Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

On 5/28/2023 at 11:51 AM, ZettaK said:

We discussed the temporary restraining order in this forum, and that Raquel didn't attend the hearing for the temporary RO to become permanent. It doesn't matter when one asks for one, and individuals don't ask for one immediately, so I don't think Raquel was an exception. The court granted it because there was proof it was needed. It's not easy to get one, so this tells me that Scheana attacked her (she didn't deny it, but she claimed she didn't punch Raquel). 

As for the FBI getting involved, the most possible reason is that she received threats from all over the country, online, on social media. 

I thought the TRO was dismissed when Scheana went to court there back in March.  I thought the Judge dismissed the whole thing.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I thought the TRO was dismissed when Scheana went to court there back in March.  I thought the Judge dismissed the whole thing.

The TRO once granted is 21 days. Raquel lied about her lawyer filing papers to drop the charges and dismiss the case. There is no document or letter or form that can be sent to any court that will dismiss the TRO early. The case wss thrown out or let's say they didn't grant a RO because Raquel nor her lawyer bothered to show up in court.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Ariana was on WWHL on May 18th, 2 1/2 months after Scandoval broke. On WWHL, Ariana tells Andy that Raquel sent a letter to her home addressed to the Slug. Andy said did you read it? Ariana said it's a federal crime I left it on the table and told Tom's assistant. Around the end of May - a postcard from Raquel arrived at the house.

Tom since March 1st  has yelled at Ariana and her friends in her home. Many have been witness to this.

I'm starting to suspect that the plan is to make Ariana so miserable that she moves out of the house. Raquel sends a postcard so Ariana can read it? This is really sick - is Raquel hoping Ariana will leave so that she can move in?

Ariana is making serious bank in the Scandoval aftermath. She'll be able to buy her own damn house and when they sell the one they have now, Tom will have to use his share of any proceeds to pay back his mother and any S&S debts if there are any.

I've been watching the old seasons and even though he was a huge attention seeker, he was also extraordinarily kind to people and so fucking kind to James. I can see why James is butt hurt over the scandal. The other Tom was a horrible husband, but Katie was SUCH a bitch. Raquel/Rachel was the dimmest bulb I think I've ever seen on television. That relationship is doomed if it continues. Lala needs to stop fucking with her face. James very often behaved like an idiot, but his parents had a lot to do with that, which is why Lisa will always have his back, and I think she does love him. I really respect how hard a worker he was and even though he was desperately sad about not working at Sur, which was kind of a home for him, he really hustled AND provided a lot of financial support to his deadbeat parents. His mother was seriously gross and selfish. I hope he gets his act together.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 6/1/2023 at 10:29 PM, nexxie said:

Someone needs to protect Summer Moon from her mother’s talons!

daily-dish-ig-scheana-marie-family-holid

You guys!!!  Scheana can't make a fist - how can she care for that child when she can't make a fist???  But yeah - how is she changing that child's diaper?

On 6/3/2023 at 12:06 PM, ZettaK said:

They didn't care when it was not known because of the NDA, but (alleged) sexual harassment closes doors.

And criminal acts aren't covered by NDA, meaning, if you need to go to the authorities for sexual assault/harassment, an NDA can't stop you from doing that.  Granted, lawyers and people who do these heinous things will tell you otherwise.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I just finished reading Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver, which takes place in the very early 2000s.  It uses "dipped out!"  Several times, and always meant that the person was passed out from drugs, not exactly the same as passing out for the evening.  More like, he did a bunch heroin and then "dipped out" until it wore off a bit.  I cracked up every time though!!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, politichick said:

I've been watching the old seasons and even though he was a huge attention seeker, he was also extraordinarily kind to people and so fucking kind to James. I can see why James is butt hurt over the scandal.

I agree with this.  Tom has always had a big ego but in the early seasons, I could see his appeal.  He had a fun energy, was up for anything and would go to great lengths to make sure his friends were taken care of and having a good time.  After TomTom opened, the pandemic, and the stress of getting Schwartz & Sandy's together, I saw a marked change in him.  I want to firmly state that none of this absolves Tom from what he did to Ariana but it is sad to see how he changed.  

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 6/4/2023 at 11:41 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Ariana was on WWHL on May 18th, 2 1/2 months after Scandoval broke. On WWHL, Ariana tells Andy that Raquel sent a letter to her home addressed to the Slug. Andy said did you read it? Ariana said it's a federal crime I left it on the table and told Tom's assistant. Around the end of May - a postcard from Raquel arrived at the house.

Tom since March 1st  has yelled at Ariana and her friends in her home. Many have been witness to this.

I'm starting to suspect that the plan is to make Ariana so miserable that she moves out of the house. Raquel sends a postcard so Ariana can read it? This is really sick - is Raquel hoping Ariana will leave so that she can move in?

Yes, Raquel wanted to show Ariana that her and Tom were still together.

• LOL 1
On 6/5/2023 at 12:29 AM, goofygirl said:

It was dismissed because Raquel didn't appear at the court hearing on March 29th. Scheana went because she had to. 

• Like 2
(edited)

I watched "The View" this morning, and Lala was on.  She spoke a bit about the whole Scandoval thing, saying a lot of what we've all read and heard her say previously.

She was pretty subdued, in both appearance and speaking.  She said she couldn't really comment on anything about Raquel because she doesn't know what goes on in Raquel's brain, but she CAN speak about Sandoval because she knows the kind of person he is, based on her experience with Randall.  She spoke a little bit more about that, too.  

She sort of portrayed herself as the poor, naive fiancee of Randall who was blown away when she found out he cheated on her.  No mention of her past (pre-Randall "modeling" days), or the fact that she was secretly dating Randall while he was still married to his former wife.

Overall, she came across like a different person than the foul-mouthed bully she portrays on VR.

One thing that does really, really bother me is that I feel like all of these chucklefucks are now more "famous" because of a friend's situation, especially LaLa.  I can't open any news feeds on my phone without seeing a story about LaLa commenting on Scandoval - and now, she's on The View?  I feel like she is profiting from this, and that is despicable, imo.  She giving interviews (not for free, I'm sure) and making bank from her "best" friend's bad situation.  

Same with Jax and Brittany - they even got a mini-show out of this.  It's like they're vultures picking at the bones of a dead animal.  Such a bunch of opportunists.

Ariana also appeared on The View, a week or two ago, but to me, that's okay - it's her story to tell and opine about.  Not LaLa's, not Jax's, not anyone else.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
35 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I watched "The View" this morning, and Lala was on.  She spoke a bit about the whole Scandoval thing, saying a lot of what we've all read and heard her say previously.

She was pretty subdued, in both appearance and speaking.  She said she couldn't really comment on anything about Raquel because she doesn't know what goes on in Raquel's brain, but she CAN speak about Sandoval because she knows the kind of person he is, based on her experience with Randall.  She spoke a little bit more about that, too.  

She sort of portrayed herself as the poor, naive fiancee of Randall who was blown away when she found out he cheated on her.  No mention of her past (pre-Randall "modeling" days), or the fact that she was secretly dating Randall while he was still married to his former wife.

Overall, she came across like a different person than the foul-mouthed bully she portrays on VR.

One thing that does really, really bother me is that I feel like all of these chucklefucks are now more "famous" because of a friend's situation, especially LaLa.  I can't open any news feeds on my phone without seeing a story about LaLa commenting on Scandoval - and now, she's on The View?  I feel like she is profiting from this, and that is despicable, imo.  She giving interviews (not for free, I'm sure) and making bank from her "best" friend's bad situation.  

Same with Jax and Brittany - they even got a mini-show out of this.  It's like they're vultures picking at the bones of a dead animal.  Such a bunch of opportunists.

Ariana also appeared on The View, a week or two ago, but to me, that's okay - it's her story to tell and opine about.  Not LaLa's, not Jax's, not anyone else.

I agree. Lala is everywhere (and posts constantly on her social media, as well), discussing a story that is not hers. More than anybody else. Former cast members are involved (Brittany, Jax, and yes Kristen) in order to profit. All of those wouldn't be invited anywhere before the scandal. 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, njbchlover said:

She's such a fucking bitch, and a bully too.  I'd like to see her try her usual schtick with Whoopi and the other View ladies 🙄. And they're too stupid and self-satisfied to look into who "Lala" actually is 😖

• Like 6
13 hours ago, bosawks said:

I bar near me is having a watch party and posted the cocktail menu and all I can say is it’s awesome.

IMG_6233.jpeg

The Pumptini looks good!  I wish there was a bar close by where I could watch it with fellow, like minded individuals 🍸🍸

• Like 4

Notice he isn't mad. Now maybe he wouldn't say that or they asked them not to but if James were heated he wouldn't be able to disguise it. The reveal is gonna be a dud. This makes it seem like it's the "they were together longer than we thought" aka going back last season at least.

• Like 3

The reveal is gonna be a bunch of nothing. They are way overhyping it. Which is what these shows do when a reveal is lame. I will be surprised if it’s anything actually crazy or interesting.

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Marley said:

The reveal is gonna be a bunch of nothing. They are way overhyping it. Which is what these shows do when a reveal is lame. I will be surprised if it’s anything actually crazy or interesting.

Well, it was mildly surprising, but not shocking. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Marley said:

It was not anything we didn't really know already from leaks. We knew Tom and Raquel didn't put their relationship on hold like they claimed. 

• Love 1

Ariana Madix on the cover of Glamour's June 2023 issue. #PumpRules

This is beyond awesome!!!!!

Bud Light needs to hire her for a commercial.  Show her chopping wood or something to Carrie Underwood's song.  The last scene is her popping a Bud Light and taking a big swig to "The next time that he cheats, you know it won't be on me..." 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1

From a NY mag commenter:

Variety posted a Making A Scene video today about the reunion with interviews with the producers, Andy and Scheana and it is MUST SEE! The producers confirm that they are stilling figuring out what next season will look like after last night's reveal but they expect that everyone will stay in the cast. But the most interesting part is at the end of the video when Scheana says she isn't sure that Raquel's family will let her film next season OR maybe her family will push her to film and play up whatever diagnosis she gets at the mental health facility. She says that Raquel's dad told Charlie's boyfriend at James and Raquel's engagement party that they were never going to get married and "the second that the show didn't work in her favor he would pull her." Before we diagnose her with autism or place the blame for her behavior on James/Sandoval, we really need to look at what's going on with her family.

Her family would be just as crazy as she is if they allow her to film. No one wants to be around her, it opens tons of opportunities to talk big shit about her, haters will turn up at any restaurant she works at to talk shit or make it lose business. Mental health advocates will slam her for taking advantage of whatever her problem is.

Girlfriend needs to stay the fuck at home. Sandoval will be too busy trying to rehab his own image and won't have time to help her with hers. Plus, as I've said before, I don't think they're going to last because she's too stupid and a financial liability. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ariana Madix on the cover of Glamour's June 2023 issue. #PumpRules

These kinds of things are always massively weird to me, because Ariana is so pretty, and this cover of her is... not?

https://deadline.com/2023/06/hulu-orders-vanderpump-villa-newest-series-from-lisa-vanderpump-takes-place-in-her-french-villa-1235411996/

I never know if these are going to thumbnail:

The morning after her Vanderpump Rules reunion packed a delectable punch on Bravo, Lisa Vanderpump is ready to reveal her next project: Hulu has ordered 10 episodes of Vanderpump Villa, a new unscripted confection that takes place at the reality star’s luxury French villa.

The show, which has no launch date for now, follows her hand-picked staff as they live and work together to navigate every extravagant desire of their well-to-do guests.

Vanderpump will executive produce. The show will be produced by Bunim/Murray Productions (The Challenge, The Family Stallone, Surviving Bear Grylls, Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls). Entertainment 360 is also attached as a producer.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, politichick said:

She says that Raquel's dad told Charlie's boyfriend at James and Raquel's engagement party that they were never going to get married and "the second that the show didn't work in her favor he would pull her."

Agree with your post, especially with regard to the family. The mother's scene with Peter at the puppy party was very odd and uncomfortable while on the other side of the spectrum, the father's scenes gave off an air of stern control. In this video, Scheana refers to him as a stage dad. He was my first thought when the cease and desist dropped followed by the TRO and the alleged call to the FBI.  

3 hours ago, politichick said:

But the most interesting part is at the end of the video when Scheana says she isn't sure that Raquel's family will let her film next season OR maybe her family will push her to film and play up whatever diagnosis she gets at the mental health facility.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if she films. One would think if she is this affected by her choices and behavior there would be no OR and she stays away from reality tv.

Interesting fact from the video: both Scheana and Rachel are represented by the same attorney.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Spoiler

I've seen numerous posts about Raquel being broke. I'm not so sure about that. She's been in a "starring" role for a couple of years, does modeling gigs, and is supposedly an "influencer" with something like 550,000 Instagram followers. I bet she's worth a million or two. 

Edited by Jaundiced Eye
Please ignore. I should know better than to try to cut and paste on my phone. If there's a way to delete a post, I haven't figured it out.
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I've seen numerous posts about Raquel being broke. I'm not so sure about that. She's been in a "starring" role for a couple of years, does modeling gigs, and is supposedly an "influencer" with something like 550,000 Instagram followers. I bet she's worth a million or two. 

If this is true, it is even more obscene that she’s been mooching off of all her friends because they pity her ability to budget. And just pity her, in general.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 4/29/2023 at 8:39 PM, goofygirl said:

Did he get a body transplant while on that "self discovery" time???

I just remember watching that clip of him hugging rachel from behind (Mexico, Sheana's wedding) and thinking (after seeing love handles) Sandoval's got a dad bod.

On 6/9/2023 at 12:24 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

If this is true, it is even more obscene that she’s been mooching off of all her friends because they pity her ability to budget. And just pity her, in general.

No kidding! She lived with Scheana and Ariana, free of charge, because she had no money after she left james. I remember her complaining that she didn't realize how expensive LA was because James "paid for everything".

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I am clearly out of the loop when it comes to posing and photography, but that sure as hell is a strange posture there.

It's such an odd photo - it looks like an outtake that would normally be dropped by the photographer and editor. Ariana is very very pretty, but the photo posing and styling is not flattering, and I can't quite put my finger on why?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

"So this issue is a tribute to all of you Scandoval lovers. We have the winners and losers of the whole affair, a peek at what’s going on with Schwartz on Stars on Mars, and a walk down Raquel nickname memory lane. But first, the big question facing Vanderpump fans: Where do we go from here?"

— Dame Brian Moylan

https://linkst.vulture.com/view/60a676085f1e9456919b7f2aiweni.3ci/276c6f5e

See, this is where Brian loses me with his extreme dislike of Lala.

"Is every episode just going to be DJ James Kennedy and Lauren Kent (that’s for trying to pretend like using the name “Lala” is somehow different from using “Raquel”) shouting at the Toms about how disgusting they are?"

Lala is a family-given nickname. Raquel is not a nickname for anything; it's a completely different name that she gave herself because there were two other Rachels in the classroom. Stop trying to pretend that using the name Lala is somehow the same as using Rachel. He writes good, if sometimes verbose recaps, but allows his prejudices to taint them, especially his favoritism for Erika Jayne in the aftermath of that scandal.

I do agree with him that Jax and Brittany need to stay the fuck where they are: off of our screens.

• Like 10
On 6/9/2023 at 7:26 AM, Polliwollidoodle said:

I am clearly out of the loop when it comes to posing and photography, but that sure as hell is a strange posture there.

Not to be crude, but with the forward lean and tension in her hands, it kinda looks like she’s leaning forward to fart.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

Not to be crude, but with the forward lean and tension in her hands, it kinda looks like she’s leaning forward to fart.

Thank you for providing my morning chuckle.

• LOL 1
On 6/9/2023 at 12:02 PM, Cheezwiz said:

Ariana is very very pretty, but the photo posing and styling is not flattering, and I can't quite put my finger on why?

Cheek fillers making her eyes look squinty; she has a pretty smile but they're going for angsty instead; that pose makes her look thick through the waist and hips.  That's my take!

• Like 4
(edited)
On 6/9/2023 at 4:38 PM, politichick said:

Lala is a family-given nickname. Raquel is not a nickname for anything; it's a completely different name that she gave herself because there were two other Rachels in the classroom. Stop trying to pretend that using the name Lala is somehow the same as using Rachel.

Raquel is Rachel in Spanish.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Please watch from WWHL Jon Hamm and John Slattery reenacting James Kennedy and Sandoval yelling at each other at the Reunion.

I caught that and John Hamm as James Kennedy was too funny for words. 
Good recommendation. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1