Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Whitney: The Constable and the Carhop

• Start Topic

Do we ever see one of the guys posting something like this about their wives? Not that I really want them to post some fawning ode to their amazing wives, but it just seems like it's always the women praising the men for something and not the other way around. 

• Love 7

Why do they always have to include 'what the Lord has in store for you'? What could He have in store for these girls?...we already know, being undereducated, early and quick courtships, a wedding and baby after baby. Their beliefs already dictate that this is a female's God-given destiny. So why wonder?

• Love 4

But they don't know WHICH godly young man she will marry too soon and procreate with before she should. 

Hence the wondering what God has in store for them. 

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 3
On 8/16/2020 at 11:08 AM, Chicklet said:

But they don't know WHICH godly young man she will marry too soon and procreate with before she should. 

Hence the wondering what God has in store for them. 

Given the over the top courtship proposals and engagements, I'm guessing that a large part of what the lord has in store is what location these girls will get to go to someday to become chattel. 

They're dreaming about the smiles and giggles that'll soon fill their home? Uh idiots you have 3 kids under the age of 6 including a freaking ONE year old. They act like they are childfree at age 45 and are sooooo blessed to be able to have one finally. And I like Z&W relative to the rest of this family . . . .

• Love 8

Is it me or is it still awfully early to be publicly announcing a baby due in June 2021?   Especially from a couple who's been through the sorrow of a miscarriage AND the mother has developed Covid during the pregnancy? 

• Love 4

I do not understand this need to be either pregnant or giving birth year after year. Their youngest just turned 1 a coupe of weeks ago. 

They better hope  Bringing up Bates gravy train keeps rolling along. I don't think the deputy sheriff's pay and the clothing line will be 

able to support these large families in the style that they have become accustomed to.

• Love 5

I think Zach probably prefers as few kids as possible -- I think he would've been fine with 2 or just ended it with the 3rd they had. He clearly likes nice things -- like a nice house that is comfortable. I'm fairly sure as the oldest he remembers what it was like living with 21 people (or maybe it was like 17 or whatever if the youngest kids hadn't been born yet) in a shack and meals being stretched to feed everyone. I also think once his first relationship fell apart despite doing everything mommy and daddy always preached and he realized - hmm this fell apart bc I'm a grown man whose been raised by mommy and daddy never to speak to a girl and suddenly here I was engaged (courting?) with nothing to say to this girl, that's not a man; once that relationship fell apart and he went about on his own meeting Whit, I think he realized G&K are full of shit on most things -- including having a baby per yr for the next 20 yrs.

BUT I think Whit has tried SOOO hard to get in good with Kelly and to be besties with Erin, Tori, and Carlin that SHE is the one who has MIL and sisters in law in her ear re OMG as many babies as possible. If it was at all known or even hinted that she and Zach would be ok with 2 or 3 kids -- and hence would use birth control for the rest of her childbearing years -- you KNOW Kelly not so subtly "hinted" that maybe they had that miscarriage bc God was angered that they are even talking birth control or 2 or 3 kids or limited family size or whatever. If Kelly has been mean enough to suggest that - and I think that woman is def mean just with a smile on her face and a chipper southern twang, you can believe that Whit - in her desperation to fit in with the family - has been all over Zach re more kids. Now ultimately I don't think this lasts forever as I STILL don't see Zach being interested in 10 kids, but I can see him having 5-7 -- i.e. more kids than he'd want. 

It's interesting that Alyssa -- who is similar to Zach in wanting order and nice things -- is openly saying this 4th kid is very likely their last. I have to imagine Kelly is in her ear too about how that's wrong, how God decides, look God healed your heart issues and allowed you to have more babies and you're looking to stop etc. Yet I think Alyssa has no problem telling her mother to shove it. She may not say it but I think she'd let it go in one ear, out the other and do what she and John wanted. Alyssa clearly demonstrates wanting to step back from the family, while Whit demonstrates a desperation to be part of it.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

four children is not really a lot. its seems pretty average to me. i had four and if i could have had more, i probably would have. i am NOT fundy either. but really, four is manageable. now....8, 9, 10 - thats a lot!

• Love 1

May not have been planned but I doubt they actively prevented either. When 2 young healthy people - where mom isn’t even 30 yet - are having sex and not actively doing anything at preventing conception, isn’t a baby eventually going to be made?

For Z’s sake as I think he probably wants fewer kids but probably not to the point where he’d deny W more kids, hope this next ones a boy. I know they’ve already got one boy but we’ve heard Chad say more than once that Carson needs a brother and that it isn’t good for Carson to just be with girls all the time. So likely this cult agrees — which means W has bought into that — and they probably fear a boy growing up with just sisters could end up gay. If this next one is a boy, I could see the baby train ending with 4-5 kids. If the next is a girl, well they’ll keep going and that’s how you could end up w 7+ kids if you get a bunch of girls in a row.

• Love 4

I'm not surprised. If not for the miscarriage between Kaci and Khloe they'd four kids a lot sooner. I want to hope they won't end up with a ton of kids Zach and Whitney seem to like having a nice house and stuff but seen how fast they've had kids I have my doubts. Its same with Alyssa I'd like to believe what she says but she's had four kids pretty quickly and would have had number four sooner if not for her heart problems. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 6

Will they stop at 4?  Who knows?  Bradley will have a brother, but there will be a pretty big age difference so I doubt they will be "best buddies" right away.  

Don't think Zach makes a huge salary, and no idea how much Whitney brings home from the boutique.  She seems to have mastered the influencer hustle to get some free stuff, but fancy skincare and FabFitFun boxes are just little luxuries that won't help pay the mortgage. As mentioned in previous posts they do seem to like nice things, and Zach has probably not forgotten the lean times when he was younger.  

Right now the kids are young and adorable and it makes for lots of cute photo-ops.  The financial issues only really hit home when they get older and start eating more, needing braces, etc.  If they keep pumping out the kids they will hit that wall at some point.  

I do think that all of these young women are more than a little vain and put a lot of stock in their physical appearances.  At some point it will be a lot harder to bounce back after having their latest baby and I would not be at all surprised if that was the factor that put the brakes on the baby train, but, of course they will never admit it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, she is homeschooling. Tori was actually doing the work the last I heard. Not sure if she's kept that up.

Is this like at the Duggars where all the kids and grandkids that are school age are taught together? IIRC Kelly doesn’t teach her kids anymore just like Meechelle.

• Useful 1
42 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Is this like at the Duggars where all the kids and grandkids that are school age are taught together? IIRC Kelly doesn’t teach her kids anymore just like Meechelle.

That's what Tori was doing about a year ago. I have no no clue how effective it was, if she's still doing it, or how much Whitney teaches her own kids. It's all kind of shrouded in mystery. 

• Love 4

I think we can safely assume the “home schooling “ is haphazard at best, regardless of who is in charge. Based on posts by Alyssa, she seems to plop the child in front of a tablet with headphones on. So even though Tori has a college degree, I can’t imagine she’s doing much more than that.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I think we can safely assume the “home schooling “ is haphazard at best, regardless of who is in charge. Based on posts by Alyssa, she seems to plop the child in front of a tablet with headphones on. So even though Tori has a college degree, I can’t imagine she’s doing much more than that.

Especially as she's pregnant and taking care of her own small children all the time.

• Love 3

Sitting your children in front of a computer screen and have them do it themselves TO ME, is not homeschooling. As I understand it, homeschooling is supposed to involve one of the parents on a steady and consistent basis. They are supposed to be THE TEACHER. If this was the best way, teachers in a brick and mortar school would simply have each student in the classroom turn on their computer monitors and work independently on any given lesson. Children need instruction and explanation on various subjects that are taught in schools. Dialogue and conversation makes the learning complete. This, of course, is my opinion. I'm sure Alyssa does little or none of this...much like the 'other' homeschoolers in their group (Duggars included).

• Love 12
On 1/30/2021 at 4:38 AM, floridamom said:

Sitting your children in front of a computer screen and have them do it themselves TO ME, is not homeschooling. As I understand it, homeschooling is supposed to involve one of the parents on a steady and consistent basis. They are supposed to be THE TEACHER. If this was the best way, teachers in a brick and mortar school would simply have each student in the classroom turn on their computer monitors and work independently on any given lesson. Children need instruction and explanation on various subjects that are taught in schools. Dialogue and conversation makes the learning complete. This, of course, is my opinion. I'm sure Alyssa does little or none of this...much like the 'other' homeschoolers in their group (Duggars included).

So  much this.  Teaching is a difficult and rewarding job.  When done well, the value is immeasurable.  If they are just shoving the kids at a computer with mediocre at best fundie learning materials, they are doing a great disservice to their children and should not be allowed to call that education. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

So  much this.  Teaching is a difficult and rewarding job.  When done well, the value is immeasurable.  If they are just shoving the kids at a computer with mediocre at best fundie learning materials, they are doing a great disservice to their children and show not be allowed to call that education. 

Totally agree.  Unfortunately, that's all these young women know.  Alyssa herself had a sub-standard education and she never wanted to go to Crown like her sisters because, to paraphrase her own words, she knew she was getting married and starting a family so what was the point?  Sadly the disdain for public education has been drilled into all of them and the cycle will continue.  

Edited by 3 is enough

I remember Alyssa's statement about not going to Crown College. It was sad; as if her own life was already over and there was no need to learn anything. The personal experience in attending a brick and mortal school with other students has value. I'm sorry she doesn't value that.