Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Whitney: The Constable and the Carhop

• Start Topic

At least in Whitney's defense, she does seem to know how to speak to her children without sounding like she is meeting them for the first time ever. Carlin is forever telling Layla that she is "so cute." It's like Carlin is speaking of one of Joy's kids who she sees 3 or 4 times a year and doesn't really know anything about at all. Whitney and Zach seem to be doing something right. Their kids are well behaved in comparison to Erin and Chad's and Alyssa and John's group. I can never make it through the videos Alyssa does with the girls screaming in the background for 99% of the time. 

Given how poorly Tori seems to interact with groups of children, I wonder if some of the storyline about Whitney sending Bradley and Kaci there was simply for the show. Or she may send them to be with Carson and Brooklyn one or two days a week. I still maintain that Whitney may eventually be the one to break through and insist that their kids get a school based education. Zach seems to want to do whatever she wants him to do and she seems to have a better grasp on what is possible versus what is not possible. Trying to teach Bradley and Kaci while she's got two in diapers and random people wandering through her backyard to work in the boutique is a set up for her to have a break down.  

I had also thought that they might not have a huge number of kids. However, the longer she stays the only daughter-in-law and the more kids the Bates girls are having, I would assume the peer pressure will be on them for a while longer. One of the other girls at the boutique will have to tap the brakes before Whitney is going to tap them. Erin's not tapping them yet and Carlin probably doesn't know where the brakes are located. 

Whatever happened in her past that she moved in with another family and was estranged from her parents probably left her with a strong need to be the perfect wife and mother. While several of the Bates girls (and others in the world) want to be perfect in pics and on Instagram, she really seems to try hard to do the things she thinks are right. Having Kelly Jo Bates as a mother-in-law has to suck for her. While we see the cracks and chasms in Kelly Jo's facade, she's still marketed and packaged as the ultimate mother. 

This would be a good one to stop with for now. Their home is a typical three bedroom, two bath (maybe 1 but thinking 2) brick, ranch. Two boys in one room and two girls in the other will be fine. More than that and Erin's going to run out of places to put letters from Hobby Lobby on the wall and self adhesive wallpaper.

• Love 10

I agree with all the above. I imagine Whitney's rocky past has left her with a strong desire for acceptance. I think the Bates family appealed to her because they were the close-knit unit she never had. Now that she's reconciled with her bio parents, I'm hoping she becomes more confident and less dependent on Kelly's approval. If Whit stops at four, I'll believe she's reached that mark. 

• Love 7

So Jadon Carl (kid no. 4) was born on 6/7 but is in Tenn Children's Hospital bc his oxygen dropped so he is getting "treatment" to be strong enough to go home. Z&W are soooo thankful to the drs and nurses for working so hard to get their baby ready to go home blah blah. I do hope the kid is fine and this was just one of those things. But I kinda love how this family (all the Bates not just Z&W) is sooo against school or college bc you'd have to sit next to green haired people or working for others bc the could be non Christian heathens, yet when they need medical care to have kid #800000 or fix whatever is going on with kid #80000 they are SOOOO thankful for those green haired heathens who went to med school, nursing school etc. THEN it's ok to accept those people's services because it's about YOU and YOUR BABIES. 

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, cereality said:

So Jadon Carl (kid no. 4) was born on 6/7 but is in Tenn Children's Hospital bc his oxygen dropped so he is getting "treatment" to be strong enough to go home. Z&W are soooo thankful to the drs and nurses for working so hard to get their baby ready to go home blah blah. I do hope the kid is fine and this was just one of those things. But I kinda love how this family (all the Bates not just Z&W) is sooo against school or college bc you'd have to sit next to green haired people or working for others bc the could be non Christian heathens, yet when they need medical care to have kid #800000 or fix whatever is going on with kid #80000 they are SOOOO thankful for those green haired heathens who went to med school, nursing school etc. THEN it's ok to accept those people's services because it's about YOU and YOUR BABIES. 

Yeah, their completely against it until they need hospital, nurses and doctors. Then they are so grateful. But then completely forget about that and go back to being against going to school or college. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Kelly and Carlin camped out on the roof of the parking garage across from Whit's hospital room window when she was giving birth!? And the construction workers working on the hospital roof thought they were insane and/or were somehow cheering for/flirting with the workers!? WTF is wrong with these people!? You've attended 600000 births of kids and grandkids. Starting probably next year when covid becomes less of an issue, you'll be back to attending another 10 births/yr. Is it THAT big of a deal that the couples that give birth in 2020-2021 get to do it without you peering at them? Not to suggest they could see anything but it seems unnecessary, intrusive, and lame to be watching the window of the hospital room and getting Z to bring the baby to the window etc. as if you've never seen a baby/there hasn't been a baby in your family in 50 years. And who does this on a 95 degree day with their own 1 yr old in tow!?

And cue the posts from Kelly now -- she is soooooo grateful for the NICU staff caring for Jadon.

And why the heck is it JadOn and not JadEn. I mean the name was big 15-20 years ago with the whole Jaden/Brayden/Zayden trend -- as Jaden's I know are now graduating high school. You've had 15 years to know how to spell it?!

Edited by cereality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jadon with an "o" is stupid and because I'm in a particularly bitchy mood, Layla is one homely toddler. (Climbs into handbasket to hell).

Agreed she is NOT an attractive kid. Fashionista Carlin may want to buy her some clothes that fit. She has the huge toddler belly which is fine but no shirt ever covers the belly. The video of Kelly and Carlin very obviously shows Kelly pulling down her shirt when C starts recording as the kid's entire belly was hanging out there. And way to get her hooked on whatever Starbucks drink they're drinking. Maybe it wasn't a coffee but even still is it necessary for a 1 yr old!?

• Love 9

Tunic tops for the toddler belly work really well for the not stick thin.  Deliver me from the sugar concoctions on offer at Starbucks.  There is no reason to get young kids hooked on them.  

• Love 5

Jadon is a dumb name.  I hope the little guy is ok. The first birth post police force benefits results in a NICU stay.  Hope Zach is prepared to chop down lots of trees to pay the hospital bills.

Yes!  Layla’s shirts always ride up over her belly.  It looks ridiculous and uncomfortable.  I notice they are always feeding her junk food.  They had better be careful or that adorable baby fat they seem to be so proud of will not disappear when she is 2 or 3.  Something tells me Carlin would not be happy with an overweight toddler.

• Love 4

The situation Z&W are in right now with Jadon in the NICU for at least 2 days is the EXACT reason most people in America hold onto jobs with good benefits or if they want to leave such jobs think really really hard about insurance alternatives, timing of leaving etc. He left his cop job sometime before Sept of last year. They had had covid which he caught at work and Whit was already pregnant -- bc they talked about the fear of getting covid while she was pregnant. So it's not like he quit and THEN she got pregnant. They KNEW a kid was coming. He really couldn't have stayed with the sheriff's office from Sept 2020 to June 2021? Adults often stay 9 extra months at a job whether they want to or not because it's a good financial decision, even if it means that they can't "invest as much in their kids' lives as Gil did."

We looked when this episode aired -- as a cop he had Tenn Blue Cross Blue Shield, a blue chip type of plan for $350/MONTH for a family of 5. That was CRAZY good. They clearly don't have insurance like that now because it'd be $2000+ per month to cover the whole family with that type of insurance. That's the type of insurance where they'd walk out of the hospital paying a $200 copay for all the care Jadon needs and that'd be it. 

I assume Whit (and prob Z too) is on Medicaid as he prob isn't making that much money on the books from Gil and the kid will be covered by Medicaid or some kind of plan for kids under the poverty line - which many states have. Medicaid type plans do have deductibles and out of pocket costs. I mean they aren't huge but often can be capped at a % of yearly pay etc. so I wouldn't be surprised that even with Medicaid/under the poverty line, this costs them more than it would have with Blue Cross 9 months ago.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Jadon is a dumb name.  I hope the little guy is ok. The first birth post police force benefits results in a NICU stay.  Hope Zach is prepared to chop down lots of trees to pay the hospital bills.

Yes!  Layla’s shirts always ride up over her belly.  It looks ridiculous and uncomfortable.  I notice they are always feeding her junk food.  They had better be careful or that adorable baby fat they seem to be so proud of will not disappear when she is 2 or 3.  Something tells me Carlin would not be happy with an overweight toddler.

All these sisters are so comparative that you KNOW if Carlin ends up with the chunky daughter, she is NOT going to be pleased. Erin's kids are downright skinny; I do think Erin (and probably now Chad) makes actual home cooked meals and homemade type snacks too (bc let's be honest I think money is tight) so they eat enough, yet Chad's side of the family is stick thin; I saw a picture of his family once where the brothers were teenagers and were stick skinny - though they all appear to grow into regular size, so Chad's daughters will have that going for them in staying thin. Alyssa's kids probably ARE underfed with the muffin cups she puts out daily with a few pieces of cheese, pretzels, etc. for lunch so they'll stay skinny. Both Josie and Whit appear to have kids that were just never especially chubby babies and Whit's kids got even thinner as they got taller. Josie FWIW constantly shows videos where she's giving Willow pieces of chicken, beans, rice etc. for dinner so at least she's trying to put her on a regular/healthy eating path.

Carlin and Evan OTOH are basically a bunch of teens raising a baby. They themselves consume a good amount of fast food, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're giving their kid a bit of that regularly so they don't have to bother making her something. And then constantly posting videos of giving her ice cream, sips of Sbux drinks, cake pops from Sbux etc. I believe she got a haircut the other day and was rewarded with an ice cream sandwich. Seems unnecessary - give her a sticker or something for a haircut or if you must give her an ice cream sandwich, can you not cut it so she gets a small piece, not an adult size serving?

I feel like most people I know with kids these days went out of their way NOT to introduce a 1 yr old to sugar. While the kid was still relatively non opinionated and fully dependent on the parents for the first 12-24 months, that's when it was all about vegetables, chicken, rice, beans etc. -- so that when they hit 3 and are screaming for waffles daily, you at least know you gave them a good nutrition foundation for the first few years -- not cake pops and Sbux.

• Love 8

First I hope Jadon (what a name) is OK. But when I heard he went into the NICU my first thought was "I wonder if Zach decided to carry COBRA until the baby is born."  But probably they will go on TennCare for the kids but let everyone think he is paying it all out of pocket from cutting down trees.  I have stayed in jobs where I'm miserable because I have to have insurance.  I was talking with someone about a job a few months ago and she said they have a 401(k). I asked if they had medical and she said no.  I can do without a 401(k), I cannot do without medical insurance and it's just me with no kids.  

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

What makes anyone think they are below poverty level or uninsured? They are making bank between the show and the boutique on top of Zach’s tree job. Plus fundies often have their own insurance cooperatives. 

They are not making bank on the show. That pie has to be split how many ways, and UP ain't paying TLC money (which still ain't that much). The boutique has 3 employees now, plus other expenses like professional photography, building rent, etc. But yeah, they've found a niche market and seem to be doing well enough to sell 5000 dresses. 

No clue how much work Zach gets cutting trees. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 6
(edited)

They are ABSOLUTELY uninsured and/or (more likely) on Medicaid. Have you priced insurance lately for a family of 6 in a red state (not that blue states are so much better but there tend to be some more subsidies)? Insurance for ONE person can be easily $700-1000/mo. Insurance for a family is absolutely going to be double that -- so more like $1500-2000/mo. if you're lucky, it could be higher. That's IF you are honest and say you aren't at the poverty line. You really think he's paying 18k-24k in insurance yearly + paying a mortgage on that house + feeding 4 kids?? Come on.

This is Gil's son. Gil the grifter. You KNOW Gil is paying him below the poverty line so as to make sure he can have access to Medicaid esp for the pregnant wife. Maybe he tops it off with a bit of cash on the side to Z but Gil also needs the money himself for the 10+ kids he has at home.

As for UPTv paying $$$$ -- it's a low rated cable channel that lots of homes don't even get. And whatever $$$ they're paying needs to be split between G&K; Erin; Josie; Carlin; Z&W; Tori; Michael; Law; Nathan -- i.e. all the kids in Knox and I bet Law and Nathan demand their own cut, not just from G&K's share for the younger kids.

As for the boutique making bank -- again split between Erin and Whit and Carlin -- and it's a limited type of market and now they pay rent and employees too. And even still you think the boutique is buying them 24k/yr in insurance?

Besides Gil made statements when he was raising his own family -- you barter w drs you know for services (private practice fundies like Vick not so hospital drs); if all else fails you go to the ER, they can't turn you away. These are the statements of a man who is not a planner, who has raised his sons not to be planners -- even Z who had a steady paycheck/retirement/insurance, gave it up with a pregnant wife and 3 young kids at home bc planning isn't as important as being home to "invest in the kids' lives."

Edited by cereality
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, cereality said:

They are ABSOLUTELY uninsured and/or (more likely) on Medicaid. Have you priced insurance lately for a family of 6 in a red state (not that blue states are so much better but there tend to be some more subsidies)? Insurance for ONE person can be easily $700-1000/mo. Insurance for a family is absolutely going to be double that -- so more like $1500-2000/mo. if you're lucky, it could be higher. That's IF you are honest and say you aren't at the poverty line. You really think he's paying 18k-24k in insurance yearly + paying a mortgage on that house + feeding 4 kids?? Come on.

This is Gil's son. Gil the grifter. You KNOW Gil is paying him below the poverty line so as to make sure he can have access to Medicaid esp for the pregnant wife. Maybe he tops it off with a bit of cash on the side to Z but Gil also needs the money himself for the 10+ kids he has at home.

I don’t think we KNOW anything. None of these families live in shacks, or wear rags, or forgo any of the nicer things in life. They appear prosperous. They have jobs, even the women. Or YouTube or Instagram money. They’re making it work somehow, and it’s not grifting like the Rods who DON’T appear prosperous. Are they gaming the system? Maybe. Are they in debt? No clue. 
Perhaps one of their businesses gives them insurance so it’s not out of their personal pockets. 

For so many of these reality shows we can’t figure out how they are affording their lifestyles (looking at you, Brown family).

We can’t always go by what they’ve said and done in the past either. They have changed a lot from the early days in lots of ways. Unfortunately one thing that hasn’t changed is their core beliefs (not talking about outward things like wearing pants or dating, but the fundy Jesus stuff).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I agree they certainly aren't dirt poor. They aren't like the fundies we've seen over the years who clearly cannot feed their kids enough. But I do think they're paycheck to paycheck and things like insurance which are big costs in the US just aren't easy to purchase.

I mean Erin/Chad live in a 2 room rental with 4 KIDS and some kids sleeping in roll out beds; you don't do that if your husband's contracting business and your retail shop are bringing in $$$$. John & Alyssa say money is tight and that they have a hard time budgeting and sticking to any type of budget. Evan openly says money is tight esp with a kid now, he's always looking for cheap deals/cheap fast food etc.

Yet they all seem to have the nicest of stuff -- from iPhones to robot vacuums to Carlin today posting from some salon w/ some dye job that couldn't be that cheap (and it wasn't Katie nor Josie's old salon). I think their hawking of products on Insta gets them some free products esp for the kids. I think YouTube channels - which I'm surprised Z&W don't have one - generally pay about $3 to $5 per 1000 views. In a week where they can grab 75k views (which Evan & Carlin can sometimes; Alyssa's videos tend to be more like 20k), that's an extra $375 right there. I think that extra money is what pays for the constant phone upgrades, newest tech gadgets, nicer clothing for the wives etc. 

It also isn't shocking that the entire family seems to be carrying around Starbucks more often, carrying iPhones, dressing better etc. than when they were kids. When they were kids there was NO room for extras bc G&K were just worried about feeding and clothing 19. Now he has 7 kids off his payroll + Nathan/Law/Trace/Jackson/Warden/Isiah living at home but bringing in $$ (and I bet expected to buy their own clothes, phones, Sbux), he is only providing for 6 kids now. Add to that that a lot of their dinners out, date nights, trips, crazy engagement trips are comped for appearances on UPTv, of course they appear to be more well off. But it's appearances and this small potatoes stuff doesn't pay for big costs like health insurance or retirement savings etc. But hey I guess a huge % of Americans don't worry about that stuff, so why should the Bates.

• Love 9

I can confirm that UP is truly a struggling channel. Their income statements are not pretty. While the Bates are a great source of income for them and they do pay the family, it is not on the level that many reality people get paid. There are other perks they get. For example, the show will buy them phones and pay for those plans so that A) they can record some calls for the show and B) they can ask for footage/video shot on the phones. 

I know there is always talk about maybe UP pays for trips or for the weddings. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know a few people on a professional level at UP. They tend to pay for venue fees. A part of my job, which is includes rental locations and parks that production companies like to use, is to negotiate those fees. So we'll say reality show person one is marrying reality person two. We would rent the park at $2,000. UP wants to film it. Then I tack on an additional $10,000 for UP to pay because we have to deal with crews, lighting, sound, etc. They are going to be tromping all over the grass with heavy equipment and we have to worry about security, etc. So UP comes back and says they want to film the wedding, the trip to see the location, and the rehearsal. I up the price to $15,000. UP hands over the money and now I'm less concerned with that $2,000 from the couple. In fact UP might volunteer to pay that if they can use a city parking lot for staging their equipment. 

So I doubt UP would pay for the dress or for the honeymoon...if they paid for a honeymoon, I doubt Josie or Carlin would have gone to an all inclusive location where they couldn't film. Yes, they did their supposed pre-honeymoon trips but the evidence indicates those were lied about in terms of timing. 

I think that while they look to be doing well financially, there is evidence that they aren't necessarily banking any of the money or preparing for a worst case situation. With my family in that area, they actually think such things as insurance are a waste and a sign that you don't trust God to care for you. According to a lot of people at a funeral I recently attended, that is the case for many of them. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
(edited)

So last night Jadon's right lung collapsed and he's now on a vent and has a chest tube. Man I hope that kid is doing ok. Wonder what's causing all this?? Could Whit having had covid early in the pregnancy somehow have affected him -- though it was so early on that IDK if a kid even has lungs developed at that point. Was he born early? He came out at a decent weight - 7+ lbs. Doing better today per Z&W's Insta though I assume that's bc he's on a vent and chest tube. But hey the drs. and nurses are stopping to pray with Z&W so that's great . . . I know I know it's Tenn but 🙄

Edited by cereality
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

With my family in that area, they actually think such things as insurance are a waste and a sign that you don't trust God to care for you. According to a lot of people at a funeral I recently attended, that is the case for many of them. 

I think that's a huge part of it. People who are SO religious ultimately come back to -- God will provide. You KNOW if Whit wanted Z to quit the police force and he expressed any hesitation to her or Gil or said yeah but you know the health insurance is really good or the 401k has a crazy 7% match or whatever, you KNOW Gil would be like -- don't you trust God. Why do you need the BEST insurance or to save SO much for retirement as a mere 32 year old?? Go pray because you seem to have lost your faith . . . .

For people like Gil and lots of others who feel that way, it doesn't matter HOW God provides, it's just that he does. Like many regular Americans would be like nope don't want to be uninsured or on Medicaid bc it doesn't give me much choice (or any choice) re specialists, what if we need one. People like this -- oh please a dr. is a dr., it doesn't matter. If you need an ultrasound for a gender reveal (bc why else would you need one), you'll go to one of them strip malls, you don't need them fancy OBGYNs at U. Tenn to tell you boy or girl; Dr. Vick is great, he's no different than than fancy Harvard Med educated dr. etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

When I looked at Whitney and Zach in the NICU with baby Jadon, what surprised me the most was the fact that they were NOT WEARING MASKS!  Their little guy has a breathing problem, for goodness sake!

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

When I looked at Whitney and Zach in the NICU with baby Jadon, what surprised me the most was the fact that they were NOT WEARING MASKS!  Their little guy has a breathing problem, for goodness sake!

5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Isn't it on TN Children's to enforce mask rules? 

These people are clueless.

Its on both. Whitney and Zach are the parents and Jadon is a newborn with breathing problems. Who knows if they have been vaccinated but Zach's youngest siblings haven't been or their nieces and nephews. But they darn well know newborns haven't been yet and can still pass the virus onto Jadon and any other baby in the NICU. They should be wearing masks. Its also on the hospital to enforce the rules.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 4
(edited)

Zach and Whitney had covid when she was in her first trimester. They are probably of the ilk who believe they can't get it again, so why vaccinate?

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Autocorrect didn't recognize ilk as a word.
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'd be shocked if any of these people (save maybe Michael and Brandon who seem like they read/understand things) are vaccinated or are even planning to be vaccinated. As social media whorish as they all are, if even one of the siblings was vaccinated, you know we would have seen a selfie. I'm sure they're in the camp of NBD, it's just the flu, it's an untested vax, God will protect. I know he's not their family but is cut from the same cloth -- Evan's brother was making fun of people getting the vax . . . .

For right now it may be ok in daily life (w/o a NICU baby) as they all had it and immunities are pretty strong, but natural immunity does wear off and yeah even though Z&W have had it, it's quite possible they could pick it up again/carry it to Jadon.  Plus if they had it last Aug/Sept, the strains circulating now are different from back then.

As for the hospital enforcing, I think I've seen some masks on their chins/in their hands. I have a feeling they probably mask up to enter the hospital and walk to the NICU and are probably still masked up when drs/nurses are near them giving them updates. But you know the minute the nurse walks away, masks come off bc come on they need perfect pics with Jadon. As much as hospitals are going to enforce their rules if they see you, they also can't be looking at you 24-7, some of it has to be you being the adult and the parent and being like there's a pandemic and I have a NICU baby, let's just be careful!? I wonder if NICU drs have suggested to Z&W that they must vaccinate -- even still it's only been 4 days; even if they listened to drs. and vaccinated the moment he went to the NICU (and I don't see that - I feel like they're prob still praying about it), the vax haven't kicked in yet in 4 days anyway.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 6

And just saw an article on People.com of all places -- CDC has put out an alert as RSV is unusually wide spread right now in the southern states including Tenn. Something about how it hasn't circulated for a year so now that people are out and about circulation is spiking.

I hope when Jadon is released to go home with these 2 idiots, they give very specific direction that they are to isolate in their home with just the 6 of them for 3 full months or whatever the "safe" period is for an infant. I'm thinking a baby with a lung issue bad enough for a vent and a chest tube should not be subject to G&K showing up with a van full of kids with Kelly squealing in the baby's face and the baby then being passed to all 97 aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews for pictures. W/r/t covid -- in a crowd that big, who knows who could be carrying what asymptomatically. W/r/t RSV -- it can present as just a cold but it tends to hit some infants really hard and they end up hospitalized and even as "just a cold" for a baby under 3-4 months, they land in the hospital for a spinal tap etc. just to rule everything out.

I know the world is now largely open (not that it ever shut down for the Bates to begin with) but these aunts and uncles are literally all over the place and would not have the sense to be like um no I won't go over or I won't hold the baby, I was just in an airport, at a wedding, with Travis's 25 family members yesterday. I mean Katie is in NJ vacationing at the beach with Travis's family; Carlin and Evan go to Nashville every weekend and spend all their time there going out with dozens of friends and family to public venues like Top Golf; Nathan and Lawson are constantly flying to their gfs and then going out with them in Pa and Ca; Bobby and Kelton have jobs where they are in people's homes; Josie is up in people's faces doing their hair for weddings. Like the amount of geographic exposure they have is crazy -- which is their choice -- but let's not subject a sick newborn to it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Agreed. Not even a desperately sick NICU baby will stop these chucklefucks. Especially virulently anti-mask, anti-vax Uncle Lawson. 

I hope that in spite of the poor odds, Jadon makes it. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Autocorrect strikes again!
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Would Jadon maybe qualify for the monthly injections to help prevent RSV?  They're expensive so Medicaid might not approve them, but it might save him more suffering.

Didn’t even realize there were RSV shots? I bet a NICU baby who needed a chest tube/vent, going home to a house with 3 older siblings so likely to be subject to colds etc they catch, at a time when RSV is spreading prob does qualify. It might cost them something out of pocket but that type of security may be worth it. I wonder if they’d do it though esp if the older siblings, none of the nieces/nephews ever had those shots or will it be a - god will protect - thing.

• Love 4

It’s east Tenn so the drs from there are prob used to this, but I can only imagine the residents etc who may not be from Tenn but are just training at this hospital. “We think Jadon will be in the hospital for X more days so we recommend you two get vaccinated ASAP even today bc we can’t vaccinate him but you can protect him somewhat that way + some antibodies do pass in breast milk + we can protect him further with RSV shots before we discharge him” — “nah thx for all you did with the chest tube and all but we don’t need them new vax and we didn’t give our other kids RSV shots so he doesn’t need them, God will protect us . . . .” Uh ok well then why do you need a children’s hospitals services to begin with??

• Love 7

Yeah Z&W's IG yesterday made it seem like there was a ways to go. He came off the vent sounded like on Friday night. Then they said they'd do an xray sometime Saturday/Sunday to see if his collapsed lung is healed enough to take the chest tube out -- so maybe that happened today? Then the central line needs to come out. They said these were the big 3 things -- vent; chest tube; central line -- but then after that there's a number of smaller milestones he needs to meet -- presumably they meant he needs to meet those to go home. He was born 6/7 -- it's going to be at least a week in the NICU if he can meet all of those next steps by tomorrow, which probably isn't super likely.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I know someone whose baby had breathing problems. The baby was in the NICU a week that baby didn't have a collapsed lung or chest tube. I'd be shocked if the poor baby went home tomorrow. Sending good vibes to little Jadon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I am very happy to hear that little Jadon is much improved.  
But maybe Whitney could have also acknowledged the doctors and nurses in the NICU instead of giving all the credit to God and prayers. I know she mentioned them a few days ago, but it wouldn’t have hurt to say thanks again.

• Love 11

I agree that thanking God is appropriate. I believe prayer has power. HOWEVER, would little Jadon's improvement have happened if prayer was solely used? I think the medical staff and medical technology helped the little guy along as well. Jadon was in the right place with the right professionals here on earth looking after him. Whitney, please thank the medical staff as well.

• Love 10

They really have no sense do they? I'll never understand how they can be so stupid when it comes to their children's health. Jadon was just on a respirator and other tubes but sure let Aunt Carlin hold him who hasn't been at all smart with her own baby with health problems. How do things like that not wake them up?

• Love 9
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

They really have no sense do they? I'll never understand how they can be so stupid when it comes to their children's health. Jadon was just on a respirator and other tubes but sure let Aunt Carlin hold him who hasn't been at all smart with her own baby with health problems. How do things like that not wake them up?

But… JESUS will protect them, don’t you know? 😉
Seriously, the lack of common sense is truly mind boggling.

• Love 8

And now Alyssa is visiting and holding Jadon. I mean of course. She probably returns to Fla in a few days, she can't NOT go see grandchild number 16,000.

Never mind that 2 days ago both she and Carlin spent the entire day at Target (unmasked of course) with Katie for her wedding registry. Then yesterday it was an entire day at the zoo with tons of unmasked children -- theirs and the other random kids at the zoo yesterday. NBD that the pandemic is still ongoing esp for people who are unvaccinated which I am 99% sure these fools are and having had covid doesn't fully protect them anymore as this Delta variant now doubling every 2 weeks in the U.S. is different than last year's variants. NBD that RSV is widespread right now too in the state they're in. I mean the kid just got home for a 9 day NICU stay for LUNG issues but hey NBD, God etc.

I assume they think they're being safe because neither Alyssa nor Carlin brought their gaggle of toddlers. Usually we'd see OMG Aly has to hold him and now Zoey and now we need a pic of Layla kissing him blah blah. So maybe that's Z&W's "line" -- adult visitors only -- though IDK if that really matters because sure you don't have 2 year olds kissing him but guess what the adults kissing him JUST kissed their 2 yr old before driving over to you!?

Seems like Josie's kid and Z&W's kid overlapped in the same NICU for a day or so bc last night at discharge, Josie and Whit both posted a picture hugging each other. Was interesting to see that Josie was masked and Whit wasn't. Leads me to believe that masks ARE required but Z&W just went with -- oh these drs/nurses are too nice to say anything so I don't need to wear one but if they say something -- you know in between running from incubator to incubator to save lives -- then sure I'll put one on. So this is who Jadon has looking out for him . . . .

Was too optimistic -- Alyssa posted a pic of 3 of her kids with Jadon. Alyssa is holding Jadon not the kids but clearly they're not keeping sniffly toddlers who've been traveling all week away from a fresh from the NICU infant. Genius awards all around.

1 hour ago, cereality said:

Was too optimistic -- Alyssa posted a pic of 3 of her kids with Jadon. Alyssa is holding Jadon not the kids but clearly they're not keeping sniffly toddlers who've been traveling all week away from a fresh from the NICU infant. Genius awards all around.

I agree with everything you've said in both posts. The entire horde of them are irresponsible and disgusting. Can you imagine being the doctor and explaining Jadon's health issues to those two stupid, clueless blank faces?! You know, it might have to take one of them to die from covid before they do anything responsible. (I know Kelly's mothers husband passed from it, I was thinking one of the younger family members) not that I wish it on anyone!  

• Love 3