Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/15/14

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday - 12/15: Keke Palmer (Broadway’s “Cinderella”) guest co-hosts; “Must Have Monday” 24-hour flash sale hosted by lifestyle expert Tai Beauchamp; Maggie Gyllenhaal (“The Honorable Woman”).

Tuesday - 12/16: Rachel Feinstein (“Top Five”) guest co-hosts; 109th Mayor of New York City Bill de Blasio and First Lady Chirlane McCray; Idina Menzel (album, “Holiday Wishes”);“The Chew” hosts Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz stop by to celebrate the holidays.

Wednesday - 12/17: ESPN’s Samantha Ponder guest co-hosts; performance from Broadway’s “Side Show.”

Thursday - 12/18: Laverne Cox (“Orange is the New Black”) guest co-hosts; Nicki Minaj; holiday gifts on a budget.

Friday - 12/19: Deck the halls at “The View” with Rosie’s Theater Kids; Marjorie Johnson “The Blue Ribbon Baker”; lifestyle expert Mikey Russo; holiday merriment from Mario Cantone.

• Love 1

Really ladies?? they are defending the Sony emails that were hacked..... Whoop said she sends out questionable emails to her friends..... just like everyone does.... I never have.... but obviously Im not part of Whoopi's "everyone"

Racist emails are just that... racist.... and the woman who sent them was quite embarrassed and ashamed... but these hosts of The View... seems to give them a pass.... maybe they are looking for another gig

• Love 6

Here we go. Whoopi is lecturing the audience and panel about racism. Only she knows what it really is and knows where the line is to be drawn. GAH, someone shut her up! Her voice is monopolizing 90 percent of the show. I can't take much more of her big flapping, know-it-all mouth!

Can't wait to see how she handles Ms. Johnson...

• Love 14

Well!!!  Glad THAT's over, but don't think much was achieved (as far as Whoopi is concerned).

Yeah I noticed that.... remember when this first came out Whoopi said she wanted a victim on the show so she could ask her some things...... well here was your chance Whoopi..... where was your interrogation??

• Love 5

Whoopi somehow manages to hit new lows. I'm glad Beverly Johnson is not afraid of Whoopi's stupidity; I'd like to believe I'd be that brave if I had been in that situation. Thankfully, Keke didn't speak much (although the few times she did put me on edge). Of course, Whoopi lecturing everyone on what counts as "racism" or "subtle racism" made me roll my eyes. I feel like this has been the crux of the problem she obviously has with Rosie O, tbh. I don't think she likes a white woman talking about racism, for whatever reason, but at least when Rosie O does speak about it, she doesn't come across as a complete moron.

• Love 11

Oh, the irony of Whoopi's statement of "Leave the jokes to the comedians" with regard to the racism commentaries.  Um, Whoopi, wasn't it a comedian, Hannibal Buress, who revived the allegations against Cosby in his act?  Once again she uses her ability to pick and choose when and how her rules apply.  Such a wise sage, that Whoopi...NOT.

• Love 13

I really honestly don't think I can take much more of the daily pissing contest Whoopi tries to have with Rosie every day.  Today it was over the emails and what is and/or isn't racism.  She'll let us all know when something is racist.  She's been there.  She knows what she's talking about.  Let her tell us when we need to be worried and concerned about this.  Because she knows.  And the rest of us, especially Rosie can eff off.

I really hate coming away from this show feeling all angsty and ragey.  And that is what is starting to happen to me when I watch.  I now loathe Whoopi Goldberg.  She is a vile human being.  She has now joined my Most Vile & Loathsome Celebrities List along with Sharon Osborne. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 24

It felt rushed and with Ms. Johnson stumbling somewhat. Can't say that I blame her though since the show is live and everyone's hinging on your every word. She's not sure if she was actually assaulted sexually though. She also stated that her speaking out wasn't to target BC but to help other victims.  I'm sure Whoopi felt good about that statement.

I really hate coming away from this show feeling all angsty and ragey.  And that is what is starting to happen to me when I watch.

Absolutely. You are not alone!

• Love 5

Haven't watched the show yet, do NOT feel I can endure Sherri's reincarnation aka Keke.

Exactly WHY is Keke on, surely the show is not that hard up!!

Did anyone ask Beverly Johnson about the charges she dropped against Chris Noth?

• Love 1

Wow. Whoopi was NOT comfortable during the Beverly Johnson interview! Uh huh, yeah, uh, then asking the reason she is talking about this now. Whoopi then takes on a lawyer role, asking "you were NOT raped?" The other women seemed sympathetic in asking questions. Whoopi fumbled with her earpiece, and asks about was she worried about being drugged, did she get the doorman to verify that she was drugged, etc.

Any woman who has been through sexual assault and harassment could tell you -you just want it to be over. Especially in the era that this happened. Women were struggling to be taken seriously in the world, and men like Cosby were giving the message, no, your worth is determined by sex. If Beverly J HAD reported her experience, it would have been seen as either she was bitter because she didn't get a role, or, she was scared because a guy "made a pass at her" and she ran away.

to quote Beverly Johnson: Whoopi, you really are a mother fucker, aren't you?

• Love 19

I'm not sure that the Beverly Johnson interview did much to bolster the case against Cosby. An interview with one of his non-model victims would have been more revealing. 

I wonder if Rosie O has tried to get them to bring one of them on and Whoopi has argued against it? I mean they couldn't really turn down Beverly Johnson after the way it's been all over the news since she spoke out. I agree with what was said up thread about being on edge every time Keke opened her mouth during that whole interview. When Whoopi asked if Beverly was concerned back then about what drug she had been given it and  the part about the doorman it seemed like Keke piggy backed and repeated the questions in a more accusatory tone.

I missed the rest of the show after Hot Topics so not sure what went on afterwards.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

I looked to see who the co-host was and I read it was Keke Palmer, and I thought okay, should be interesting then I remember she was the guest host who would not. shut. up. last time.  I would have deleted this episode w/o viewing if it wasn't for the hot topics portion.

BTW Keke looked trashy in that leather top, that's my opinion; not appropriate for this show unless she was going to be performing some Rhianna dance number later on in the show.  I would rather her not be a guest co-host again.

So am I to take it we will now have the noise that Whoopi claimed as her own noxious gas from here on out on this show?  Seriously?!

Did you hear that Rosie O, Whoopi said you have no clue what's it's like for someone to be racist to you.  Shut the fuck up Whoopi, you can't tell people they have no clue about racism.

How can an actress struggle so much w/words while trying to tell a story.  That subway story regarding the woman choosing to stand beside the other woman in the burqa was a short story but seemed so drawn out as Rosie P was shaking to get the words out.  It was like she was giving an oral report in high school w/all the shaking to get that story out.

I wonder if Rosie O has tried to get them to bring one of them, other Cosby accuser, on and Whoopi has argued against it?

I could see this happening, it could be argued that only Rosie O, Rosie P, or Nicole be part of the interview and Whoopi stay out of the interview, but then it would look like she doesn't believe said stories and would be major news coverage that she forgoes an interview.

Whoopi all but said to Beverly Johnson that she didn't believe her.  Just sad.

I don't want to hear Keke Palmer asking questions in regards to a serious subject like the Cosby rape allegations.

Do we think Beverly Johnson would take on a co-host position on this show, b/c I would welcome her over Whoopi and her personal view that she thinks we should all take.

I love Maggie Gyllenhaal, she is a great actress and I love that she seems to travel to beat of her own drum in the business.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 5

When Whoopi asked if Beverly was concerned back then about what drug she had been given it and  the part about the doorman it seemed like Keke piggy backed and repeated the questions in a more accusatory tone.

I noticed that as well. Like maybe Keke was so desperate for Whoopi's approval that she was playing her lapdog or something. It was very annoying.

No wonder women are hesitant to publicly come forward after a rape; you get people treating you like you are the bad guy and get asked strange questions. "Were you concerned about the drugs you were given..."? WTF??? I'm sure you'd be more concerned with what happened, wondering why someone you like and respected would do something like that to you.

And then Whoopi wanted to make it clear that Beverly was not raped.

OK, fine.

But the fact that Cosby would drug someone isn't of concern? Isn't that creepy in and of itself???

UGH. I despise Whoopi. I seriously can't stand this woman.

Well, hopefully she will get another tweet from Cosby thanking her for her support.

On a totally superficial note: Beverly Johnson looked AMAZING. Absolutely beautiful.

• Love 13
When Whoopi asked if Beverly was concerned back then about what drug she had been given it and  the part about the doorman it seemed like Keke piggy backed and repeated the questions in a more accusatory tone.

I saw this shit and I was like, WTF? Keke is hoping Whoopi and Cosby can help her get a job. I do understand racism enough to understand why she may be compelled to do that.

Whoopi's lecture on racism? Fuck her. I am white as hell, but I can see with my eyeballs when someone is racist. That shit in the email is dog whistle racism at its ugliest. Kind of like the phrase Welfare Cadillac Queens and thugs. I know what's what.

• Love 15

Did you hear that Rosie O, Whoopi said you have no clue what's it's like for someone to be racist to you.  Shut the fuck up Whoopi, you can't tell people they have no clue about racism.

Well since it's Hollywood execs who are being accused of being racist it shouldn't be a surprise that Whoopi will make excuses for them.  She is first and foremost a celebrity and as such she will defend all other celebrities or in this case the people who pay celebrities huge amounts of money.  It's what she does. 

Whoopi all but said to Beverly Johnson that she didn't believe her.  Just sad.

I think it's a safe bet their won't be any more Cosby accusers coming on the View. 

• Love 11

Well since it's Hollywood execs who are being accused of being racist it shouldn't be a surprise that Whoopi will make excuses for them.  She is first and foremost a celebrity and as such she will defend all other celebrities or in this case the people who pay celebrities huge amounts of money.  It's what she does. 

I think it's a safe bet their won't be any more Cosby accusers coming on the View. 

I hope you are wrong about this.... I would prefer a different guest each week and at the end of the interview a message to Cosby..... you are welcome to come on the show and give your side..... and if he ever comes on.. which he wont.... invite all his victims to join the show that day.... as a surprise

Edit:

That would make some great LIVE television!!

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 8

Yeah I noticed that.... remember when this first came out Whoopi said she wanted a victim on the show so she could ask her some things...... well here was your chance Whoopi..... where was your interrogation??

The great prosecutor had her chance and she could only stutter and stammer.  The best she could come up with is did you know what kind of drugs you were given???  WTF?? Was this some kind of dig at the veracity of her story.  Rosie has empathy and intelligence, so she is perfectly capable of knowing racism.  Whoopi is an ass-kissing ass.  How does she get away with this crap?  Rosie O would be skewered in the media and elsewhere for much less than this.

I really hate coming away from this show feeling all angsty and ragey.  And that is what is starting to happen to me when I watch.  I now loathe Whoopi Goldberg.  She is a vile human being.  She has now joined my Most Vile & Loathsome Celebrities List along with Sharon Osborne.

Angsty and ragey perfectly describes the way I feel after watching the show.  I've tried taking a shower afterward to calm down, but showering doesn't help with angsty and ragey.

• Love 8

How do the producers of this show let Whoopie get away with her arrogant attitude?  The show is called The View, if RO thinks emails are racist then that is her view.  Whoopie doesn't have ownership of definitions or perceptions.  Whoopie is a shill for the money people and Pascal and company could be her future paycheck.  I also cringed on how she tried to discredit Beverly Johnson.  Maybe Whoopie never was raped or taken advantage of, perhaps she didn't look at this type of behavior as anything but flattering??? 

It is a struggle to watch The View anymore as WG sucks the oxygen out of the show.  I don't like the real Karen Johnson, not one bit.

Edited by Dizzy9
  • Love 17

Right, Whoopi. Leave the jokes to the comics, because your fart jokes are always such a hit. And, also, Beverly Johnson's situation wasn't "rape-rape." so Whoopi says, "Nothing to see here, folks. Move along." And those of us who are not black can recognize dog whistle racism when we see/hear/read it. You are not the final word on what constitutes racism. Whoopi is a total pain in the ass. RO and RP were not amused by Whoopi today. Keke can stay away from The View now, please.

• Love 17

With all the questioning and disbelief that all these girls are just after a quick buck and to get their names in or back in the papers/news it makes me wonder about Whoopi.  I know she isn't considered some great beauty in the Hollywood sense of the term, but is it possible that she too had a run in w/Mr. Cosby in her past and is now having torn feelings about it since it's being brought up again.  I just can't get why she refuses to see the writing on the wall and that makes me think that she is hiding something here, like I said perhaps a past run in w/Cosby and what happened to her she is seeing the pattern here w/the other women.  That's the only thing I can think of since they started the discussions of this on the View and her adamant denial of it all.  I could see a high profile celebrity not wanting to admit that they were raped b/c it then it is part of their story...it could read this person won an Academy Award and was raped by John Smith...if that makes sense.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 2

@Dizzy 9: I posted this comment on another board: "Even though Beverly has repeatedly said she was drugged, I feel like Whoopi was trying to make it look like she said she was drugged AND raped. And by asking her those leading questions, she was trying to discredit her." I agree with you wholeheartedly!

• Love 12
And then Whoopi wanted to make it clear that Beverly was not raped.

OK, fine.

But the fact that Cosby would drug someone isn't of concern? Isn't that creepy in and of itself???

Yes, Whoopi missed the point.  BJ telling her story about being drugged by Cosby validates the other women's stories.  It doesn't matter that she wasn't raped.  It shows the pattern of behaviour that is consistent with the other women's stories, that spans 5 decades of assault by Cosby.

What exactly is Whoopi's view?  That BJ wasn't raped so the drugging doesn't mean anything or matter?  Or is it that she thinks BJ is lying and trying to get in the limelight for this?

• Love 16

Haven't watched yet but looked at the schedule for the week. It's interesting that they had KeKe Palmer on to guest co-host, and will also have Rachel Feinstein  from Top Five on to guest co-host. And, the cast from The Chew can relax a bit. It's as if they are circling around someone who has NOT been asked back, lol.

Did you hear that Rosie O, Whoopi said you have no clue what's it's like for someone to be racist to you.  Shut the fuck up Whoopi, you can't tell people they have no clue about racism

Not only that Whoopi insulted everyone who has ever seen/felt or recognized racism, she completely ignored Rosie O's lesbian history.  I am quite sure RO suffered for her orientation over the years.  Ugliness towards, blacks, latinos, the LGBT community is racism and hatred spread to all who are "other".  Call it racism, call it sexism, call it homophobia - call it what you will - it is hatred and ugliness and comes from a dark part of the human psyche. I personally believe it also comes from fear.

Whoopi is not the only one who has faced discrimination.  She certainly shows complete disrespect and disregard for other people and their struggles almost on a daily basis these days.

I do understand that the black community has suffered more consistently than other groups over time, but it does not invalidate my central point - many, many people in this country understand the hatred and unfair treatment that discrimination brings to any group considered "other".

• Love 18

I wonder what rude thing Whoopi was doing, when Beverly Johnson asked her " should I continue?"

I cannot even imagine.

BJ was great. And right, Bill Cosby is a mother fucker! What a sick man.

Whoopi can stfu about what is or is not racist. My disgust for WG just keeps growing.

And I'm also wondering as someone else mentioned, why can't a producer or someone go to her and ask her to stop lecturing and declaring her word as the end all be all last word on everything. It is called the View.

Rosie can think something is racist and not have to clear it with WG.

• Love 20

I wonder what rude thing Whoopi was doing, when Beverly Johnson asked her " should I continue?"

I cannot even imagine.

BJ was great. And right, Bill Cosby is a mother fucker! What a sick man.

Whoopi can stfu about what is or is not racist. My disgust for WG just keeps growing.

And I'm also wondering as someone else mentioned, why can't a producer or someone go to her and ask her to stop lecturing and declaring her word as the end all be all last word on everything. It is called the View.

Rosie can think something is racist and not have to clear it with WG.

I wonder if her contract has any mention of not being criticized.... or not having her "performance" critiqued by the people in charge.... there has to be something.... I have thought about asking Rosie about it but she never answers  :(

• Love 2

Whoopi made it quite clear she didn't believe a word of what Beverly was saying. No wonder "little people" don't come forward when assaulted by powerful people. If someone with the public stature of BJ isn't to be believed, how could Jane Smith expect justice?

• Love 13

It's obvious to me that Whoopi can't stand to see black icons like Bill Cosby torn down.  In her eyes, it must seem like a lynching. I can understand that even though I am not black.  But when Beverly Johnson speaks up, why is she so reluctant to believe her?

• Love 7

I can't believe the building amount of rage I have about Whoopi.  Who knew?

She was worse than ever today.  I can only take a small amount of comfort that the internet is starting to talk like we've been talking for weeks, I posted Jezebel's stab at Whoopi in the Media thread.

Bless Beverly Johnson for tolerating that hot mess.

• Love 15

It's obvious to me that Whoopi can't stand to see black icons like Bill Cosby torn down. In her eyes, it must seem like a lynching. I can understand that even though I am not black. But when Beverly Johnson speaks up, why is she so reluctant to believe her?

I don't think Whoopi see's it that way at all. IMO, it has nothing to do with his race and everything to do with his celebrity.

WG has made it beyond clear that being a celeb is all that matters to her.

And BC is miles ahead of BJ in celebrity.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 11

I can't believe the building amount of rage I have about Whoopi.  Who knew?

She was worse than ever today.  I can only take a small amount of comfort that the internet is starting to talk like we've been talking for weeks, I posted Jezebel's stab at Whoopi in the Media thread.

Bless Beverly Johnson for tolerating that hot mess.

Ditto!!!

• Love 4

People can be offended by different things. I have friends who are gay and they react differently to things. So it's fine for Whoopi to say she didn't find those emails racist, but the thing that bugged me was that she's not speaking for all humans, but she acts like she is. She's black so she knows. End of.

• Love 14

Nichole Wallace asks the Mayor of New York... and Im paraphrasing....

It seems the people think your administration sucks... do you go home and fret about it??

Now this is a woman that worked for Bush... a President who had the lowest confidence rating of any other President... and she wants to disparage the Mayor of New York??    Please

• Love 7