Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Whitney: The Constable and the Carhop

• Start Topic

My first thought was how W&Z have had to carry the boutique during Whit's morning sickness while C&E galivant around from family to family to hang out.  In the beginning of the boutique, W&Z did most of the heavy lifting.  She's had to carry it when Erin and Carlin couldn't be there.   

I guess out of all the Bates families having babies, I do feel that W&Z pay attention to their kids and interact with their kids and don't just use them for social media.  

• Like 7

Whitney has been having all day sickness. She said is the worse she’s ever had. It’s why she’s been MIA. She felt better today and they took advantage of the energy burst to get out and about. C&E, the ball is in your court. 😂

• Like 6
5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

My reaction as well. 😐

I guess I am a terrible person but I feel like part of the reason they have so many kids is to that it makes them feel superior to the common folk.  You know, not everyone has a “heart for children” and only a special few are called to have  large families. 🙄

Why is it always believed that all the pregnancies are planned? Just because they act happy when they announce?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Congrats to them, I guess. I hope things go smoothly for Whit, but I'm kind of surprised. We all know Alyssa had a fifth because she was determined to get that boy, and Erin is gonna give Carson that brother if it kills her, but Zach and Whit had a tidy little family of two and two. I don't know how these people afford all of this. On the plus side though, you know Carlin and Evan are pissed. If Z&W take time off for the new baby, guess who has to show up at the Boutique? 🤣🤣🤣

Well, it's not like they waste money on education or educational things for their kids. 

I wonder if these dolts have ever heard of overpopulation. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
14 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I wonder if these dolts have ever heard of overpopulation. 

They probably subscribe to the Duggar fallacy that the world’s population fits in Jacksonville, Florida. Every time Boob said that I was furious there was no push back. There are morons out there who still believe this nonsense. And they aren’t fond of birth control.

• Like 8

Zach really needs to go back to work if they want to keep buying high end couches and ranges.  Even without educating the kids properly, kids cost money.  I wonder if they have health insurance.  Their last kid ended up in the NICU because they weren't careful regarding covid.  

As far as them thinking they are better than everyone else because they have a ton of kids, I would be far more impressed if they raised kids that amounted to something.  Most of the Duggar and Bates kids haven't.

• Like 12
  • Applause 7
5 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Zach really needs to go back to work if they want to keep buying high end couches and ranges.  Even without educating the kids properly, kids cost money.  I wonder if they have health insurance.  Their last kid ended up in the NICU because they weren't careful regarding covid.  

As far as them thinking they are better than everyone else because they have a ton of kids, I would be far more impressed if they raised kids that amounted to something.  Most of the Duggar and Bates kids haven't.

Have any of the kids amounted to anything? They're just mediocre, with two or maybe three exceptions. (Guess who.) 

• Like 5

Another child is already on the way so I wish them a safe, healthy delivery. However, I would have thought that Zach learned a thing or two working in the real world. His experience in the sheriffs' department should have opened his eyes to many good things out here in the real world. I doubt that the boutique will be able to support two families in the near future.

• Like 12

W&Z have a photo shoot today for the boutique. Are C&E somehow going to make the ridiculous claim that they participated remotely? If Erin’s departure from ownership was caused by her absence due to long COVID and surgery she must be upset by C&E’s constant gallivanting.

• Like 10
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Whitney appears to be the only "Bates Sister" left at the boutique. Can she sustain it, just being an in-law? 

Maybe that’s the incentive to keep Carlin as a partner. The girl is not shy about showing her mug for photo shoots and other advertising. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Whitney appears to be the only "Bates Sister" left at the boutique. Can she sustain it, just being an in-law? 

Good point. As it stands now, Bates "Sisters" Boutique consists of one actual Bates sister, an in-law and Kelly. Whit has a sizeable social media following but the only time she's on there is to announce pregnancies or sell products. She doesn't really live and breathe it the way Carlin does. I wonder if they regret icing Erin out? It seemed like the business had more selling power with the original trio. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
45 minutes ago, SMama said:

Were W&Z at the couples dinner? I don’t think I saw them or any of their kids in the pictures of the party shared so far.

I don't think they were. I didn't see them in the background in any of the pictures. Whitney looked absolutely exhausted in her last reel, so I think this pregnancy has been a rough go so far. Maybe they opted out? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think they were. I didn't see them in the background in any of the pictures. Whitney looked absolutely exhausted in her last reel, so I think this pregnancy has been a rough go so far. Maybe they opted out? 

Hopefully the combination of pregnancy exhaustion and looking after four kids will convince them to be five and done. 

• Like 13
1 minute ago, floridamom said:

I wonder if Zach and Whit are tired and annoyed of running the boutique almost by themselves. Carlin and Evan are busy with everything else BUT work.

I don't know where Jackson's engagement took place, but when I saw Zach and Whit, my first thought was, "Good for them." They deserve a weekend away. I know Carlin tried to downplay Whit's involvement like, "Oh yeah, she homeschools so she's not at the Boutique any more than I am...," but I think that's b.s. I guarantee Whit puts in three times as many hours as E&C. 

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know where Jackson's engagement took place, but when I saw Zach and Whit, my first thought was, "Good for them." They deserve a weekend away. I know Carlin tried to downplay Whit's involvement like, "Oh yeah, she homeschools so she's not at the Boutique any more than I am...," but I think that's b.s. I guarantee Whit puts in three times as many hours as E&C. 

The engagement took place in Florida. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Florida

5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The engagement took place in Florida. 

Thanks! I didn't realize until I read the Gil and Kelly thread that Emerson is from Orlando. It'll be interesting to see if Jackson moves there or she moves to TN. I imagine a big tourist area in Florida is pricier, so that may be a factor. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Thanks! I didn't realize until I read the Gil and Kelly thread that Emerson is from Orlando. It'll be interesting to see if Jackson moves there or she moves to TN. I imagine a big tourist area in Florida is pricier, so that may be a factor. 

Jackson lives and works and Arkansas with the Duggar boys.

• Useful 5
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

Jackson lives and works and Arkansas with the Duggar boys.

Oh, gawd. This poor girl has to move from Orlando to Duggarville? Well, I guess she can always befriend Esther, if she hasn't already. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

Emerson can become another of the Housewives of Meddiccorpp! Esther Bates is friends with Abby, Hannah and Kathy Duggar along with various other adjacents to Meddiccorpp (my spell check suggested this and I like it, lol)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7

I'm sorry to say this, but looking at Jackson, it looks like he um bats for the other team.  I wish them luck wherever they end up.  I know Jackson has been hanging out with the Duggars in Arkansas for a while now, so that may be where they end up living.  Gil and Kelly will be disappointed because I'll bet they'd love having one of their brood living in Orlando so they can crash there whenever they want.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

I'm sorry to say this, but looking at Jackson, it looks like he um bats for the other team.  I wish them luck wherever they end up.  I know Jackson has been hanging out with the Duggars in Arkansas for a while now, so that may be where they end up living.  Gil and Kelly will be disappointed because I'll bet they'd love having one of their brood living in Orlando so they can crash there whenever they want.

Alyssa lives in Clermont, suburban Orlando.

• Useful 1

How is it that Alyssa knew this girl who lives in Orlando, at least 40 minutes away from Clermont to introduce her to her brother who lives in Tennessee? These two didn't have the opportunity to know each other and they are engaged? ( I know, this is how these people do it.....they marry virtual strangers, but really.)

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, floridamom said:

How is it that Alyssa knew this girl who lives in Orlando, at least 40 minutes away from Clermont to introduce her to her brother who lives in Tennessee? These two didn't have the opportunity to know each other and they are engaged? ( I know, this is how these people do it.....they marry virtual strangers, but really.)

Maybe through church? Or a connection through John's very public father? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
30 minutes ago, floridamom said:

That’s a very good question, but their definition of knowing someone in fundie circles is so darn vast anything can happen.

Ben and Jessa met Jeremy while on a lay over in Texas and had a few hours to kill so they asked a friend for suggestions. They caught a service at his church. Enter Jeremy in Jinger’s life.  

Erin allegedly met Evan while attending some Valentine meal, Evan was a waiter, Erin thought he was cute and asked if he was single. She thought he and Carlin would hit it off. Now those two nimrods are married with children. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

That’s a very good question, but their definition of knowing someone in fundie circles is so darn vast anything can happen.

Ben and Jessa met Jeremy while on a lay over in Texas and had a few hours to kill so they asked a friend for suggestions. They caught a service at his church. Enter Jeremy in Jinger’s life.  

Erin allegedly met Evan while attending some Valentine meal, Evan was a waiter, Erin thought he was cute and asked if he was single. Now those two nimrods are married with children. 

Erin and Evan? Now there's a couple that would NEVER work. 😂

• LOL 7
12 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Erin and Evan? Now there's a couple that would NEVER work. 😂

Agree! I left the important part out, Erin thought he and Carlin would be a good fit. Layla and Zade, you have Auntie Erin to thank for your parents. 

• LOL 4

Z&W took the kids to Legoland while in Florida. I’m glad they got something out of that long car trip. The three oldest looked delighted. We will never forget SGirl’s first time at Legoland, we thought she was going to pass out from excitement.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I suspect Emerson is connected to Alyssa through some church or fundie group.  As said, knowing someone in these groups seems to equate to sharing an elevator one time or being at the same fundie conference.  It's not like you have two friends you have known for a while that you think would be perfect for each other.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

I don't know....is it common for clothing businesses to have so many "cash and carry" sales? Why do they seemingly always need to rid themselves of their inventory at a "sale price"? Do they over buy? Wouldn't they be losing money on these sales?

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I don't know....is it common for clothing businesses to have so many "cash and carry" sales? Why do they seemingly always need to rid themselves of their inventory at a "sale price"? Do they over buy? Wouldn't they be losing money on these sales?

No, most clothing businesses do not do this except for places that are discount every day like Value City.  I think this is part of their business strategy that probably started when they found themselves with way too much inventory priced too high to sell.  I don't think any of them have any business savvy and they probably wouldn't want to hire a consultant to help them when they started out and they misjudged how much inventory they needed.  Anyway, since their merch is already priced higher than similar stuff available on Amazon and hundreds of other online retailers, when they mark down their stock to sell, they can still make a profit.  Meanwhile, all they do is toss the clothes into bins without sorting and announce it on their website, so their overhead for the sale is essentially $0.  They aren't spending on advertising or fixtures or signage in the store, they don't even seem to hire any extra help for it.  The main reason they seem to have success with this model is because there are still a fair number of leg humpers out there who are excited to buy their merchandise rather than someone else'.  As the leghumpers get older and don't want cheap clothes and/or lose interest; the cash and carry sales are going to stop being profitable and they'll probably shut down the whole business shortly after.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
55 minutes ago, floridamom said:

It seems excessive for sure. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video today:

CC4D3122-ACEB-4DEB-A6EC-31A991654FA0.jpeg

Looking at that would make most potential customers run the other way, I'd think.  It looks a mess.  I don't know what their prices are like, but they'd have to pay me to come in and take some of that crap away, not vice versa.

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Looking at that would make most potential customers run the other way, I'd think.  It looks a mess.  I don't know what their prices are like, but they'd have to pay me to come in and take some of that crap away, not vice versa.

Same. Complete chaos for wrinkled, cheap Chinese clothing. 

• Like 8