Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Whitney: The Constable and the Carhop

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

These people act like they think they’re the Kristian Kardashians 

The Kartrashians are “Christians,” too. Jesus would probably rather hang out with them than with judgmental, hateful fundies. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Whitney posted a picture of a sleeping Bradley with the caption that he was knocked out but they had to be at church in half an hour. Good grief, Whitney. If the kids are that pooped from yesterday, maybe skip church and let them rest? I don't think God will mind and they can always catch up with the family later. It reminds me of how Carlin and Evan drag Layla to Wednesday night service and the poor kid is asleep on her feet. 

• Like 11

I understand that in parts of the country jeans and cowboy boots are considered to be acceptable for more formal occasions but from what I have seen it means brand new jeans in a darker wash, usually pressed with a crease, worn with a dress shirt and a jacket. Zach looks like he is headed off to a hayride.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

If you think Zack dressed a little too casual for the wedding take a look at Alyssa's instagram stories at how John Webster is dressed. I don't get the purpose of the women dressing up and the men looking like slobs. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I think John has had the same pair of shoes for their entire marriage.  

I don’t think there is any $$ left for clothes for John after Alyssa has restocked her wardrobe 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I know it's mean to say, but it is clear that quitting his job didn't result in the weigh loss Zach said was going to happen.  He looks a mess.  He needs to at least buy a nicer pair of jeans that fit if he won't get dress pants.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

I know it's mean to say, but it is clear that quitting his job didn't result in the weigh loss Zach said was going to happen.  He looks a mess.  He needs to at least buy a nicer pair of jeans that fit if he won't get dress pants.

He blamed gaining weight on his job? Did he take the cops/doughnuts trope as truth? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 10/2/2022 at 9:24 AM, BitterApple said:

Is that really what Zach wore to the wedding?! Does the man not own a pair of khakis or dress pants? 

But he wore his wedding boots, therefore making the whole outfit wedding appropriate ....??

• LOL 10
On 10/2/2022 at 4:35 PM, 65mickey said:

If you think Zack dressed a little too casual for the wedding take a look at Alyssa's instagram stories at how John Webster is dressed. I don't get the purpose of the women dressing up and the men looking like slobs. 

The women dress up because they want to.  The men look like slobs because that is all the effort they are willing to put in.  If their wives insisted they dress up they probably wouldn't want to go to the wedding.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Zach had a root canal today. I wonder how much that set them back. Zach, you have four kids, health care costs money. Quit diddling around and return to your LE job with benefits. That is the true meaning of investing in your children’s lives.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Zach had a root canal today. I wonder how much that set them back. Zach, you have four kids, health care costs money. Quit diddling around and return to your LE job with benefits. That is the true meaning of investing in your children’s lives.

I have great dental and mine was $500 last year. The crown was another $500. 
But I agree insurance is important. I think most states have a program for kids’ basics but that wouldn’t include dental/vision. I wonder if the boutique has a plan?  

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've never had a root canal, but I have had crowns, and I don't pay anywhere near $500 for them. That, Zach, is the beauty of having Insurance. 

Depends on where you are. I have dental insurance and have needed root canals and crowns and there is always out of pocket sometimes 50%. And every dental practice around here has similar rates.  We also get two cleanings a year for free. So it just depends.  Zach will most likely have to pay something regardless. Maybe the practice offers a payment plan 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Depends on where you are. I have dental insurance and have needed root canals and crowns and there is always out of pocket sometimes 50%. And every dental practice around here has similar rates.  We also get two cleanings a year for free. So it just depends.  Zach will most likely have to pay something regardless. Maybe the practice offers a payment plan 

I agree, I have never had what I consider great dental insurance.

I'm guessing by their lifestyle Zach can afford to pay their dental bills.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've never had a root canal, but I have had crowns, and I don't pay anywhere near $500 for them. That, Zach, is the beauty of having Insurance. 

Depends on the type and size of the crown as well as its location in your mouth.  I've had several root canals and crowns, and, even with good dental insurance; my out of pocket cost was around $1000 for both with around a $400 copay for the crown which cost a lot more than $500.

• Like 7

Oh dear God, did TLC film Whitney's dad's funeral? Its the one year anniversary of his death and Whitney posted a mini reel. Maybe its me, but something about the post left me feeling uneasy. Maybe feeling invasive? I don't know what I'm feeling, but whatever it is, its not good.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh dear God, did TLC film Whitney's dad's funeral? Its the one year anniversary of his death and Whitney posted a mini reel. Maybe its me, but something about the post left me feeling uneasy. Maybe feeling invasive? I don't know what I'm feeling, but whatever it is, its not good.

I cannot imagine anyone filming my dad's funeral and even less can I imagine a year later me posting it on social media for the world to see.  I know they have spent a good part of their lives on camera, but some things should be private IMHO. I do not have any desire to relive my dad's funeral.  There are things I remember, but I don't need to see it again. But I guess she has complete strangers posting that they are saying prayers for her and that makes her feel good.  

• Sad 10
On 12/3/2022 at 3:09 AM, GeeGolly said:

It's possible production did some filming since they had not been cancelled at that time.  They were already filming whichever wedding took place around the same time.  As to her posting it, to each their own, but while we had a lovely celebration of life when my father passed away, I wouldn't want to rewatch footage of it or post that publicly.

• Like 2

In their part of the country, it is not unusual for people to take pictures of their loved one in their caskets and of the funeral.  I inherited boxes full of photos when my mother died.  In going through them, I came across my great-grandfather's funeral pictures!  They were even taken by a professional studio!  Yes, my mother's family came from the Appalachian Mountains and many still live there.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, iluvobx said:

In their part of the country, it is not unusual for people to take pictures of their loved one in their caskets and of the funeral.  I inherited boxes full of photos when my mother died.  In going through them, I came across my great-grandfather's funeral pictures!  They were even taken by a professional studio!  Yes, my mother's family came from the Appalachian Mountains and many still live there.

I remember my grandma (originally from Alabama) coming to visit. I think I was 14-15 and she told me she had something to show me and I was old enough to see it. It was a pic of my great-grandmother in her coffin. IIRC she had passed recently but it was too far for us to go to the funeral. I was like “eu—gross” in my head and didn’t say too much. She then gave me a tea cup and saucer of my great grandmothers. I still have that. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Re: C&E taking off again without a thought about the business they work so hard 🙄to keep going. They seem to have four employees and they are at the boutique whenever they post videos. So the Stewarts aren’t really needed. I’m curious as to how can they afford those four employees. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I'm going to guess January into February are slow months, except for returns - if they even take returns. Z&W are likely home admiring their couch and stove while the 4 BSA minimum wagers toil away on the concrete floors.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, SMama said:

Re: C&E taking off again without a thought about the business they work so hard 🙄to keep going. They seem to have four employees and they are at the boutique whenever they post videos. So the Stewarts aren’t really needed. I’m curious as to how can they afford those four employees. 

I was pondering this question the other day and it occurred to me that the employees might be unpaid interns working for college credits.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4
18 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I was pondering this question the other day and it occurred to me that the employees might be unpaid interns working for college credits.

It's occurred to me that the "employees" might be volunteers/leghumpers who feel sorry for the Bateses. Like the people who got suckered into doing the Duggars' laundry or teaching their kids for free. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It's occurred to me that the "employees" might be volunteers/leghumpers who feel sorry for the Bateses. Like the people who got suckered into doing the Duggars' laundry or teaching their kids for free. 

There was a video a couple of years ago in which they went to a an industry show and the females with them appeared to be young -- like early twenties. Don't picture your scenario at all.

They probably pay minimum wage to a few young girls to come in and work a limited number of hours a week unpacking boxes and  mailing out orders. The rest of the stuff they do on their computers.   But if I were Zack and Whitney I'd be talking to E&C about taking a cut in pay unless they shape up and start pulling their weight. Evan is 27 and it is time  for him to grow up and stop chasing fun times. 

• Like 10

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed? W&Z taking off for at least two weeks? C&E would go out of their minds, upload constant martyr videos about how they have to do it all, with their kids more neglected than usual.

I don’t know if Carlin worked in the real world before. Evan should know better since he worked at a medical center then his apprenticeship. He knows better than taking off like he has twice now. His Leisure Boy days should be behind him.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 8
2 hours ago, SMama said:

His Leisure Boy days should be behind him.

Every time someone posts a comment and includes Evan's age, I'm mind-boggled to be reminded that he's pushing 30. I'd snark that he's like a teenager or frat boy, but most guys I knew when I was that age had after school jobs or at least summer gigs. I can't believe he's not embarrassed by his couch-surfing lifestyle. 

Just now, BitterApple said:

Every time someone posts a comment and includes Evan's age, I'm mind-boggled to be reminded that he's pushing 30. I'd snark that he's like a teenager or frat boy, but most guys I knew when I was young had after school jobs or at least summer gigs. I can't believe he's not embarrassed by his couch-surfing lifestyle. 

Just now, BitterApple said:

• Like 13
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed? W&Z taking off for at least two weeks? C&E would go out of their minds, upload constant martyr videos about how they have to do it all, with their kids more neglected than usual.

They were in Nashville for at least 2 weeks from shortly before Christmas until the day after New Years.  Three weeks later they took off for Nashville from Friday to Monday returning Monday night. Jumped back in the car early last Tuesday morning and plan to camp out there until the baby is born and probably for a couple of weeks after the birth. I do not understand how they can run any business what so ever.  Total mystery why Whitney and Zack put up with this. 

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

They were in Nashville for at least 2 weeks from shortly before Christmas until the day after New Years.  Three weeks later they took off for Nashville from Friday to Monday returning Monday night. Jumped back in the car early last Tuesday morning and plan to camp out there until the baby is born and probably for a couple of weeks after the birth. I do not understand how they can run any business what so ever.  Total mystery why Whitney and Zack put up with this. 

It's not a mystery. They probably prefer having the place to themselves without the disruptiveness of Carlin and Evan. Plus the chain of command is clearer without multiple bosses of the same rank there.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
37 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

It's not a mystery. They probably prefer having the place to themselves without the disruptiveness of Carlin and Evan. Plus the chain of command is clearer without multiple bosses of the same rank there.

That may be true, but I assume Whitney and Carlin's pay is the same. After a while I'd be a little pissed if I was working for my money and my partner wasn't.

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That may be true, but I assume Whitney and Carlin's pay is the same. After a while I'd be a little pissed if I was working for my money and my partner wasn't.

Sure, but right now they're still enjoying it. 

• LOL 1

Who is enjoying it Zack show goes into work everyday or Evanand Carlin who are out on vacation and hainv fun times?

4 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Who is enjoying it Zack who goes into work everyday or Evan and Carlin who are out on vacation and having fun times?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, SMama said:

W&Z are expecting #5.

🤦🏽‍♀️

My reaction as well. 😐

I guess I am a terrible person but I feel like part of the reason they have so many kids is to that it makes them feel superior to the common folk.  You know, not everyone has a “heart for children” and only a special few are called to have  large families. 🙄

• Like 15

Congrats to them, I guess. I hope things go smoothly for Whit, but I'm kind of surprised. We all know Alyssa had a fifth because she was determined to get that boy, and Erin is gonna give Carson that brother if it kills her, but Zach and Whit had a tidy little family of two and two. I don't know how these people afford all of this. On the plus side though, you know Carlin and Evan are pissed. If Z&W take time off for the new baby, guess who has to show up at the Boutique? 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 7
  • LOL 10
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Congrats to them, I guess. I hope things go smoothly for Whit, but I'm kind of surprised. We all know Alyssa had a fifth because she was determined to get that boy, and Erin is gonna give Carson that brother if it kills her, but Zach and Whit had a tidy little family of two and two. I don't know how these people afford all of this. On the plus side though, you know Carlin and Evan are pissed. If Z&W take time off for the new baby, guess who has to show up at the Boutique? 🤣🤣🤣

It’s only fair if Whitney experiences morning sickness to take time off from the boutique. I would love to see C&E stepping up to work. 🤣

• Like 9
  • LOL 4