Type keyword(s) to search

"I Can Clean My Own Vagina Now": Updates on Previous People Featured

• Start Topic

No need for them to Google low carb eating. They got a very limited list of allowed foods with weights and portion size.  The knew damn well what to do.  850 calories is a very small amount of food.  It is not complicated.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, wings707 said:

No need for them to Google low carb eating. They got a very limited list of allowed foods with weights and portion size.  The knew damn well what to do.  850 calories is a very small amount of food.  It is not complicated.  

Yep. What they wanted was a loophole. A big ass one that would allow Chinese and triple meat burgers and still produce a loss on the scale. No such animal my friend.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Yep. What they wanted was a loophole. A big ass one that would allow Chinese and triple meat burgers and still produce a loss on the scale. No such animal my friend.

Like when "rice" wasn't on James K's list of foods and he's like, "but it's frahyd rahyce". He could be a Food Lawyer. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, wings707 said:

Right, that was what I meant to be getting at. If they truly didn't understand the info they were given, they could google or call the doctor or SOMETHING. But they just want to bitch and moan and, as you say, find a nonexistent loophole. They don't really want to know what to do. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2

I was trying to quote but couldn't post without errors, so I deleted them to see if this will go through. Regarding the anorexia, there was a comment that the weight loss surgery was a risk factor for anorexia because it was an eating disorder at the other end of the spectrum, and the response was that the surgery wasn't a risk factor because the psychological issue that causes the anorexia is independent of the surgery and would happen without the surgery, too.

Christina admitted anorexic behaviors to Dr. Now. I don't think that was being debated, there was just something missed in translation.

(edited)

(I see this thread has been quiet for a loooooonnnnng time now) BUT -- I watched the Penny episode again yesterday and I was shocked when she told the paramedic in the ambulance that she had lost about 340 lbs!!!!!!!   I was like wwwwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaatttttttt?????  She is so delusional.  And when she complained after the nutritionist had given a lesson in nutrition and food and left her house .. Penny took issue with the information and said "that is all BS".  She is lying there bedbound like a huge 600 lb bucket of motionless pork fat and thinks the nutritionist is full of BS???  I have no words for her ignorance.  And when the nutritionist arrived asking Penny questions on what she hoped to accomplish with her weight loss and what did she want out of it.....Penny says.....I refuse to answer that question.  That is a ridiculous thing to ask. Then complained about the responsibility of people to take responsibility for their actions or some such nonsense.

ETA:  Oh and I almost forgot this one....as she lays in the hospital bed after surgery and the nurses bring in her dinner and discuss her soft food diet.......Penny says "No one told me I had to lose weight when I got here"!!! 

WTF???????????? She just had weight loss surgery...WTF did she think she was there for?  SMH SMH SMH

Edited by gigiann
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

It looks like this weeks update episode will be Pauline... that'll be interesting.

That will be interesting.  We've already seen an update on Pauline, and it seemed she had made peace with Dr. Now and was actually trying to have a life outside of eating and having her son do everything.  She actually made Penny's "update" look worse!  

5 hours ago, leighroda said:

It looks like this weeks update episode will be Pauline... that'll be interesting.

Oh God. It looks like Joe is with her. Wasn't he the one that had like... three GoFundMe's to pay for his wedding and honeymoon?

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/19/2017 at 4:35 PM, gigiann said:

(I see this thread has been quiet for a loooooonnnnng time now) BUT -- I watched the Penny episode again yesterday and I was shocked when she told the paramedic in the ambulance that she had lost about 340 lbs!!!!!!!   I was like wwwwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaatttttttt?????  She is so delusional.  And when she complained after the nutritionist had given a lesson in nutrition and food and left her house .. Penny took issue with the information and said "that is all BS".  She is lying there bedbound like a huge 600 lb bucket of motionless pork fat and thinks the nutritionist is full of BS???  I have no words for her ignorance.  And when the nutritionist arrived asking Penny questions on what she hoped to accomplish with her weight loss and what did she want out of it.....Penny says.....I refuse to answer that question.  That is a ridiculous thing to ask. Then complained about the responsibility of people to take responsibility for their actions or some such nonsense.

ETA:  Oh and I almost forgot this one....as she lays in the hospital bed after surgery and the nurses bring in her dinner and discuss her soft food diet.......Penny says "No one told me I had to lose weight when I got here"!!! 

WTF???????????? She just had weight loss surgery...WTF did she think she was there for?  SMH SMH SMH

Well thanks for taking one for the team gigiann because Penny is one of those M600PL people that I cannot even hate re-watch. I found her original episode so disturbing on so many levels, especially how she drags her son down with her selfish and delusional bullshit.

I hadn't seen her episode for quite some time and didn't remember her saying that she had lost 340 pounds. Just another reminder of how much I loathe this woman. I do remember her totally disrespectful and dismissive attitude towards the nutritionist.

Well, we can all look forward to an update on her sistah from another mistah, Pauline, next Wednesday. That could make for a night of some epic snark. ;)

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Clarification.
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:38 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Unless they were illiterate, they could read what Now gave them. I don't think it's for lack of guidance, it's for lack of commitment. 

We talked about this in some thread recently, and someone posted a link to the instructions.
They really needed simplification and just rewriting for the people who receive them.  There are people who redo things for a certain grade level.

• Love 1

I have kinda a general question, and I wasn't sure where to put it, so I ended up here in case anyone had some insight. 

As we know therapy is usually a part of the process... but almost every person on the show is reluctant to see a therapist. I have a biased opinion, I've been in therapy for years and I'm a proponent that everyone could benefit from therapy to some degree, not necessarily at any regular interval, but at one time or another her most people could benefit from it.  

To some degree I get it, a lot of the issues covered on this show relate to food addiction, and I know addicts don't tend to want help because they don't see there being a problem, or they don't want the problem to be fixed, they want to keep their vice whatever it may be, or they are worried about what will be brought up. I just find it interesting that therapy seems to be one of the biggest fears in dr now's patients. 

I guess it's a "to each their own" thing... therapy isn't for everyone... but I find it interesting that across the board (at least on the show) they almost always say they don't want to see the therapist.

• Love 4

That's an interesting observation @leighroda and I agree with it. To fix a problem, you have to first acknowledge that you have a problem and I think that's where some of the M600PL people fall off the wagon. They don't want to admit they have a problem, much less do what's necessary to deal with it. They're classic ostriches with their heads in the sand. They also may not realize they are as big as they are. Most don't weigh themselves regularly and don't have full length mirrors in their homes. 

• Love 3

Much like Penny does not need her oxygen but wears the tubing when the camera was filming to maintain her disability payments .......I have never believed she is bedridden.  She strikes me as someone who will do anything to make sure she will never have to work.  Including lay on a pee pad.

• Love 3
On 5/21/2017 at 1:56 PM, leighroda said:

I have kinda a general question, and I wasn't sure where to put it, so I ended up here in case anyone had some insight. 

As we know therapy is usually a part of the process... but almost every person on the show is reluctant to see a therapist. I have a biased opinion, I've been in therapy for years and I'm a proponent that everyone could benefit from therapy to some degree, not necessarily at any regular interval, but at one time or another her most people could benefit from it.  

To some degree I get it, a lot of the issues covered on this show relate to food addiction, and I know addicts don't tend to want help because they don't see there being a problem, or they don't want the problem to be fixed, they want to keep their vice whatever it may be, or they are worried about what will be brought up. I just find it interesting that therapy seems to be one of the biggest fears in dr now's patients. 

I guess it's a "to each their own" thing... therapy isn't for everyone... but I find it interesting that across the board (at least on the show) they almost always say they don't want to see the therapist.

This is completely my own opinion with absolutely nothing to support it other than the power of the internet and the fact I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

I suppose their reluctance to go to a therapist may have something to do with the fact that the people on this show are major outliers even in the morbidly obese population.  They are so far on the right side of the bell curve that it's nearly impossible to even find a doctor willing to do the weight loss surgery.  To get to this level, they have to have  major demons, and be in some intense denial or they probably would have had some therapy before getting to this place.  I'm guessing the normal logical rules that most of us follow don't apply to this group.

• Love 4
(edited)

As someone that's been in therapy for ten years, I think a lot people don't want to go because:

1. It involves admitting there's a problem.

2. It requires incredible emotional stamina that is extremely difficult to face.

3. People do not want to believe past events can affect their current behavior.

4. It is not an easy or quick process

5. Depending on the issue at hand, you will, at some point, get called out on your bullshit.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

As someone that's been in therapy for ten years, I think a lot people don't want to go because:

1. It involves admitting there's a problem.

2. It requires incredible emotional stamina that is extremely difficult to face.

3. People do not want to believe past events can affect their current behavior.

4. It is not an easy or quick process

5. Depending on the issue at hand, you will, at some point, get called out on your bullshit.

I will also add that going to a therapist may be a cultural thing. I've met a few international grad students in my time who really needed a therapist. They felt they should deal with their problems on their own (despite people telling them that they weren't dealing with them well and could use some help) and also had a sense of shame in going to a therapist. No way would they talk about therapy in casual conversation they way most of us would. They were from Western European countries, so it's not like they were from places without therapists.  

• Love 2
On 5/20/2017 at 3:57 PM, mysticalflute said:

Oh God. It looks like Joe is with her. Wasn't he the one that had like... three GoFundMe's to pay for his wedding and honeymoon?

He wanted to buy a house, too!

• Love 3

I don't know if I can stomach ( hee hee) this episode tonight.   Two of the most annoying.

Joe, I thought he was a female for most of the show.  His mother skeeved me too.

Aahhh mah brain.......

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I don't know if I can stomach ( hee hee) this episode tonight.   Two of the most annoying.

Joe, I thought he was a female for most of the show.  His mother skeeved me too.

Aahhh mah brain.......

Lol..you did?! Immediately thought of Austin Powers, "That's a man baby"

• Love 3

I apologize for not being able to remember who was in Houston, and out of curiosity drove to "The Clinic".  She didn't mention this, but in one of the recent updates (don't remember which update either; mind like sieve), someone driving out of The Clinic, the camera showed a Whole Foods like right next door.  Yeah, WF is pricey, but zero excuse for relying on fast food.  WF is cheaper actually than relying on fast food.  Hey Lisa, WF even has Chinese!   Not that Dr. Now would want James to eat it, even from WF.  What I'm saying, if there is a WF right there, getting healthy foods is easy when one goes to The Clinic.  And it's not like Houston is a food desert  

Catching up this weekend on the Supersized dvr'ed episodes.  My IQ has gone down.  :D

• Love 5
On 5/19/2017 at 1:35 PM, gigiann said:

And she looked totally stoned when she said it, too. Ugh. IDK if it was just her facial expression or if she was on meds, but it was really weird. 

• Love 1
On 5/24/2017 at 11:45 AM, Pretty5Vacant said:

Lol..you did?! Immediately thought of Austin Powers, "That's a man baby"

His face/hair and voice reminded me of one of my former stepmothers. It freaked me out, man.

You know what I hated the most? The way he said: "Awesome". Something about the inflection.

On 5/28/2017 at 5:37 PM, Otter said:

I apologize for not being able to remember who was in Houston, and out of curiosity drove to "The Clinic".  She didn't mention this, but in one of the recent updates (don't remember which update either; mind like sieve), someone driving out of The Clinic, the camera showed a Whole Foods like right next door.  Yeah, WF is pricey, but zero excuse for relying on fast food.  WF is cheaper actually than relying on fast food.  Hey Lisa, WF even has Chinese!   Not that Dr. Now would want James to eat it, even from WF.  What I'm saying, if there is a WF right there, getting healthy foods is easy when one goes to The Clinic.  And it's not like Houston is a food desert  

Catching up this weekend on the Supersized dvr'ed episodes.  My IQ has gone down.  :D

I live in Houston, but I haven't driven to the clinic... I could, I don't think it's far from where I live... it might even be on my way to work (well not far out of the way) I actually paused here and googled it, I live 18 minutes for the clinic. I see the hospitals where he performs the surgeries all the time those are just off the hwy, but his office is in a shopping center that looks familiar but I don't know where exactly it is. But yeah, healthy food is not void in Houston. In fact there are quite a few healthy restaurant options, they are more expensive then fast food, but not drastically. A lot of them are prepared foods like what's available at Whole Foods.

Its funny because I work in healthcare (kidney dialysis RN) and when I first started my job there was a patient that looked familiar and I thought may have been on the show, but once I learned their name etc they weren't, but it has given me hope that some day I will come across one of them. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That link didn't work for me, but this does: http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/my-600-lb-life-before-after-127297/photos/christina-phillips-600-lb-life-238610

It features Christina Phillips, Laura Perez, Amber Rachdi, Charity Pierce, Paula Jones, June McCamey, Melissa D. Morris, Penny Saeger, Donald Shelton, Zsalynn Whitworth, Brittani Fulfer, and Chuck Turner.

Most of the "after" photos are from Facebook.

• Love 1

Yeah Penny looks exactly the same and since it's such a close shot on her face I wouldn't be shocked if the rest of her was in fact bigger. I find it pretty much that it was almost all not only success stories, but some of the most drastic ones and then Penny.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, leighroda said:

Yeah Penny looks exactly the same and since it's such a close shot on her face I wouldn't be shocked if the rest of her was in fact bigger. I find it pretty much that it was almost all not only success stories, but some of the most drastic ones and then Penny.

Her episode was on recently and the biotch didn't even try.  "I'd die without wontons!"  When they headed to Houston, she was so grateful for all the donations from friends and family and she didn't want to waste one dime of that money.  Liar.  

She's prides herself as such a great mother, that she can do more for her child than moms who work out of the home.  But also says her child has to "enter her bubble".  She makes promises and breaks them which is the worst thing a mom can do.  I actually dislike her more than James K and Steven.  Maybe because Steven never reproduced (thankfully) and James K is a self-centered bast*rd who like too many men could not care less about their children.  I truly believe mothers want the best for their children (sadly, not all).  She's delusional -- as Dr. Now said.  About everything!  

She can't even have a family photo or a mention of Edgar on her fb,   Not that I'd brag about him either.  Maybe Penny can hook up with Christina's ex.  

• Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, Otter said:

Her episode was on recently and the biotch didn't even try.  "I'd die without wontons!"  When they headed to Houston, she was so grateful for all the donations from friends and family and she didn't want to waste one dime of that money.  Liar.  

She's prides herself as such a great mother, that she can do more for her child than moms who work out of the home.  But also says her child has to "enter her bubble".  She makes promises and breaks them which is the worst thing a mom can do.  I actually dislike her more than James K and Steven.  Maybe because Steven never reproduced (thankfully) and James K is a self-centered bast*rd who like too many men could not care less about their children.  I truly believe mothers want the best for their children (sadly, not all).  She's delusional -- as Dr. Now said.  About everything!  

She can't even have a family photo or a mention of Edgar on her fb,   Not that I'd brag about him either.  Maybe Penny can hook up with Christina's ex.  

Well said Otter. It's always the abuse of their loved ones that gets to me, especially the abuse of their children. You are absolutely right, making promises to a small child and constantly breaking them is lying. I truly worry about her son's emotional, physical, and psychological future. Will he, as many children do, blame himself for his mother's failure to lose weight? After all, she's always saying that she's doing it for him. She's such a totally selfish creep she doesn't even realize the damage she's doing to him. And let's not forget her shameless statements to him about how that "bad" nutritionist was trying to take away his sugary cereals. Disgusting. Just setting the stage for his own weight battles in the future.

Worst of all, he may end up as just another sad, pathetic woman hating man with "mommy issues" and come to believe that all women are nothing but a bunch of manipulative liars. Not a good outcome for any of his future wives and/or girlfriends, or any female he encounters for that matter.

I know this may sound cruel, but it would be better for her son if she just expired as soon as possible for his sake. Note that I didn't mention Edgar since he abandoned his role as a father a long time ago.

Imagine loving fried wontons more than you love your own child.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
To add additional comments.
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Liam will grow up to be Dylan (Pauline's son).

ITA Miss Chevious sad to say. 

Penny is almost fifty years old as I recall. Do you ever wonder as I do how someone in her horrible condition goes on living? I find it baffling quite frankly.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Imagine loving fried wontons more than you love your own child.

It's amazing to me. I would give up my favorite food (tacos) for the rest of my life if it meant my son would avoid having some temporary ailment once (like a broken arm). Meanwhile Penny is unwilling to make even the smallest sacrifices to make sure her son doesn't turn out warped and depressed forever.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

It's amazing to me. I would give up my favorite food (tacos) for the rest of my life if it meant my son would avoid having some temporary ailment once (like a broken arm). Meanwhile Penny is unwilling to make even the smallest sacrifices to make sure her son doesn't turn out warped and depressed forever.

They are addicts and it is never a choice. NEVER  No one puts their addiction above those they love, consciously.  It looks like it but it is a flawed assumption.   Addicts have no choice the are ADDICTED.  They wish they could.  They wish they were able to choose.  They cannot not.  I am a retired therapist and it pains me to hear people think addicts choose their drug. above all else.   THEY DO NOT.    They want to be free of that compulsion.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, wings707 said:

They are addicts and it is never a choice. NEVER  No one puts their addiction above those they love, consciously.  It looks like it but it is a flawed assumption.   Addicts have no choice the are ADDICTED.  They wish they could.  They wish they were able to choose.  They cannot not.  I am a retired therapist and it pains me to hear people think addicts choose their drug. above all else.   THEY DO NOT.    They want to be free of that compulsion.  

Very true, which is why I think it's so frustrating to watch Penny - she is one of the few Dr. Now patients who never even tried, for even a month, to beat her addiction.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, wings707 said:

I know what you are saying - and I appreciate the stranglehold that an addictive substance has over the addict - but it is not true that "addicts have no choice." 

If they didn't, then no one would ever get into recovery. But many do. Ultimately, they DO have a choice. When the pain of addiction finally gets worse than the pain of recovery, that's when they'll make that choice.

2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Very true, which is why I think it's so frustrating to watch Penny - she is one of the few Dr. Now patients who never even tried, for even a month, to beat her addiction.

Penny is a monstrous narcissist. That's the real problem. Google "narcissistic mother." Her food addiction is secondary.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, okerry said:

I know what you are saying - and I appreciate the stranglehold that an addictive substance has over the addict - but it is not true that "addicts have no choice." 

If they didn't, then no one would ever get into recovery. But many do. Ultimately, they DO have a choice. When the pain of addiction finally gets worse than the pain of recovery, that's when they'll make that choice.

Penny is a monstrous narcissist. That's the real problem. Google "narcissistic mother." Her food addiction is secondary.

I agree, they do have a choice, just saying that it is very difficult and not as easy as "do I choose food or my son."  

• Love 1

Even if Brittani never loses another pound, it doesn't matter: she has her life back. Good for her, she was a sweetie. I do think that her fat distribution is a little unfortunate, and nothing that can be done about it. Her face is looking skeletal and makes me sad and want to feed her a sandwich (as we used to say in the olden days). 

• Love 1
On 3/20/2017 at 9:55 AM, Wings said:

Don't know how to shop for the food on the list?  Oh come on.  It is an all lean protein diet with a few vegetables.   Not difficult!  Stop at meat counter then proceed to produce,  only put things in cart that are on the list.  10 damn minutes.   

Yup, plus, all the food chains have nutritionists. All they had to do was take the diet to their local supermarket and ask for a consult with the nutritionist. I bet s/he would have gladly walked them (well, walked Lisa) around the store and showed her what to get and why it was the better choice. 

• Love 2
On 1/21/2018 at 2:41 PM, aliya said:

Yup, plus, all the food chains have nutritionists. All they had to do was take the diet to their local supermarket and ask for a consult with the nutritionist. I bet s/he would have gladly walked them (well, walked Lisa) around the store and showed her what to get and why it was the better choice. 

I consider myself a fairly educationed person, but grocery stores have nutritionists? On staff? WHICH chains do this? Please tell me more!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I consider myself a fairly educationed person, but grocery stores have nutritionists? On staff? WHICH chains do this? Please tell me more!

I'm in the Midwest. We have a regional chain called Hy-Vee. I just looked online and found some other stores where I've either lived or I am f familiar with the name - Giant Foods (PA example) , Albertsons, Fareway (another regional chain), Kroger (info is for TN and OH), for example. Just look online for a chain in your area for a dietitian or nutritionist (I used both search terms), I'm sure you'll fine one nearby.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aliya said:

I'm in the Midwest. We have a regional chain called Hy-Vee. I just looked online and found some other stores where I've either lived or I am f familiar with the name - Giant Foods (PA example) , Albertsons, Fareway (another regional chain), Kroger (info is for TN and OH), for example. Just look online for a chain in your area for a dietitian or nutritionist (I used both search terms), I'm sure you'll fine one nearby.

Thank you! I’m in the Midwest as well (Chicago)- I tend to shop at Whole Foods, Mariano’s (Which was bought by Kroger I believe), Costco, Fresh Farms....

I had no knowledge this was a service available until you mentioned it; so I can certainly see how many of the participants would be in the dark. 

• Love 2