Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Serena said:

I hope ABC realizes, like they did with Castle, that you can't just split up the main couple. So either it ends or the Charmings + CS are off screen and it continues with new character (and Regina) in the same "universe".

Sleepy Hollow had to learn that the hard way, this is never a good idea, especially for a declining show like OuaT who is dependent on its characters.

• Love 1

Yeah this is reminding me of Sleepy Hollow. They honestly thought they could go on without Abbie and it got worse. Castles in the end didn't even bother because fans were not about that Becketless life. I refuse to watch a OUAT without Emma and her parents. As much as I love Killian/Colin I fell in love with this show long before he came on. A show about Snow White kicking ass and Cinderella using a shotgun? Uhh yeah I was done for that. Then to top it off Cameron from House was the lead. lol

• Love 6

I hope ABC realizes, like they did with Castle, that you can't just split up the main couple.

So agree! 

(and Regina)

This goes without saying. Not just with A&E, but abc seems to love Regina/EQ too. They use the face of the EQ a lot for their promotion of the Show. And will be using her for the upfronts again, from something Lana posted a couple of weeks back. 

• Love 4
(edited)

The timing is a little convenient with the upfront next week I agree!

It is because we are looking more to a cancellation I don't know there sign so contradictory L did filmed something but I find bizarre that they all emphasized they still don't know and the return of American Idol did surprised me. Jen must have had a ok to post that now! The question is why now? Don't know so much make me think of Castle since some time now! For once, I am curious about BTs stuff !

Edited by maryle

They clearly all decided now was the best time to post that since Adam and Eddy had their statement ready.

If there's a season 7 I won't be watching. There's no point. She's the main freaking character! She's the reason I've watched for 6 seasons. No Emma Swan, no Charming family and no Captain Swan??? Do they think many people will be watching that hot piece of garbage?!

End it now. And honestly, I love Hook, but there's no way he can continue without Emma. Even in the episodes where he was on his adventures with others this season, his entire story was about Emma and getting back to Emma and what will happen to Emma if he's not there. They haven't done anything to try to separate Hook from Emma's story so I don't see how they would randomly have him be without her for a whole season. Especially now they're actually married!

There's just no way. At this point there are really two groups watching - the Regina fans and the Captain Swan fans and now one of those is going to be gone. How would they even think to continue?

• Love 8

If they're close to cancellation, they should do a shortened fall season and promote the heck out of it as the final season. 

If next week is the finale, I wonder if they have enough time to do a quick edit so that they don't end on a huge cliffhanger. 

• Love 1

I wonder if they had her announce now, so they could get the feedback of how many people would stop watching before they made the final decision.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PixiePaws1 said:

She does say she would do 1 ep...

That is the same as nothing, she would either appear in the premiere so they can kill her off or in the finale to give her and Hook their happy ending. And, unless there is a contract, I'm not even sure she would do that.

1 hour ago, RedKeep said:

That's some seriously questionable timing...

Yeah, it is. As I have said, she should have waited.

1 hour ago, Serena said:

At this point, Colin needs to leave too. If it's renewed, they (and Snowing) can get the happily ever after, and Once can continue with what A&E really want to do, Regina's story. 

I'm pretty sure he is still under contract, so I doubt he can just leave. And, really, he has a family and Once is a steady job and a steady paycheck.

1 hour ago, sharky said:

If Colin sticks around then so will I but I'm just not sure how they're going to make this play out.

49 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I feel conflicted, becasue I want to support Colin, but I don't think I can do it. If the Show leaves Emma/CS in a shitty place with the finale "twist" I'm going to be sooooo pissed.

I would probably stick around for Colin (Hook is my favourite character) but the same way I have been this half season (only watching the scenes and episodes I find interesting and ignoring the rest).

4 minutes ago, CCTC said:

I wonder if they had her announce now, so they could get the feedback of how many people would stop watching before they made the final decision.

I'm pretty sure the decision is already made, and they are just waiting for the upfronts to say it.

• Love 1

The timing of this for me is JMO feeling last night's episode was the ending she wanted for Emma so my hopes for next week are dismal.  I want to stay and support Colin but my plan will be to pray to the TV gods that he and JoAnna Garcia get a rom/com because I would watch that any day of the week.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm surprised she was so specific about how many episodes she would appear in.  "At least 1 episode" would have given me HOPE.  One episode means either a rushed writing out of her character in the season premiere (which would be horrible), or a return for the series finale at the end of Season 7 (in which case, what's the point of "rebooting" the show for one season?).

The timing is quizzical as well... was this done with or without ABC's blessing?  As said above, A&E did have their statement ready, so is this all behind-the-scenes machinations to squeeze the most out of "the final battle"?  I don't see how Emma can die and yet they can still have this satisfying finale for a show that purports to be about hope and happy endings.  I suppose Emma could graduate to Old Sage world, where she will frolic with the likes of Gandalf, Yoda, Dumbledore and Obi Wan Kinobe, and Snowing and the baby could go with her.  Hook will probably become the next Savior... that's the only reason why he would stay.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

Timing doesn't seem that strange to me. Upfronts are next week, but they usually announce renewals the week before so I expect news about the show's fate this week.

Again, I think Hook's tangent adventure this season makes more sense in this context now. And frankly, I enjoyed his travels with Nemo and Blackbeard and Ariel. If they could somehow make that work, I would be OK with this. Maybe Princess/Queen Emma sends him on a quest to protect their kingdom or team up with Queen Regina to take on a new threat. It would separate Captain Swan but Emma would still be off screen and CS would still be happy.

• Love 1

I think they just need to cancel outright.

Taking it into a seventh season without the Charmings and Emma seems like suicide, just let the finale end the series and maybe pitch a spin-off idea but ultimately this show has to end now.

• Love 3

Holy crap, I was not expecting this news this morning. I feel like I've been punched in the gut after flying high on happy emotions after last night's musical. I...need time to process this. I'm not ready to say goodbye to this board. And now I'm definitely considering last night's episode the series finale. Next week's episode and anything in Season 7 I'll put in the same category as a DVD extra. Why should I care about these new characters? Why did A&E think splitting Emma from her loved ones for two hours was a good potential series finale?

12 minutes ago, tri4335 said:

The timing of this for me is JMO feeling last night's episode was the ending she wanted for Emma 

This is how I interpret it as well. We all know how thoughtful Jen is and how protective she is of Emma, so based on all her commentaries and interviews over the years, she probably felt like last night's episode was the perfect ending for her character. Anything after Hook telling Emma, "You finally got your happy ending" seems superfluous.

• Love 4

It sounds like they're considering her to be contracted for one episode, but maybe open to guest spots, though it doesn't sound like she is open to guest spots.

I'm inclined to consider the black dust at the end of this episode to be a fade to black and the end of the series. I'm sure I'll watch the finale because I'm weak, but there's not really anything to capture my interest going forward, so I'm kind of hoping for cancellation. Then all these actors can move on and no one will be enabling these writers anymore. I'll know to avoid them in the future.

• Love 8

I will hand A&E this: their superpower is clearly their ability to disappoint EVERYBODY.

Seriously, as a Rumbelle fan from S1-S3, as a Neal/Swanfire fan, as a Sean Maguire fan, I used to think our fandoms were singled out for suffering.

We're not.

At the end of the story, not one single fandom is going to walk away satisfied about a story well-told.  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

May be if they're renewing they put a sleeping curse on her? We see her in bed all season until the last episode?

Emma Swan finally goes full Swan Princess and is cursed into a swan for all of Season 7? Colin having to act opposite a swan the entire season might be the only thing that could drag me back in for another season.

• Love 5

I'm shocked at the timing of Jen's statement.  It is like a punch to the gut after such a happy episode. WTF

There is no "Once Upon a Time" without Emma, the whole premise is that it's her story.  I guess the guy and little girl they are bringing in really don't have any connection to anyone but maybe Regina?  How do you continue the story with just Regina and Hook though?  They are both tied to the Charmings and Emma. 

I think the show is done.  I can't see how they would renew it with just Colin and Lana and I think Lana's out too.

Really, really disappointing to learn that she won't be back before the finale.  I've got more to say but I'll take it to the media thread.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Amerilla said:

I will hand A&E this: their superpower is clearly their ability to disappoint EVERYBODY.

Seriously, as a Rumbelle fan from S1-S3, as a Neal/Swanfire fan, as a Sean Maguire fan, I used to think our fandoms were singled out for suffering.

We're not.

At the end of the story, not one single fandom is going to walk away satisfied about a story well-told.  

I've said this before but it's worth repeating, this show will go down as the show that had the most potential with storylines, fantastic actors with great chemistry and it was ruined by the showrunners. I will never watch another show run by A & E (just like I won't watch any show by he who gave us book/coma sex).  They are not worth the effort.

• Love 7

I saw a theory that the present day storyline wraps up next week with the Happily Ever After montage and that next season is a prequel featuring Regina, Rumple & Hook. It makes some sense b/c we know that they love the EQ and Sparkly!Rumple, and this would allow them to use Hook without messing up his & Emma's happy ending. I just can't figure out how it would work without a million retcons...

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Curio said:

Colin having to act opposite a swan the entire season might be the only thing that could drag me back in for another season.

He would have so much chemistry with the swan that it would end up coming across a little creepy. We'd have to constantly remind ourselves that the swan really was Emma.

Really, the only way I can imagine the series continuing would be as a total reboot -- a new fairy tale with all-new characters, maybe a cameo or two from existing characters, like the Wonderland spinoff. Otherwise, they're in a situation that reminds me of Downton Abbey, where the actors of one half of two of the major couples wanted out, but the other actors were willing to stay, and that meant a season with a Game of Thrones-level death count because the only way to keep around one half of the couple was to kill the departing half. That turns it into a total downer. How can we go from singing about Happy Beginnings to Hook on his own without Emma? Colin may be under contract, but this would be a case where it would be best for the show to let him go rather than trying to stretch to find a way to keep him around without Emma. It can't have been a Happy Beginning if he's separated from his wife in such a way that we never see her, even if she isn't killed off. Maybe pirate Hook could show up in the occasional flashback where he intersected with the new characters in the past, but there's no good way to use him in the present without Emma.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, tri4335 said:

I will never watch another show run by A & E (just like I won't watch any show by he who gave us book/coma sex). 

Sorry if this if OT, but "Book/coma sex?" I have to ask what show that was/is?

I'm happy for Jen - she deserves to be a lead in her own show. 

I also hope OUAT doesn't get a new season. It's time to free all those actors to do better projects. I feel sorry for Colin already.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Ariah said:

I'm happy for Jen - she deserves to be a lead in her own show. 

I know these last few episodes have been a little more Emma-heavy so that skews our perception, but in the grand scheme of things, Jennifer was essentially replaced by Lana as the lead actress in Season 6. You look at the screen time charts and it's not even close. Emma didn't even have the most screen time in an episode about her wedding. I'd be a little bitter if I was Jen, too.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

Sorry if this if OT, but "Book/coma sex?" I have to ask what show that was/is?

That would be "Bones" and Hart Hanson who had them get together in an earlier season but low and behold it was book/coma sex - such a cop out.

• Love 1

Not gonna lie, after the happy emotions last night's episode gave me, it was definitely sad to read that there would be no Emma next season. I was already pretty set on leaving with Snowing. With Emma gone, so am I, I think. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:
41 minutes ago, Curio said:

Colin having to act opposite a swan the entire season might be the only thing that could drag me back in for another season.

He would have so much chemistry with the swan that it would end up coming across a little creepy. We'd have to constantly remind ourselves that the swan really was Emma.

Only if it were a CGI swan. In real life, swans are often aggressive little devils. 

1 minute ago, Amerilla said:

Only if it were a CGI swan. In real life, swans are often aggressive little devils. 

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Colin already has enough bad luck with injuring himself, I doubt we want to sic an aggressive swan on him too.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Amerilla said:

Or aggressive huge devils, actually. A grown swan is a beast.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Ariah said:

Or aggressive huge devils, actually. A grown swan is a beast.

Very good point. I'm terrified we might run into one when kayaking. The mute ones you can't even hear coming. 

The thing is, if the show's back for yet another season, the writers will just make Regina a Saviour. Or cast a curse that will make Emma look like Regina (oh, the possibilities of awkwardness in marriage with Hook!). 

• Love 2

Maybe, Jen knew Emma's importance was about to fade in the reboot are since she has options she prefer to explore those options than become a supporting characters on what used to be her show.

But, looking at the rating gosh, Jen and Robert if he leave will probably have the last laugh if the reboot happen. 

• Love 2

I'm actually happy for Jen.  Emma has been shit on repeatedly for years now by all the other characters, including her own parents and that little snot Henry, and I don't think a season 7 would change anything.  Better to not renew and leave on a fairly positive note with Emma's wedding and happy beginning still fresh in everyone's mind than to stick around and continue to play cheerleader and punching bag for everyone else.  If there is a season 7 then I expect the show to pull a Vampire Diaries and put Emma in a magical coma until the series finale.  I don't think a Sleeping Curse would work, because Hook would try a TLK and, when he inevitably fails (cause Emma isn't allowed to marry her True Love even if other ways have proven he is), Henry can step in.  No, it would probably be something different. 

Or, and I hate for putting this out there, they kill her off this season and spent season 7 setting up Hook/Regina.  Back when he first showed up I was convinced that he was brought on to be Regina's True Love.  I wasn't involved in fandom until season 3 so I had no idea that there was anyone shipping Emma with Hook during season 2.  What I saw was Emma being set up to go back to Neal, which I hated but expected, and assumed that Regina and Hook would be villains together.  Since Regina tends to get everything Emma gets a few episodes later, I wouldn't be surprised to have Regina and Hook work through their grief together, fall for one another, have a TLK moment and then Jen's one episode is her spirit giving them her blessing.  I apologize for putting this out there but I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Better to just end the series now.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Better to not renew and leave on a fairly positive note with Emma's wedding and happy beginning still fresh in everyone's mind than to stick around and continue to play cheerleader and punching bag for everyone else. 

Or Emma's WALLS. Jen is leaving at the right time for Emma's character (well...perhaps a season too late, tbh). 

• Love 1
(edited)

If Jen is out, so am I. I just don't trust A&E not to screw up her ending along with Hooks. So I'm going to pretend the finale for this season is the Series Finale and hope it's a happy one for everyone. 

I just don't get what they are going to do? This huge happy beginning for Emma & Hook and they are going to take it all way in the 7th Season if it comes back? Unless it's a Prequel- or he just goes on an adventure himself? Who knows. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 4

I understand and respect's Jen's decision to leave, but I am absolutely devastated. The character of Emma Swan has meant so much to me over these past six seasons and I'm not sure I will be able to continue watching without her. If the show is renewed for a season 7, I believe it needs to be a complete reboot with an entirely new cast, new setting, and new storyline.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Or, and I hate for putting this out there, they kill her off this season and spent season 7 setting up Hook/Regina.  Back when he first showed up I was convinced that he was brought on to be Regina's True Love.  I wasn't involved in fandom until season 3 so I had no idea that there was anyone shipping Emma with Hook during season 2.  What I saw was Emma being set up to go back to Neal, which I hated but expected, and assumed that Regina and Hook would be villains together.  Since Regina tends to get everything Emma gets a few episodes later, I wouldn't be surprised to have Regina and Hook work through their grief together, fall for one another, have a TLK moment and then Jen's one episode is her spirit giving them her blessing.  I apologize for putting this out there but I wouldn't be at all surprised.

The moment I saw the first rumours about Jenn leaving and Colin and Lana staying this is what I thought it would happen. I hope not, but I wouldn't put it past the writers.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

So I'm going to pretend the finale for this season is the Series Finale and hope it's a happy one for everyone. 

It should be, according to filming spoilers.  The "twist" at the end is almost certainly just the introduction of the potential new main character, revealing who he is and what his connection with the little girl who is also part of the finale is.

19 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I'm actually happy for Jen.  Emma has been shit on repeatedly for years now by all the other characters, including her own parents and that little snot Henry, and I don't think a season 7 would change anything.  Better to not renew and leave on a fairly positive note with Emma's wedding and happy beginning still fresh in everyone's mind than to stick around and continue to play cheerleader and punching bag for everyone else.  If there is a season 7 then I expect the show to pull a Vampire Diaries and put Emma in a magical coma until the series finale.  I don't think a Sleeping Curse would work, because Hook would try a TLK and, when he inevitably fails (cause Emma isn't allowed to marry her True Love even if other ways have proven he is), Henry can step in.  No, it would probably be something different. 

Better to just end the series now.

Just now, RadioGirl27 said:

The moment I saw the first rumours about Jenn leaving and Colin and Lana staying this is what I thought it would happen. I hope not, but I wouldn't put it past the writers.

Me as well and I don't want to stick around for that.  I was on the fence with Ginny and Josh leaving but with Emma gone, I'm out the door though I will check in here from time to time.

• Love 3

Still, I am trying to be objective and I really don't see how they can have a reboot original with Regina and Hook.

We saw the couple last Hook centric and it was becoming repetitive and Regina is there still something new to learn about her past?

for me the only chance at a new direction is the two new characters but sometimes it sounds they will be front others time they just talk about the veterans so I really don't know?

I really do understand why Jen would want to leave. Just look at how the show is marketed. All EQ... Before the show starts and they have the little sting saying, "and now, Once Upon a Time" who is in it? The EQ front and center with Rumple(why?) and Emma on either side in the foreground. 

That said, I worry about what this means for the future of the show if it is renewed (which I tend to think will happen due to the state of ABC's current lineup). I love Hook and want him to still be part of the show, but I don't want him to loose Emma. If they both left, going off into the sunset together for a happy ending I would much prefer that to them being split up. I almost thought what if they took a page from Cheers and Fraiser and had it so Emma was there but not seen, ala Vera and Maris. It would be manufactured as all get out but might be preferable to losing both of them or having them split up.

• Love 3

I know Captain Swan get to drive off into the sunset as Sheriff/Deputy together, but I'm still going to pissed if they don't get a TLK in the finale. I know the TLK has been watered down over the years and everyone can do it now it seems, but it's still such an iconic moment. Tackles and random magical doors don't cut it for me.

• Love 8

The only way I can see season 7 happening without Snowing and Emma, is a Wish Realm version since they are gone from there anyway. Sean and Lana kinda hinted at things in a recent con and it would keep Colin as Old Hook. 

I imagine the only they would make it work without killing Emma is if they have some storyline where Hook and Regina (and whoever else comes back--Rumpel, Zelena?) spend the whole season trying to find Emma (or to get back to wherever she is), and Morrison appears in the S7 finale.

55 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I know A&E make some idiotic decisions, but I think even they're smart enough to not pair up Hook and Regina after Emma and Hook's blissful wedding. At least, not in the current timeline. If Season 7 is all flashbacks to before Hook meeting Emma, then maybe I could see them pairing up Hook and Regina since they've hinted at them working together in the past anyways. But yeah, the show just needs to end now. Regina may get more screen time than Emma, but Emma is the heart of the show and you can't continue a show without its heart.

• Love 4