Type keyword(s) to search

"I Can Clean My Own Vagina Now": Updates on Previous People Featured

• Start Topic

That quote came from Penny, one of the most frustrating people to watch on this show. I couldn't believe her husband was putting pee pads down for her in her bed. A year after surgery she was still not walking, was skipping her follow up appointments, and missed her son's kindergarten graduation. Did she ever lose a large amount of weight and get out of the bed?

• Love 2

Took one for the team and found Penny's Facebook page.  Last pic of her from November doesn't look like she's lost much weight, but then I've probably blocked what she really looked like on the show.  Sounds like they filmed some kind of follow-up recently for TLC.

• Love 2

I would love a Where are They Now? Tops on my list would be to see where that blubbering Charles is now. Did his wife finally get fed up with his lazy ass and go through with the divorce.

I was done with him after she had her bypass surgery and he was incredulous that she actually wanted him to go get her pain meds.

• Love 8

LOL!

I enjoyed Zsalynn's episode, I wonder if she got rid of that asshat husband? Remember when he drove her home after her surgery that he stopped for fast food and waved it in her face?

I think I saw her on the coming attractions for the WATN episode.

I never saw the show till last night but I caught Zsalynn's story. OMG what an asshat for a husband. I was going to say bad TLC editing but even his own daughter couldn't stand him and the way he treated her mother.  Hopefully she gets the courage to divorce his lazy condenscending ass.

• Love 3
I watched the marathon last night, and Chuck and Nissa's story always gets to me. Chuck is a fairly classic compulsive overeater/addict. I was glad to see him hit rock bottom and start fixing his life. I hope he continues on a healthy path.

His crying 'woe-is-me' jag when Nissa tells him she's leaving, never gets old.  I could watch that a million times.

• Love 5

I was never sure why Penny ever bothered with the surgery. Just from watching the way she was trying to convince Dr Now that she desperately needed her oxygen when he could see no valid reason for it told me all I needed to know.

The less disabled she became the closer her and her husband would be to having to get damn jobs. Can't have that now can we? Most of these families seem to depend on mailbox money.

• Love 3

I enjoyed Zsalynn's episode, I wonder if she got rid of that asshat husband? Remember when he drove her home after her surgery that he stopped for fast food and waved it in her face?

She had a really good story and success. I was surprised though that they skipped over her fat-fetish sex photos. It was covered in a PBS story about her. I wouldn't even have thought about it since they didn't mention it, except how often do you run across morbidly obese women named Zsalynn?

• Love 2

Zsalynn and her husband were involved in the fat fetish world and she had videos and pics of her online, so maybe her husband didn't want to lose his cash cow. She used to be a party girl who would go with different men who would wine and dine her. Made me a bit less sympathetic towards her because it sounds like she knew what her husband was all about when she married him.

• Love 2

I'm watching Christina's episode and furious at this entire, worthless, trash family. So they all picked up and moved to Texas? Scuzzy "husband" and Mom and Dad and siblings too? Not surprising, since there doesn't seem to be a job among them, just a steady supply of every fast food on earth. So here I am wasting my time and working and paying for health insurance when I could get a free one month stay in a hospital for no reason with daily fast food deliveries to lose a whopping four pounds? Hateful, all of them. I was wishing a tire would fall off their multicolored shit wagon* on the way home from one of the countless ridiculously expensive and worthless hospital visits.

*Said shitwagon of course was replaced by a shiny new pickup by the end of the ep, with still no sign of employment among them...

Edited by Shibori
  • Love 9

I'm watching Christina's episode and furious at this entire, worthless, trash family. So they all picked up and moved to Texas? Scuzzy "husband" and Mom and Dad and siblings too? Not surprising, since there doesn't seem to be a job among them, just a steady supply of every fast food on earth. So here I am wasting my time and working and paying for health insurance when I could get a free one month stay in a hospital for no reason with daily fast food deliveries to lose a whopping four pounds? Hateful, all of them. I was wishing a tire would fall off their multicolored shit wagon* on the way home from one of the countless ridiculously expensive and worthless hospital visits.

*Said shitwagon of course was replaced by a shiny new pickup by the end of the ep, with still no sign of employment among them...

Did you notice the husband was scarfing down the,tray of probably low calorie, hospital food she was supposed to eat? Looked like broccoli and stuff. We're they keeping her fat so they could live off her checks?

• Love 3

I'm marathon watching, and so far I just want to punch Chuck in the face. How in the hell did those two pass a homestudy to adopt an infant?

OMG YES! Charles...what trainwreck crybaby. He was nauseating. Run, Nissa, run. 

As I said in another thread...this show infuriates me. No jobs, excuses, enablers, bad parents... on & on & on. I want to scream at my tv. 

Watching someone order fast food at the drive thru, after what was probably FREE surgeries, should null & void all future care, govt. assistance & TLC compensation. Especially for the lazy chick Paula who wouldn't even get up off her ass to help clean at a family party. Hell no, Biach. 

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 2

Zsalynn's story is on now.

Just saw Christina's story.  Did it look to anyone like her mother put on a lot of weight during the year?She was very heavy to start but she looked much heavier at the end to me.  Christina seemed to always need an excuse to fall back on.  But she persevered.  Hopefully, she continues to.  Despite her fast food loving family.

• Love 1

I was never sure why Penny ever bothered with the surgery. Just from watching the way she was trying to convince Dr Now that she desperately needed her oxygen when he could see no valid reason for it told me all I needed to know.

The less disabled she became the closer her and her husband would be to having to get damn jobs. Can't have that now can we? Most of these families seem to depend on mailbox money.

Oooohh, man... that woman was infuriating!  Such a manipulator!  Such an inflated sense of self!  I swear she thought that she was the smartest person in the world, and when Dr Now or someone would call her out she would resort to the "boo-hooooo, woe is me" victim card, in true manipulator fashion.  I cannot STAND that woman!

I lived a long time around people like that, people who would (and will, even to this day) resort to *extreme*, sometimes frightening, emotional outbursts whenever they're losing a simple debate or an argument or if they are smacked around with factual evidence, and it took a lot to finally break free.  I mean, I still love them because they're family, but now I limit my time with them and their drama and it's been one of the best decisions of my life. 

• Love 7

My fav past episode was Henry. Man! Was he good or what? Looked like a different person at the end.

He was motivated & in charge.

I did want to dope slap his family eating fast food right in front of him while trying to recover...not to mention they weren't lightweights themselves. Ugh.

UPDATE: OMG just finish Henry's episode & its says he DIED?????!!!!!! OH NO.

Looks like he was the driver in a crash (he had a medical episode) that resulted in an accidental fatality as well as 17 injured. He died a year later. Poor thing. 

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2014/07/22/11894962/

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=385548168211768&id=179819672117953

Edited by BostonBlonde

Henry dying was sad. He seemed like a nice guy. It always makes me smile when he was able to dance at his wedding.

He did seem nice & I agree,at least he had some happiness towards the end. Life/fate/destiny is a strange thing isn't it?

• Love 2

That quote came from Penny, one of the most frustrating people to watch on this show. I couldn't believe her husband was putting pee pads down for her in her bed. A year after surgery she was still not walking, was skipping her follow up appointments, and missed her son's kindergarten graduation. Did she ever lose a large amount of weight and get out of the bed?

I think the title of this thread is perhaps the best one I have ever seen anywhere.    LOL

I remember Penny saying it.

I tried to find a recipe for her pee pad marinated meatloaf but no such luck.

OMG.........you are freaking hilarious.

Penny is a severe food addict, who will lie, cheat and do whatever she has to to get what she wants. No different from drugs or booze.

I also remember reading somewhere that one of the reasons she refused to walk was because she didn't want to lose her Medicaid or some kind of state money which was their only means of support.       So, probably add con artist to her list.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 7

I would go further and say most of the subjects on this show are dealing with some form of mental illness (depression, addiction, etc.) and the food is form of self-medication, but Penny just stood out as not like the others because she was so manipulative and prone to fabrications.

Oh they have have HAVE to be mentally ill. You do not get to 500+LBS as a mentally healthy person. Its the same to me as someone who has anorexia. Serious mental illness manifested in food addiction would be my official armchair diagnosis. 

Lots and lots of people are overweight. Lots and lots of people are even obese. But these people take it to another level that most normal overweight people just don't. I wish they would really show just how much they have to eat to maintain 500 lbs.

And Penny should have been locked in a mental institution. She is beyond delusional. I felt pity and hatred towards her. 

• Love 1