houses for a sweet friend from church for a few yrs as a teen, uh why not become a licensed contractor and go do that as a job? No one is going to hire a hobbyist for foundation and framing work though - way too much risk.

I'm skeptical of whether this lifestyle is being funded by inheritance or by Z cashing out his vested 401k + pension on the way out the door. Sure the stove and necklace are new but buying the house w/ no job and renovating it and ordering custom cabinets etc. has been going on for months, not since Dec. when JC died. And how does that work, JC leaves HER an inheritance so you take $1200 of HER money to buy her a necklace for Christmas - as W said it was Z's very special Christmas gift. Though I think as far as these guys go who don't earn, it's all OUR money [looking at you Law]. I imagine most/all of JC's estate went to Whit's mom who needs to be taken care of; sure he may have left some to his only daughter now but even if it's a hundred thousand [which would be a LOT for an average American], it's gonna go fast with $5000 here on a stove or $1200 there on jewelry or the tix/hotels they'll be buying for Law's wedding - as a few of their kids are in the wedding.

• Love 6
On 4/23/2022 at 2:44 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

I swear by Batiste dry shampoo. It works great for me. I only need it one day a week when I go an extra day between washing, but it does the job. 

I need your code and 5 minute video of how you use it 🤣

• LOL 6

Zach seems like the type of guy to try and get the most money from least amount of work.  I can't see him doing manual labor and being a contractor.  Chad, yes, he's in shape.  Zach, hell no.  Surprises they let him work even part time for the Sheriff's office, unless administrative work.  Pretty sure that is why he hasn't taken over the tree business.  Too much actual work.  Not just sitting in the boutique with his little lap top.  

Yeah, he is a moron, for so many reasons. They have pipe dreams that will be temporarily fulfilled until they blow through all that inheritance.

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Sadly, I have to pay for the stuff. No videos or codes from me! 😃

Me too.  I take your word and recommendation over any of theirs.  I'll have to give Batiste a try.

• Love 3

It's still crazy to me that Zach's making all of these dumb decisions. He was the one who went to get a real job and very vocal about how much he didn't like decisions his parents' made. Now he's suddenly making the same dumb decisions. Quitting a perfectly good job with benefits to "work" in the boutique and tree cutting business. Basically ending up doing nothing while blowing through money. What happened? 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It's still crazy to me that Zach's making all of these dumb decisions. He was the one who went to get a real job and very vocal about how much he didn't like decisions his parents' made. Now he's suddenly making the same dumb decisions. Quitting a perfectly good job with benefits to "work" in the boutique and tree cutting business. Basically ending up doing nothing while blowing through money. What happened? 

My guess is it was gradual.  Whitney seemed to be very proud when he graduated from the academy.  But they only had two kids back then.  As their family grew, I’m willing to bet the schedule became  more inconvenient. Not to mention the growing anti-police sentiment  that has picked up steam in the last couple of years.  Lots of officers all over the country have left their jobs.  Also, I imagine there has been a constant stream of passive-aggressive commentary by Gil and Kelly. 

1 hour ago, SMama said:

The speculation of an inheritance has become a fact. It is a possibility but the acceptance of it as gospel in record time is astounding. 

So true. I have posted that I wondered if she got some sort of inheritance or insurance pay out, but we don’t know that for sure.  And even if she got something, I doubt it would have been a huge amount.  But, if she did get something, I can totally see them using it to buy things they normally would never have been able to afford instead of investing it or putting it towards reducing their mortgage.  Again, pure speculation on my part.

• Love 7

The house that they are living in now and renovating could that have been her dad's house or dad's family's house and he either gave it to Whitney and Zack before his death or they inherited it after he died? I ask this because in her stories yesterday they show the house as they are walking around the property and Whitney said everytime we come out here we talk about the large tree was my Dad's favorite tree. Didn't they buy this house before he died though? Maybe she did inherit enough money to pay the mortgage off or at least to finance the renovation. I just can't see how they are paying for all of this by working at  the Sisters Boutique and Zack's part time work with the sheriff's office. 

• Love 3

Don't think this is JC's house or a family home; plus if it were JC's house where did his wife go to live?? At the time they bought they said the house had come up on the market suddenly and they looked bc it had a ton of land. They definitely have a mortgage on the house, as they took pics at their closing at the bank and posted them. As for her dad's favorite tree, they bought the house in August. That's before he was sick/or at least before he was hospitalized in Nov/Dec [IDK if he had been ill for a long time or if something happened suddenly], he had visited the property at least once or maybe multiple times and they had talked thru reno with him. She has said before he spent a lot/all of his career doing drywall, was so looking forward to his grandson getting to be part of a reno etc. -- so it makes sense that he had some interest/opinion in home renovation. I'm assuming on those early visits is when he decided - this is my favorite tree/favorite view. 

IDK about the inheritance. I know that's a theory people have here that she got some HUGE inheritance. Let's be real people - most of whatever he had has to go to Whit's mom so she can live. And the avg inheritance in America is something like 40k -hardly never work again type of money, even if they got double that.

They sold their prior home and had reno-ed that and sold in a hot market last year, so I'm guessing that funded a down payment and maybe some reno costs on this house. And for the rest I assume Z has cashed out his police 401k and pension. He was there for ~7-8 yrs, that's not nothing. And these fundies don't seem like savers and planners to me - they seem more like eh trust God to provide, he's providing this now for our dream home, so he'll provide for our retirement later.

And Z more and more has the affect of someone who feels he was "deprived" as a kid by how he lived and wants his kids and Whit to live large. I mean he lived in the old Bates home until his mid teens before the Duggars came in w/ camera crews for a renovation. Yet when it was time to buy his own home [the first one] he wasn't satisfied with just a nice, clean home w/ enough space for the kids - nope it had to be all granite counters, high end fixtures, whatever was fashionable then like barn doors etc. And he's doing the same here too - I mean inheritance or no, a family where no one holds a job and likely one relying on public assistance of kids' health insurance does not need a $5000 stove.

• Love 11

I am just trying to figure out how they pay for all of these expensive items, the gold necklace, the $5000 stove. Unless you have cash the bills come due on these purchases. And like you said neither one of these two have a steady full time job.

As for Zack cashing out his 401k he would incur a 10% penalty plus taxes on his withdrawal.  I doubt that his pension from the State of Arkansas amounted to much after 7-8 years.  Maybe they secretly play the lottery and they won.

• Love 4

How does Zach not feel like a giant loser? Just posted that they are headed out to meet Carlin and Evan to go out to dinner and celebrate bc it’s Evan’s last night of school and he’s now done. Z himself says he’s so proud. Yep your 26 yr old brother in law stuck it out thru a 5 yr program, is earning union wages/benefits and now those wages/benefits just went up bc of graduation. While your 33 yr old self with 4 kids gave up a steady job with benefits to sell dresses at your wife’s store and play contractor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, cereality said:

HoZw does Zach not feel like a giant loser? Just posted that they are headed out to meet Carlin and Evan to go out to dinner and celebrate bc it’s Evan’s last night of school and he’s now done. Z himself says he’s so proud. Yep your 26 yr old brother in law stuck it out thru a 5 yr program, is earning union wages/benefits and now those wages/benefits just went up bc of graduation. While your 33 yr old self with 4 kids gave up a steady job with benefits to sell dresses at your wife’s store and play contractor.

Quick question: Did Evan attend PCC before his apprenticeship? Someone (on FJ I think) said he did. I was going to correct them, but I realized that I wasn't 100% sure.

• Useful 2

IIRC Evan worked as a receptionist at a medical office prior to electrician training. I’ve never heard about PCc. Perhaps the person is confusing him with Kelton. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

IIRC Evan worked as a receptionist at a medical office prior to electrician training. I’ve never heard about PCc. Perhaps the person is confusing him with Kelton. 

I think Evan was confused with Bobby. Kelton was mentioned in the post I read, Bobby wasn't. 

I thought Evan was in school when he worked at the medical office, just nor ready to train in the field yet. I remember that he had a party on his last day. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think Evan was confused with Bobby. Kelton was mentioned in the post I read, Bobby wasn't. 

I thought Evan was in school when he worked at the medical office, just nor ready to train in the field yet. I remember that he had a party on his last day. 

He might have been in some kind of school but it wasn't PCC - that was Kelton and Bobby. IDK what Evan's high school situation was - I assume homeschool? If that's the case I would not be surprised at all if he did some semesters at community college while living at home + working as a medical office receptionist esp. if his long term plan was trade school. Electrician school requires you to be able to handle some physics and math at least at the high school level - not quite calculus level math but certainly algebra etc. Most religiously based home school curriculums run by mom don't prep you for that type of science/math. Even if that is in the home school curriculum and you do well enough to pass, reality is IDK how well you really know it. Actually going to class at a community college w/ a professor probably gets you up to public high school level on math/science. Also possible he was doing some classes to get a GED if he didn't have one, as many trade schools require an actual high school degree or GED.

• Love 4

Was Evan on the radar back in 2017 when he would have started trade school? They've been married almost 3 years following a rather longish (by fundie standards) engagement. I think 9 months? How long was their courtship before that? I thought Carlin was at Evan's party at the medical center, otherwise how would I remember it? Was that really five years ago? If so, how time flies, I guess.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Was Evan on the radar back in 2017 when he would have started trade school? They've been married almost 3 years following a rather longish (by fundie standards) engagement. I think 9 months? How long was their courtship before that? I thought Carlin was at Evan's party at the medical center, otherwise how would I remember it? Was that really five years ago? If so, how time flies, I guess.

Yeah Evan's been on the scene since he was 21 [2016] and he turns 27 this summer. Scrolling thru his IG his first pic with Carlin in it was Nov. 2016. Pretty casual pics as it's Carlin, Josie, and I think one of Evan's sisters and refers to a great weekend with great friends. But obviously if they were visiting him for the weekend, the gf/bf/pre-courting/get to know you - whatever the Bates called it back then was starting. And then in March 2017 he posted the first pic of just the two of them - calling her the best gf etc. IDK when they started courting or got engaged but they'd been involved since Nov. 2016 and given that electrician school is 5 yrs - if that means 10 semesters [I have no idea how it works for trades], school would have started in summer/fall 2017, so yeah there was some overlap where he was with Carlin but still at the receptionist job.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

You went through his IG? Man, going through any famewhore's SM is doing the Lord's work.😀

I hate myself but must admit I checked after she posted. I know very little about his family, still forget how many brothers and sisters Evan has. Something stood out to me, Evan rocking pastel colors, especially shorts, and a lot of tank tops. I don’t think we have seen that side of him post Carlin. I wonder why he stopped wearing shorts. Evan’s mom, sisters, and nieces wear pants. The nieces wear shorts and bathing suits. I hope Layla is allowed to take dance classes like her cousins. 

• Love 6

Pretty sure I have seen Evan in golf shorts.  And Carlin in some Bermuda type shorts as well.  Also think I have seen Carlin in a fairly modest tank top.  I know Josie wears sleeveless tops.

They went out to dinner after he finished class last night.  Must have been after 9.  They brought the baby.  It was a nice gesture, but couldn’t they have waited a day or two and gone at a decent hour?

• Love 4

I was just watching Whit's stories and she said that they're taking all four kids to Lawson's wedding (three of them are in the ceremony). I know Jadon can fly as a lap child, but yowza. That's still five round-trip tickets from Knoxville to San Diego. The Boutique must be doing way better than we give them credit for! 😂

I know Carson is a ring bearer as well, but I wonder if Erin and Chad will just take him and Finley. I can't imagine they can afford travel and lodgings for a family of seven. The only other siblings not confirmed are Alyssa and Tori, everyone else is going. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Alyssa confirmed she's not going.

For her to be perhaps the only sibling absent she is either really over the herd mentality, or finances are very tight. They have mentioned they need a family car. They rented an SUV for Nathan’s wedding, because John was concerned their car would not make it. 

If this is the first time for all four kids to travel it’s really going to be a trial by fire for W&Z. Maybe money does grow on trees and Zach is using the tree service to fund his life of leisure. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

When has Zach cut down a tree? All the boys seem to have eschewed the tree business choosing construction instead.

It’s a bad joke. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, YupItsMe said:

I don’t know, but maybe Tiffany’s parents are providing airfare and hotel rooms for those in the wedding? I know it is sometimes done.

I know her family has money, but I don't think they have THAT kind of money.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

How close is Alyssa to Lawson? I never sensed that they had much of a relationship. Lawson and Zach are closer in age and probably pretty much grew up together. I can see why Law wanted Zach's kids in the wedding.

• Love 3

This is just pay back for Lawson gobbling a good amount of the strawberries Alyssa had set out for Allie’s first birthday party. Just kidding. 

• LOL 8
59 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

How close is Alyssa to Lawson? I never sensed that they had much of a relationship. Lawson and Zach are closer in age and probably pretty much grew up together. I can see why Law wanted Zach's kids in the wedding.

I think there is about 2 years between Alyssa and Lawson. I wonder if she declared they could not afford to all go to California hoping someone would fund the trip for her. It seemed like she announced they weren’t going to the wedding ages ago. And now she is just about the only one not going!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I think there is about 2 years between Alyssa and Lawson. I wonder if she declared they could not afford to all go to California hoping someone would fund the trip for her. It seemed like she announced they weren’t going to the wedding ages ago. And now she is just about the only one not going!

It remains to be determined if the entire Paine and Smith families will be there. 

(edited)

Good for Alyssa to make the decision not to spend thousands of $$ to attend Lawson's wedding. Alyssa has a family of 6 and other pressing financial concerns now.  With a family the size of the Bates unless they are all getting married in the Tennessee area there are bound to be times when all of the siblings cannot attend weddings.  Even if Alyssa went alone there would have to be child care arrangements for 4 kids while John worked. Not so easy to find relatives or friend willing to take on 4 young children for several days. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 7